Shoi's Stuff:Um...Update?

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shoi's Artwork: Barbarian sketch and Coos b-day sketch pg 93

Postby CogitoIJ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Everyone knows it's all about leather and loin clothes these days.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 am

Nice Shoi.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Chuckledarkly » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:35 am

hehe If you get that poxnora job I'll start playing it. x3 Great scout btw.
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Re: Shoi's Artwork: Candy Striper sketch pg 93

Postby Jingle Males » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 am

Shoi wrote:Lol, I need to stop drawing people and draw more monsters.

That request I gave you JUST happens to be a monster.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby lpsalsaman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm

That is pretty nice bro, just a little here and there. The hands need to work a bit, everything else seems ok. :mrgreen:

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:57 pm

And my gift is just absolutely Steezy.

Postby Mehoaido » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:25 pm

How come i've never been in this thread before Oo...
We'll I don't have much to say to your artwork, except that it's awsome... there are some errors maybe, but who doesn't do those...
btw what is this Poxnora thing? Some mmorpg?
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby Shoi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks all :3
Mehoaido: It's an online strategy game. You use cards (champions) to try to either defeat all of your opponent's champions or try to destroy the opponent's avatar (The champions' faction God.) It's different to say the least lol. A few people from Magic: The Gathering got there start there drawing cards sooo, thought I might try to stick my foot in the door there.

God, I still suck at handssssssssssssss.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:58 pm

if you suck at hands, then I can draw exactly like Bleedman.

Postby Muffinbuster » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 pm

I think the barbarian's left hand is backwards. If you're unsure of the position of the hands, try acting it out and looking at your own hands.
I tried to write a
Japanese Haiku poem
But it was too hard.
ABRA CADAVER

Postby CogitoIJ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Muffinbuster wrote:I think the barbarian's left hand is backwards. If you're unsure of the position of the hands, try acting it out and looking at your own hands.

Wow, it actually is. I did have to act it out to notice that, strange how our brains work.

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Hehe. I knew if I simply waited a few weeks you come out with more wonderful works. Your skills are simply astounding, Shoi. I must critique all three as a sense of artistic respect. <3

Candy Striper Sketch: You handle female anatomy with more charm than I, that is assured. I simply adore how you presented her with such sensuality, but in the form of a challenge, as though she's awaiting someone worthy of her perfect body. I dare say I avoid this trigger-happy vixen if I was to come across her in the clubs. (But I probably be further amazed that I went into a club, being the person I am. :B) Her outline is clean and yet holds that wonderful sketchy form that I adore from your concept drawings. The attire is very charismatic and utterly voluptuous, perfectly suited to the job she holds. I can only cite that the only abnormality is probably how lengthy her nose is, but this is merely a nitpick. It, though, bugs me that the bottom of her boot is sliced off by that one corner of the picture. Ouch... O~o

Barbarian Sketch: Hah! The bloody pixie is a goner! >D Seriously, though, I'm utterly enjoying the clever, victorious expression on the barbarian's face. Not only that, but the pure handsomeness that's shaped about his head. You obviously took into detail the various structures of his face and alike, and for that I commend you. His arms and chest appear be alined correctly, so I have nothing to complain over. The stitched patterns and furry textures on his pauldrons are excellently drawn and compiled together. Your style truly shows whenever I look at this and you should be proud for that. It's good to have a trademark amongst the numerous styles that sometimes look identical to one another. Though, I definitely agree on improving the legs. The detail seens to weaken as you go down his body, and I simply hate to see all your hard work dwindle down the piece. It's a wonderful piece, Shoi, and with a little improvement on that and perhaps some additional detail to himself, I believe you'll have me bowing before your awesome artistic skills. Bravo!

Coos' B-Day Sketch: Hahaha. It's surely a gift I expect Coos to enjoy. The whole nearly-bare Lolita and her adorableness is surely a fatal weakness in the loveable oaf. Well, aside my petty mockery, I can't full critique this. After all, you just said it's unfinished. I will say this most though: you have a keen sense to drawing clean lines and I happily envy that about you. I can completely enjoy this piece as much as Coos could, all because of the imagitive character design and the skillful transfer of styles from his to yours. You do this character true justice.

Well, before you hug me into submission, just let me tell you that I typically comment like this, but I also have the tendency to comment in short sentences as well. Just to forwarn you. Okay, that's all from me. I await further splendid works from you, Shoi. And do keep on drawing how you are. I simply enjoy to see artists excel in the already grand skills they possess. :)

Postby Shoi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 am

CogitoIJ wrote:
Muffinbuster wrote:I think the barbarian's left hand is backwards. If you're unsure of the position of the hands, try acting it out and looking at your own hands.

Wow, it actually is. I did have to act it out to notice that, strange how our brains work.

Oh my it is! I actually did use my own hand as a reference but I forgot I was looking at the wrong hand. I'll fix that asap.

@ Keeper: Wow, I must say this has to be the longest post I've ever had in my art thread! Candy Stripper's leg got cut off due to my scanner, I could draw it in with photoshop to fix it. Her nose is a tad big as well, but once again an easy fix. I've always been really sketchy yet clean with my work, I'm not sure how or why I do it. Lol, I think I would walk right out the door if I saw her at a club too.

As for the Barbarian, I love doing faces for males. I'm not sure why but I just do. I think the reason it got weaker on the way down is because I wasn't trying as hard towards the end of the sketch. I will definitely work more on him for sure. I want him to kinda be my first really "good" drawing I've done. I'll post up a redone version of it tomorrow though. Hope it will look better :3

Yeah, I also have to finish the b-day gift for Coos. The main thing being the umbrella, of which I really don't wanna do XD. No one has ever really told me my lines were clean. In fact, erix says I'm a messy sketcher with all my work. Thank you for saying it's a true justice of Coos' character. I was afraid it wouldn't look like her or not fit her persona.

Thank you so very much for the kind words and critiques. I appreciate it so much and I will take all of it to heart. Thanks for spending the time to write it out too! It really does mean a lot to me. :3
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 am

Her rather SILENT response to my previous post must be code for:
"Yes I do remember your request Nick, and I will promise to get working on it as god is my witness!"
Last edited by Jingle Males on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Coos » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 am

Erix says your lines are messy?
They look mad clean to me at least.

Postby Mehoaido » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 am

Shoi wrote:Thanks all :3
Mehoaido: It's an online strategy game. You use cards (champions) to try to either defeat all of your opponent's champions or try to destroy the opponent's avatar (The champions' faction God.) It's different to say the least lol. A few people from Magic: The Gathering got there start there drawing cards sooo, thought I might try to stick my foot in the door there.

God, I still suck at handssssssssssssss.

Is it free or do you have to pay?
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby Chuckledarkly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:54 am

Games free but if you want more characters you goda buy em.

Coos wrote:Erix says your lines are messy?

I think they look crazy clean! My art is always a mess ball in comparison. x3
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Hiryu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Coos wrote:Erix says your lines are messy?
Resizing. Smaller sizes makes it harder to see.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Keeper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Shoi wrote:@ Keeper: Wow, I must say this has to be the longest post I've ever had in my art thread! Candy Stripper's leg got cut off due to my scanner, I could draw it in with photoshop to fix it. Her nose is a tad big as well, but once again an easy fix. I've always been really sketchy yet clean with my work, I'm not sure how or why I do it. Lol, I think I would walk right out the door if I saw her at a club too.

As for the Barbarian, I love doing faces for males. I'm not sure why but I just do. I think the reason it got weaker on the way down is because I wasn't trying as hard towards the end of the sketch. I will definitely work more on him for sure. I want him to kinda be my first really "good" drawing I've done. I'll post up a redone version of it tomorrow though. Hope it will look better :3

Yeah, I also have to finish the b-day gift for Coos. The main thing being the umbrella, of which I really don't wanna do XD. No one has ever really told me my lines were clean. In fact, erix says I'm a messy sketcher with all my work. Thank you for saying it's a true justice of Coos' character. I was afraid it wouldn't look like her or not fit her persona.

Thank you so very much for the kind words and critiques. I appreciate it so much and I will take all of it to heart. Thanks for spending the time to write it out too! It really does mean a lot to me. :3

I was happy to give some. It helps the artist better with their skills and the critic on approaching an opinion that'll better that artist's skills. Aside the fancy wording, I plan to give more in the future. So, look forward to it. :D

Postby FrozenDream » Sun May 03, 2009 6:51 pm

aha even after being away for several months your art never seizes to amaze me miss shoi. still need to go back a couple of pages ><''
我喝茶。你喝茶?

Postby Zega » Mon May 04, 2009 5:11 am

nice face concept, the female look is so sexy! the male look is really tough!

Re: Shoi's Artwork: Tomari tumbles in

Postby Shoi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:47 pm

I updated. The png doesn't look as good as I hoped for but whatever >X3

Her name is Tomari and she's from my comic in progress Orange Mode.
She's Akane's rival (The main "bad girl" but in a sense Tomari is "bad" as well).
Tomari is utter obessed with Renji (Orenji) but hates Quentin (The boy Orenji resides on).

Sorry for my broken sentences and for my lack of updates, it's been a rough few months.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

Postby Coos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:49 pm

what a psychedelic background xD
Love the character, love the design, love it! :D

Postby Shoi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 pm

.Jpg of it lol

EDIT: BW verison for your eyes:
Last edited by Shoi on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

Postby Engravement » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Spandex! :grin:
The colorful background is awesome, but hurts my eyes!
But look! Spandex! <3

PreviousNext

Return to Art