Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 am

Similar boat to Scrambles, I swear i'm working on this CS. Maybe I should offer the chance to shank me if I dont do it soon, that got me moving in another thread...

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 pm

I like to think that was my doing, Draco. And I do still have the glove...

@Gouda: Been here. Wandering from thread to thread, spreading through the RPs with my INT and hard-earned XP.

And it has been some time, so I guess it could be my way of welcoming you back to the RPs. Might just give you a free shank if I give one to the talking salamander over here.
Demon of Elru

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

First time I have been called a talking salamander (assuming you are talking to me). Not sure how to feel about it XD

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm

You could make your character a salamander. That'd be funny.

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am

You shall grow to love it, you strawberry colored gecko. In fact, you will one day change your name to Salamander. And why wouldn't you enjoy this blessing I've placed upon you? Much more original than Draken30000.

You know you want to~
Demon of Elru

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Oh dear lord...the temptation....XD

Postby Scrambles » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Peer pressure~

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 pm

......can i get some more details about Salamanders? Typical height? Are they humanoid sans the lizard features? (more of a double check really). Can their moral alignment be whatever? Anything other than what was written for them that I should know about the race?

Postby tonightscake » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm

How long ago did King Diamond of Unterland die?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

Has been 4 years.

Salamanders, like all fairies, tend to be within 1-3 feet tall, they are humanoid, but with a tail and claws like a dragon or lizards. They breathe fire, can turn into a Salamander creature for an hour. They also have tan skin, and usually red eyes.

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Got it....oh boy XD

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Name: Ignatius (Ig for short)
Race: Salamander

Appearance: Ignatius is a three foot tall Salamander. He has tan skin with a lean, strong build. Towards the tips of his fingers, his digits suddenly taper off into wicked brown talons, sharp enough to rend through unprotected skin. There is slight red scaling at the base of his claws, and these scales are further represented in the long, thin tail that protrudes from the base of his spine. He has a slightly boyish face, which often causes him to be mistaken for a younger creature. He has bright red eyes, and a mop of deep red hair on his head. Due to his profession, Ignatius is most often seen in his light-weight, greenish, leather armor. (Something like this but on a 3 foot tall Salamander - Here.)

Job: Monster Hunter

Magic: Fire, naturally.

Weapon: A pair of ornate, stylized hunting knives. (Something like the bottom one.) A long, thin sword that he keeps in a sheath on his back. (Again something like this.) Packs and pouches full of the necessary components to create a wide variety of traps

History: (I'm hoping I get this canon right, I do not know a whole lot about this world despite reading the first post several times. If anything doesn't fit let me know.) Ignatius was born to a Salamander village in Nefarland. He had a simple upbringing with kind parents who often scolded him for his love of wandering. He was taught right from wrong, he liked to joke and play games, had several close friends, and led a generally happy existence. This all changed one day, on the day of his (equivalent) seventeenth birtyday. A shadow descended upon his village, crushing and burning everything in its path. A wandering dragon tore through Ignatius' home, spreading death and destruction. His entire family was killed, and his friends lay dead or were scattered in their escape. Ignatius barely made it out with his life, and the event put purpose in his heart. Substituting grief with determination, he devoted the rest of his life to becoming a Monster Hunter, to help those who were being terrorized by evil creatures. He traveled from village to town to city, learning the tricks of the trade from various senior Monster Hunters, eventually reaching a very high level of hunting, despite his young age. He still hopes to one day find and slay the dragon that destroyed his village, but due to the elusive nature of most dragons he does not consider the matter too urgent. Now he wanders the continents of Atyme, helping those who need to deal with monsters.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:24 pm

That works very well. I like. Accepted.

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Wooooo bout time i did this XD. Will post ASAP.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 pm

No problems, take your time.

Postby Iris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Took a while but it's finally complete.

