The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:52 am

So, I've been practising my lineart as of late. Quite a few people have been telling me that my lineart's really getting top-notch as of late, so, I've been testing myself out to see just how far I can push it.

With that said, here are some drawings that I did just yesterday. I hope you guys like them.

It's been over a year since I did any artwork of Crystal, period, so I decided to take her for a spin, showing her in a more 'flighty' pose this time around. Obviously, she's supposed to have water focused in front of her palms and swirling about, but I think I'll leave that for ye olde Mr. Photoshoppe.

You may have noticed that some details have changed (such as her knee guards). I was attempting to draw this from memory, so, unfortunately, there are a couple of things I got wrong. I have also added some indents to her armor to make it look more rustic and 'oriental', as well as a small change to the sash which goes around her groin area (stop looking at me like that, you nutters. :nyah: )

This sketch of Geargirl was done as a small demonstration to a fellow artist and graphic designer at work yesterday. He told me that he usually draws from 'sight', so I was trying to show him how I draw from my mind. So, armed with a spare piece of paper, some pencils and my Sakura Micron, I showed him this from the ground up, from the framework to the pencilling to the inking right down to the detailing at the very end.

Sadly, I didn't use any references here, so a few things (such as Geargirl's face) bother me about this one. I've added a few new things as well, such as Geargirl's new 'insignia' (the PC power button on my monitor here looks like a glowing 'G' when turned sideways, so I drew upon that. Look at her belt buckle) and also pegs on her shoulders to hold her accessories (such as her shoulder turret) in place. I've added a few oil stains here and there for a more gritty look.

Yeah, I know. The pose does remind you of Zero's from Mega Man X5, doesn't it? Wasn't my intention, since the hand was supposed to be turned downwards with fingers more spread out, but the sketch turned messy with Geargirl's biceps throwing it off, so I turned the hand upwards in a clenched fist.

And, lastly....

RAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrRRRRRGGGHHH
Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.

Postby Black » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Cool. Very nice drawings. I like your drawing style.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Fummo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:25 pm

HAHA damn thats awesome xD

Postby New Era Outlaw » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:23 pm

...you have been warned.

Re: The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Postby Teran » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Awesome gallery! Can´t believe I´ve been missing your thread for so long.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Why, hullo.
It's me again.
In case you didn't already know, I draw stuff. I draw a lot of....THINGS. Y'know. JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT HAR HAR HAR-

This one was done for 14-bis' Art Jam on DeviantArt.
Some of you may recognise my re-design of Jenny from an earlier piece from only God knows when. In a rare show of consistency, I took that same design and placed her in a more 'active' scenario.

Yeah, I know. She does resemble Mega Man, doesn't she?

So, I was bored. And when I'm bored, I draw.
At the time, I was also frustrated as hell, too, what with my place of work having a summer camp with about 50 kids and NO room to breathe. So, I took my pencil, and a piece of paper, and I drew Crystal as best as I could. The kids went nuts over it, amazed that 'Sir could draw!'

When I went home, I coloured it over, correcting a couple of mistakes here and there. Took me a while, but here it is.

For those of you in the dark about who this character is, she is going to be one of the main characters in 'Countdown to Ragna Rock' (NO THERE WILL BE NO VIKINGS STOP ASKING ME THAT DAMMIT!!!), hailing from China (well, actually.....they'll find her in Tibet.....GOD MY BRAIN HURTS NOW.)

So. Some of you might remember that I was working on a vulture-man character. After some pondering (as well as some critiquing from Kerry-Berry-Banana-Fana-Fo-Ferry), I did over his design. Gone is the overly feathery cowl, replaced with a more vulture-ish one (that emotes, too!) Also gone is the coattails that used to hang from under his cape....I decided that it wasn't going to fly with his costume. I also changed his name to 'Vulturus', as 'Vulturo' was already taken.

Still have to colour this one. Only God knows when.

Ah, Anarchy.
You mischevous, chaotic ball of fire, you.
Everyone's favorite anarchist rocker is back, complete with a more 'spidery' theme to her chains, as well as an apparent lack of lipstick (she looks better without it, in my opinion.) And is that.....OMG. FINGERNAILS?! :fanboy:

I'd have to say that my favorite villian to draw to date would have to be Anarchy. She's so much fun.

Well, that's it.
Don't forget to tip the doorman on your way out. OR ELSE.

Postby Acktoo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 am

FUCK THE DOORMAN.

*dies*

Glad to see some more stuff from you Neo, and Jenny looks good, and that's a nice pic of Crystal you got there, but...

Can't say I'm digging Vulturus so much, but then again bird-themed characters are beyond me. (Except Raven from the Teen Titans, but that doesn't necesarrily count due to her not very bird-like costume...)

Not to say it isn't good, though. It is a very good work, even if, to be perfectly honest, his costume seems kinda dorky to me.

The one I'm really digging here is Anarchy, though. Red and black are great colors, and I love her hair.

One thing I will point out, though, is rather the stripes on her pants being like rose stems, it would actually work better for her sort of character (From what I know about her) if they were more like barbed wire.

But then again, that could be what you're going for, and my perception's a bit off, but whatevs.

That... and her left eyebrow is completely unnecessary.
Too good for you.

Postby otherguy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:36 am

Wow well Im impressed

Postby Black » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Those are awesome drawings you've got there. Very impressive.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:24 am

Thanks, guys. I appreciate all of your comments, keep 'em coming!

Hooooooooowdy hoooooooo.

I was bored out of my mind yesterday, so I decided to do some work for my website and design a logo for Outlaw'd Studios. Everything here's done from scratch....from the texture of the Studios sign to the little bullet holes punched through it. I was trying to emulate one of those old wooden signs you'd see hung from the rafters of shops in westerns. Of course, I wanted to make the logo something that caught your eye, as well, hence why OUTLAW'D is done in some 'riding off into the sunset' type colours.

I might tone this down a tad eventually (on a friend's advice), but, until then, enjoy.

Postby llleung » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 am

i think you should take the blacks away because it makes it look burnt at some places, perhaps you should change it to a brownish shade. aside from that, thats a cool logo considering it was made from scratch too
(_*(_3l_l(\)G

Postby Brax4 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 am

Hm. NEO, did you just like, get back from the dead or am I just so blind to see your post? Anyways, nice work, I've missed all your work, very good job buddeh.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Acktoo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Honsestly I think the logo looks fine *not* toned town.

Some crits, though: the silhouette in the hole of the 'O' should be removed, (It would look much better without) and the wording on the wooden part should be a full black rather than the darker brown that you have now, that way it would have a burnt effect...

And I see you plan on having your comic come out in '09, eh? That means I have quite a bit of work to do myself, as there is a proposition I'd like to share with you once were both well into our prospective comics...

But as to what that particular proposition is... it's a secret. At least for now. ;)
Too good for you.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:24 pm

I'd like to hear that proposition some time. Sounds interesting.

Anyway...

So....had some free time today, and I decided to colour this old sketch I had of this character.

Warlord Zanmato is going to be the main antagonist of the comic's storyline. He believes firmly that only those who are worthy to be gifted with incredible power are the only ones worthy to inherit the Earth, and he seeks to be lord over such people. A shrewd manipulator (and a bit of a ham), Zanmato plays this deadly game with both his minions and the Acolytes as his pawns. He tends to approach many situations with a calm demeanour, only to berate his followers if (or when) failure occurs.

Warlord Zanmato is a gifted swordsman, and when you combine that with his own innate ability to create personal shields that deflect damage on his person (albeit at the cost of some of his own life energy), and you have a warrior that can (at times) be literally untouchable in combat. It is these qualities that make this warlord a truly deadly nemesis.

I had some trouble coming up with a suitable colour scheme for Zan-Zan-Bana-Fana-Fo-Fan, to be honest, until a mentor of mine suggested that I use purple and red for him. I think it's appropriate, really....purple shows off an air of nobility and regality (despite Warlord Zanmato not being the least bit noble) and red is a classic villain colour. It was a lot brighter than this before, so I toned down the colours a bit. I hope you guys like it.

Postby Gundam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:48 pm

your thread is awsome I difinately be looking in more on your art. keep up the great work.
One weird Snafu

Postby Black » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 am

That looks great! Good job.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:56 am

So, last night I was in somewhat of a bad mood, so I decided to take it out on canvas.

I figured that Roll X, an old fan character I did up way back in 2002, wasn't getting enough love from me, so I drew her up. On Chimpo's advice, I made her armor a lot more practical this time around, instead of being a fashion plate.

And, just so you wouldn't get alienated from what Roll usually looks like, I made her costume predominantly red and white, and kept her trademark hair ribbon.

For those of you in the dark who Roll X is, no, she's not the watch, she's supposed to be a version of Roll for the X series as a companion model to Mega Man X.

NEO's Jukebox: (a.k.a. the songs that guided me throughout this piece)

- Alia & Gate (Mega Man X6 OST)
- Papa Don't Preach (Madonna)

Roll © Keiji Inafune and CAPCOM.

Postby ROCKWELL » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:54 pm

sooo....when r u gona do dat comic?
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm

In 2009. Didn't you see the teaser above? :P

Anyway....
Wow. This is too awesome.

All the credit goes towards this girl for making this Crystal doll a reality. She had to crop some of the details out to make room for it on the doll, but damn, she did a fine job.

Thanks a lot, Taly! =)

Postby Acktoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:30 am

Haha, that's pretty neat.

Do you get the doll?
Too good for you.

Postby rossfellow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 am

You totally should have joined DAWG. <.<

Postby New Era Outlaw » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Acktoo wrote:Haha, that's pretty neat.

Do you get the doll?

Should be getting it by tomorrow.
Won't be mine for much longer, though, seeing as how I'm going to give it away as a birthday present. ;)

rossfellow wrote:...

You totally should have joined DAWG. <.<

......huh?

Postby Acktoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 pm

This: http://dawildguns.deviantart.com/

It's like a gunslinging OC contest.
Too good for you.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Ah, I see. It looks interesting, but it also looks like registration's closed.
Better luck next time, I guess.

Anyway, to show my appreciation towards my fans on Deviantart, here's something I did to celebrate 25,000 pageviews.

....Beat's one baaaad mama jamma.

Postby Acktoo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:09 am

Nice. Congratulations.
Too good for you.

PreviousNext

Return to Art