Ranma 1/2 RP Signup

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Ranma 1/2 RP Signup

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 1:38 pm

Ok heres the Deal. People have been clamoring for this one So I'm Making it. I will not be responsible for plotline or anything of that sort, I will be there for a Character and For Policing the Thread and solving Disputes.

It's Ranma 1/2, Players choice of whether it starts after the Failed Wedding attempt or Before Ranma Arrives in Nerima. (Or somewhere/Anywhere in the middle. Seriously, You guys tell me where to start and if it's in the beginning or the middle, we can do an Alternate Universe thing.)

Just for My Own sake, I will be taking Ryouga as a Character.

For everyone elses sake, I will also be taking on Genma-Baka-Pandaman.

Here's the Sheet:

Name:
Age: (If a Canon Character, Try to get the Correct age. give or take 1-2 years as you wish.)
Description:
Gender: (XD, Nyannichuan/Nannichuan Victims Can put "Both")
Cursed Form: (if you have one. If you are a Canon, You have to have the CF from the series. EX: Ryouga will be Piglet Cursed, Ranma is Girlform Cursed, Xian Pu is Cat Cursed, Non-Cursed peoples are Uncursed, Unless someone brings Cursed water to town.... heh heh heh...)
Martial Arts Style/s: Serious Artistic License allowed here. If you're an original Character, Come up with the Most whacked out Martial Art that applies to your Characters Personality and Background. I'll list Canon Examples below.
---Weapons: )Whatever Weapons your character might carry that are used in his/her style. EX: Student of Anything goes Breifcase-Fu carries a Combat Breifcase. Ukyou, Student of the Anything Goes Okonomiyaki Martial Arts carries a giant Combat Spatula. Xian Pu carries Twin Bonbori(Colorful Chinese Maces) etc etc etc....
Background/Bio: (You guys know the drill.)

Ok, Go for it. Anything you can think of that I might need to add to this Character Sheet Go ahead and Add it and I'll edit it into the Main one here...

Martial Arts Styles: (Yes, these are all used in the series.) I'll try to add practitioners in order of Ability, Best to Worst...
Anything Goes / Musabetsu-Kakuto-Ryuu (Used by Ranma, Happosai, Genma, Soun, and Akane)
Anything Goes Okonomiyaki (Ukyou)
Anything Goes Rythmic Gymnastics (Kodachi)
Kendo (Kuno, Ok so he was the only one using a traditional japanese style.)
Amazonian Wuxia/Wu Shu (Khu Lon, Xian Pu, Mousse)
Anything Goes Traditional Tea Ceremony (I dunno, But the Master of the school put a TEA BAG through a concrete wall...)
Anything Goes Cheerleading (Marin)
Anything Goes Take-Out Delivery (Daijkoku Kaori)
Hibiki Style Martial Arts (Ryouga)

That's all I can think of right now. These are only Examples anyway. I left off the Martial Arts at the End of all of those, since that should be obvious.
Last edited by Hasegawa Rayven on Mon May 23, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Re: Ranma 1/2 RP Signup

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 2:03 pm

Name: "Cat" Hunso
Description: See Avitar for hair and eyes. He wears t-shirts and jeans. He also has a tatoo on his back in the shape of a dragon. ((If needed, I will add more.))
Cursed Form: Panther
Bio: He is very flexible and has been for as long as he can remember. He studied at a nearby Dojo and was taught the panther style of fighting. He was a natural thanks to his natural flexabilaty. He soon was cursed after he was drenched by some guy who had cursed water on him. The man had tripped on his own feet.Sense then he turns into a panther whenever he is tuched by cold water. After his training in the Dojo was compleate, he went on an adventure to gain true expeariance.
Martial Arts Style/s: Panther style! movements require alot of flexblity, and many moves have panther in the name.
---Weapons: Steel claws on his forarms. They can extend or retract, depending on what moves you are about to do.
Last edited by Nebacanezzar on Mon May 23, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 2:05 pm

My something is going to be butchered senses are tingling (they are going to kill Girlform Curse)

Postby Loud mouth » Mon May 23, 2005 2:07 pm

Name: Genra Hajiki

Description:He wears a bracer on both arms, he wears a red T shirt, black pants, and steel toed boots, his hair is red and his eyes are a flat blue

Curse: none

Martail art: Anything goes Wepons Mastery, he can use any nearby object as an effective weapon.

