Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Once Upon Atyme: Dorothy OOC

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Yay, pirates. I'll update eventually. >.>
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:38 pm

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Scrambles » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:05 pm

The greatest pirate shanty that ever was and ever will be.

Postby Archrival » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:07 pm

Or this one.

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PandaBrady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

lol. Funny all around. Also, Alejandro is going to be a bit of a fish out of water, or flying fish out of air I guess with this one. Most of it is on land. I'm sure we might see a lot more of he and his crew's true pirating skills when we get to Part 4 Wendy... Oops. I spoiled it.

Postby Archrival » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Knew it! Fucking knew you had all the tales lined up somehow, good fucking show. ABC should make this a show instead of the one they had/have.

Edit: Oh and lets throw in some Python for good measure.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PandaBrady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

ah, you got me. and since, knowing my history, I am not the best at keeping up with Snafu stuff, especially when bogged down with real life, I may as well give you, the titles of these tales.

WARD: part 1 Dorothy, part 2 Red, Part 3 Alice, and Part 4 Wendy.

Postby Archrival » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:04 pm

And lemme guess Part 5: Goldilocks?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PandaBrady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

uh...no. GWARD doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus, I had the idea when I first heard of Fairytale, first found this site, and when I saw Monty's Trailer for RWBY when it first aired. The idea was slowly put together.

Oh, and since we were all on the subject of Pirates. "This will be the day, known as the day that Captain Alejandro almost got away." Or will it?

Postby Belwicket » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Archrival wrote:
Belwicket wrote:Well, from my studies, the cat is only 1 of the Cheshire species. Correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I understand, a Cheshire is any talking animal with the ability to appear or disappear, completely or partially. However, this is only visual and they can still be found by their tracks or sound. Also, most of them, from what I've read, are more of an intelligent trickster race, very few having anything to do with any fighting skills. Does that make enough sense?

Kind of but not at all, in this reality he's Chessur. Since the characters take their names from the more 'realistic' version by Tim Burton. Plus he's not really a race, since have you seen any others? Just take it from the GM that this being is off limits.

Yes, I've seen other Cheshire beings throughout mythology, fantasy works and other forms of art.
PandaBrady wrote:Yeah, chess is a no. You can be close to him, with illusion magic as stated above, and I had mentioned the history for the benefits of others.

I don't want to be the Cheshire cat, I want to be like the Cheshire cat.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Yes, and he said you could be similar to it with the ability to use magic to conceal yourself and such.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:59 am

Yes but to be a true Cheshire of any species it should be an innate ability.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cerulean » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm

So you're going to either be a Spriggan?

A fairy race with an affinity for Illusion magic. They are also well known treasure hunters. Spriggans are also sometimes known as channelings, as some have learned to use their illusion magic so well that they can become the thing they are pretending to be. Spriggans are also very good Actors.

or a Pucca?

A Rabbit like race of Fairy, with ears, tail, and leg muscles of a rabbit. They are skilled musicians, using music as magic in battle. They also have the ability to be invisible for 1 minute every hour. They can even shapeshift into whatever they want, however, their size stays the same.

Those are the only two I see with those abilities. Ok, so skimmed again and found out elves can use camouflage too. Sorry about that, probably missed a few others since I've just been skimming :c

Plains Elves: The most unfriendly of the Elves. They tend to live in nomadic tribes, and hunt animals on the plains, but use every part of the animal killed. They are amazing at camouflage spells.

(this is a bit late) but glad to see you're back PandaBrady c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Would it be possible for me to play a Celestial-Humna hybrid?
Goth boy

Postby PandaBrady » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

hmm...depends on how well you make saud character

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 am

Forget the Cheshire, I got a better idea! A Halfling! Looking through the available races, I'd have to pick a Dwarf-Munchkin hybrid. And no! She won't have a beard! Going to start CS now.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 am

Name: Regina
Race: Dwarf-Munchkin Hybrid (she prefers the term Halfling)

Appearance: Regina is rather short, even for what her parents are. Despite her lack of height, she does have a beauty about her. She has green eyes, red hair, a slim but curvy figure... well, as curvy as one her height can get... and a slightly-above-average chest. She wears mostly green and brown clothes, though always carries a red cloak just in case. Her shirts are almost always green, though some are stained and/or faded. Her pants are always brown, as well as her boots and gloves. And she is never seen without her backpack. If one were to catch her without her shirt, they would be able to see the 3 slashed scars across her back.

Job: Golem Machinist
Magic: Metal
Weapon: Shortswords (though they're really only large daggers to everyone else)

History: Regina was born and raised in Munchkinland by her mother, Carla. At a young age, Regina had asked her mother about her father. Carla told her that her father was a dwarf that had traveled through the land a few years ago. Regina absorbed the information her mother had given her about her father and, once the girl was old enough, the pair set off the find the man.
Regina began learning from her father but her mother had to leave only days after their arrival. Regina stayed with her father, learning from him the ways of mining and golem creating and repairing. She mailed her mother often, knowing how worrisome the woman got, but lived with her father for 10 years, the same amount of time she had lived with her mother. During those 10 years, she built many golems. One golem which she had built as a battle companion nearly killed her with its 3 claws tearing through her back. She was lucky to survive. She was put back into books for a year after that before finally being allowed to build and repair again.
She then began travelling, going from place to place to learn more and more about golems over the next year. During that year, she found a random book sitting on the side of the road after a Mana Geyser erupted. Somehow, it seemed to have come through as it had not been there before the geyser. After looking through the book, one with the title "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons", she chose the term "Halfling" to describe herself.
Her travels have just returned her to Munchkinland to see her mother once again.
Last edited by Belwicket on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 pm

I started this CS on the 8th of December and never found a way to finish it that I was happy with. Here's how it turned out after an array of severe history alterations. Hope it passes.

Name: Zayev Imako

Race: Victian (Wolf)

Appearance: An anthropomorphic arctic wolf with pure white fur and blue eyes. He has black accents around his eyes and a black birthmark
(http://edlauber.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/akan-cosmology-death-of-god.png) on his back. He is around 7 feet tall with an upright figure and wears light-weight black leather armor with a black duster. His family marking is on the back of his duster in white. His weapons are carried across his person.

Job:
-Former: Thief/Adventurer/Assassin Overseer/Businesswolf
-Current: Fugitive

Magic Preference: Shadow

Weaponry: A single-hand falchion with a black hilt sheathed on his back in a black scabbard, a 5 cylinder revolver pistol (one acquired by looting a friend of the acclaimed revolver's inventor) holstered to his left side, 5 poison laced throwing knives located in tight open pouches on both legs, and vials for various poison in pouches on his chest.

History: From an enriched pup of a grand estate to a wolf covered in blood, a fate brought about by the burning of his home and the ruthless murder of his kin, bringing him to the clutches of poverty and near-death. Zayev's past jumps from the snowy north of Grimiore to the land of Unterland where he currently resides as the overseer of an clandestine group of assassins that, while loaning its poison tipped blade for freelanced hire, lives under the coin of "Moriarty Enterprises", a large collection of businesses and workshops with it's hands in underground workings, predominantly in gambling, but also in being trafficking and the illegal elixir trade. Zayev's position was gained by a then recently vacant spot, caused during an important assignment involving the late Diamond King of Unterland.

A few days ago, however, anarchy had spread throughout his order of assassins as an attempt to permanently remove him from his position had come to near success. He managed to escape, though not without poison in his veins and minor lacerations across his body. With an entire guild of trained killers, many of which trained by him, after for his life, he had to eschew their reach. He took refuge with a retired assassin and waited for his wounds to heal and the poison to drain. As soon as he could he took the first airship out of Unterland. Destination: Folly port of Boq, Ahz.
Last edited by tonightscake on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby PandaBrady » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Hmm...Mulling over Regina. I see it's still WIP.

As for Zayev, I believe this to be quite alright for a character, except the pistol. Perhaps you could explain why he would have this? Or how he came into ownership of the weapon?

Postby tonightscake » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 am

One of his "assignments" was a friend of the revolver inventor. Moriarty Enterprises had heard of his invention and after failing to come to an agreement on acquiring the designs, they decided to make more aggressive demands, particularly the well-being of him and his friends. The company did not know he had given out his weapons to others, so when Zayev took out his target he kept the pistol as a prize, without informing his superiors of his find. I'll add a little snippet into my CS next to the revolver in parenthesis in the weaponry category.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:38 am

Regina's finished but now I have to make her traveling buddy. What good is a Golem Machinist with no Golem? I'll work on them tomorrow, though.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby PandaBrady » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

Alright, sounds reasonable. Aztec accepted.

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 am

Regina good?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby PandaBrady » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Okay. If I were DMing a tabletop, I'd give you a perversity point just for that AD&D Reference.

Anyways, Yes, I'll accept Regina. Also, I meant to put Zayev not Aztec. That would be my phone's fault. Get an intro up, and we can move along.

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Name: Rowan
Race: Celestial/Humna Hybrid

Appearance: Rowan is a little above average height with slightly above average muscle. Protruding from his forehead (birth defect because of his mixed blood) at a length of 6 inches are his horns, black all over except the red stripes on either side of either horn. Every inch, the stripe has a small point on either side, making it look thorned. His hair is long, flowing and black with white tips and streaks. On the top of his head, his hair is spiky and short, though does not take away from the beauty of the rest of his hair. His eyes glare into a person's soul with their silver color, which have a purple tint in the light and a purple glow in the dark. From his back are a pair of large, dark gray wings that look almost black.

He wears a pair of extremely tattered, tan pants. On his feet are a pair of black leather boots, tattered at the top and very worn on the soles. On either shoulder sits an ornate, black shoulder guard with white trim and a red gem by each collarbone. They are held on by straps. Hanging around his neck is a single, silver, round locket with 2 gems in the center, each cut so they resemble a full gem when together, one red, the other blue. On the rear of the locket is scratched "S&R". Inside the locket is a picture of Saya.

Job: Adventurer/Odd Job
Magic: Ash and Ice
Weapons: Rowan has 2 long-swords, Ifrit and Fenrir, as well as 2 shortswords, neither of which have names.

Ifrit has, from the blade to the handle, the top half of a skeleton for a guard, the arms being "cut off" at the elbows. Extended from the skull is the handle, smooth with crown-like spikes at the end. The blade starts wide and begins heading towards a point, only to curve outwards to the same width before finally curving in to a point. The entire weapon is silver in color.

Fenrir, on the other hand, has a cross as the guard. At the guard part of the cross, the ends resemble claws. Unlike Ifrit's smooth handle, Fenrir's handle has 3 sections, each one having 2 layers of gold, ornate crosses all around it. The handle of Fenrir ends with a smooth circle, another golden, ornate design in the center on either side. Fenrir's blade, like Ifrit, starts with an inward curve, though straightens out to continue along the rest of the blade before finally curving in to the tip.

Rowan's short-swords resemble large fangs, each bladed on both sides. Being his more commonly used weapons,

History: Rowan remembers nothing beyond the past 20 years. All his memories from before were lost due to a major injury to his head, causing a very prominent scar where his hair doesn't grow. He was found and taken care of by a young munchkin woman who had a daughter who was barely a year old. He visited the woman often enough to see the little girl grow only for her to disappear when she was 10. He often returned to the woman, seeing her as both a mother figure and a younger sister.

What he doesn't know is he is blood-birthed. Both of his parents were the right hands of the kings in warring kingdoms who fell in love on the battlefield. While he wasn't literally born on the battlefield, he was trained in many weapon styles, raised as a warrior until he was old enough to walk the battlefield. His parents had kept him secret from the rest of the world for many years only to be beheaded when the kings sent silent messengers to follow them and returned to the kings with news of the half-breed boy.

Because of his parents' deaths, he went after the kings. The battle with the Celestial King was hard but, in the end, Rowan stood victorious. None of the angels dared block his retreat. He went straight to the Humna King, his lover, a human named Saya, and a large number of soldiers close behind. The battle started wordlessly as the king knew him at first sight. The fight was long and Rowan was losing. Saya leapt in front of the king's attack, only to die on impact. In a fit of rage, Rowan attacked the king but was defeated when the king shattered his horns, a piece creating a scar on the top of his head. In mindless rage and fear, he ran, not knowing where he was going. He awoke with no memories, only a locket with her picture.
Last edited by KazeXDZ on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Goth boy

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing