Crossing The Veil: Reapers' First Mission

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Crossing The Veil: Reapers' First Mission

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Death. It's almost as old as life. It's everywhere. Every day there are new germs, toxins, injuries, illnesses and catastrophes for us to face. The fact we survive at all is miraculous.
On the other side of death stand the Reapers. Reapers used to be human, then death came knocking, taking those who dies in the most gruesome, bloody or downright horrific manners to their boss, Lou.
Lou was the first Reaper. He was doing a great job until humanity spread too wide for him to continue to work alone. Therefore, he began recruiting others to be Reapers. As the ages changed, the cycle of Reapers did as well.
Lou no longer Reaps but watches the Reapers like the owner of a company. They report to him and bring souls for other possible Reapers.
Working alongside the Reapers are Seers, people who can gaze through the veil between the world of the living and the realm of the dead, and Witches, humans who can utilize Reaper abilities. Both types were visited by Lou because they were stillbirths or infant deaths. Seers lost their physical sight and was granted life and sight into the spiritual realm instead as well as the ability to create weak barriers for short periods of time while Witches grow without a limb or some other physical deformity.
Reapers, when chosen by Lou, appear in a white room. In the room is a man in a red suit with a black tie, slicked back hair and lively blue eyes. He is Lou.

"You have been chosen as the new wave of Reapers." Lou said, smiling slyly. He was in many rooms, all identical, all pure white and empty. Before him stood the new Reapers. "Name, age and a quick description of yourself." He held a clipboard in his left hand and an ancient quill between the fingers of his right. He listened to their answers, giving a small joke or pun after each one.

"I'm joking." he smirked once they were finished. "I know who you are and who you think you are. You're hired if you accept." He raised his now empty hands, smiling as 3 tablets with embossed, glowing lines rose from the ground.

To the right of Lou, the tablet held a bow and a rifle in an X behind a small pistol.

To the left stood a pumpkin, a skull and a glowing orb of light in a triangle, the skull at the top.

In front of him was a sword, scythe and hammer in a 6-point star.

"Choose your class." he said, lowering his arms from sight.
Last edited by KazeXDZ on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goth boy

Re: Crossing The Veil: Reapers in the White Room

Postby Belwicket » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Eleanor had a dream. While her body slept, her soul was pulled to the Goddess. Eleanor would find herself under the Tree of Life once again with a handful of other men and women, girls and boys, all of whom had powers from their Goddess.. "It is time." the robed woman said from behind Eleanor. "Your students will surpass you. Teach them as I have taught you." She disappeared back into the tree, as she did every time, before Eleanor would be thrown back into her body and be able to awaken.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:43 pm

"The end..." he thought, "No more than a white room." Kanin stood there looking upon a red-suited man. Flashy if anything, really, and matched with a devilish grin; at least the room isn't synonymous with his madness.

The man called for his credentials, "Why?" Kanin simply stated. "Shouldn't you already know? I am dead, right?" Kanin's tone was laced with cynicism. The man simply laughed off his remarks. He continued on in his apparent monologue and waved off the three rising tablets. "Choose a class."

"A class, eh" Kanin stated, "I guess you find this to be as much of a joke as me. Sure, I'll play along."

Kanin observed the three tablets. The mage, the archer and the warrior. He never saw himself as a bearded fellow with a magic stick, so that was out. The only time he had shot a gun was the day he died, so that prospect wasn't a favorite. His only real weapon skills he had were beating people to a pulp with his fists and cutting people down with his knife when things got hairy. He walked to the middle tablet. "I choose this one, now what?"
Last edited by tonightscake on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby QuickSilver » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:11 am

'Another dream,' Eleanor thought as she lay awake in bed. She'd not bothered with covers tonight and towels lay strewn below her, drenched in sweat. The dreams had become predictable now. In her youth they had been terrifying; images of demons and angels, or death and tragedy. They were a torment. When her grandmother taught her how understand and interpret her dreams, they became far less frightening. Now she no longer dreamed of horrible things but of nature and balance and hope. No less of a jarring experience, but they were as much a part of her life as anything else. Routine was a refuge against insanity, after all.

Despite the oddity of the dream's message, Eleanor continued her morning routine as usual. Stretch, teeth, shower, hair, turn on the news, feed the cat, breakfast, review some school papers, get dressed, make-up, bag, umbrella, let the cat out, lock the door, walk to school. It was her refuge, this routine. Greeting the same people, seeing the same sights, walking the same path. It all had that wonderful solid feeling of normality.

But, of course, today was not normal. Never before had she been spoken to in her dreams. Eleanor knew the robed figure from her Grandmother's tales, and she knew that this was a sign of great and terrible things to come. Elysium rattled nervously in her pocket.

"I know, Ely. I'll be cautious, don't fret."

It was Eleanor's stance to stick to the defensive whenever her students were involved, though she had doubts whether the dream referred to the students she was teaching currently or new students yet to appear. She doubted the Goddess would approach her over grading English essays.

