Switch to full style
Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.
Post a reply

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:57 pm

spikecomix wrote:They just aren't enforced

And therein lies the problem. :/

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:21 pm

Theres nothing that pissess me off more the Art theft. Thievery alone is bad enough, but when you take something that will offer you no monetary gain, you just stole for attention. And I agree, if someone was silly enough to do it, I'd cry if someone stole my art :(

I'm still worried someone might steal my character and no one will believe me :P

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:50 pm

The laws...

Even the avatar we use are somewhat "stolen" (except those like Erix or Spike xD) for avatar website just take images through the web without asking any permission (or do they?).

For example, Ketil could easily find himself in some of these websites soon... He is so cool :p

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:59 pm

But the difference is, we don't claim that we created the art for our avatars. And unless you've seen the person's work before, its assumed that the piece used for the avy isn't their own work.

Truthfully, I never use my own artwork for my avatar. It just feels a little too weird for my case. It makes me feel good when others use my work, usually of their own characters, but it's still a little awkward to see. I often think to myself, "I'm not that good..."

Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:06 pm

Relick wrote:Truthfully, I never use my own artwork for my avatar. It just feels a little too weird for my case. It makes me feel good when others use my work, usually of their own characters, but it's still a little awkward to see. I often think to myself, "I'm not that good..."


I will not use my own artwork for avi either...
First because I do not change avatar, once I have the right one I stick with it (otherwise it might be confusing for the others, like I have trouble following Ganon's constant changes), and second because... Not good enough... Yet :p

Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:41 pm

Erix3423 wrote:Theres nothing that pissess me off more the Art theft. Thievery alone is bad enough, but when you take something that will offer you no monetary gain, you just stole for attention. And I agree, if someone was silly enough to do it, I'd cry if someone stole my art :(

I'm still worried someone might steal my character and no one will believe me :P


And what about if someone use it as render for their sigs? you would be pissed too?

In my case, if someone stole my art then is no big deal, who the hell would like to steal my art? is just so crappy!

Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:53 pm

no, unless they claimed that they made the art, I dont care if you ava or sig it.

And I use ketil because no one else draws him but I love him so much ^^

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:07 pm

Well, if you did my dragonslayer in your style, Erix, I'd so avy it! ^_^ Maybe we could do an art trade: Ketil in my style, Relick in yours. X3

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Yay i finished a crown ^^

Image

Why did i draw a crown?...
i dont remember XD

Added after 38 seconds:

i finished it in 10 seconds, record time for a quick crown, impressive huh? lol i know it isnt

Added after 8 minutes:

I think i'll name it paper-crown

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:36 pm

thats tempting relick......but I know I'd have to color it and I do so hate coloring :P

Perhaps I'll give a try some time this week though :P

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:37 pm

I will too! Although I'm trying to decide whether to color it via computer or colored pencils...hmmm...decisions...

Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:00 pm

Well whispersoul was so damn sure he sucked that i made his sig...
Image

Re: w00t Welcome to the Art Forum! [+Jibba Jabba]

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 am

Yup! And i really dont know how until he said the final clue... The Damn BBCODE! ^_^ Well, Lets just say that i do suck at the moment

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:30 am

RELIK U DRAW BLEECH!>? NO WAI!

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:01 am

OK i finished this one, how is it?
Image

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:10 am

you guys might get a kick out of this. First off if you have a note from !comic-artist on dev art, dont click it. Its the website that the snafu-comics guy was putting across the boards yesterday. If spike remembers though, the name of an art thief she caught about a month ago. Aptly named (comic-artist).
luckily !comic-artist is already banned, but watch out :unsure:

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:41 am

spikecomix wrote:RELIK U DRAW BLEECH!>? NO WAI!

...eh? lol What's really weird is when I spell-checked my post, the computer considered every word in your post spelled correctly.

Oh, right, those of you who have been following Wizard of Snafu/Bleedman, I've updated it with a new chapter. ^_^[/blatant advertisement]

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:53 am

Erix3423 wrote:you guys might get a kick out of this. First off if you have a note from !comic-artist on dev art, dont click it. Its the website that the snafu-comics guy was putting across the boards yesterday. If spike remembers though, the name of an art thief she caught about a month ago. Aptly named (comic-artist).
luckily !comic-artist is already banned, but watch out :unsure:


On DA, I have a watch set on another of his numerous accounts.

However, he is not worth the trouble (seeking images all over internet to ban him) ... He could just change IP with whatever program and sign back on...

Whatever. Art thieves are to be ignored^^

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:47 am

I wonder why everyone thinks my animated gifs are flash? :(

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Relick wrote:
spikecomix wrote:RELIK U DRAW BLEECH!>? NO WAI!

...eh? lol What's really weird is when I spell-checked my post, the computer considered every word in your post spelled correctly.


I was referring to copyright and avatars :P

Mirak, if you want attention on your art, you should put it in the Post your Art thread, this thread is meant mostly for discussion.

Added after 14 minutes:

Erix3423 wrote:you guys might get a kick out of this. First off if you have a note from !comic-artist on dev art, dont click it.


Odd, I didn't get the note, yet I'm the one who (probably) caused both his !suki-spiral and !comic-artist usernames to be banned :P he spammed my page with some lame "lawl nice try I have a gajillion accounts" shpiel. Whatever, I abandoned DA long ago ;) As long as he's not in Snafu I don't care. :P

What was this about snafu-forums user, though? Did he get banned?

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:17 pm

He was poting a link to what Erix said was a "trick site" of two guys...err...going at it...rather...graphically...He did this in every single forum, and since there were no art mods online at the time, the thread in here remained open with the link intact all night until Dave showed up. People are such idiots...*sigh*

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 pm

O rly? Hm, sorry about that 0_o Actually no I'm not, I had class until 11 <_<

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 pm

dont worry spike. I handeled Bleedman and Spam, warned who I could in the other sections. And sent dave a PM and a note in DA (just in case he went there first)

I was modding it up proper :P

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:13 pm

Heh, on the subject of using one's oown art for an Avatar, I like using my own stuff. Normally just a crop of my latest piece or something. It feels wierd ot use anything else to me now, since Ive gotten so used to my own.

Exception being obviously noticeable now of course...

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:04 pm

What happend to the "post pictures that arent yours" thread?
Post a reply