Weapon: anything near by chopsticks, a table, a sign post.... you name it.

Bio: he is a your basic run of the mill excentric, he often thinks outloud, is generally creepy, and likes mess with people, this can be atributited to his father who raised him and taught him how to fight, and his mother who tended to have a dimestore psychology degree and use it often.
Last edited by Loud mouth on Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox live gamer tag: Loudmoth

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 2:17 pm

You need to put all the sections I mentioned on your sheet. Even it your answer for one is "None"

Oh yeah..."Bio:" Knew I forgot something....A-hyuck.

(OH hell...I'm starting to sound like Shebum now...NUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!)

Added after 2 minutes:

Minamoto Yoshitsune wrote:Name: "Cat" Hunso
Description: Spikey black hair and has blue eyes. He wears t-shirts and jeans. He also has a tatoo on his back in the shape of a dragon. ((If needed, I will add more.))
Cursed Form: Panther
Martial Arts Style/s: Panther style! movements require alot of flexblity, and many moves have panther in the name.
---Weapons: Steel claws on his forarms. They can extend or retract, depending on what moves you are about to do.

If you're going to be part of the Ranma RP, you might want to lower his age some.

Ranma himself is only about 18-19 near the end of the series. And most of his rivals are between 16-21...

Hmmm that reminds me... Kasumi is 21 at the end of the series...Hmmmm.....XD

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 2:20 pm

Edited
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Loud mouth » Mon May 23, 2005 2:26 pm

Edited

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 2:28 pm

Name: Justin Heidanki

Description: An average, athletic slim boy. He has wavy, light brown hair that falls down to his shoulders, barely touching them. He casually wears black t-shirts that are never tucked into his beige, pocket-less pants. He wears North American brand skate shoes and a dark blue base-ball cap, pointed up to further his vision. Wears clothes that derived from his parents Anglophile- lifestyle.

Cursed Form: Girl form

Martial Arts Style/s: Anything Goes Baseball Style. He carries around a seemingly regular wooden bat that forms perfectly with his style and trade. His style consists of utilising a blunt weapon with one side heavier than the other in the most efficient matter.

---Weapons: A regular american baseball bat.

Bio: Justin's parents loved to travel. Before they had Justin they had already traveled much of the most western parts of the world, and were most facinated with England. When they had him, they gave him an english name due to that same addiction. They later on had him travel with them.

Then there was a very unfortunate event that came with the visit to China, as the plane has crashed very short of the airport. The few passangers that had survived with Justin had broken limbs or soon died afterwards, only Justin and one other boy lived through the entire crash. Justin had ran from the crash in an emotional fit, and left most of the people to perish.

After many hours of walking he came to the Cursed Jusenkyo springs, and decided to try his hands at training there. The man dearly refused to let him train, but happily let him stay at his small hut for a while. Of course, you get bored with nothing to do all day but think, and the tourists coming in were very low due to the rumored crash landing of the plane. When Justin asked if he could take a look around the man warned him over and over again to stay as far away from the springs as possible, things about curses and such. Justin was a foolish boy, he didn't believe in curses. He walked about the area, looking into the pool and walking around them on those thin stretches of land that seperated them when the man slept. He made one false step and slipped straight into the pool. He woke up on the ground nearby with the man telling him about how he told Justin to stay away from the pools, and then he told Justin, to his horror, about what he was now cursed with. Justin, now more downcast then ever, finally decided to set back home with the money he had left. He thnaked the old man and walked down the dreary road.

The RP will begin with him reaching home, and he left many months before Ranma showed up, it took him a long time to get home.

What a coincidence! I added a Bio before that post of yours anyway XP
Last edited by Shockro on Mon May 23, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 2:43 pm

Just to Give some basic knowledge on the cursed training Grounds of Jusenkyou.

1: To be Cursed, You must Either A: fall into one of the 100 Cursed Springs. B: Be splashed with Water From a Cursed Spring.

2: The Jusenkyou Guide lives there in the Hut for a reason. He is there to Warn people away from the springs. Of course, those taht are destined to be cursed, cannot be stopped at any cost, Coincidences will combine to ensure the victim get's cursed. But the Jusenkyou guide will do all he can to try and warn a customer.

3: Once you are cursed It is Permanent. There is no "Curing" your curse by getting in the Drowned Boy/girl Spring after you get cursed, you'll just have the effects of Two curses instead of one. You can lock it with the Locking Ladle, and Unlock that with the releasing Kettle, or you can have it sealed, but all of these have side effects.

Locking Ladle: Locks you in CURSED form.
Releasing Kettle: Frees you from being Locked in Cursed form, but releases the Curse back to normal as well.
Sealed: Same as Locking Ladle, only temporarily.

4: Those cursed by Jusenkyou are turned into Water Magnets. It is a Guarantee that you WILL be hit with Cold water to change you at the Worst possible moment for it to happen. not to mention that you will be at the mercy of the gods (IE, Your GM, Me....XD :devil:) to be changed whenever they feel like getting a laugh out of you. This works both ways, and if We decide to Change you from cursed form back to normal at the wrong moment, It's going to happen. You can dodge the water, come up with ways to avoid getting changed, but we will find a way to change you. XD

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 2:45 pm

I like the sound of the fourth rule.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 2:45 pm

I edited my character. =3

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 2:51 pm

Anou, Don't be surprised if I change your Cursed form. XD It is supposed to be a Random thing.

Shockro, your martial arts style would make more sense in the ranmaverse as "Anything Goes Baseball Martial Arts" Otherwise Your character is good.

You've been reading Couch Trips haven't ya? XD

Loud Mouth, Your character is on Probation. I'll let you start with it, but I'll be keeping an eye on you.

As a weapons style User specifically, You will Obviously be limited to having to have some type of weapon to be fighting and your hand to hand skills will have suffered.

If I let you have good Weapons use, and good hand to hand with that style, you would basically be using Just Regular Anything goes MA. Hence my restrictions.

MinYo, yours looks good.
Last edited by Hasegawa Rayven on Mon May 23, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 2:54 pm

YAY! *Does victory dance* Does that mean I can give my two cents on characters?

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 2:55 pm

Alright, you are right. I switched it around. Man, I really went out on a limb for this bio. Anyway, I don't know what Couch Trips is.

Postby Loud mouth » Mon May 23, 2005 2:55 pm

Thanks.

Postby Relick » Mon May 23, 2005 5:03 pm

Name: Tsuki Odoriko
Description: Tsuki has a petite build, long black hair, and a nice smile. She tends to wear traditional robes for Kabuki dancing and will wear the makeup as well as battle paint when preparing for a fight. http://www.coara.or.jp/~suyama/k-citize ... buki-1.JPG
Cursed Form: boy
Martial Arts Style/s: Anything Goes Kabuki Theater
---Weapons: Two ornate fans (she's strong, so the fans become sharp with speed)
Background/Bio: Throughout the generations, Tsuki's family have been well known Kabuki dancers. But it is forbidden to allow women train in the art, so Tsuki was shunned from the family activities. Wanting to prove that she could learn balance and grace as well as any man in her family, she travelled to Jyuusenkyo. Ignoring the advice of the tour guide, Tsuki attempted to dance over one of the cursed springs. Unfortuantely, her journey of the arts was cut short when she lost her balance and fell into the water below. when se emerged, Tsuki found herself to be a boy! After the initial shock of her gender swap, she became delighted because now she could become a legitimate Kabuki dancer. But her mind is still that of a woman's, so what will happen if she fell in love?

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 5:04 pm

I like it. *Stamps Relick with his co-GM aproval stamp on the forhead*

Postby Deena » Mon May 23, 2005 5:23 pm

Before I post a character, are we going to play the actual characters from Ranma, or is it going to be an entirely new cast? It's starting to look like the latter to me. ^_^

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 5:24 pm

Both, I think.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Both is correct Shockro. BTW Shockro, Right now, You have the Least Story Reliant Curse, SO I am Changing it.

You get thrown to the Fates of your fellow RPers.

Idea TIme! GIve Ideas For Shockro's New Cursed Form!

Postby Shockro » Mon May 23, 2005 6:27 pm

.....but that is the only curse I can have fun with. *hates being animals* I can change the story so that it will be more reliant than others, then you will see!

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 6:35 pm

How about a sparrow?

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon May 23, 2005 6:39 pm

Nah, No birds. Something Really Wacky.

Strange MultiDimensional things like Spring of Drowned Space Alien or Spring of Drowned hulk would Work as well.

Shockro, You don't get a say in your new Cursed form. This is because I invoked my Powers of Head GM.

Ah yes, and I editted my post in Ideas to give you the Crediot you deserve. XD

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon May 23, 2005 6:42 pm

Ok, how about... a slug? no... Damn, my focus is all krocus.

Postby Jay » Mon May 23, 2005 7:27 pm

((Spring of the Drowned Dave's mom))

Name: Anna "Persimmon" Otaru

Description:A short girl that holds herself in a sinister looking way, quite small, possibly only about 4' - 4' 5" Her hair colour is a ever changing from day by day, following a firey colour scheme, of course, each strand of hair usually wears it's own distinct colour. Her hair style is quite violent, with two pig tails that split off from each other randomly, her bangs reach over her eyes in the same violent fashion. She usually wears blue shirt, long sleeved and a pair of black pants. Over this is a black leather trenchcoat that ALMOST touches the ground. Also, she wears a tie that's slightly over sized, despite how much older she acts, she fails to not look adorable.

Cursed Form: A black Fruit Bat, a large one in fact.

Martial Arts Style/s: Anything goes Fruity Earlobe
Though the use of fruits, Persimmon utilizes the extremely hard to get nerve point in the earlobe, by hitting it, it causes the person to become... "fruity". Basically, the person becomes weak at the knees, their fingers grow numb to the point that the person can't clench their fists and also, the person's voice becomes much higher pitched. The effect lasts various amounts of time. She also goes for a few other nerve points, most notably the one in the shoulder, stopping movement. Her favourite way to finish off an opponent is using a no-shadow Persimmon, her Coup de Grace, where she grabs a persimmon, using her extremely powerful "Persimmon Pitch (TM)", she sacks the enemy.
---Weapons: Seemingly, Persimmon always carries around with her uncountable amounts of fruits in the various pockets of her trenchcoat. Her coat has SO many pockets, giving her an arsenal of different fruits. The most plentiful of these are, of course, persimmons.

Background/Bio: Taking a liking to fruits since a very young age, she always brings about with her a gigantic bag of fruits. Her favourite fruit, giving her a change in names (Originally Anna), she little uses her normal name except for formal things and places. When introducing herself, she calls herself by Persimmon. So much in fact, that she has become "Persimmon". Now, unlike most people, Persimmon has always liked wild persimmons, very, very sour. Of course, this may be due to her personality, which too is very sour for the most part. The one day she accidentally she fell into the spring of the drowned fruit bat, she strolled into where it was kept, carelessly eating away at a fruit, she slipped on a (her's) banana peel, slipping right into the spring. She doesn't find her form that unfortunate in all truth, she certainly loves flying into classes and making the more preppy girls scream for their lives.
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Next

Return to Role Playing