Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby athdlg » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 am

Hello and thank you! Glad to be here.
Forever Noob

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 am

Blood Lord wrote:Bel, you're free to ignore any advise that is given to you. It's all given for your benefit to help with a issue you have brought up. Just remember that the next time you go off complaining that no one is giving you a chance.

Ok, let me rephrase it. The conversations about the rest of that post was stuff I was already working on improving or there's nothing I can do about it.

Tenshi Nova wrote:A better explanation. When you type how you speak, you're basically saying that others should adapt to you. When you type properly, conforming to rules such as grammar, it shows that you want others to take you seriously, and that you don't expect special treatment; you want to be seen as an equal.

I don't want anyone to conform to me. To each their own. I say "y'all" for the same reason people use "aren't", "they're", "can't" and other words like that. "Y'all" is "you all", nothing more.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:39 am

Everyone, stop talking about this and drop it, okay?

This topic's been beaten to death many times before, and it doesn't seem to do anything for either side of this other than clutter this thread. So let's drop it and move on. Do not bring this up again or continue this conversation here.
The Sentimental One

Postby athdlg » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:11 am

Would it be a waste of time to give ideas to the Idea Board if I'm not planning on being a GM? Only reason being is that I have a few ideas, although I know I wouldn't be a good GM. So if I give an idea and get someone else to be a GM, would that be okay?
Forever Noob

Postby Dorian » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am

probably a waste of time yes

i mean, you can try, but i don't see many people jumping at the chance to GM someone else's idea unless it's spectacularly good
Never asked for this

Postby Sentios » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:51 am

It would be different if you were collaborating with someone ahead of time to co-gm a RP but to just offer up an idea hoping someone else might take it up is unlikely as Dorian says.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Guardian » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Hiroko wrote:Everyone, stop talking about this and drop it, okay?

This topic's been beaten to death many times before, and it doesn't seem to do anything for either side of this other than clutter this thread. So let's drop it and move on. Do not bring this up again or continue this conversation here.

Reinforcing this. Warnings will be handed out next time, including to those with Blue names.

The entire point is to drop this and move on to better topics. It's the entire topic that is being discussed.

Now then, please resume normal discussions, and have a wonderful day.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi everyone ^.^. I would love to see more activity here, but i'm not sure i'm cut out to GM. I could give it a go, maybe even be that rare someone who adopts someone else's idea seeing as I have none myself.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:58 pm

athdlg wrote:Would it be a waste of time to give ideas to the Idea Board if I'm not planning on being a GM?

The Idea Board is usually in presentation of ideas to get approved. This thread (as the talk thread) has been used in the past for idea creation and development. Even finding people to help flesh things out.

I would say go for it, in here. There's no harm to it. Find someone to GM with though, like this guy!
:down:
Draken30000 wrote:Hi everyone ^.^. I would love to see more activity here, but i'm not sure i'm cut out to GM. I could give it a go, maybe even be that rare someone who adopts someone else's idea seeing as I have none myself.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

athdlg wrote:Would it be a waste of time to give ideas to the Idea Board if I'm not planning on being a GM? Only reason being is that I have a few ideas, although I know I wouldn't be a good GM. So if I give an idea and get someone else to be a GM, would that be okay?

Draken30000 wrote:Hi everyone ^.^. I would love to see more activity here, but i'm not sure i'm cut out to GM. I could give it a go, maybe even be that rare someone who adopts someone else's idea seeing as I have none myself.

Mind if I jump in and add to this idea?

EDIT: Also, my PM RP request is still up for anyone.

And could anybody who knows a lot about Fairy Tail PM me please? I have more ideas.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hiroko » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:45 am

So on the animation side of things, this is a thing I came across. It's, uh...rather dark, but it's really neat.
The Sentimental One

Postby Guardian » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Dark? We all know the ending, he talks with the boy, explains to him in a gentle manner the problem with spreading fears and lies. After having an adult conversation where the boy reaches an understanding of life and consequences, he thanks the teacher and they part ways. The teacher finding solace and peace once again, and the boy understanding what he did wrong and goes to correct what he can.

Read that while looking at my avatar, and you'll find the ending to be anything but happy.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 am

I gotta agree with BL here. He/She has the right idea of dark, despite the picture being from MLP. Then again, my avatar is a little girl covered in blood.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby athdlg » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:32 am

I liked the video. It wasn't as assumedly dark as I have seen others to be, but it has a taste of a creepy appeal that others may find very haunting depending on what they find to be dark. But it's really a matter of opinion on what keeps you up at night, I guess.
Forever Noob

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:58 am

Yo, BG07, you should check out Aldnoah.Zero

Its one of the new anime's, and so far only has three episodes, but its every bit as good as Knights of Sidonia.

Set in a parallel universe, where the Apollo 17 astronauts found a hypergate to Mars on the moon in 1979, a war between Martian colonists and the earth begins

Its being written by Gen Urobuchi, who is very well known for his darker themes. And after a quick google search, he's apparently also the one behind both Psycho Pass, and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, both anime's I enjoyed quite a lot.
Mephobiac

Postby Sentios » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Asmodai wrote:Yo, BG07, you should check out Aldnoah.Zero

Its one of the new anime's, and so far only has three episodes, but its every bit as good as Knights of Sidonia.

Set in a parallel universe, where the Apollo 17 astronauts found a hypergate to Mars on the moon in 1979, a war between Martian colonists and the earth begins

Its being written by Gen Urobuchi, who is very well known for his darker themes. And after a quick google search, he's apparently also the one behind both Psycho Pass, and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, both anime's I enjoyed quite a lot.

Or Urobutcher as some call him. Let the healing begin [/sarcasm]
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Cloud3514 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Asmodai wrote:Yo, BG07, you should check out Aldnoah.Zero

Is Urobuchi actually the writer? There are quite a few shows that's credited as a writer for, but only did minimal work on, Garagantia being one of them. His name is often thrown on things because he's popular, not because he did any real work on them.

I like the guy, but it's kinda annoying to see him credited for things he practically didn't actually work on.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 am

From Wikipedia:

Written by: Gen Urobuchi (original creator)
Katsuhiko Takayama (series composition)

Katsuhiko collaborated with Gen on Fate/Zero. Havent seen that one, so I cant tell if thats a good thing or not.
Mephobiac

Postby BG07 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Checked it out Asmo, it seems pretty cool so far. A little bit over the top with the powers of those robots, but still pretty cool stuff.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Jay wrote:And if you thought Kiddy Grade was bad... they somehow made the sequel worse.

Believe me I know full well, heh heh. I thought Kiddy Grade was bad for it's unlikeable OP main characters, generally bad writing, and the thoroughly questionable decision to change the look of the MCs three quarters of the way through.

Kiddy Girl And, so far as I know is worse for a completely different set of reasons. Needless to say I avoided it like the plague.

Postby Cloud3514 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 pm

I know Kiddy Grade was popular, so I'm not surprised it got a sequel. It's like being surprised that Sword Art Online got a second season (that, surprisingly, as of two episodes in, is already better than the first season... and I can still give you an overly long list of questions that prove that Reki Kawahara has no idea what world-building is).

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Because this is awesome...

Milk for the ugly
Mephobiac

Postby Cloud3514 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:27 pm

So I've seen three episodes of Sword Art Online II and it's already better than the first season... and it's still ridiculously flawed and the world building is still atrocious.

Also, the flashback to explain Shino's backstory was hysterical. I'm not even sure if the worst PSA in the world would portray a bank robber in such an over the top way.

Postby Mathias » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:53 am

Wow, no one had posted in this thread for three whole weeks. :( Is this place suffering so much?

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 am

That new-thread smell has worn off already, it seems.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing