Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:47 am

I'm doing a play this weekend and I have some work to do as well, so my CS will probably come around Monday. Sorry.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby tonightscake » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm really cut at a cross between a wolf Victian and an angel. Decisions, decisions...
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:36 pm

No problem everyone. I'm frozen in here, so probably won't have much to do til Monday.

Postby tonightscake » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:09 pm

What's the geography of the land nations? Specifically, is there any region that snows a lot?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 am

Alot of Snow would be Grimoire, especially the northern regions, where the ice queen lives.

In fact, I'll probably draw up the map tomorrow and post through my Deviantart. It'll be taken via phone however due to computer issues.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Cerulean » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Is it too early to ask what type of monsters/beasts will be available? I think that I should have my CS completed before the end of this week, and was just curious (since she'll probably be a beast tamer).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Is there any possibility of air ships? Possibly powered by magic of some sort?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm

*snaps up at the mentioning of airships

What? could we go all Jerle Shannara on this? Oh that would be cool.

This is one of those RPs that I would love to be a part of, but I feel if I do, everything I'm doing right now will break apart. So, save a spot for me, please, and I'll see how busy I become.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I wonder if there are Chocobos... :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for the okay on sky pirates

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

How old would an adult Draken be?

Postby tonightscake » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Age length of Victians?

There are balloons so blimps and zeppelins could be there too. Without 'em it would be impossible for most to get to Ahz.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Also, once a Draken becomes a dragon and somehow manages to change back, is he/she stuck in their humanoid form or could they eventually change again? Is there a limit to their ability to change back and forth? I'm not trying to create a Draken that can change back and forth at will, I just want to the change to have happened in his past, and the potential for him to be pushed to that point again at some point in the RP.

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Does the Undine fairy race look more aquatic or fairy like? I am curious whether they have things like webbed hands, gills, fish tails, etc.?
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

IM SO FUCKING HIGH RIGHT NOW

Postby Cerulean » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Just gonna go ahead and post this. Been nitpicking with it all week.

CS:
Name: Liviana Grace
Race:Cait
Job:Student/Odd Job/Adventurer/Beast Tamer
Magic: Wind
Weapon: Her claws

Appearance: Liviana stands tall at two feet even. Amongst her five older siblings, she's the shortest. Thanks to all the roughhousing and chores, Liv has had no trouble remaining fit and in shape. She is nimble and slender. Liv prefers wearing dark tank tops paired with black cargo shorts. The shorts have a hole in the back for her tail, while her tanks have long vertical slits for her translucent wings. Footwear of choice is usually sandals. Her skin is the color of caramel, but her ears and tail look as if they'd been dipped in a vat of milk chocolate. Her nose is slightly pink and her eyes are an earthy shade of brown. Preferring the practicality of short hairstyles, Liv usually keeps her dark chocolate hair styled in the form of a pixie cut. Fortunately for her, her parents did not believe in the archaic act of declawing young Caits. So she, and her brothers, still have them. They particularly come in handy when she needs to claw her way out of a sticky situation.

History: Liviana was born into the Grace family unit as the sole female Cait of her litter. She's the youngest (of six), but by no means the weakest. After a series of events, Liv became the successor to the family's beast taming business. Their business began to fall on hard times approximately 14 years ago, when the Witch made her claim to their area. For their business, capturing and taming beasts was its lifeblood. So, naturally, it began to fall into shambles once the Witches began changing the difficulty level of the all the beasts in their area. This move combined with the tax hike, was like a two hit KO for their business. It took too much time to capture beasts that would have become pets, and their villagers didn't have the money to pay for them. Eventually, the Grace family was forced to go after the more difficult/rare beasts for exportation. Their hope lying on the possibility that the other towns hadn't fared as badly as their town. For the eldest, this meant that he would have to undergo training fit for both an adventurer and a beast tamer. The training was completed alongside their daily chores, due to their father's logic: "If you can't handle it alone, how will you run your own business one day". Still, taking care of everything was a lot of work. It was for this reason that Liv and her brothers decided to help him. The faster the chores were completed, the better. It helped form a special bond between them. One that Liv thought made them inseparable. However, as the years went by, each successor left home. She wasn't sure of the exact reason, only that it had to do with some discovery that was made during the latter part of their training. With each sibling that left, the chores steadily increased for those that remained. Upon hearing the youngest of her elder brothers proclaim that he was moving out of their modest home, Liv was rendered speechless. She'd always loved putting in a hard day's work for the family, and even picked up odd jobs every now and then to help ends meet. However, now she would have to do these tasks, not because she wanted to do them, but because she had to do them. Now the future of her family's business lie squarely on her shoulders, and to be honest, she wasn't sure how she felt about that. Now, with her last sibling gone, she'd be responsible for all of the duties that her youngest eldest brother forfeited, and she would be in this alone.

