The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Your arts cute! ^^
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby New Era Outlaw » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:59 pm

A design for a birthday card featuring Crystal.
It's going to be bundled up with the doll featured earlier in this thread, held in the doll's tiny hands. Awwwww.
Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:10 pm

So, the Children's Library had me do up a little display for their circulation desk. They wanted a couple of elves involved. So, with that said, I'd like to introduce you to my two elves, Jingle and Tingle.

Originally, I was just going to draw Roll as an elf, but then I decided to tweak her design to appeal to the locals here. As such, little Jingle was born. She's so called because of the number of bells littering her costume (as such, she jingles a lot when she walks.) She is such a happy trooper, always ready to spread Christmas cheer wherever she goes.

And this little guy would be Tingle.

...no. Not the guy from Zelda, dammit.

Jingle needed a companion, so I made Tingle, a bucktoothed elf that gets into all sorts of mischeif (as well as his fair share of accidents). Mind you, he's not a bad elf, as he's always ready to lend a hand, but, as experiences would him would tell you, he can sometimes go WAY over his head.

I had a couple more sketches here, but I'll put them up later. My DevArt's blocked here at work.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:25 am

Christmas comes sooner every year... Gj though the elf girl has a cute twinkle =3
Check Out My Art

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Black » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Nice designs. Really cute, too. Good job.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby mac » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:57 pm

you've got some awesome artwork nice job. :D
http://datin.deviantart.com/
Wepons of Choice: pencil, Pad, pen, MS paint, Photo impact & Photoshop.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks a lot, guys.

After an entire year of slacking off, the last picture in the set consisting of Commander Blaze, Geargirl, Crystal and yours truly is finally done. And all it took was me getting sick to do it. Feh. :P

So, a bit about this handsome devil.
The New Era Outlaw was a character that I had envisioned for quite some time now, but could never quite pull off.
The first few cracks I had at him ended in complete and utter FAILURE, for two very good reasons.

1) He wasn't a cowboy.
2) He didn't even have guns, or believed in them.

...when that went over as well as a lead balloon with my test audience, I revamped him until he is what stands before you now....a smirking smartass gunslinger with an attitude and an ego the size of Texas.

Codename: The New Era Outlaw
Country of Origin: Texas, U.S.A.
Team: Acolytes (Combatant)
Notable Powers/Abilities: Fires concussive blasts of light from his guns. Power, rate of fire and accuracy all depend on the type of weapon used to channel energy. Capable of absorbing light from external sources, mainly the sun. Also capable of channeling energy in small, yet powerful bursts through the soles of his feet to gain a small boost in land speed (but GOD ALMIGHTY, does it wreak havoc on your SHOES!)

BIO:

The wise-cracking cowboy of the gang, there isn't anything that the New Era Outlaw doesn't have a response for. Be it a cheesy one-liner or several blasts fired from his guns (or sometimes both), he always seems to be one step ahead of everybody he's up against.

...or so he would think. "Look before you leap" might be the motto of his fellow superheroes, but definitely not the New Era Outlaw, who'd have probably flung himself head first into some crazy situation, guns blazing all the way. Needless to say, it has gotten him into a lot of dangerous situations WAY over his head, and has caused his well meaning (and yet so frustrated) commander his fair share of headaches, especially when you consider the fact that the two often bump heads on how things should be done. And, more often than not, NEO's solution would be to shoot everything.

Of course, this doesn't mean that NEO is without compassion or a moral compass. He values life and vows to live each day to the fullest, especially in light of the tragedy that marred his life a good while ago. Despite his gung-ho attitude, he refuses to outright kill anybody (letting them wallow in humiliating defeat while he gloats over them is another story.)

Despite his wild nature, he has a soft spot for his fellow team-mate and partner, Crystal, and is more open towards her than his fellow compatriots. Commander Blaze is often wary as to how NEO's behaviour would rub off on the highly-impressionable Crystal, but, given their performance as a team, he wouldn't have it any other way.

COSTUME:

Designed by Geargirl and Crystal, New Era Outlaw's costume emphasizes a classic cowboy look with a modern twist. His duster (jacket) conceals a finely woven mesh armor that can trap bullets and other objects. The yellow portions of his costume allow NEO to absorb and occassionally diffuse solar energy as his discretion, without excess build-up. In dark, shadowy areas, these portions can also glow in the dark.

Ironically, New Era Outlaw's eyes are sensitive towards light, and must wear tinted glasses to shield his eyes.

PERSONALITY

Optimistic and outgoing is probably the best way to describe the New Era Outlaw....when he's not being an egotistical jackass, that is. He generally gets along well with his fellow Acolytes, always ready with a joke or random bit of nonsense to keep their spirits up on the battlefield. However, he can also be a bit annoying with his remarks (as Crystal and a random frying pan can tell you.)

Once he mellows out, however, he can be a very cool and receptive individual that's a genuine pleasure to have around. He is also genuinely concerned about his friends, seeing them as the family he's never had, and will go that extra mile for them. With that said, he is exceptionally fond of Crystal, whose kindness inspired him to join the team to begin with.

QUOTES:

"Not that it'd do you any good, but once I aim these babies, I reckon you oughta run."

"I reckon so./I reckon not." (He says this a lot.)

"Who am I? I'm the New Era Outlaw. What is this, you ask? It's my shotgun aimed directly at your face. Any other questions?"

"Be quick or be history. It's as simple as that."

Postby New Era Outlaw » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:21 am

Just fooling around here.

In no particular order:

Right Leg - Avaricia, Dark Acolyte of Greed
Left Leg - Shard, Dark Acolyte of Vanity
Right Arm - Berserkus, Dark Acolyte of Gluttony
Left Arm - Scorn, Dark Acolyte of Wrath
Shoulders, Upper Back and Right Wing - Talon, Dark Acolyte of Apathy
Left Wing, Lower Torso and Tail - Lillith, Dark Acolyte of Seduction
Upper Torso and Head - Infernus, Dark Acolyte of Jealousy

...yeah. :\

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Aye, let's post up somethin', ah?

Some lineart I did of Roll as she appears in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Listened to this while I was drawing.

Anyway, doing a little profile W.I.P. for my comic, and I'm doing a little color test for the character Rampage. Take a look at what I did so far.

Rampage is somewhat of an homage to 'Kimba the White Lion' (as indicated by his ability to transform to a white lion, but I wanted to balance that out with some 'earthy' tones in his costume. He is seen here, mid-transformation.

A co-worker of mine suggested that I should do concepts of Rampage in fully-human and all-out beast mode, so I'll get cracking on that. In the meanwhile, what do you guys think of the colours?

Twisting up your own costume designs are fun, yes?

Postby New Era Outlaw » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Ah, FINALLY. It's done.

Ever since Roll's return to the fighting arena in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, I've always wanted to do some tribute art for her. Doubly more so that she now has her own set of moves and is a force to be reckoned with in that game (SCREW Karas and his oversized butter knife.)

I tried a little something with the background (seeing as how I should really do more of those), rendering a bridge and a meadow in the distance (you may recognise it as the meadow from an earlier piece of mine, 'Not a Care in the World'.) It's not much, but it'll have to do.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this one. I know I did.

Postby Black » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:44 pm

That Roll drawing reminds me of GBA version of the game "Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon". There was a hidden item called "Maid Dress" which you could equip to one of the mages to replace her robes with a maid outfit and her staff/rod with a broom XD
Anyway, Roll lineart looks great. Nice, dynamic pose. As for the colored version, it looks great. Nice shading and cool effects.
Mid-transformation Rampage looks great, too. I like your choice of colors. I think you should keep this color scheme.
Nice costume design. Quite... spikey.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks, Black. Always happy to entertain. =)

My supervisor ay work asked me to draw up some characters to spice up the Children's Library. I decided to take little Jingle's design from the Christmas display and make her into a little mascot for the library.

So, here we have Melody.
She's a cheerful girl with a lot of spunk, always ready to grab adventure by the heels. She has a profound love of music, and is an avid reader. She's fond of fairy tales, and is particularly keen on stories featuring songs/music.

Melody (c) Outlaw'd Studios.

EDIT: By the way, sorry about the quality, everyone. The scanner here is CRAP.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 am

Work in progress, yo.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:43 am

Inked! Now to colour! AWAAAAAY!!!

Postby Black » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Geargirl strikes back :D !
Interesting mid-jump pose. I see you removed her shoulder-turret and added a giant screwdriver on her left hand. Nice :) .
All in all, cool drawing.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 pm

The shoulder turret may be removed in this pic, but it's not gone forever. See those pegs on her shoulders?
She can swap parts on those pegs, as long as they're compatible.
The same applies for her handheld tools, which includes a turbo-powered screwdriver.

I wanted to portray her as a...'mix and match' super hero. So to speak.

In colour now:

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:33 am

So. Valentine's Day is coming up.

...and I haven't done a card in quite a while, so....here you go.
This horribly cheezy- I MEAN, extremely awesome card was done for a friend of mine. It's going to be bundled with a bouquet of roses.

There was going to be a NEO plush in there also.
Unfortunately, my resident dollmaker fell ill, so, no doll. Such a shame, since this card would've gone so well with it.

Ah, well. Enjoy, regardless, and Happy V-Day.

Postby mykie274143 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 am

I like your style! :D Your drawings are cool!

Postby Black » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Haha :) That's a nice one. I like it.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Ha, ha. You should see the inside of the card. It just makes the whole thing....complete, more or less. I'll post it up later.

Anyway, a well-wisher sent me some fanart, and it's really awesome.
Not only do Crystal and Geargirl get new outfits, but a new character has arrived!

Follow this link for the third: http://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com/art/ ... -112799668

All designs by Krowzivitch. Go hail her out at http://krowzivitch.deviantart.com when you find the time.

Also....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO_MYxRY ... annel_page

If Countdown to Ragna Rock had a theme, THIS WOULD BE IT. Awesome stuff.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:15 am

wow really good colors i haz only 1 critic i think maybe the shins are just a bit off... maybe I'm far from knowing what I'm doing let alone others! XD
Check Out My Art

Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Ashura1989 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

New Era Outlaw wrote:Image

Work in progress, yo.

I really like all of your works, but this one needs quite a bit of work...

It's nice that it has shadows and everything, but it's not very natural.. in the real world, colors don't transition from black to white. Try staying away from the dodge/burn tools, as they only add black and white to your colors. Instead, try relying on the paintbrush tool to color =). Use it to add your values. Look for empty space in your picture, then paint in a circle and add your values there. Here's an example ^^

http://rage28.deviantart.com/art/MOAR-P ... -106012397

also, colors can transition from dark blue to yellow orange, from dark orange to sky blue, etc. Colors transition from warm to cool, or from cool to warm, depending on the temperature of the environment. Since the temperature of your canyon pic is relatively hot, try transitioning from cool to warm. Like... the darkest color in your picture can be a very dark blue, while the brightest color in your picture can be a bright yellow. Just a suggestion ^^

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I just want to see you improve.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:57 am

No problem, Ashura. You can crit me anytime. :3

So, I took a stab at making some cover art. With skulls.

...lots and LOTS of skulls.
Oh, and there's a headless body somewhere there, too, I guess.

Postby Thiamor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:35 am

You are damn good. I requested a comic done, and now since I saw your stuff, maybe you would like to take a whack at it. Since I would love to see you draw some of my ideas. You rule.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Black » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Woah... Didn't realize Rampage was a pathological, blood-thirsty, homocidal maniac XD
Nicely drawn and nicely detailed, as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Art