BLAck'z ART => Farewell to Snafu (19th Mar 2013)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Fummo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Dude your work is awesome! The computer strips are great.

Postby Black » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks a lot, Alpha. I like your stuff too. I read you had some problems with your comp' and lost all data on it. Man, that sucks big time... As you might have read, I had some problems with my comp', too. Though, I was lucky enough not to lose any of the files.
Click to visit my art thread.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Zeus 'mech

Postby Black » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I've uploaded few of my new drawings.
Well, let's start with this human eye practice:
Then let's continue with this katana design. It turned out much simpler than originally planned.
Then I tried to improvise a new drawing style for myself. Frankly, I'm not too happy how this turned out... And that Gradius was supposed to be Excalibur, but then I decided to go for the Gradius instead.
And here's the gunner doing a handstand. I used to be able to do this few years ago. I'm way out of practice now, though... Now about his hair - it's not falling downwards 'cause he used a lot of hair gel, NOT because I made a mistake while drawing.

Postby Black » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 am

(Non-comedy) Update:
Okay, this is the "Ball-Wheeled Train". I saw it on the cover of "New York Times" from the first decade of the 20th century (when I was in a museum about half a year ago). It was a train design by Nikola Tesla. I kinda improvised the train's appearence, 'cause I couldn't find the picture reference anywhere on 'net (nor did I find any MENTION of ball-wheeled train anywhere...).
And since Easter is on Sunday, I decided to decorate few eggs myself (as I've been doing for past few years):
ImageImage
You probably know who this is - It's Jesus Christ (from the book "The Holy Bible", but you know this, right? ...right?).
This is Shinobu Maehara (from manga and anime "Love Hina").
And this is the Random Angel (from my mind/head).
Last edited by Black on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Fummo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 am

LOl Art on your eggs xD

So you had comp problems too. Its good it wasn't too serious.

I'm managing with rebuilding my art collection

Postby Black » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:11 pm

A little something I made. Took me about 5 hours to make these 2. I could've conquered China instead. Twice! (Nanman Musou Mode in "Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper" have 4 battles, which can be passed with less than 20 minutes per battle.) Do I regret making this? Heck no!
Anyway, about the images: they are made according to screenshots from "Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper", except with snafu members, as portrayed in Alpha-Fummofu's "Snafu Member Adventure", saga 1. Almost everything was drawn from scratch in Flash. The exceptions are Lono in background of first image and members' faces, which were originally drawn by Alpha-Fummofu, then auto-traced and incorporated into the picture.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Looks awesome. But if you're looking for a game of that quality coming from me then i'm afraid i will let you down.

So down you'll be a few meters underground by the time you get over it. :P
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Black » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 pm

Don't worry, noone expects you to make something like this. I made these images just for lulz.

Postby Fummo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Many Lolz xD

looks awesome Black

Added after 2 minutes:

I'd like to draw a design of you for the Snafu sagas =)

I cant remember if you gave me info on this already. But I'll draw it up now if you like

Postby Black » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:33 pm

No, I didn't give you info for my character's design. I'll draw a few sketches and send them to you when I'm done (probably tomorrow). I have an interesting idea for my weapon.

Postby Fummo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Oh ok..

Till then xD

Postby Black » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:53 am

This is Dr.B, character made by one of my friends few years ago (drawn by me, of course).

And now for the important stuff:
Here's my character for Alpha-Fummofu's comic.
NAME: Black
CLOTHES: Black
HAIR: Black
EYES: Dark Brown

Click on the following thumbnail for the full-sized, detailed description of my character's weapon.

Postby Black » Sun May 04, 2008 6:19 am

I started playing Mechwarrior (again) on friday and finished the game yesterday (in less than 4 game years).
(Just to make this clear - I'm talking about the Mechwarrior 1, from 1989. I think Mechwarrior 4 {from 2000} is trash compared to it.)

I've fixed the arm and darkened the clothing folds on this one:
And here's another me, done few days ago. Did this one as pose practice and to test the new face drawing style. I think the eyes turned out kinda weird...

Postby Black » Sun May 11, 2008 11:58 am

I'm having mid-term exams, so I'll be away from my hometown (and my computer) for the next month or so. I'll be visiting forums from time to time from faculty's computer center, though.
Anyway, I made a second version of Zeus 'Mech. I made some corrections and few changes and put a different background. Image quality is kinda low, 'cause all I've got for saving images on these computers is Paint.

Postby Black » Sat May 24, 2008 2:45 pm

Well, I'm back sooner than expected. Let's get to the important stuff - like new art.
I've been playing "Star Control 3" recently, so here's the bridge of Earthling Cruiser. The captain says "Farewell, Daks." after making Daktaklakpak ship crash into a small moon, which is because Daktaklakpak race hates being called Daks (and they are your enemies in the game).
(Click on image for Full-size view.)
Next is the sketch of one of my dreams. (I almost always have weird dreams and I remember most of them.) The girl in hand is trapped inside the magical prison, which I created by mixing alteration, transportation, etc. spells. The prison walls are molecular-coded and if you don't know the correct way to manipulate your molecules as you enter/leave the magical field that makes it's walls, your molecules will be broken apart and you'll be virtually desintegrated. Also, dimensional gate enchanted with shrink and enlarge alteration spells forms the door, so the person inside is shrinked. If everyone had dreams like mine, we wouldn't need TV nor computer games XD.
(Click on image for Full-size view.)

And this is the front part of Wartrak Scorcher, from "Warhammer 40k". It's part of a request from a friend. He requested this vehicle driven by a predator, with plasma-gun instead of machine-gun turrets. I still need to make the plasma-gun (which is supposed to look like expander from "Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition") and draw the predator who's supposed to drive it).
This vehicle have been made using "PowerPoint 2003" :D.
(No larger view available XD.)

Postby sam4books » Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm

You're very good at teh 3-D art :D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Black » Sat May 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks, but it's not real 3D. It's made in "PowerPoint 2003", using 3D style and few tricks.

Postby sam4books » Sat May 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Oh, that makes it even better then ^^ (considering the fact that I know nothing of the 3-D style)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Black » Sat May 24, 2008 3:25 pm

I just love using programs the way they're not supposed to be used XD. I mean, PowerPoint is made for creating presentations, not 3D-looking images :D.

<EDIT>
I forgot to post the link to this:
Mechwarrior 3 - Hop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bi8b3WuXf8
I made it about 3 months ago. It's music video made using "Mechwarrior 3" and "Mechwarrior 3: Pirate's Moon" gameplay footage.

Postby Black » Sat May 31, 2008 9:39 am

Bomberman walking through a wall. (I dug up my old bomberman design and used it as a referance.)

Cybernetic soldier coming out of computer monitor. Why are people nowdays opssessed with realistic-than-real (violence in) computer games?

And here's a w.i.p. rendition of last year's Robo-Icy drawing. Made using "PowerPoint 2003" XD. Traced using "Scribble" AutoShape, "colored" mostly with textures. There's still a lot that needs to be done - draw his torso and arms, shade it,...

(Click on thumbnails for full-size images.)

BLAck'z ART => Black in Jedy Academy

Postby Black » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Random mecha. I used this angle to try to give the viewers the "feel" of mecha's height.
And this is the comic I named "Black in Jedi Academy", inspired by PC game "Jedy Academy". It's quality is really low, but I hope that won't discourage you from taking a peek (and, hopefully, reading it). I used this simplistic drawing style so I could draw pages quickly and update it often.
Image Image Image
Image Image
(Click on Thumbnails for Full-size images.)

Re: BLAck'z ART => Elmchanted Forest's Executioner

Postby Black » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm

This is the Executioner from Croatian animated movie (cartoon) "The Elmchanted Forest" (Yes, that's elmchanted). I had the VHS Cassette when I was a kid and was reminded of the cartoon when I saw it few days ago on tv. Executioner is a gigantic suit of armor with a guilotine for a face, which slams every time he bows/bends forward. Well, Executioner is actually a small green-skinned guy, but he's seen otside of his gigantic mechanical suit of armor only in one scene, when his suit of armor is destroyed (by his "boss") because his prisoner escaped. I drew him holding his prisoner, to show you how big he actually is.
Also, I made this gif of Executioner:
It'd make a cool Avatar if I could make it's size smaller without ruining the quality, which I wasn't able to do.

Postby Black » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:05 am

Computer One-panelers are back!
And here is a message from P.C. (made entirely in "PowerPoint 2003", of course):
Btw, P.C. is actually a computer monitor, not a computer itself, in case you haven't noticed XD. His inicials stand for "Philips Coolie" :D.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Computer One-Panelers

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Postby Black » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:21 am

Well, yeah, that's what gave me the idea for that character - the belief of many that monitors are actual computers (Hence his name - P.C.). Oh, and I didn't mention this about "Troubleshooting" pic: You might not notice it, but that thing computer is facing is supposed to be a worm in Mexican poncho, a representation of computer worm (many people don't realise that there are harmful programs other than viruses).

And here's an update - 2 animated gifs I made today:
ImageImage
Skeleton and Imp from "Dungeon Keeper 2" XD.

PreviousNext

Return to Art