All this on top of the odd jobs that she would most likely be forced to complete since she would be in training for a few months (training brings in zero income). At least she'd still be able to enjoy the freedom of one particular odd job. Safekeeping. The amount of money people will pay to keep their unmentionables, unmentioned (and untaxed). It was no skin off her back if they spent the majority of their savings keeping their precious items safe. The only thing that mattered to her was that they made their payments on time, and usually her claws were good enough incentive for most of her customers to have perfect attendance. Liv didn't mind that it was a somewhat dark position, the money was enough reason for her to stay there. That, and the adrenaline rush from the agreements that went south.

At least becoming a successor to their beast taming business would have one perk. It'd give her the chance to explore lands that she'd never explored before. She'd never had much reason (or chance) to explore the lands outside of their small town, so she tried not to dwell on what the rest of the world could look like. She tried to keep herself content with the imagery present in books from their elders. However, having been born with a healthy dose of curiosity, she would be lying to herself if she didn't admit that she'd always wanted to see what the world looked like outside of their small town, first hand. Being able to run at full speed in new cities and towns sounded almost as exciting as Safekeeping, if not more. Still, it was something that came at a cost. Gaining access to the world she always wanted to see versus losing the freedom that she hoped she'd always have weighed heavily on her mind. Unfortunately for Liviana, she really didn't have a choice in the matter.

Her story will begin near the end of her training period. It was finally time to put this training to the test.
Last edited by Cerulean on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Should've had a CS out by now. Just can't figure out a good name for a bandit group that uses poison in the arctic. Really annoying how stumped I am.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:19 am

Sorry about the wait guys, my phone internet has been on the Fritz. Now to answer questions.

There are a multitude of creatures in Atyme, including Drakes (small dragons), red caps (small bestial goblins), and Fragons (Frog Dragons with Wings). They're are also feral animals (or non speaking animals) and mindless undead. They're are a lot. Just ask about a monster you may have seen in a Game or book or what not, and I'll tell you. Oh, and boggarts. Most will hate them.

Zepplins and balloons are the airships of this world.

Chocobos, not exactly. Different animal basically. Mostly a golem made to be one.

Victians, have an average life span of 120

Drakens that manage to turn back can turn again, but it becomes impossible to return to a human... As far as anyone knows.

Liv, the Cait is accepted

Undine are aquatic in appearance, having fish like fin ears, and blue skin.

Adult Draken would be...200-800. 1000 is old. 2000 is the oldest known. However, as a dragon, they've been known to live for 10,000 years.

Sorry for the delay guys. Alot happened this last week. Got sick, nearly got killed, work schedule got moved around.
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Nearly what now? You alright mate? o.O

Thank you for answering my questions, I will get to that CS ASAP. I have another question; are there any cases of a Draken that has become a dragon retaining their mind? This one is just out of curiosity.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Only one. He died shortly after, covered in liquid gold while trying to satiate his greed.

Also, yeah, I'm okay now. Had a bruise on my neck for a day or two, but the guy is no longer a part of our family.

Postby Archrival » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:43 pm

BradaoOfCartha wrote:Only one. He died shortly after, covered in liquid gold while trying to satiate his greed.

Also, yeah, I'm okay now. Had a bruise on my neck for a day or two, but the guy is no longer a part of our family.

Smaug is that you?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Ha ha ha. No spoilers. Lol. But seriously, yes. He did die.

The known draken that is.

Postby Scrambles » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Got bored at work so I thought I would work on my cs

Name: Alejandro Ruiz De La Vega (Captain Vega)

Race: Human

Appearance: Alejandro appears to be the definition of a dashingly handsome rogue. His skin is tanned and unblemished aside from the singular scar across his left eye. Surprisingly this seems to be his only good eye, however, as he wears an eye patch over his right one. His shoulder length black hair is held back in a ponytail and adorned with pieces of gold that clink together as he walks. A silver locket hangs from his neck, what Vega holds inside is known only to him. Several of his teeth are capped in gold and silver and nearly every one of his fingers has a ring.
Alejandro always dresses in the manner that (In his mind) a captain of a ship should. The first thing most people notice about Alejandro is his elaborate tricorne naval hat complete with a feather of a phoenix. He sports an exquisite red coat with golden buttons and cufflinks and a lacey white shirt underneath. His belt is made from the finest bandersnatch leather with a buckle emblazoned with gemstones. His trousers are just as finely made as his coat, with golden embroidery down the legs. To top off his fancy attire with a pair of brown leather boots crafted from the hide of a dragon (Or so Vega says).

Job: Smuggler, Pirate, Sky Sailor, Sword for Hire

Magic: Call the Crew: Alejandro holds a strange whistle that, when blown, commands the three small clockwork golems that operate the zeppelin. The commands that these machines can understand all pertain to maintaining the ship.

Weapon: Alejandro wields a pair of twin scimitars, both identical in weight and craftsmanship. Rumors say that in the Captains hands the blades begin to blur, making it extremely difficult to block Vega’s attacks.

History: Alejandro was born the son of a prominent fisherman in Nefarland. Nearly all of his childhood was spent on a ship out to sea with his father and his small crew. Having lost his mother during birth, the crew was like a family to Alejandro in turn they saw him as one of their own. He was taught the skills of a sailor and fishing as well as how to navigate with the stars. Life was simple but peaceful and happy. That is until the week after his 11th birthday. During a routine trip to one of the many ports the ship traded with a summer squall picked up out of nowhere. The savage winds and roiling sea tossed the boat around like a hot potato. While barking orders to his crew, Alejandro’s father made sure his son was safe in the life boat, should the ship be taken under the waves. Just as the crew finished tying down the sails an unnaturally strong gust blew across the ship, taking with it a few members of the crew…including Alejandro’s father. His last sight of his father was that of him not falling in to the water to drown, but carried away by the winds up in to the sky.

The ship miraculously survived to make port, but to Alejandro everything was lost. Those of the crew who lived, having lost their trusted captain took jobs on other ships and little Vega found himself alone. Alejandro spent the next few years of his life working on fishing boats, trade ships and towards the end, smuggling vessels. Run-ins with sea monsters, thieves and on occasion the naval authorities gave Alejandro a rather good reason to pick up a weapon and learn to use it. He practiced his dual wielding style and soon found himself unmatched among any crew he joined. When he was 18, during a smuggling job to one of the wealthiest houses in Nefarland Alejandro found something among the cargo that would change his life forever. While looking for something to pocket for himself, Vega stumbled across an inactive Homunculus. Curious, he switched the golem on and found that it was without a master. At that moment the ship was attacked by pirates. A cannon shot damaged the door to the cargo hold, trapping Alejandro and the golem inside. Unable to help defend the ship, the rest of the crew was slaughtered. When the pirates broke open the hold and found Alejandro and the golem (who they mistook for another crew member) they captured them both and brought them before their captain.

The captain was an old sea dog, gruff looking and salted from years on the sea. He asked Alejandro why he shouldn't just throw him overboard, to which the young sailor replied with a wager. He proposed that if Alejandro could beat the captain’s best fighter, then he would be left unharmed with the golem. The captain, being a betting man, agreed. Alejandro was given his swords as he stared down the biggest Immundus he had ever seen. His size, however, merely gave Alejandro the advantage he needed. He used his speed to dodge the half man-half shark’s attacks, landing several of his own until his opponent was fatigued and then ran a sword through his heart. Impressed by the display, the captain made good on the deal and allowed Alejandro to go free if he wished. To the surprise of the rest of the crew though, he also offered a place on his ship to the lad and his friend and so Alejandro’s life as a pirate began.

For 6 years Alejandro stole plundered and pillaged across the seas of Nefarland. He came to love the pirate life and the freedom that went with it. It also came with a huge inflation of the young man’s ego. The Homunculus, who became known as Jack, followed Alejandro through his adventures as both a friend and servant. Having no real knowledge of how golems work and therefore unable to properly make himself Jacks master, Alejandro simply saw Jack as person instead of a machine. Without a master, Jack believed himself to be a real person and so acted like one; often being a voice of reason to counter some of Alejandro’s more eccentric ideas. It wasn’t until after an ambush by a band of merfolk and the death of his Captain did Alejandro begin to foster the idea that he himself should be captain, though his fellow crewmembers had grown tired of his ego and constant boasting and so refused to follow him. Persistent in his quest, Alejandro set out with Jack to find a ship of his own. This endeavor met with utter failure. Having lived the fast and loose pirate lifestyle, Alejandro hadn’t exactly been saving his earnings.

After almost a year of effort, Alejandro was beginning to lose hope on his dream. Then fate threw him a bone it seemed. Jack located a derelict zeppelin in the forest of Nefarland, its crew nothing but bones. Alejandro was against the idea at first, wanting to sail the seas like all pirates. That is, until Jack pointed his attention to a rainbow, and the majestic view of Ahz. It was then that Jack hit him with some unexpected wisdom. “Who says you can only sail the sea?” With renewed conviction Jack and Alejandro began to repair the Zeppelin. They found on board 3 small clockwork golems gathering dust in the hold with an ornate box. In the box Alejandro found a whistle. They wound up the golems which sprang to life but just seemed to stand there. Perhaps it was sheer curiosity that cause Alejandro to blow the whistle but whatever the reason, once the whistle blew, the golems went to work. They repaired the ships balloons and in no time it was time for the maiden voyage of the Sky King. On that day Alejandro declared himself captain and the age of sky piracy began.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I like. I feel like it's an RP inside an RP. Accepted. Waiting on a few others.

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:57 pm

If you want to start without me feel free, but I WILL make a CS for this!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:09 am

Sorry if it feels like I'm rushing you all. I don't mean it. I can start whenever most of you are ready. If you want, you may complete/make a character still (for new comers make, unless you haven't yet), and we'll place you where I can.

Also, Merry Christmas Everyone.

If you want to start, I'll wait til Saturday Afternoon (central time) and with 3 out of the 5 current characters finished.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing