RaenirSalazar Presents SPQT & Other Stuff *NEW NATION-TANS!*

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

RaenirSalazar Presents SPQT & Other Stuff *NEW NATION-TANS!*

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:18 am

*********** NEWS *************************
OCT 23rd/24th

New Nation-tan comics up, just scroll to the bottom to enjoy!

Greetings, I only recently registered to the forums and seem to be getting along with people here, probably thanks to my extra cautious efforts to be polite and well meaning :) Or am I? Anyways, my goal in life is Computer Science focusing in Game Design and Development but I have a healthy imagination and creativity bug that has bitten me recently and now have the urge in my freetime to start up some art work.

Drawing in a mostly "Order of the Stick" style of artwork until I can find some IRL tutors to try more "manga-like" later on. For now I will post my webcomics as I have done them followed later by some other art.

My Blomic Quod Erat Faciendum, kinda like a "Seinfield"-ization of my life.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9306/200908290001.png

And my first major attempt at a webcomic that I intend to be a long runner of epic-ness.

For sanity reasons I will only "img" tag the newest and only leave links to the older ones.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4213/s ... 1large.png

Julius Septem

Please forgive spelling errors!

Action scene!

Concept art for a Tyrian Senator

Some requests I've done for people:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8388/virikavl.png
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8869/nisse.png
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1506/erikk.png

A Nice backdrop.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5623/sakeriver.png

edit: took up too much room removed img tags for that one.

Hope you enjoy!

The End is Not Yet Nation-tans:
http://i36.tinypic.com/346p1dj.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5163/s ... ianwar.png
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9185 ... scene1.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9343 ... scene1.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6483/s ... scene1.png

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4696 ... scene3.png
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5312/s ... scene2.png
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3662/nat ... plasha.png
Last edited by RaenirSalazar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
" Disjunction, Improved Quickened Improved Maximized Improved Empowered Bigby's Crushing Hand "

Re: RaenirSalazar Presents SPQT And Some other Stuff

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 am

reserved.
" Disjunction, Improved Quickened Improved Maximized Improved Empowered Bigby's Crushing Hand "

Postby Brax4 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:13 am

I really like your style. Welcome to the art forum.
I hope to see more.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 am

Oh! An Order of the Stick fan I see :D I think I've seen you on the Playground forums now and then. I love how you focused on the dragons in your webcomic. Makes me want to know what this "incident" is, though it's probably gonna be one of those "Noodle Incident" scenerios where we're never given any more details other than "it was an accident" xD
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Its actually going to be something I'll be explaining in the origins arc starting with the next comic.

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Oh, well that's a relief. I always hated it when they mentioned incidents and never told you what that incident IS. Really bothers you after awhile :/
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:33 pm

I was originally planning on telling it only later but decided that it would be better for the audience to connect with Drake and his motivations if you see what happened in his past in the first place and understand why over the next 500+ strips he does what hes going to do.

So far I have planned out at least three major plot points with several others semi formulated the goal is to link them together.

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Atleast you're organized :) Most people (myself included) just make comics based on what they come up with out of the blue without any actual planning. It sounds like you know what you're talking about, I like that.

I look forward to more of your work, welcome to Snafu ^_^
In passing

Postby Brax4 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:15 pm

sam4books wrote:Atleast you're organized :) Most people (myself included) just make comics based on what they come up with out of the blue without any actual planning. It sounds like you know what you're talking about, I like that.

I look forward to more of your work, welcome to Snafu ^_^

Just like me.
I agree though, being as organized as you, it seems like you'll do quite alright in the comic world.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:10 am

Gimme a second please, I need to whipe the tears of joy from my eyes. It's pretty damn rare to find somebody that actually draws in different styles other then manga from what I have saw so this is a welcomed addition if you want my opinnion. Judging from the art itself I can barely make the difference between the original OOTS and your fancomic so extra points there. No spelling mistakes and everything seems to be organized very well. And all in all, I can't really find nothing to complain about, even though it's just the beginning two pages, but still. I have hopes it will continue in it's current awesomeness.

Keep it up mate.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

I pretty much agree with Chocolate.

Except you misspelled "lieutenant".
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Good luck with the art and comics, better then anything I could do.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby RaenirSalazar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I pretty much agree with Chocolate.

Except you misspelled "lieutenant".

I could be wrong but I think I am using Canadian spelling standards for it, I will correct in future comics if this is not the case.

I would LIKE to draw a "manga" version of say Bleach/Naruto quality but I ain't got the slightest clue how to draw like that and especially not quickly or with the amount of detail I would like. What I might do after I have 100 to 500 strips is if I have the money hire a professional to do it for me and attempt to peddle it to a publisher.

The advantage of Oots art is that not only do I have the hang of it, but I can churn out a comic once a day to once a week with ease.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:45 pm

I could be wrong but I think I am using Canadian spelling standards for it

Ahh, that's completely understandable. Variations of English tend to pronounce and spell words differently.

Anyways, keep up the good work, and don't forget to experiment a little bit.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby RaenirSalazar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Something I drew for a PBEM DnD encounter between my wizard and Elminster.

At this point the story ended as the DM and I couldn't agree on the rules as written, basically he tried to Shapechange into a 200'^3 block of adamantium I argued he couldn't has it has to be a non unique creature and even as an inanimate object from the Monster Manual hes limited to gargantuan size not colossal, so it ends there.

http://linux2-cs.johnabbott.qc.ca/~cs50 ... _Large.png

http://linux2-cs.johnabbott.qc.ca/~cs50 ... Dragon.png
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2281/whiteandnerdy.png

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Huh, Gandalfs a dick.

Anyway, I suggest that you don't try to cram so much stuff into one page, since the text is hard to read for the first few panels without a magnifying glass. Instead, just cut it around the half, increase the borders a little or just zoom in a little more on the characters so the text can be properly seen. Aswell, try using a different front then purple. It's hard to read as well in a few circumstances.

Postby RaenirSalazar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 am

Chocolate Hurricane wrote:Huh, Gandalfs a dick.

Anyway, I suggest that you don't try to cram so much stuff into one page, since the text is hard to read for the first few panels without a magnifying glass. Instead, just cut it around the half, increase the borders a little or just zoom in a little more on the characters so the text can be properly seen. Aswell, try using a different front then purple. It's hard to read as well in a few circumstances.

Marty "Elminster" Stu, from Forgotten Realms. Not Gandalf. I'll keep the rest in mind for the next updates.

Made a little comic of nation-tans Axis Powers inspired for a game I play each saturday.

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 am

lol, Georgia saves them all xD
In passing

Postby RaenirSalazar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:39 pm

To reiterate the history and politics presented here are entirely A-Historical and based off of the events of a long running real time grand startegy game me and some friends been playing for 3 years now to cover roughly 900 years of history.

The Georgia in this occupied roughly the same lands as the Persian Empire plus northern india.

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:32 am

New nation-tans comics
Oldest first proceed to newest bottom

I apologize for the lack of updates, I had been doing these nearly weekly but I hadn't had the time to update my art page here.

Usual disclaimer applies this has nothing to do with current events or real world politics or even any real world history but is instead a parody of the events that happen within the cult classic multiplayer grand startegy game Victoria Revolutions and is an entirely ahistorical setting any semblances between events or characters within the comic are purely coincidental.

Context for newest: I was allied with Indonesia Federation and invading the Georgian Empire and we had managed to make it to Baku in the Caucasus an advance of like 2000 miles but the Indonesians got there first and were promptly pushed back out.

Re: RaenirSalazar Presents SPQT & Other Stuff *NEW NATION-TANS!*

Postby RaenirSalazar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am

An NKVD Commissar, fear him and his Peepish newb tube.

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 am

HOLY SHIT! VICTORIA AND EUROPE UNIVERSALIS! I wuv you broah. Also, got any room for a bystander in the game?

Postby RaenirSalazar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 am

Chocolate Hurricane wrote:HOLY SHIT! VICTORIA AND EUROPE UNIVERSALIS! I wuv you broah. Also, got any room for a bystander in the game?

Our forum is here http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=topics&f=89 and here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... p?t=419666

You can apply here, were debating opening nations in Hearts of Iron 2 to be shared.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Raenir, I gotta admit. I find some of these funny.

Chocolate Hurricane wrote:I wuv you broah.

Are you on something?

I swear to hell in all of your recent posts, you have used this word.

I don't think you be gansta.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Just spreading the love broah, nothing personal. Praise Christ.

Next

Return to Art