Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Finally finished this CS:

Name: Zach Taylor

Race: Human

Appearance: Zach stands an above average 6 feet tall, with messy dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wears a black fedora with a long sleeved button down tan shirt and black slacks. Dark brown boots and a long brown trench coat with a large brown bad and a quiver of arrows and a bow on his back complete his attire. In his bag are a few previsions and a few personal items, nothing special.

Job: Mercenary/Thief/Bodyguard/Odd Job/Monster Hunter

Magic: Wind

Weapon: Bow and Arrows, along with a small dagger for close quarters combat.

History: The only past that matters to Zach is his tales of resounding heroism in the face of danger, the thrill of a large score or an even larger job. He regales anyone who will listen about the horrible monsters he’s slain, the rich benefactors he’s protected, and the even richer ones he’s robbed blind. Just as quickly as he gets into one place, he’s gone the next. Not one for staying long anywhere, it’s weird to imagine he admits he didn’t start traveling until about 7 years ago. When pressed on this information however, he tends to just ignore whoever is asking about it.

One thing’s for certain though, Zach’s been to most of the continents and tried many odd jobs along the way. This experience has given him quite a bit of skills. It’s not like he’s a master at anything, more like a jack of all trades. One of these skills is an above average skill range in magic, primarily wind, that he’s seemed to acquire over his travels.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:46 pm

And, accepted. Alright, those ready to start say I... All opposed?

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm ready to start whenever.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Cerulean » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:23 am

I'm also ready to start whenever c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:57 am

Im good to start.

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:06 am

CS:
Name: Ceto Nix
Race: Undine
Appearance:
+++ Height: 1"8
Job: Adventurer/Treasure Hunter/Mage/Guide/Odd Jobs

Magic:
Water (Some Healing ability - can Heal most Non-Fatal Wounds and can Slow Bleeding)
Weaponry:
Skilled with Short-Bladed Weapons and generally carries an assortment of knives on her. She also has a sharp blade attachment that also doubles as a hook on the end of her tail. It is mainly used for combat and latching onto things.

History:
Ceto comes from an oceanic tribe of Undine fairies that live near a small, secluded group of islands barely big enough to support vegetation. The tribe relied mostly on sea creatures, as the closest continent to them was Nefarland and preferred as little contact with other races as possible. This tribe of Undine in particular wanted no part in the wars that were currently plaguing the continents, and is the reason for them locating themselves so far away from habitable land as well as out of the way of pirates. Ceto is the third daughter and fourth child of six of the tribe’s Chieftain and his wife.

From a young age Ceto proved to be lively and adventurous. As clever as she was, her unbridled curiosity would get her into trouble often. Even though she was good at getting herself out of situations without it causing too much damage to the tribe, most saw her as a liability and a burden. Ceto longed to see the outside world that most of her elders would warn her against, but Ceto could sense how unsettled much of the tribe was with her. At the age of 16, she set out on her own to explore the world that was so mysterious to her. With Nefarland being the closest, it was her first destination.

For Ceto, Nefarland was both frightening and exciting. Not that the constant threat of being attacked by larger beings wasn’t something she was accustomed to, since her tribe frequently engaged in hiding and stealth tactics to avoid and take down larger prey, but most of the creatures there were, generally, smarter than the average preying fish. Still, Ceto learned quickly, keeping more to streams than the ocean, as the ocean and shores were abundant with pirates. It was here that she took up thievery as a means of survival and learned important survival tactics for on land. She also found her attraction to treasures and items of value at Nefarland. Although she preferred to discover hidden vast riches than take it for herself, she took a devilish job of guiding pirates and unsavory folk to their deaths in the search of treasure and ransacking what spoils she could from their misfortune. It wasn't that she took much pleasure in the job, she chose carefully her victims to be sinister and all together evil lots, but it was also one of the few things she could do just to get by on the unforgiving continent.

She eventually journeyed to the other continents where she learned to hone her magic abilities, mainly water. Most of her healing magic she had learned from a very young age as it was essential in the environment she grew up in. She continued to search for riches, but she preferred to take up odd jobs when she could instead of leading people to their deaths. She had earned a reputation as a Siren in Nefarland and preferred to leave that part of her life behind her. She spent many of her years just traveling the continents and learning about each and everyone of them.