Name: Ranor (Formerly Bronwë)
Race: Zombie (formerly Forest Elf)
Appearance: Clad in the vestiges of the life he once led, Ranor wears a traditional pathfinder's garb which consists of mixture of leather and cloth armours. The dark green cloak and hood that once was pristine now has become faded and worn, it's edges tattered and the jade colored leaf clasp now rusted. A scarf covers the lower half of his face allowing him to move through communities without too much commotion until they get too close or they remove his hood.
Much of his clothing is in a similar state of decay, from his brown tunic to his boots, one can observe various holes and self repaired seams.

Under these layers of clothing is a dry husk, Ranor's body is thin and hollow, his once fair skin has has become leathery and grey, once long blonde hair now faint and muted.
Ranor's face is gaunt and his eye socket's lie forever half open.

Job: Adventurer / Monster Hunter
Magic: Primarily uses Wood magic.
Weapon: Elvish Long bow: Made from blackened Yew, it still retains it's strength even after his death. Created from a branch off his forefather's tree. The quiver is tied to his belt rather than his back, allowing the cloak to hide it away.
Elvish short sword: A curved blade with an extended grip.

History: Bronwë was born in the forest of Yuëldin, a pathfider of the House Illinaar, tasked with the duty of patrolling the boarder and guiding those who became lost. He died an honorable death while protecting a caravan from raiders, he was unmarried, leaving only his brothers and sister an example of a pathfinder's honor. Buried with pride under his forefather's tree, that was meant to be the end of this tale.

Alas one hundred and eight-teen years later, Bronwë and select few others were awoken by cabal of necromancers, he felt no warmth of sunlight upon his thin hands nor the wind in his hair, with his soul tethered to world of the living he could see his once lush home corrupted by dark magics, many of his kinsmen both past and present now shambled before him, many mindlessly consuming those who had tried to defend their homes while others merely stood by uncaring to the panicked cries for help.
The forest had been twisted by the cabal's might, trees that once were tied to the greatest of houses now weeped, the soil seemed to have been upturned by the writhing of their roots. The pride of Illinaar now lay scatter and crushed.

In silence they moved through the ranks of the undead to the focal point of the dark magic, finding only the remnents of the cabal remaining. These necromancer's were careless and inept it seemed, they had summoned too many without enforcing their will upon them and now with cold fury they would be slain. In a volly of arrows their lives were ended but the undead still shambled mindless through the trees.
Yuëldin was in ruins and there was no hope returning their kin to nature's embrace peacefully, Brownë and the remaining free-willed undead tasked themselves with regaining the honor of House Illinaar by mercy killing their own, from farmers to kings long past each was put to the blade and burnt along with the centuries old forest.

With their former lives now burnt away, the remaining shadow's of House Illinaar branded themselves as 'Kinslayers' in memory of the grisly work that had to be done. The title would forever remind them of their goal in hopes they do not lose their remaining honor and sanity. Taking up the name Ranor, it was decided that they would hunt down the remaining members of the Cabal.
For ten years they have been committed to their hunt, over time some succumbed to their curse and had to be cleansed. Over the course of those years their number so few now that each hunts alone but each still holds the hope that they may yet succeed and gain retribution.

Postby Archrival » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 pm

And yet again Iris creates a unique and interesting character.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Accepted also.

Postby Scrambles » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm

I sort of missed the latest post with Dorothy when I made my post. Can probably just have Alejandro land in another part of the city.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Oh it's alright. Just continue how you feel necessary.

Postby Iris » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 pm

I'll have a post up in a day or so, been busy with some things so I've yet to have the time to write something up.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:25 pm

K. I understand, what with school starting again and such. That's been my main problem.

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I should have a post up this weekend. Work has been kind of hectic with year end and everything.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 pm

*Sighs contendedly* I finally have a computer again. So much has been reopened to me. Now my posts will be much better than having to take a week to write it, another week to critique, and then post. Ill working on my post after class tonight.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Glad to hear you got your computer back.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing