The Artist's Corner

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Redx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 pm

hmm n Art Contest "wow" lest see who ganna win this Contest. but even so i wish i could b in it but the problem with me is that i don't like showing my work :(
Fallen Knight...

Postby Relick » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Well, showing your work is a good way to improve, since other artists can give you very helpful tips that you can think about when working on new pieces.

And sometimes it can be quite the ego trip when people like your work. :D

Postby Redx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm

ur right but the problem is that i don't like showing my work until is 100% done n wen i draw is i take my time either way. i don't draw much so..is pointless for me 2 join :'(
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:09 pm

could i get some help or a tutorial for Photoshop CS2? ive finished an ink drawing of my comic cover but i just can seem to figure out how to use Photoshop properly. if your wondering what comic its about, its a fanfic based comic off of Bleedmans Grim Tales. im trying to do his art justice by properly rendering the images ive created since its supposed to be a continuation of his comic, taking place right after Ch. 3.

Postby Redx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:51 pm

oh. i see well, i know a littli bit k try this on ur cpu go to the setting of ur Photoshop n there should b a a toturial try it or check on cpu for help n it tell u wht u need sry if that wasn't that much. if taht doesen't work u check with one of my friends n he should tell me good luck tho
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:02 am

thanks, i created a few layers tho and right now im outlining the image. oh why did i make so many lines! and i just realized that my dexterity is limited without the actual pen in my hand. if you want to see the draft its on my site, its not much but im hoping to finish it then get straight to work on the 1st page.

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 am

oh k send me the link if u can. n np even tho iam posting bit late lol oh n b careful oh the line or u mite mess up again take ur time 2 goo luck.
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:12 pm

its linked to the DA button, but i was almost done with it until that storm came through, it shut down without saving! i have to start all over :(

Added after 3 minutes:

5hrs of work gone! n i was up till 4am.....agh

Re: w00t Welcome to the Art Forum! [+Jibba Jabba]

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

holy shit u have bad luck wow man u have to start over..ouch well, depending on the drawing u can redo better now since u done it before so u ok well, also depending on the size of the drawing that could b a problem.
*sigh*....so many thing in a drawing u can't b sure wht to say.. -.-"
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:02 pm

sigh, but everything is going fine now. i just need some help on the shading. its always the shading in color that gets me, sure i can make it fine in black and white with a pencil but geez. what would be the best technique to shade you think?

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:00 pm

i know one of my old friend's teach me. a way but u the only way to do it is by paper n pencil u need to use ur pencil n draw dark as, much as u can wen is dark. use a bit of saliva n ur thumb n start erasing with ur thumb not hard spread it around. a bit n make it look like a shade is a hard technic to master but is kinda easy believe me after it dry couse of the saliva u can scan it :p good luck

p.s btw sry about my bad grammar. oh n if u need anytip ask me i have 2 many ppl that like to draw n one of my friend's draw good he teach me allot so i'am learning remember this old technic can help even the best artist :P
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:03 pm

i know that way, its using photoshop so i can get the right style to do the original artist justice.

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 pm

hmmm with photoshop i only know 2 ppl. that know how to mess with that nicely one of then left Camden to
Florida so he not living here n the second one..is my sis...she learn thx to him so, u need 2 tell me the detail n i ask her or i check around n let u know.

p.s add me plz
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:08 pm

its the shading style in the Grim Tales comic. the only way i think i can do it is if i draw the shade lines out before hand and then put the shaded colors in. like from lightgreen to dark green be separated by a line before i put it into photoshop. but if thats how it needs to be done then i might have to start over.

Added after 4 minutes:

if you want i could send you my photoshop document so you can see where im at. im trying to make this comic based off the script i created as well on my page if youd like to read it.

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:28 pm

oh i see k got u i tell my sis wen she come back. n if she doesn't know i ask around one of my teacher that do comic's he know way more than anyone i know. if u can send it to me to see how it look. also have u try the other way like hand first?

p.s i just realize we b talking in this forums for a wile even tho it has nothing to do with the forum...so yea send me privet message that way we don't get in trouble they mite think we spamming... :shock:
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:09 pm

its too big to send through the mail

Postby Redx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 pm

lmao i now that's funny is ok tho
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 am

well, its uploaded now

Postby Redx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 pm

u got it now? cool
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 pm

feel free to tell me what ya think

Postby Redx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:18 pm

holy shit i didn't know wht that thing Da meant! i click on it n took me to ur drawing thing well, let me say something first of all the first drawing i check it was sonic!!!!! holy shit! nice :shock: i love ur work! since i'am a fan of sonic lol oh btw which..art did u do? i'am new at this stuff n don't much of snafu yet..-.-"

p.s nvm found it Angel n Demon's lol u put this guy the fat green from Halloween he look scare hahah nice i like the angel blue dude ( sry forgot his name ) n the clock guy from Dany phantom nice. :P n again i should first check the thing complety before posting shus i like the way u did it none color
then put some shade then color it wow man how long took u :shock:
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:33 pm

thsnks

Postby Redx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:42 pm

np but still the way u did it i can't believe it u show ur work from light, to dark then to color that wht i call showing hard work :shock: keep it up i wanna see more in the future i like it better in dark couse the way u did it took me by surprise Never Give Up Keep Going!
Fallen Knight...

Postby Chillymunster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:07 pm

well im working off that script i posted. i still have yet to post part 3, none the less parts 4-6. i researched everything on the characters he created so i can make a well developed sequel to his series. tomorrow morning im going on vacation but im bringinf along my notebook and script so i can come back with plenty of pieces. might even have 8 pages by the time i get back. maybe more if i dont get plane or car sick.

Added after 1 minutes:

the hardest part was shading with the brush line by line. i dont know how to do that special fading technique but hopefully i can implement it on the next pages.

Added after 3 hours 14 minutes:

YEA! i was at the book store today and looked at a photoshop book and now i can style the comic way better with this technique i came up with. might be common but i figured it out myself.

Postby Faust777 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:22 pm

what about you redx? Wheres your art?
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Art