Satoshi_Jiro's Drawings - 8-18-11 Basil for Coos

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Satoshi_Jiro's Drawings - 8-18-11 Basil for Coos

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Last edited by Satoshi_Jiro on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:26 am, edited 125 times in total.

Postby Coos » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Wow, big gallery for a start.
first, a welcome to the Art and Snafu forums, because you are new.
Second, nice stuff. Your work does look different from most of ours,and thats fine XD. I also see some sexies :snoogins:
Keep it up.

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm

thank u :D
"You guys got any of them taquitos?"

Postby Vegedus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:46 pm

lul whut? - was my first reaction.

Second, was not really impressed, more weird than good. Then, as I scrolled further down the page (I suppose you list them from oldest to newest?) I noticed that you are actually pretty good. I especially like the way you pencil shade. Might I inquire how you do it?

My only complaint, and that's kinda a pet peeve of mine, because I did it myself for a long time, is that you mostly draw people from the front. You seem to have a good understanding of mass, and the times you do draw them from an angle, it looks good, so I wonder why you limit yourself that way. Change it up a little. Front view gets boring in all it's symmetry.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:42 pm

well alot of these are my oldest drawings that i used to just kind of draw the front

well and also my side-views/all other views need a little bit of working on *you didn't hear that :P*

umm well the shading with the pencil was pretty easy, all i did was hold the pencil somewhat at an angle and then go over it really lightly over and over til it got to be what i wanted (at least i think thats what i did hehe)

i dont normally keep track of how i do it, its just sorta natural

oh and last thing, thanks for look'n at my thread and enjoyin my strange/silly drawings! :D

Added after 45 minutes:

oh yea there also not in chronological order *hehehe*

Postby Riku-Nara » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:01 pm

welcome to snafu, and your art work is like an eveloution to me.
gets way better the further you go.
great job and keep it up! :D

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 am

thx again :D

i'll try to update as much as i can (although the scanner i use is actually my friend's so it might only be once a week)

Postby Fummo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 am

Hmm Some are really good. Plz update and show what you do now ^_^

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:36 pm

i have a question for anyone lookin at this about photoshop

i have version 6 and i'd like to know if it has a feature that can take a penciled drawing and ink or make the lines cleaner, also i need some help figuring out how to color stuff nicely (like bleedman's work)

if anyone can help out i'd really appreciate it (btw is it appropriate to post for help in my own topic?)

Postby Fummo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Ask the great Erix3423

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:26 pm

oo good idea :P

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:39 pm

well heres like the first post for about a week i guess (sry guys been busy), umm well i have a few drawings that i've done and my only problem is....no scanner ;_; (i seem sorta like endling when he didn't have a scanner, only...my picture taking skills aren't good enough to take good pictures of my drawings)

well im workin on trying to get myself a scanner so that i can solve that problem (among other problems with school and such)

once i get a scanner i may copy erix in the way of drawing one thing per day so that i can practice and maybe get some feedback on how to improve from all you out there :)

that set aside i just edited the first post on here (mainly cus of all the pics on there making it sorta take a while to load)

Postby Fummo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Cool. Cant wait^^

Postby Erix » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:41 pm

Satoshi_Jiro wrote:well heres like the first post for about a week i guess (sry guys been busy), umm well i have a few drawings that i've done and my only problem is....no scanner ;_; (i seem sorta like endling when he didn't have a scanner, only...my picture taking skills aren't good enough to take good pictures of my drawings)

well im workin on trying to get myself a scanner so that i can solve that problem (among other problems with school and such)

once i get a scanner i may copy erix in the way of drawing one thing per day so that i can practice and maybe get some feedback on how to improve from all you out there :)

that set aside i just edited the first post on here (mainly cus of all the pics on there making it sorta take a while to load)

Just so you know, I draw more then once a day. I just make sure I color one a day. Line art wise I crank out 3 to 5 on average. Its good to practice daily.

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:48 pm

oh, well i haven't gotten that far in your topic on the forum, im on page 111 now

been going through and looking at all your drawings and i have to say that they are all pretty amazing so far

there are a few times where theres something that i notice somewhat weird in them but i'll refrain from commenting on them til i start seeing more of the newest stuff you've drawn in the further pages (cus im sure you've gotten much better since then :D)

Re: [Satoshi Jiro] {Drawings}

Postby keroro ruguru » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 pm

funny works lol welcome to snafu newcomer satoshi!
"They don't think it be like it is,

but it do." -- Oscar Gamble

Postby Faust777 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:28 pm

A challenger appears! ahaha xD Welcome to snafu, nice art i luvs. crazy-awesome wierd stuff is amazing.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:42 pm

alright here after....2 weeks?...well update time

i got 2 new things to show (even though i have a few other things that i haven't been able to scan yet)

both of them are fanart sketches of naruto doing funny things

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... AHRuto.jpg

on this one there are a few problems that i noticed after i drew it (like having 2 left feet) and i drew it in pen kinda quickly so i couln't erase them and make em better, the backround or paper color is like that cus the paper had some weird printing thing on it and i was just drawin around on stuff (i intend to fix this later and maybe even attempt at coloring it but unfortunately i have to work on a paper due tomorrow :()

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... ATRUTO.jpg

this next one was just another little thing i drew around the same time earlier today but i found some white paper to draw on (funny face on him :P)

oh yeah also i didn't have any reference of what naruto's clothes looked like so i just sorta tried to make up what i thought it was
Last edited by Satoshi_Jiro on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:09 pm

ok update time again, this time i have scanned the 2 other drawings that i couldn't post last time and i fixed up the funny naruto picture

just had this idea while sittin around, also after i drew it i tried out drawing some japanese, i'm not quite sure if its right so if anyone can tell me if i did it wrong plz inform me :)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... Red2-1.jpg

i wanted to draw a fanart of Little Red from Endling's EA and this is what i came up with, i drew it on notebook paper during math class but i plan on photoshopping it up a little just to maybe at least get rid of those lines :unsure:, also i know theres something wrong with the legs and/or bottom part but it has me stumped.

feel free to crit these drawings on anything i may have done wrong so that i can correct the issue next time i draw :D
Last edited by Satoshi_Jiro on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Vegedus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:16 am

heh, two left feet. That's a pretty funny mistake to make.

Also, converting the picture to grey scale and messing a bit with levels usually takes care of notebook lines.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:14 pm

hmm ok i'll try that (also the foo fighter dude has like the wrong kind of legs :P)

Postby MrHoboX » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:02 pm

I'd say you need to re-examine the arms first.
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Re: [Satoshi Jiro] {Drawings} (Updated 11/13/07)

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 am

yeah alot of it needs work but the arms are probably the best their gunna be in that drawing

i might draw it again later and maybe make it a little cooler :)

Added after 2 hours 12 minutes:

i fixed up the little red drawing a little (got rid of most the notepaper lines)

Added after 6 hours 27 minutes:

tiny update time :P

this is just a short comic strip that i drew after i watched mythbusters on discovery channel (they did this test too see if great-white sharks would attack when a dolphin was around and the result was that they don't)

i drew this first within the msn handwriting tool and then fixed it up a little and colored it with photoshop

(the shark seems to be missing his gills :P)

Postby Satoshi_Jiro » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:49 pm

to expand a little further on that shark's fear of dolphins i would like to add that they do not wish to attack with dolphins around because dolphins will protect helpless things and they can stab their bottle-nose into the shark's gills and kill it

just a little tidbit that i found interesting :P

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Lol wut, is that dolphin smirkin' like Gai?
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Next

Return to Art