Crossing the Veil (OOC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Crossing the Veil (OOC)

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:52 pm

I agree with Guardian. The story ideas in the RP are interesting, but it doesn't feel like a RP.

Text and forum based RPs require a more solid mechanic. You guys are either not active enough or not putting much effort into the progression of the RP.

Give people something to do and a reason to do it. Don't just throw them all into an area and say "Have at it".

There also needs to be more organization. Listing lore is awesome, but this is a RP, it's more than just a story.
What are characters allowed to do, and how is it done? What should be expected? Some form of a guideline to actually 'playing'.

What if the reapers start hacking at each other right now? Will they be all told to edit their posts because they can't just go around dismembering each other?
This causes hesitation. No one wants to make a post and change it later.

It's been said that there will be teams, but everyone was just thrown into a large group.

Bel, co-gm. Coordinate Game Master. You have to coordinate with Kaze. What you say should be equal to that of the GM him or herself. You just seem like a player with a character in a high position.

You 2 need to sit down for a while and talk out what this RP is. If it's too much for you guys to handle, then take a break from brainstorming ideas and refine your RP skills. See why people aren't doing anything in your RP(s), and see how you can fix it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 pm

I know this has been kind of touched on already but I'm just going to throw in my two cents as well
Belwicket wrote:Colors. Souls. That is all Jack would see. Each person he passed being a dull color, any color.

So yeah, I think from PM's I had established that was how my character was supposed to see things, but why are you throwing this out in the RP. Since it's my character, shouldn't I be the one to say this? I mean for the sake of explanation I could see you mentioning this fact in the OOC but in the IC shouldn't that be my responsibility?

Belwicket wrote:That is, until he rounded the corner.

So you're forcibly moving my character now? I'm randomly outside and walking around. I know that supposedly my character can 'see'. Not in the literal sense mind you, but the average person wouldn't know that. So why is my character outside for a walk, when I kind of stated that he mostly stays in his house cause, you know, he's BLIND?

Belwicket wrote:Not far from him and across the street were a teenage girl and a grown woman, both with very sharp colors. The woman's would be bright, almost energetic. The girl's, though, was dark, having an almost destructive look to its color. Jack would know, with the knowledge given to him by Lou, that the woman was a Witch of the Goddess and the girl was a Child of Pandora.

This part I have no problems with honestly. This would have been useful information had I posted and needed to identify who was who. I'm happy with this part.

But basically moving my character around, telling people how my character does things, do you really need me? Or did you just need me to make a character? Cause I'm a bit insulted right now. You could have had a post like "Hey there's a huge spike in spiritual something over here, you guys should notice this" or something to that effect. Let the characters recognize it, then move towards it on their own pace in their characters way. Not throwing them together half-assed and saying "Now go ahead, but only do it in the way that we want...on second thought we'll just do it for you. Probably for the best anyway." [/rant]
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:58 pm

This should clear things up.

1: The Reapers were given their mission. They have yet to act on that.

2: Everyone else was waiting on me so, to make everything move quickly, I put the 3 characters that were waiting on me (the Witch, the Child and the Seer) in 1 place.

3: We told you that we would play the NPCs. There's not many NPCs we can play right now.

4: The rest of the reapers have yet to post in the White Room so we are waiting on them. We don't know who's active and who's not. All we know is we can't play the NPCs if the PCs aren't moving.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:05 pm

But no one knows what they can do.
That's why no one wants to do anything.

Also, you need to give the players something to do, not do it for them.
Things will be slow and require more attention in the beginning. You need to supply a set of progressive posts, that leads the players into their RP, not a single improvised post attempting to bring action in.

Do not control the players' characters. That's a big nono.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm

I never said Jack was alone. He could have a friend with him. He could have a dog to guide him. There's things that I didn't put in because he can put them in. I merely put him in the area. If he so chooses, he can walk past them, stay out of the conflict, if there's going to be a conflict. I put them near each other. It's up to them to decide if there's gonna be a fight or not. I could've easily just said it like this:

They're all in the same spot. Eleanor will defend herself or retreat. Aisling will attack. Jack will try to stop it.

I said it they way I did because that is what I'm trying to avoid. Yeah, maybe it wasn't the smartest idea but we're trying to get a bit of story moving along.

As for the Reapers, they were seemingly taken somewhere by Lou and told about their target. They're not moving. Should I put their target in front of them? Should I have their target attack them? I shouldn't have to.

We told y'all what we thought you needed to know. Everything else is stuff the character will have to find out. Plus, if they want to make their posts longer, they can start their post from before Lou shoving his hand in them.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

But what reason does he have for being outside?

The reapers don't want to move because, for the third time, they don't know what they can do.
What if they felt like attacking each other? If you guys don't like something do they edit it? No one wants to make the first mistake.
They know they're in a parking lot, what if they want to walk around?
What the hell is around them? A McDonald's? An Ihop? A mall? A theater? A shopping district?
Is it day time? Night time?
Are there cars in the lot? Are there people around?

Do you just want them to all talk to each other? Because that's limiting.
"Your characters can't do shit til they talk out their feelings."
Spend time on your posts, don't just half ass it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:54 pm

I imagined it being night with none there. Be a bit odd if people were there and they just popped up.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 pm

They can become invisible. Though I'm not sure what 'Rank V' is. I don't recall an explanation on the rank system.

We still can't be sure. Players don't want random shit popping out at them. Like, "A crowd gathers", "What fucking crowd? I think my character would noticed civilians."
What if 2 people post contradictions? Sun? Moon? Clouds? Rain? Snow? Cold? Hot? Windy?
City? Streets? Highways? Farm land? Forest? River?
Not everyone knows what it's like in Kentucky. We don't even know what the area looks like.
The scenery is needed. What if people wanted to go roof jumping? Grab a meal?
What if everyone just slacked off while the one responsible guy does the job?
You need to give players freedom, but not too much freedom.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Bel, no one has any idea what's going on, the RP isn't clear. We've been told the Reaper are going to be moving as a teams and have yet to be given that assignment since we were told we couldn't do that ourselves.

You also need to edit your post and stop God Modding the characters. Go fix it or I will.

Also, review the section specific rules.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I'll help Kaze edit his post and add in some scenery.

I removed Jack's part from my post because everyone's pissed at that.

As for Eleanor and Aisling, I would still like to see something happen there.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Belwicket wrote:I never said Jack was alone. He could have a friend with him. He could have a dog to guide him. There's things that I didn't put in because he can put them in.

Exactly. You wouldn't know. That's why it bothers me that you moved my character without my permission. Again, a simple "Something happening over here guys, maybe you should check it out" post would have been the preferred route. Forcing my character to be there or letting me choose whether or not to go there are two completely different things. One is god-modding, the other is actually giving something for them to do.

Honestly, if you had made some vague post and pointed out an area, then came to me and said, "Hey Cheesemore, could you please move toward the story?" I would have done it. Actually, you wouldn't needed to ask, I usually head towards the plot in every RP I'm in just because I can.

Belwicket wrote:I merely put him in the area. If he so chooses, he can walk past them, stay out of the conflict, if there's going to be a conflict. I put them near each other. It's up to them to decide if there's gonna be a fight or not. I could've easily just said it like this:

They're all in the same spot. Eleanor will defend herself or retreat. Aisling will attack. Jack will try to stop it.

I said it they way I did because that is what I'm trying to avoid. Yeah, maybe it wasn't the smartest idea but we're trying to get a bit of story moving along.

This is the next step in the process of god-modding. The full on god-mode. It's true that you didn't do that, but it's like saying "But I didn't kill them, I merely maimed them!"

But with that all said and done, I'm happy that you took my concern seriously and acted appropriately. Thank you very much.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby KazeXDZ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:45 pm

She edited her post. Stop yelling at her. I added scenery to mine so the Reapers actually know what part of town they're in. If needed, I can have Bel pull it up on Google Maps later.
Goth boy

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm

KazeXDZ wrote:She edited her post. Stop yelling at her.

Cheesemore wrote:But with that all said and done, I'm happy that you took my concern seriously and acted appropriately. Thank you very much.

So this is yelling now?
The Master of Cheese

Postby Belwicket » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 pm

No but what Guardian said could be taken as so.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I think he's just tired of not having a clue what it is anyone's supposed to do here. Can't really blame him. The God-modding didn't help.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 pm

Pretty much.

I don't see any examination points in it, don't see how it is yelling. Stern, yes, but for good reasons.

Reasons, I might add, that I can legally enforce on this site.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Who wants what done so they can post?
Goth boy

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

1: A decision on if we are having teams or not and who we are teamed up with.

Semper Vigilans

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:04 pm

I answered that already. The Reapers that have gone through the White Room and are currently on a mission are on a team. The rest of the Reapers will be a separate team.
Goth boy

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:21 pm

So everyone who posted in the white room is on a team together correct?

And that means any other reapers that hadn't posted yet are on a separate team?

Just trying to clarify because everyone seems to be confused.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Yes, Cheese. Also, I think we need another Seer. They're supposed to be 1 per team.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:42 pm

@Kaizer: Right now, all reapers are in a parking lot, not in an apartment.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby KazeXDZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Kaizer, what is Seth doing?

If he's part of the mission, he's in the parking lot. Otherwise, are you going through his death? Or are you playing the target who turns into a reaper? If so, I'd rather you PM me with ideas like that.

If he's not either of the above, he should be in the White Room.
Goth boy

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm done with this RP.

Interesting idea, but the execution is terrible, uncoordinated, and confusing.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Kaizer579 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:41 pm

its leading seth towards his death. sorry for not pm you werent online then.
When I use my kicks, I want to win. But when I use my fists, I want to kill. -Rei Liongod.
YOLO

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing