(DinosaurPirate) Elementia Chronicles

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Elend-X » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:47 am

Awesome drawings DP! She indeed looks even better when coloured!

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:56 pm

lol yay for obligatory cute thing!!! ^_^
The Darkness in our Hearts....
Improving myself in every picture but I need critics so please comment.

My Art Thread

Re: DinosaurPirate's Elementia Chronicles

Postby DinosaurPirate » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Brand new page. The last two panels didn't come out quite right, but they don't look horrible either, so I'm satisfied.

Next colored picture will be of Kai.

Added after 3 hours 40 minutes:

His face came out a little too feminine, but otherwise it's about right.

Postby Elend-X » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:23 am

I cannot say that there is anything wrong except the thing you said... It's really good!

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:31 pm

DinosaurPirate wrote:

Haha nice with the almost-looks-like-a-pikachu thing.

Added after 1 minutes:

hey dude, have you thought of digital coloring?
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby DinosaurPirate » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 pm

I was doing digital coloring up untill recently, but I suck at it.

Postby Elend-X » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:45 am

lol Great Page!! :)

Postby DinosaurPirate » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:57 pm

New page, and a color picture of Riser. This is how he'll look from chapter 3 onwards. His outfit is mostly the same, but the tunic now has a hood to protect his eyes and face when it's bright out.

Once I have finished the first story arc, I will stop posting pages here and will create a website that will update every Saturday, starting from the beginning. I will also likely remove all pages that I have posted here (though I will continue posting standalone pictures)

I'm getting these pages done ahead of time, so that I'll never have to worry about falling behind... after all, if the comic updates every Saturday, that means that it'll take a month for 4 pages to be posted. Now, if each chapter is about 20 pages, and the first arc will be about 8-10 chapters, I could be nearly done with the series by the time the first arc has finished!

Added after 3 hours 23 minutes:

This is the new logo.

Postby Elend-X » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:40 am

Great Logo! Also great page and he looks great... but... RED eyes!? Isn't he supposed to be human?

Postby DinosaurPirate » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Yeah, he's a human... but he's an albino, which is why his eyes are red. That's also why his new outfit has a hood.

Added after 5 hours 32 minutes:

I am not pleased with this new page. I was completely out of it and the only thing I like about it is how Riser looks in panel 5.

Postby DinosaurPirate » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Here's a new page and a colored picture of Vincent Lancaster. Vincent may or may not appear in the comic, since he's hard to draw and really doesn't have any signifigance to the plot.

Postby Elend-X » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Nice pages! Can't wait for more!!! :)

Postby DinosaurPirate » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 am

As of right now, Vincent's been dropped from the story. However, Kika, his cat familiar thingy, will stay, and will be linked to Aurora instead.

Added after 2 hours 27 minutes:

Here's a new colored pic of Aurora. She has a very sweet personality to contrast Kurika's somewhat hostile attitude. She's kind, cheerful, friendly, and even sympathetic towards enemies. She's a white mage, with the Elementia Stone in her forehead giving her astounding healing and shielding abilities. Her hair color looks different depending on how the light hits it. To reflect this, I used a mixture of pale blue, pink and purple in her hair. It could be best described as "transluscent".

Aurora likes flowers, animals, and such. Whereas Kurika is more tomboyish and can be considered cute, Aurora's more feminine and beautiful. Even though she looks much older than Kurika, she's 18, while Kurika's 17. Despite all of their differences, they become best friends quickly.

Obviously, she's no fighter. However, she's not completely helpless, and has a few tricks up her sleeve.

Postby Elend-X » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:54 am

She looks awesome!! Her abilities remind me of Orihime in Bleach....

Postby yovannyx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 pm

cool, id like to see more soon
Always Cool!
PuRo CoLoMbIaNo
look my art thread:
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 137#795137

my deviantart
http://yovannyx.deviantart.com/gallery/

Postby DinosaurPirate » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm still getting used to drawing girls... Kurika's easy by comparison, because she's more boyish.

Postby DinosaurPirate » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Here's the new page. I'm really pleased by how it turned out, though in the last panel the shadows aren't connected to them at the feet like they should be.

Postby Elend-X » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:34 am

hmmm..... interesting.... Great Page! Can't wait to see what's next! :)

Postby HiroZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am

I've always loved to see a comic where the art style starts a little shakey. I like to see how the artist gets better while developing his/her own unique style.

A little advice tho, if your gonna ink your pics by hand it would be good to invest into a high quality line art pen, or you could get a tablet and ink it digitally.

Also, for coloring by hand, one word 'Prisma' has the best colored pencils and markers. They may be expensive but if youre really into art its worth it, or if you want to color it digitally you could use Photoshop or Corel.

As for drawing figures some people might tell you to buy a 'how to draw book' but i really wouldnt advise it. The way they teach you to draw in those books is realy tedious and time consuming. Its really better to free hand it and develop your own style.

Hope you keep up the good work!

Postby DinosaurPirate » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:20 am

I use Prismacolor pencils, and used to use Prismacolor markers. I also use a fairly good pen, but I have a very shakey hand.

Postby HiroZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:12 pm

Trust me my hand probably isnt too much better. I cant ink without screwing up at least once. You could use tracing paper to make the ink scetch so you dont screw up the original. I dont know how tracing paper would act in a scanner tho... really the reason why all of the main comics on snafu look so professional is probably because they use a tablet and stylus.

Also you could probably do your tones for the comics themselves on a photo editing program (like what you did with the brick wall) instead of having to go through and pencil them in.

Postby DinosaurPirate » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 pm

I do the penciling because I like the look. But if it's a large area, like a brick wall, I use tones and textures. In older versions of the comic everything was toned, but it looked really bad.

I've got a somewhat lackluster new page, as well as a new picture. The last panel of the new page looks a little odd because when I got home, I decided that what I had looked like crap so I went dug out the Perusi sketch, inked the head sketch, enlarged it, and drew his shoulders in paint shop pro. I get very lazy sometimes. Good news is, the first few pages of chapter 3 will be in color.

The new picture uses the same old pics of Riser and Kurika, but the Kai and Aurora ones are brand new. I've included those as well.

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:09 am

hey dude, can I draw the blue guy of yours?

HEy dude #2 your stuff would look sweet if it was digitaly colored.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Elend-X » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:10 am

Awesome Page!! I wonder who 'the others' are...

Postby DinosaurPirate » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Rockwell wrote:hey dude, can I draw the blue guy of yours?

Go right ahead.

Earlier images were digitally colored but I like the pencil look better.

Added after 8 hours 30 minutes:

Finished the first two pages of chapter 3. You'll notice that they're colored differently than usual... that's because the first three pages are a dream sequence, then pages 4 and 5 will be colored normally.

PreviousNext

Return to Art