Currently, Ceto has her sights set on Ahz, the only continent she has yet to reach. The incentive of untold adventure, riches, and knowledge was just too much for her to pass up.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:13 am

Ceto is accepted. I'm working on the first post now, and probably throughout the day.

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Is there some kind of list of spells that can be known? Or is it at our discretion?

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Spells are, complicated. There is a list of definite spells everyone can learn, like "The Yellow Brick Road" a spell that creates a yellow light on the ground, leading to your wanted destination.

But, there are other spells that people can use and make themselves, though, it is usually limited to Witches, Wizards, and sorcerer/esses. I can make a list for those of you wondering.

Also, IC is up!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55930

It's a little shorter than I wanted, but I am limited to Phone posts, so most posts take all day. I also left it open for everyone to start there own story out near Boq.

Postby Cerulean » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Did you already have an idea for how beast taming works? Or is it fine if I make up the process myself? I started thinking about how beast taming could work, but then realized that you probably already had an idea as to how it worked. As for my idea, it really just involved using speed to disorient the beast, which would either cause the beast to become so confused that it inflicted damage upon itself, or cause the beast to become enraged, at which point the person would have to weaken the beast more by fighting it.

Also, for the "Yellow Brick Road" Spell, is it one that activates when you say some type of incantation like, let's say "Oh we're off to see the [insert location here]"?

And last question (s), are fragons and/or red caps common? Just wanted to make sure.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Is the 'Yellow Brick Road' visible to others? Or just the user?
Having numerous paths tangled together seems inefficient.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Fragons=uncommon, but not rare. Red Caps=Common.

Beast taming is done after weakening, or sneaking up on an unsuspecting monster, and using a Tamer Stone, which is simply a stone that a Tamer focuses a monsters attention through it, after its been weakened substantially, or very dazed, or confused. The tamer stone is given a simple spell that is handed down between tamers, so to draw attention to them. Whoever has the stone, the creature is subservient to.

Yellow Brick Road is only visible to the user, and those whom they choose to allow see. The Yellow Brick Road is simple to activate, just say "We're off to see..." The ... Being the place. (Hahaha literature jokes.)

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Finally managed to post. I hope I didn't disappoint you QuickSilver. Rather than a inn keeper, you get Zach. I hope you're not too upset.
The Master of Cheese

Postby QuickSilver » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 am

Cheesemore wrote:Finally managed to post. I hope I didn't disappoint you QuickSilver. Rather than a inn keeper, you get Zach. I hope you're not too upset.

Any interaction is good interaction!
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Cerulean » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Finally posted, hope that it's ok
BradaoOfCartha wrote:The Yellow Brick Road is simple to activate, just say "We're off to see..." The ... Being the place. (Hahaha literature jokes.)

This made me immensely happy and extremely excited for the rest of the spells c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:55 am

Still need to finish reading everything, but this interests me some.

And it has been a while since I got to...cut the Cheese.
Demon of Elru

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:27 am

Well, I'm glad how the posts have come out. I'll wait till probably late tomorrow to post. Also, Happy New Year everybody.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Archrival » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 am

Forgive me if I got some Unterland details wrong, but I was playing off the traditional variation of Alice in Wonderland.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:54 am

Very well done on the Alice. It was fun reading it. And Unterland pretty much is that from the books of wonderland. Now that we've had some time, and a few posts, I shall wait...5 hours, and then post the next bit.

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Ro Wong wrote:Still need to finish reading everything, but this interests me some.

And it has been a while since I got to...cut the Cheese.

Ro, I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?

And why do I feel like I won't like what you have in mind with that comment?
The Master of Cheese

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 pm

It does smell funny. Haha.

Also, I wrote the post so that others could post around it. Your own reactions and such. Have fun.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Was that what you meant by using the stone? I wasn't sure what the spell you mentioned before was, so I found something else to fill its space temporarily.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Nice job. That is fine also.

Postby Scrambles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Im working on my post I swear. I recently moved so things are hectic to say the least.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:46 pm

It's alright scrambles. Take your time.

Umm... I think Emily was speaking to Zach, at the inn.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing