Crossing the Veil (OOC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Crossing the Veil (OOC)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 am

Scrambles wrote:So what exactly causes the Children to have short lifespan? Do their powers drain them or is it just because of the live fast, die young mentality? Also do they start after their death like the Reapers or are they still alive?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Scrambles wrote:So what exactly causes the Children to have short lifespan? Do their powers drain them or is it just because of the live fast, die young mentality? Also do they start after their death like the Reapers or are they still alive?

They are Pandora's offspring. Because they have such great and destructive powers in a mortal body, their bodies deteriorate and, eventually, lead them to an early grave, depending on how often they use their powers.

However, a lot of them, about 15%, do die from outside effects, such as a gunshot or a knife or anything that could kill a normal human.

They were born with the powers. They weren't given the powers like the Reapers, Seers, Witches, Scryers, Preists and Pastors. They are, in too many ways, their mother's Children.
Goth boy

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Almost done with my CS for this. Even though it's still a WIP I want to put it here so I don't forget.
CS is done.

Name: Jack Fletcher

Appearance: Jack stands about 5’10 with a solid build, not too skinny or fat. He has dark brown, short, messy, hair and glossy blue eyes, due to his blindness. His usual attire consists of a white button down shirt, dark slacks and dress shoes. To hide his blindness, he usually also wears a dark pair of sunglasses and has a retractable walking cane that can be shrunk to fit into his pocket. It usually is about 3 feet long fully extended and about 6 inches long compressed.

Personality: Despite his obviously debilitating condition, Jack always seems to keep a positive outlook on things. Always the one to cheer everyone up with a good message or a quick joke, Jack hates when people get sad or depressed around him. If he could have a positive outlook on life despite his blindness, why couldn’t everyone else enjoy it as much as him? He also hates when people treat him as helpless because of his condition. He knows they mean well and doesn’t tend to protest too much but does occasionally make things a tad more difficult for them when they try to help.

History: Thought to be a still born at birth, he sprang to life just after doctors gave up resuscitating him. Jack's parents took him home shortly after and hoped that everything would be fine with their newborn son. Maybe that was why they kept denying the fact that he was blind to pretty much everyone, including themselves. Finally, after some intervention, he was finally taken to the doctor's and diagnosed with what they all feared. After that incident though, the rest of Jack's life was fairly normal. I mean, as normal as a blind kid's life could be.

Jack began to notice his powers about age 10. He thought he had imagined the man clad in white from his younger days but it was all too obvious that it was real. Given how everyone claimed that he couldn't see, Jack thought it was best to keep these 'visions' to himself. As for the rest of his life? He managed to do quite well in school and earn his Bachelor's in Accounting at 21, and even earn a full time position at a respectable company. However, he has had to take off a fairly large amount of time from his job to continue to work for Lou. But Jack's usually used the excuse that he was having trouble making it to work due to his condition and it seems like they believe him.

Class: Seer

Weapon: Usually does not carry a weapon, but has been known to use his walking stick as a make shift staff when needed.

Destructive Tendency(ies): Jack has an annoying habit of just walking into the middle of streets when he leaves his house.

Emotional Trigger: Panic - When panic sets in, Jack's barriers can be formed quicker, but lose some strength.
Last edited by Cheesemore on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:48 am

Edited my post, I hope this will be fine.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 am

IT'S CHEESEMORE :3
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Forgot to mention the Seers' Emotional Trigger, no matter what emotion they choose, allows them to basically freeze time and see everything in all realms connected to the Material Plane. Their barriers also increase in strength and size.

Jack's CS is good for now. Let's see his History and Trigger added.
Goth boy

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm

CHEESEMOREEEEE!!

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:18 pm

KazeXDZ wrote:Jack's CS is good for now. Let's see his History and Trigger added.

So instead of making it sound like his CS was approved, let's take a closer look at something.

Cheesemore, on his CS, wrote:(WIP)

This means "Work In Progress". So the user is indicating to you that they want to join your game, but are still in the development stages of their characters. This is like saving a spot, or RSVPing a party in that you are not ready to start, but will be.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Yeah, he was saying it's a good start.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Blood Lord wrote:IT'S CHEESEMORE :3

Draken30000 wrote:CHEESEMOREEEEE!!

Hello. Glad to see I was missed. And I hope to get this CS done shortly so I can join in the fun.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello again, Mr. Cheese.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Scrambles » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Name: Aisling O’hara
Appearance: Personality: Despite her larger-then-life attitude Aisling is a short, redheaded twig. Her fiery red hair styled in a pixie cut is offset by a pair of deep blue eyes. She has several ear piercings in each ear as well as stud in her nose. She wears an old torn up great shirt under an old green army vest which she added two inside holsters for Bonnie and Clyde. Her belt is actually a bandolier though she mostly uses it to hold her smokes. (She keeps extra ammo in the vest) For pants she wears a pair of ripped up jean shorts topped off with a pair of black boots.
Personality: Eccentric is one way to describe Aislings personality…or just saying she is crazy. She seems to have ADHD on steroids with no regard for others or guilt over the consequences of her actions. Loyal to her friends (The slim few she has) and a fierce opponent in battle. She isn’t above constantly pushing people’s buttons to watch them pop, in fact she finds it hilarious. Being aware of who and what she is, Aisling follows the creed Live Fast, Die Young. This way of thinking enables her drinking and gambling habits as well as her constant search for an adrenaline rush. Where ever she goes Aisling always seems to inject energy into any room or situation. When in a fight, Aisling is either laughing as if she heard the funniest joke ever or insulting whoever she is fighting, trying to anger them so that they make mistakes. This erratic and self-destructive behavior causes many to be drawn to her company at first,( possibly for her Irish accent) but many cannot stand her for long, either because they can’t handle the snarkiness or her aura of madness touches them and makes them do….well…crazy things.

History: Aislings story is not a long one, but by no means is it boring. While she knows now who her real mother is, for most of her life Aisling was alone. Left at a fire station as a baby with only a slip of paper with the name Aisling written on it. Since then she bounced from one foster home to the next, no family could handle her for more than a few months, the longest run being almost a year. Child services at first believed they simply placed her in bad homes, as tragic events seem to befall families whom she stayed with. Sometimes a spouse just seem to lose their minds and kill themselves or others. Other times a perfectly loving and caring father suddenly became violent, beating their wives, kids, even little Aisling until the cops are called.

As a young girl Aisling always seemed to be bursting with energy, another reason most could not cope with taking care of her. She never went to bed when told, ran around the house, often breaking things and making scenes in public or simply setting things on fire. Therapists diagnosed her with ADHD, thinking that was it and that she should grow out of it….she didn’t. Around her 12th birthday, while at a birthday party for a neighbor girl, Aisling found herself incredibly bored with the mundane party games the other kids were playing. She decided to liven things up. As the rest of the partygoers watched the birthday girl open presents, Aisling snuck over to the cake and put a few fireworks inside and lit the fuse as everyone gathered around to sing happy birthday. As the birthday girl blew out the candles the cake exploded, covering everyone in cake bits. Everyone was in shock except Aisling who was laughing her head off. Upset, the Birthday girl called Aisling a freak which prompted Aisling to do the only sensible thing she could think of; which was to begin kicking the girls ass. Soon after she was shipped back to the orphanage and deemed to problematic for adoption and should be placed in psychiatric care. As soon as Aisling heard that she was to be locked up in the looney bin she ran. She didn’t, however, have any money and soon found herself a bum living on the streets. One cold winter night, as she huddled for warmth in an old cardboard box, a motherly voice echoed through the alley. “My my, I can’t have one of my children live like this.” Aisling looked outside her box but found no one. Instead, she found a pair of pistols on the ground next to her box with a tag which only said Mom with a heart next to it. Aisling learned to shoot…then she learned to steal. It was during her first crime spree that she discovered that she had the power to make her guns shoot fire and ice. After that Aisling began trying to track down her real mother, as well as learning how much she loved to drink and gamble.

It wasn’t until she was 15 that Pandora decided to let herself be found by Aisling, having decided she was ready. Pandora revealed the truth of who Aisling really was and what fate would befall her due to her lineage. After hearing that she had little time left, Aisling embraced what she was, letting her power wash over her. This only seemed to make her mental state worse, and her power more pervasive in the minds of others. Soon after she was contacted by Lou who asked her to assist a few Reapers with the pacification of a malignant spirit that was killing people and consuming their souls. She trained with the Reapers to prepare as she had never seen combat of this caliber before. Unfortunately, Pandora did not inform Lou of Aislings powers and so the Reapers were unaware. The team assaulted and successfully destroyed the spectre but at a devastating price. While Aisling proved to be a powerful ally, she was the only person on the team who left the battle unscathed. Every Reaper on the team had become to mentally unstable that they had become useless to Lou who was not happy about the situation one bit. After that, the Reapers only brought in Aisling when they had no other options which she found perfectly fine as it gave her more time to do the things she loved most.

Class: Pandora’s Child

Weapon: A pair of modded AMT Hardballer pistols name Bonnie and Clyde. Both guns have a burst-fire mode, as well as extended clips, laser sight and removable silencers. Each gun, when imbued with the magical power of Pandora, causes Bonnie to freeze its bullets. Upon impact, anything hit by this attack slowly begin to freeze over. Clyde superheats its bullets, making them burn hotter than thermite.

Knives: Aisling also carries dozens of throwing knives all over her person which she can charge with the magic in her blood to cause them to explode upon impact, the longer she charges her power the greater the explosion.

Spells: The Crazy Train: (Permanent) Being close to Aislings crazy is actually infectious. Over time, the will of those in the immediate vicinity are worn away, causing mental defects, personality quirks obsessive tendencies and emotional instabilities to become worse. (Ex. A bad temper becomes violent outbursts, depression turns to overwhelming thoughts of suicide, an obsession goes to extreme levels akin to golum and the ring etc.)

Destructive Tendency(ies): Compulsive gambler, Alcoholic, unable to stop running her mouth.

Emotional Trigger: When in a laughing fit, or making others laugh, Aislings reflexes increase to superhuman levels.

Still working on the history but i wanted to get this up. I also went easy on the powers as im not sure how strong a Child be at the start.
Last edited by Scrambles on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Kaze...
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Rather than typing his name here...maybe...you could contact him another way. >.>
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Aisling is creative and I look forward to seeing the complete CS and, hopefully, her in the RP.
Goth boy

Postby Scrambles » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:45 pm

I should have it finished later today. My plan was that if the children are a last resort, she's the last resort of last resorts.

Postby KazeXDZ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Nice work on the insanity bit, I think you got that down pretty well. Aisling is...

not denied. Accepted.
Goth boy

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I finished up my CS.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Belwicket » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 pm

More info on Jack's Trigger. Remember, he's a Seer without offensive abilities, make it work.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 am

Bel, even though you are a Co-GM, I feel like that's still a call that should come from Kaze and not you as it is recognized as his game.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:52 am

My question is "What does his Trigger do?"
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:54 am

It causes a spiraling depression that causes everything around himself to feel the same way. No more fighting when everyone feels like shit. What would be the point?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 am

Jack's Destructive Tendencies are great.

@ Bel: I would blame the vagueness of it on the lack of explanation in the set up. Perhaps if it was properly explained, questions like that and confusion would be non-existent or at the very least, easy to resolve.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 pm

St. Blood wrote:Bel, even though you are a Co-GM, I feel like that's still a call that should come from Kaze and not you as it is recognized as his game.
St. Blood wrote:@ Bel: I would blame the vagueness of it on the lack of explanation in the set up. Perhaps if it was properly explained, questions like that and confusion would be non-existent or at the very least, easy to resolve.

Everyone knows the Triggers have some effect. It can be crazy, as long as it fits. Try anything and I know Kaze will say yes or no.

However, all he put in his Trigger was Panic. That explains nothing. Kaze specified some of what the Seers' Triggers do but they still have a bit of creative license as long as Kaze accepts it.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Belwicket wrote:More info on Jack's Trigger. Remember, he's a Seer without offensive abilities, make it work.

I honestly was a bit confused by this question, considering three posts after my initial CS post I saw this:
KazeXDZ wrote:Forgot to mention the Seers' Emotional Trigger, no matter what emotion they choose, allows them to basically freeze time and see everything in all realms connected to the Material Plane. Their barriers also increase in strength and size.

Jack's CS is good for now. Let's see his History and Trigger added.

Thus I thought it was obvious what his abilities were going to be. Are you trying to tell me that I can expand upon that?

St. Blood wrote:Jack's Destructive Tendencies are great.

Thanks. I saw that everyone was pretty much doing Alcohol or drugs, so I wanted him to be quite different than that while still being just as deadly.
The Master of Cheese

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing