The Artist's Corner

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: w00t Welcome to the Art Forum! [+Jibba Jabba]

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Dam your good at that man! XD Give it to me so i can pop my oc right in! X3
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Vegedus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 am

I rather liked the other one better. This one seems a bit cramped together and I'm not sure the background is fitting of theme, even though it's plenty cool.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Vegedus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Ah, much cleaner. Still, flowers and monochrome rainbows?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Chuckledarkly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:19 pm

I LIKE IT.
I liked it with the back ground... Could you put it some where so we can down load it? so we can manipulate the layers?

[edit]

You do all that up in photoshop?
Last edited by Chuckledarkly on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check Out My Art

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby FleshMeat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 pm

We need this! Period.
Monster - :3 I just like fucking with your brain meats.
Chocolate Hurricane - Never thought I'd agree with him.
Omicron - Even though everyone seems to hate flesh, gotta lol at his pictures.

Postby FleshMeat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:47 pm

photoshop CS3?
Monster - :3 I just like fucking with your brain meats.
Chocolate Hurricane - Never thought I'd agree with him.
Omicron - Even though everyone seems to hate flesh, gotta lol at his pictures.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Hrgh...?

What's all this now...

I wonder if I could participate in your...thing...

Postby Knight_Lancer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 pm

So do we have to make an OC specifically for this, or can we already use an existing one?

Postby Black » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 am

Sorry I didn't visit earlier, I was kinda busy with exams, homework projects, and stufff.
@ZoulArt:
Since people (myself included) like the Character Sheet you've made, you should definitively upload the psd somewhere.
@Knight_Lancer:
You just have to use an OC you made, you don't need to make a new one specifically for this OCT. So if you have an OC you made earlier, it's perfectly fine to use it in this OCT.

Okay, we could finally start as soon as we set-up an OCT time-table. Should rounds be 1 month minus judging, with judging varying from 7 days for first round and then shortening as the number of contestants decrease in later rounds (to, say, 3 or 4 days)? Or should we have fixed amount of time for judging in each round?
As soon as that's settled, we'll make an auditions thread.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Brax4 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Might I join in the fun?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Knight_Lancer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Hrm, time, that's one factor I didn't take into account...

Don't have much time left now...hah.

Guess I can't participate after all.

Postby Black » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, you may Brax. Welcome aboard.

Too bad, Knight Lancer. We'll be missing you in the OCT.

And - we're finally ready to start! I'll make a thread called "Snafu O.C.T.: Auditions Open". You'll have all the info there (unless I forgot something). Good luck to all!

Postby Coos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm kinda thinking about dropping out, only because I'm still going through my training period.
I could also use this as training though, too.

Postby Black » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Don't drop out now, Coos! :sosad: This could be perfect for your training!
Not that I'm forcin' ya ta stay, I'm just sayin'...

Postby Coos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm

I've decided I'll stay.
Question; do I need to submit the OC thing and my reference sheet at the same time?

Postby Black » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 pm

You should submit your OC's ref sheet and his profile together, but you can submit audition comic later.

Postby Coos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 pm

KKay.
That audition comic is gonna be hard for me xD

Postby Brax4 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Coos wrote:KKay.
That audition comic is gonna be hard for me xD

Same here Coosy.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby kiromesina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 am

ooh ooh!!! i wannna join. buuuutttt........ im the youngest here =P
ASIAN ISA:

Helghast:Helghan is ours!
ISA: Says your momma!
Helghast: NO! mommy says i rule Helghan. =3
ISA:Oh brother! *Facepalm*
Helghast: *Shocked* Your asian!!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Youngest in no way means worst artist. TRUST ME.
Check Out My Art

Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Black » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:57 pm

The auditions for the contest are open, you are free to join. All the rules are here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42142&p=2509343
I'll add your name to the contestant list there.

Postby Black » Wed May 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Okay, here's my idea for "Snafu O.C.T.: Volume 2":

In 1st OCT we decided not to use arena fights and instead use an university as battle-zone, reasoning that arena fights were too limiting. But I'm actually thinking of using them in 2nd OCT...

So here's the short story:
OCs are offered to fight in a tournament who's winner is supposed to recieve "great power". If accepted, they are to fight in series of arena fights and the winner will be granted increased strength and/or improved magic/powers.

Behind the front:
It is unknown to contestants why is the Tournament Master holding such tournaments and how exactly is he going to increase winners' strenght. He is always portrayed as robed, hooded man whose face usually can't be seen and always seems to be in shadows. Only thing that can be seen is his beard.
The real reason why he holds those tournaments is because he have developed a machine that literally drains or gathers magical powers, storing them in "containers" which can later be used by the 2nd part of the machine to let the user use the powers stored in selected "container". The machine is actually hidden underneath his robes. Tournament Master usually gathers the power of contestants' stray energy blasts and missed energy shots, so he would not interfere with the fight nor weaken the contestants.
It is actually his machine that makes the tournament winners stronger in the end. Tournament Master literally fuses some form of energy compatible with winner's body (magical, spiritual, elemental,...) to winner's body, thus alowing him to use new powers or use more powerful versions of his previous powers.

Tournament security:
These tournaments actually have big crowds of spectators, who pay good money to watch the fights, so some security is supposed to watch over them as well as contestants, to stop those who might get "out-of-line". Security is composed of ninja squads whose clothing covers everything except their eyes, with only one exception - a long-haired female ninja that only have mask over lower part of her face.
Apart from security, tournament is also supervised by few "guests" - one winner of the previous tournament and few people who seem to know tournament master from before.
Security ninjas and "guests" (apart from the previous tournament winner) usually refer to tournament master as "The Creator". This is usually interpreted as them saying that "he's the creator of the tournament", but it could be more than that...

OCT itself:
Having 1 on 1 arena fights doesn't mean all of the story will happen in arena. Contestants can add events happening before or after the arena battles, but it WILL be mostly focused on arena fighting. This would mean there'll be a lot fighting scenes, but that doesn't mean characters can't develop. They COULD try talking with their opponents (before, during or after the fights). Find out why they are fighting, what are their motives. Maybe even befriend some of the contestants.
The tournament proposal will be sent to other parts of the universe and even different dimensions, meaning anyone could enter - be it human, demon, esper, cyborg, machine, or anything else.
This OCT will actually have allowed killing of characters, because tournament master will have the power to resurrect the dead (he aquired it from one of the contestants in one of the previous tournaments). But will the OCs find it ethical to kill someone? Moral dilemas, maybe?

Okay, so much for now. Tell me what do you think and share your ideas.

Postby Engravement » Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 pm

It sounds like a mix of DBZ and Mortal Kombat.

Postby Black » Thu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

@ZoulArt:
Fights are fought until "one of fighters is unable to continue or yields". Weather OCs knock their opponent unconcious, make them surrender or kill them, it doesn't matter to Tournament Master. But he WILL resurrect the dead fighters after their match is over (explained under "OCT itself" in my previous post). Losers are offered to stay and watch the remaining fights or go to their planets/dimensions.

@Engravement:
Hm. Now that you mention it, it does, doesn't it?

I've got few new ideas for this.
1) Maybe we could actually use this tournament as a background story and instead have some contestants trying to get the Tournament Master's powers at the beginning of the tournament and OCs deciding to either fight him or help him, fighting other OCs. Or maybe have OCs with different points of view - after realizing that tournament master is "collecting" the powers of contestants, some OCs try to fight him and destroy his machine to stop him from getting too powerful ("No single man is meant to possess such powers."), others trying to get all the powers for themselves, and some trying to actually side with tournament master and protect him ("Our host had these powers for some time, it seems, and doesn't seem that he have abused them.").
2) Have 1 round of normal tournament fights, but then let the OCs determine what to do after they figure out that Tournament Master is collecting competitors' powers. They could turn against him as in my 1st suggestion or continue to fight normally in the tournament. Of course, if 1 contestant decides to act, everyone would have to decide who to side with.
3) Have a normal tournament, with no extra stories.

Okay, some more info on the characters:
Security Ninjas all have completely white clothes (unlike usual black or dark ones in most portrayals of ninjas). They also don't use weapons like katanas, shurikens or kunai. Instead, they rely on their "powers". For example, one of them summons elemental swords (fire/energy/water(?)/etc.) which float few cm from his hand and move as he moves his hand. Another has the power to move at very high speeds for short periods of time. ...
Tournament Master is not collecting the powers of contestants because he's "good" or "evil". He can be best described as "curious collector". He's simply set on collecting different powers to test and anylize, mostly out of curiosity or boredom, rather than lust for power. His tournaments are source of powers he gathers, but also a source of entertainment (as I asid, he also does it because of boredom).
Those "guests" I mentioned are actually the mercenaries tournament master used as security in his earliest tournaments. After that, they sometimes entered as contestants and other times just came to enjoy the show. They seem to have befriended the tournament master, so they have their own seats away from the rest of the spectators, next to previous tournaments' winner(s).
Last tournament's winner is named "Holo". He may look like a human, but he's an artificial life-form with body made completely out of energy, manipulated to form a solid shape. He can not change shape, however (I'll explain why some other time), but his body is not affected by gravity, allowing him to freely levitate (his walking is usually just mimicing of human behavior). He doesn't sleep nor eat, but he does "consume" electrical energy (electricity) instead. He may be seen "biting" a battery or some other electrical storage device - his teeth actually act as conductors to drain the electricity from battery and send it equally throughout his body. He usually uses energy-based attacks (which drain some electricity from his body, depending on attack), but also have inhuman reflexes (not inhuman speed itslef, he's just good at dodging attacks), making counter-attacking his prefered tactic.

I think that's it for now... Your opinions and/or ideas?

Postby CogitoIJ » Fri May 29, 2009 7:07 am

Hmm, nice ideas there Zoul, but if I may make a suggestion and bare with me on this, hows about we take all those ideas you said and smoosh them all into one big idea?!?!?!?!!!!?! !

PreviousNext

Return to Art