The Artist's Corner

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Artist's Corner

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:17 pm

I know that this is really nothing to do with me but.... You are coming off as petty. For someone who has just explained that they want more people on the forum, why would they want you to leave. Also, what purpose would you leaving serve and what would Guardian have to gain from singling you out like that? Guardian has nothing to gain from singling someone out so you really shouldn't take it so personally. I would like the art sect or even the entire forum to have more activity but there is nothing complaining about it can solve and it would take something seriously impressive for one person to cause an increase in new members. He already said to wait and see if another art comp fixes it so that is what we will do.
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:21 pm

There's no hostility (right now), Obsessive. Read my posts carefully.

Guardian wrote:Wanting critique is fine. I post that on all my work. But my goal to increase membership activity in the Art And Literature Section isn't to fulfill self-centered goals of having people look at my stuff. Which is how your post and justifications of it originally came off to me until you backpedaled.

You posts originally came off this way to me, until it was explained. Now I understand that your purpose speaks for other intents.

Guardian wrote:It's to get more people involved in these sections. More presentations, more activity, not to satisfy a single want; which will come as people come and if they have interest in your work. It's simply math more people = increased possibility of feedback. But that side effect cannot be your goal or your purpose is self fulfilling and looses its nobility.

This is given to explain the differences in wanting more people in the forum or more people in the forum for you (not singling you out). It is meant to explain what happens and what is thought of when a perception of self gain using the public is performed.

I react with hostility to anyone who is using good public intentions for person gain. I know you aren't now. Therefore, there is no personal or professional hostility from me to you. I don't even interact with you or your works, so stop with this hostility crap. I haven't done anything to you except speak my mind on a single issue, now you are going to blow this thing up into something it shouldn't be? Knock it off with this "I'm leaving crap" nothing has been done to you. Not to mention its a overreaction to a minor issue you have not yet attempted to help resolve.

I bear no grudge or issue with you, but you seem to still have a issue with me. I've already sent a PM to you offering to explain and further look into issues between us. You need to work your problems out with people instead of getting up and running away from something. The exact same thing (the process of PMs) is going to occur with another moderator. Come talk to me when you are ready and explain your thoughts and feelings.

I always maintain a open door policy with people; if there is a issue someone has with my actions as a moderator or as a member, they are free to PM me and discuss it with me.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Because I don't want to be the target of anymore hostility. I haven't seen him be aggressive to anyone else but me and I don't want to be the target of anymore of it, considering I use to respect him and see him as a friend. I brought up trying to bring up activity hoping it would encourage artists to post more or invite others like I have, it was worth a shot really saying something rather than just saying nothing. Heck someone might have an idea more than just an art competition.

EDIT: You should do something about that then Guardian. Because it was really upsetting finding out I was being accused of selfishness and being mocked, just after getting out of horrible night where my leg is freezing cold, sore and becoming swollen again and won't be fixed until I get my next shot of chemo of Monday which I hate getting. I was worried I'd have to go back to the hospital after having a horrible experience last week. So you should be more considerate what a person is going through sometimes.

Honestly. either add me to your foe list or stop being ready to attack me in one of your replies, each time they really do upset me.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:33 pm

I'M NOT ATTACKING YOU. PLEASE STOP THINKING THAT I AM.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? I EVEN SAID I'M WILLING TO TALK ABOUT THIS, BUT YOU ARE REFUSING TO DO SO.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Thy Obsessive Freak wrote:So you should be more considerate what a person is going through sometimes.

People often don't know the the situations of others they are talking to online. But at the same time they are not obliged to know or to be considerate. I try not to let a bad impression of someone colour my opinion. And you should really try not to let a misunderstanding damage a relation with someone you had a good opinion of. No one is attacking anyone so there is no need to fight.
Thy Obsessive Freak wrote: Heck someone might have an idea more than just an art competition.
Well actually I had an idea. If someone made a comic and had it hosted on the site that might work. You already have a long running comic. Have you perhaps thought about seeing if it can be hosted? Sorry if it was out of line for me to ask.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:27 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Thy Obsessive Freak wrote:So you should be more considerate what a person is going through sometimes.

People often don't know the the situations of others they are talking to online. But at the same time they are not obliged to know or to be considerate. I try not to let a bad impression of someone colour my opinion. And you should really try not to let a misunderstanding damage a relation with someone you had a good opinion of. No one is attacking anyone so there is no need to fight.

Maybe, but I think we all know I'm on cancer and that's reason enough to be considerate, I even posted my horrible experience in the hospital in my art thread that was titled that I was at the hospital.

The fact I was just mocked and ridiculed, regardless of whatever reason and what I found to be aggressive is reason enough though to be affected by this, especially since I've already been treated aggressively against before. And no one is attacking now, but there was attacking, can't belief I'm having to point that out after having such a terrible day.

Fact though that Guardian's stopped mocking me (Though he is being aggressive still) has let me calm down and drop it and written him a message requesting that he stops being so hostile and aggressive towards me.

ari-6 wrote:
Thy Obsessive Freak wrote: Heck someone might have an idea more than just an art competition.
Well actually I had an idea. If someone made a comic and had it hosted on the site that might work. You already have a long running comic. Have you perhaps thought about seeing if it can be hosted? Sorry if it was out of line for me to ask.

Talking about my goal since I started drawing again. It's why I started drawing again was because I wanted a comic hosted on the same site as my favourite artist (Though I will confess that his ranking's threatened by the fact his art's becoming more detailed and different, personal opinion, do simply enjoy the simpler art), still try. Far as I know though it's almost impossible though because the site's owner is the only one who can do that and has near abandoned the site. I wouldn't do it with the Story of Mizuka though for the simple fact it's a practice comic. No real ambition in it until know (It's gain a tiny, but unexpected fanbase that's made me put more effort into the story telling). But heck, I'd go with whatever to know my comic was hosted on Snafu. It would be hard to describe how happy I would feel if that ever comes true.

An obsessed freak

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Thy Obsessive Freak wrote: can't belief I'm having to point that out after having such a terrible day.
Guardian can sometimes come off as not being very nice. But do you think that maybe the fact that you had such an awful day is subconsciously affecting your attitude? There is no problem now. There are much worse things to hold grudges over. Thinking about it no does no one any good.

As for your goal of getting hosted, I know that BeeAre has expressed interest in new stories on the front page before. And it is my belief that any goal can be achieved with hard work and persistence. Some may criticize that but that fact is, believing that you can't do something severely increases your chance of failure.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Your certainly not letting this go but continuing to talk about it aren't you. But maybe, I'm needing morphine now to control the pain. Nonetheless the problem's been sorted, so continuing to talk about it right now is not doing any good either.

I am a humanistic. But have yet to see a window open to let someone like me get hosted.

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:54 pm

FREEAAAAK. You can't try and converse with someone without your morphine!

I know Guardian is scary as hell but he's never TRIES to seem like an apathetic ass, it's just how he sounds. XD

DON'T ARGUE, I LOVE YOU BOTH TOO MUCH.

XD Hopefully this has been settled through PM in full now. Now no more talking about it! misunderstanding! writing in extreme pain! not, healthy! Guardian's no-nonsense and Freak's very specific in his point-making! Both meant well! Done!

XD Anyway.

As for hosting- Freaks got lots art-wise to study before getting hosted. At least for Snafu standards. Though technically- he could host himself anyway. The point is getting enough people to ~see it~ (Coughhencethetrafficissueinthefirstplacecough)

Hosting on a well-know site is what is the best bet- but at the same time, yeah, the only one still posting comics officially in here is Bleedman. And no one's completely happy with him rite now, to boot.

Freak's got more of a way to go, but nothing happens in a day! No matter how much hair we give Satan to make him do so! DAMMIT!

Hey, as long as I'm here, anyone have any tips on doing flowing lines?

All the books say to use the axis of the wrist, but I think my axis is defunct. It just turns into half a circle instead of not-quite-straight wavey hair like I want it.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Feckin' McHoly, still talked about. I'm still concerned if it wasn't a misunderstanding and Guardian was going after because I was trying to get more viewers. Was he really acting like that to me in such a hostile way?

Either way the situation has settled on PM and Guardian assures me I won't have to deal with his aggressive attitude anymore, I'm pretty such he understands how much of a overwhelming issue it is for me. Overall, that is what I wanted from him, means I don't have to be viciously hurt again over misunderstanding or no-misunderstanding.

Also your enthusiasm hurts GrimlyLoveGunner, don't you think I know my art's not as good as a bunch of the other artists on the forums let alone the ones being currently being hosted. I'm it's why I think BeeAre's never turned his head towards me before is right now I don't reach anybodies level. Sad when your the underdog.

But on the bright now, you are right GrimlyLoveGunner, but that's even harder. Right now I've reached out to Lady Haru's offer for at least both FreakyNick and one of the six comics I have in mind. So far she hasn't replied, so I can only suspected that window became closed before I had a chance to go through it.

Anyways, just came back from me chemo which is why I haven't posted anything else. Should mean that the pain will already start to go from my leg (Already has really, after such misery it gave me). Though right now I'm sick and tired from the start of the cycle, but only ONE more to go!

An obsessed freak

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 pm

@GrimlyLoveGunner
It's better to use elbow and shoulder I think. They give a much bigger movement range than wrist and fingers.

Anyone here knows some good source on (fantasy) architecture design?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Everyone, Lady Haru and WestlyInc take special note of this, since both of you have done this. Haru, you are in the air on this one. You've been here longer and should know the rules and habits of the section. You do not have that innocence that is protecting WestlyInc, since he is still new.

We let ONE thread per person, that thread is typically the art thread. If you have general announcements, questions like Grieffon's there, or just general talk, use this thread. It's the Section's talk thread.

Keeps things clutter free, and focused.

Grieffon wrote:Anyone here knows some good source on (fantasy) architecture design?

How detailed do you want? What are you drawing, and how much detail are you doing on that?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 am

@Grim:

I tend to keep the side of my hand pressed agains the surface of whatever I'm drawing on since it keeps my hand steadier and more precise. Perhaps that might you a bit? Idk, I'm left handed so penciling and such makes my work smudge at times but it's not too big of a problem.

@Greiffon:

You could try Deviantart.com, they have a whole slew of resources and such and I've found a lot fantasy themed landscape, architecture before. Should be easy to find if you use the search or find the architecture category (might need to hunt some since I don't remember under which of the main categories it is in).
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

IM SO FUCKING HIGH RIGHT NOW

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:06 am

I'm not working on anything right now, but I want to know how to design a good structure. To be exact, I want to learn if there are certain rules to keep in mind when creating a man-made construction to make them appealing and interesting, or if all those artists make their fantasy gates, castles and temples on a whim. Resources on the architecture from different cultures would be great as well, though I mostly need the overall design, not so much on the decorative details. But if you have other things, I would appreciate them too; there may be something I don't know that I want.

@Bad Dragon
Thanks for the idea, but it's probably better if I can learn the rules behind them, assuming there's any. I don't think I can pick them up just from looking at people's art, similar to learning composition, if I don't know the rules, I may just look at a heavily detailed picture and say it has good composition, even though what catch me may just be the glitter.
Last edited by Grieffon on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:10 am

Ahh gotcha. Deviantart might still be worth your time though, they have A LOT of tutorials, references, concepts, etc. That you might find helpful. Not sure how much of that they have concerning architecture but i would be surprised if they didn't have anything.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:21 am

So I was wondering if I could make an art thread, but instead of drawings/3D art, could I post music tracks I've made?
I noticed that in the description for the art thread says:

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:20 am

Go for it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 am

I was gone for a day and SevenSoyBeanz left? Does anyone know anything about this?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Yeah, few of us wished him luck before the Mods locked the thread. Guardian said they'll reopen it if SSB asks them to on return.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:57 pm

I knew all of that. I was wondering if anyone knew why he left?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:21 am

I too wondered why SevenSoyBeanz left so suddenly without an explanation.
I hope he comes back; his art was really good.

Balalaika wrote:Go for it.

I might be posting before too long. Not only music, but maybe some pixel art as well (no guarantees though). What would be the best way to go about posting audio? I noticed this sight has Soundcloud tags, but I've never used them. How do they work?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:25 am

I;m pretty sure you just put the url to the soundcloud track within the tags
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:42 pm

*shrugs. Maybe?

You could also link it as well and forget the tags if they become a hassle. Or look at the ones that people post in spam.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kid J » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:19 pm

So as fellow artist where does everyone get their inspiration? more specifically how do you guys get over artist block, i feel like for someone to draw they have to be in the right mind set, i personally cant just draw on the spot i have to be in the mood does anyone else feel this way?

Postby Bad Dragon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm

What I draw tends to depend on my mood so unless I'm feeling really "meh" or doing a drawing where I'm given restrictions artist block isn't a big deal for me. When it is however I usually just look at other people's art that I enjoy or go and read a book or watch a movie.

PreviousNext

Return to Art