So her day progressed as normal. She would teach, chat, talk, research and grade as per usual, though she kept a wary eye peering through the windows for any sign of supernatural nastiness.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Tobias opened his eyes and was greeted by pure white. Please be a hospital room ceiling...please be a hospital room ceiling...please be a hospital room ceiling. As his focus returned to him he saw that it was a white room, and there was a man in a red suit standing in front of him. Fuck. I'm dead. Should he be freaking out about this more? The last thing he remembered was blinding pain in his abdomen, the knife going in and out, over and over. Eventually it stopped hurting and he found that he was lying on the ground. Everything faded to black, and here he was. "Reaper? As in Grim Reaper? I thought there was only one of those?" The man seemed to be ignoring his questions.

"Guess I will play along. My name is Tobias Crane, I, er, was twenty-five years old. I guess I consider myself a pretty nice guy haha. Uhh I was looking to go to graduate school, had a pretty average life. Not a whole lot happened...well until I died I guess. Most interesting thing to ever happen to me I suppose. I really should be more upset about this, shouldn't I?" He said with a laugh at the end. When Lou explained that he already knew him, he shook his head with a chuckle. "Of course you do. Good one." Then the pedestals rose up. "Class? Is the afterlife a video game? Cuz that would be pretty sweet, I used to love those RPG games. I'm definitely going with the middle one here, warrior all the way." He exclaimed, reaching forward to touch the pedestal.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby aj_gatsz » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:34 am

-Just another white room... with a little more „fragrance”-

Balls kicked in his seat as he suddenly awoke. He groaned painfully, mostly out of habit. He had no hangover, but being sober was just as bad. He leaned forward in his seat, and started to cough, and make gagging noises to get rid of something slimy in the back of his throat. After spitting something vile on the floor, he blew his nose into the dirty scarf around his neck. „Fuck...” He groaned again. That awful dream about the subway train, but it was just a dream, another day to dread. He looked at his left hand still clutching the neck of the bottle. He gave a wide yellow-teethed grin, and took a big swing from it. „Bloody hell!” He cursed again as he held the bottle upside down, shaking finding it empty.
Then things started to catch up with him. There was someone else in the room. Some guy in a suit, and was talking to him. Balls didn’t really care at all, but the information simply forced its way into his head. He WAS dead, and this was bloody afterlife. Instead of oblivion, there was SOMETHING, existence will be a never ending torment for him. „FUCK YOU!” He screamed at the man in front of him, following by a barrage of swearwords and curses.
When finally when his vocabulary run out he slumped back into the chair and glared at Lou with angry eyes. It took some time for him to realize how futile any resistance is. It was Death he was giving the angry eye, the most patient thing in existence; he would get nowhere with that. Finally he gave out a long sigh as he gave up his resistance.
„You gotta be shitting me.” He glared at Lou when the tablets rose. After getting nothing but a sly grin, Balls got onto his feet with a painful groan, and moved to the tablet in the middle. He poked the tablet, then he tried to shake it, and gave it a couple of kicks. „Happy? Can I get a bloody drink now?” He tilted his head and raised a brow.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Reverend Samuel Black Jackson

The Reverend was not amused. Not only did he go out like a punk, but he had another punk telling him what to do. He would have liked to have seen some sort of badge or something from this guy "Lou", but he didn't press any issue. Hell, if he got to do some reaping for a bit, who cares? Seems fun, not your normal average thing to do.

He crossed over to the tablets and looked around, selected whatever the fuck he wanted to just to appease someone because it doesn't really fucking matter that much, got his stuff if there was anything to get, and waited.

Postby KazeXDZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:42 pm

For the Reapers, Lou smirked. He strode up to them and shoved his hand in their chest. "Oh, and this might hurt a bit." he said before ripping a piece of their soul out, which formed into the weapon meant for them, matching with the class they chose. "First test." he said, backing away. "Your target is a small-time mugger and thief. He currently resides in Germantown of Louisville, Kentucky. I'll get you close but it's up to you to find him. Keep in mind, stay out of the cemetery." With that, the room disappeared and they stood in a parking lot, now able to see and communicate with each other. "I'd suggest getting to know your partners." he smirked before disappearing.

Around them was a scattering of cars, a small gas station sat at one end of the parking lot and a strip mall sat on the opposite, beginning with a large Kroger's grocery store then continuing past a Chinese food place. In the last corner sat another set of conjoined buildings, the closest to the Kroger's being an H&R Block. The sun was still in the sky, though it was obvious that it would be setting soon. There weren't many people but the few there were seemed to ignore them. Past the gas station sat a large street with cars zooming past.
Last edited by KazeXDZ on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goth boy

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:04 pm

"My child." Aisling would hear her voice again. "There is a Witch nearby." It was after most kids had gone home and most teachers were on their way home, if not there already. Pandora would appear from nowhere with a sly smile. "I think she would have been your teacher if you had actually gone to school." Her laugh was unmistakable to anyone who had heard it before. "Find her for me and show her what it means to be my daughter."
-----
"Pandora's in the city." the Goddess spoke from the teacher's mind. "She must be with a child. They may come after you. Elysium knows how to protect you. Use her well." Eleanor would know this was a big warning if the Goddess contacted her directly during the day as she usually kept to her dreams. "Do not strike back but protect yourself if you must. You must live." The last statement echoed through her head after the Goddess left. Afterwards, Eleanor would be able to feel the Goddess's power in her, flowing through her. She was giving her power.
Last edited by Belwicket on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Kanin blinked out the mild shock of being spaced out back to life. He looked around and studied his new "partners", cringing a bit as the smell of one of them aired into his nostrils. He was annoyed being bossed around after death, but at least he was, in some form, still alive. He took a deep breath.

"So..." he said bold, "Should we get started?"
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Kaizer579 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

"I just want to die." seth sighed in fustration as he threw an empty bottle of pills against the wall in his apartment. getting up from his chair seth walked to his window and gazed at the town with a lifeless expression,"Germantown of louisville huh, where no one gives a crap about ya." seth put on his black double breasted jacket, faded blue jeans, and white sneakers then on his way out grabbed his wallet and keys. After heading out seth looked to the sky at the setting sun,"Its going be nightfall soon i have a lot of time better take a shortcut if im gonna get to work." seth thought as he took a shortcut through the strip mall parking lot however not knowing that he was being followed is going to find out how bad of a choice he's made today.
When I use my kicks, I want to win. But when I use my fists, I want to kill. -Rei Liongod.
YOLO

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Jack Fletcher - Duty Calls

"Another day, another dollar." Jack said to himself in the confides of his cozy home. Work had just gotten done, and he was beginning to make dinner for himself when he stopped and stared out the window of his suburban home. Light colors passed by slow and fast, he could make out a few of them but some went by too fast. "Speeders. I thought with those 'Blind Man' signs they'd at least go the speed limit. Oh well, what can you do?" He said before heading to his kitchen, he began to grab some ingrediants for a light sandwhich before he heard a familiar voice.

"You're next job is here. Head over to German Town. You can meet your teammates, finally." Jack put his knife down. "Couldn't even let me eat dinner yet huh? Oh well, at least it's after work." He said before grabbing his walking stick and heading out of his house. It was a pretty mild night and most of the people had cleared out so he wouldn't have to worry about bumping into anyone until the bus. He began his slow walk back towards the city and left him alone with this thoughts.

'I wonder what they'll be like. And what we're doing. I hope it's not a kill mission again.' He thought as he unknowingly gave into his bad habit and started wandering into the middle of the street. 'I know it's kind of my job but does it have to be every mission? Couldn't it just be..' HONK HONK his thought was interuppted by the familiar sound of a car horn. "I did it again didn't I?" he said as he turned and a bright yellow glow moving fast towards him. "Yep, sure did." He said before he quickly dodged out of the way of the on comming car, which swerved and narrowly missed him and came to a stop.

Other than a few cuts Jack was unharmed, though he was prepared for what came next. The car door opened and, from what it sounded like a rather angry, large man. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, ARE YOU BLIND?!" the man shouted. "Actually yes." Jack replyed to the man as he showed him his walking stick. "I do apologize, it happens from time to time. At least the city was kind enough to put a sign up for me. Wait, there is a sign isn't there?" He asked already knowing the answer, but making it seem like he was helpless was usually the best respose in these situations. "Oh, well, yes there is one." the man replyed, now feeling very stupid for asking his question, but Jack didn't bring up the subject. "That's a relief. Oh well, I do apologize again. Is there any damage to you or your vehicle?" he asked the man, the situation already difused.

"No I'm fine. Are you sure you're ok, do you need any help?" the man asked. 'And that's what I was waiting for.' Jack thought before replying. "Well, if you're willing to help me I was heading for the bus stop, if you could help me get there that would be great." he said to the man. The stranger happily agreed and lead Jack to the stop before heading on his way. "Who says kindness is dead?" He said to no one in particular as he waited for the bus. Jack didn't wait long before it arrived. He quickly got on and told the driver to please stop at Germantown Louisville for him which he agreed. Jack found his seat and sat back in thought. 'I do hope they don't have too much fun without me.'
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Re: Crossing The Veil: Reapers' First Mission

Postby KazeXDZ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:22 pm

"Your target is headed your way." Lou's voice would echo through the minds of the Reapers. "His name is Seth." Each of them would then get a flash of what he looked like. "If you wait too long, he might pass you."

Lou sat behind his desk, watching his newest team through a small rift floating above his desk. A sudden knock at his door interrupted his thoughts. Closing the rift, he asked, "Yes?"

Entering the room, and older man said, "You called for me, shithead."

"Ah, Whistler." Lou smirked. "I need you to watch the newcomers while I deal with something else."

"So you're putting me in charge of the children again?" he asked with a sigh. "Fine but what do I get out of it?"

Lou thought for a bit before tossing him a pendant. "That will allow you to wield the others' weapons if needed."

With that Whistler sighed. "I expect something better when I return."

"And give them the usual tests." he smirked as Whistler left.

Once the door was closed, Lou and Whistler both disappeared. Whistler appeared behind the Reaper, though invisible to everyone else, and sighed again. "Pathetic. Who's the target?"
Goth boy

Return to Role Playing