(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build IC - Words

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build IC

Postby Vegedus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

The ceiling burst open like an explosion. Debris was flying everywhere, a large chunk hitting Carrie in the shoulder with a dry thump. The shock made her drop the gun. She turned her gaze from it to in front of her and suddenly Drake was one second away from her. She could feel the limpness of her blade, how it could barely move on it's own. She dug her finger well into it. Sidestepping, out of the path the charging Drake. Too much momentum.

SCHICK

With one, simple upward stroke, the head was removed from the body. Or most of it. Half a jaw remained. Carrie's own jaw was hanging open.

“Sounds like… A harsh world.” Dean said, his eyes fixed on the road in front of him, his brow furrowed with worry. “I mean, I’m not sure what the difference between vengeance and ‘justice’ is. I think I’d rather have a world of kindness than justice, but…”

He gave a sideways glance at Damian’s malformed body. Clearly, the man was speaking from experience. He had his reasons for having the goal he did. Dean had in comparison led a mostly sheltered life, he knew he could not relate. He probably did not have the experience to know what was best for the world.

“... I can understand where you’re coming from. Either way, it’s bound to be better than what that black tendril guy is planning, so let’s not squabble over it.”

He suddenly pulled the handbrake. The car stopped with a screech.

“Shit! I forgot about this!”

They were back were Dean had been minutes ago, where the fight had taken place. A ruined building, caved in on itself… And a street erased, gone, only a layer of earth left. The collateral damage from when Carrie had erased Elaine. There was a noise coming from not too far away, like ten pneumatic drills going off at once and a screams on top.

“And that’s the direction of the safe house… Let’s go!” Dean said and jumped out of the car.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Before the cataclysm Drake had always been impulsive. He would jump into action with little or no thought, no plan, no process. It seemed that said impulsiveness had carried over into the creature that now called itself "Drake". It was this recklessness, this obedience to pure instinct, that had led up to this moment.

And it was his undoing

His prey was weak, pitiful, struggling to stand. It should have been easy, his wrath should be sated. His maniacal grin and bloodshot eyes only widened as the gap between him and Carrie had closed. But there was a blur of movement from Carrie. Drake saw the blade, saw it racing towards his face. But he was moving too fast, his altered legs had provided too much force. He was hurtling forward with no way of slowing down or even evading. The blade came closer and closer. The nearer it came, the more time seemed to slow down. The blade made contact with his face....and everything stopped.

All was white. Everywhere he looked there was nothing but a pure, unending white. Drake stood in this vast emptiness. He looked completely human again. He knew this because he was looking at himself from a third person perspective. Drake looked at what he had become, the only sign of the darkness within came from the violet eyes. The "him" that he was looking at was gazing at something. Suddenly there was another figure, standing across from "Drake".

This figure was Drake also, but his eyes were the brilliant green they had been before the tragedy. Before all the death and the loss. The eyes were kind, caring, yet showed traces of underlying humor. They were the eyes of a friend, the one you want to hang out with because he always makes you laugh. The one you go to when the problems just keep piling up and you need to talk to someone.

The old Drake had one other distinguishing feature. Wings protruded from his back. They looked to be made of a kind of liquid metal, and they shimmered and flowed while maintaing their majestic shape. The two Drakes stared each other down for several moments. All the while there was utter silence.

Then the old Drake hunched over, seemingly in pain. He began to cough and soon fell to his knees. Dark tendrils suddenly erupted from his back and snaked their way along the beautiful silver wings. More and more tentacles burst from the young man's body, wrapping around his limbs, his head, everything, until all that was left was a writhing vertical mass of tentacles.

All the while the "new" Drake had ambled over to this mass. He stood before it, looking it over. Then in one sharp, swift motion he plunged his hand into the pillar of black. There was a piercing screech and the world of white became dark. And the young man known as Drake knew no more.

There was a pause when Drake's head was removed. A deathly silence as his corpse stood, unmoving. The tentacles coating the hole he had emerged from began to whiter and retract until all that was left was the headless body. Then, unceremoniously, Drake fell to the floor with a thump.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Damian jumps out of the car as well and follows his new found friend, feeling an aura of dream coming form his heart. Something bad is about to happen-

Wait...

As they continue to move at a quick pace, Damian can taste the air. What was usually a thick nothingness, is now poisoned with a pure kind of energy that envelopes everything around it. No doubt. No certainty. Just a primal energy... as if a horror born of the unknown had entered the world.

Yet, even this all consuming blackness isn't without its uses.

"Your car was fine, but let me show you how I travel among this broken world. Cut out the middle man, physical exertion is for those who lack-" He says as he summons a very jagged short gold sword from his hand and rips a gate in front of him. "-alternate means."

"You were right to worry, yet even in the darkest moments we can all find strength. This gate leads us to the safe-house. If you feel like walking, you may continue. If not, my gate can fit two." He says in a raspy voice, walking through the ethereal tear in space.

The outline of the rip is black with a thin white outline. It crackles with energy and slowly shrinks over time.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Belwicket » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Luna stared at the body, surprised. "He's... dead..." she finally managed to speak. Looking at Carrie, she smiled a bit before dropping the bone swords and running to hug her friend. "We're safe." she smiled, kissing her cheek. Then she got shy and stepped back, her hands behind her back, looking down and off to the side, away from the body, to hide her blush. "Sorry." she said, thinking that she may have messed up. After a couple seconds, she recomposed herself, picked up her bone swords and sighed. "Better safe than sorry." she said, aiming to stab the blades through his heart and neck, hoping that, if he was not in fact dead, if there was a possibility of him coming back, this would prevent, or at least stall, his resurrection.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Dean didn't miss a beat. Without a word, he plunged through the gate Damian had entered. This could be a trap for all he knew, but there was no time for hesitation.

The in between, or whatever it was, was less than pleasant. He felt himself hovering in an seemingly infinite void for what felt like minutes. There was something about Damian's power that was emanating from this place, probing at something inside Dean, his thoughts and feelings laid bare. And then it was over, and he suddenly stood in a building that vaguely resembled a place he had been to before.

"Carrie!" he shouted, just as he saw the body of Drake fall down in front of her. Carrie stood completely still as her wing retreated back inside of her. Dean could not see her face from where he was standing, but he could swear she was crying, whilst watching Luna impale the headless Drake.

"Good." she simply said in response to her action. "That was easier than expected."

Carrie turned to face Dean. She was not crying.

"You're late. We managed without you." she said, with irritation in her voice. The attitude was back in full force. She glanced at the still open rift behind Dean. "New power?"

Postby Belwicket » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Luna looked at Dean, realizing she had seen him before. She pointed her fingers at him, looking between the pair. "You. Who are you?" she asked, frowning. Aiming one of her hands at the wall, she fired off a bone, letting it shatter on the wall. She figured it was enough of a warning and pointed her hand back at Dean. "And don't lie." she added, glancing at Carrie. She didn't know their history but was more worried about protecting the woman than herself.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 am

Damian, already sort of used to blending into the shadows pops back out of them to talk with this "Carrie."

"New power? No, new friend. The name is Damian, and I personally think we should leave here before something bad happens." He says in a deep voice.

Not wanting to skip a beat nor be impolite he notices another person in this room other than the source of the darkness he felt before. It's another woman.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I feel like staying here would not be in our best interest. Whenever you feel like leaving this deathtrap, let me know." He says, fiddling with a short golden blade. "Though I will leave you all to your reunions." He still feels very uncomfortable, like someone or something could burst out of nowhere. This is not a safe place to be.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am

"He's an ally. Don't worry." Carrie said in almost soothing tone, grabbing Luna's wrist. She gently, but firmly lowered her hand. "We're all friends here, it seems."

She shot a narrow glance at Damian before joining his beat. Parts of the ceiling were still falling down around them, it was not a bad suggestion.

"He's... Damian's here is right though. Let's leave. I know a nice bistro down the way were we can talk." she continued with the greatest of calms. "Ought to be something eatable there still. Dean, lend me a shoulder."

Dean had been returning Luna's stare and his teeth were gritted with anticipation. He could still feel the adrenaline from the run. He had expected a fight and the girl seemed ready to start one. Without a word he broke eye contact with her and went to prop Carrie up, before walking out the door.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 am

Luna looked at Carrie and nodded. She lowered her hands but kept an eye on the boys, still not trusting either of them. "I thought I saw him working with that monster when I saved your sexy ass." She giggled at her own comment as she stood beside her, ready to attack Dean or Damian if either of them tried anything.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Ricky cycles up to the building as he sees Dean and Carrie walk out.

Ricky just seemed so disappointed. The silence clearly told him that his monster of a partner is now no longer wreaking havoc.
He looks up for a second thinking, Really God? I paired with the most dangerous one and he can't even take care of a couple of love birds?

He walks towards the limping duo, "Hello there. Have you seen my pet around here? About this tall, not very cute, tentacles randomly coming out its body. I was training him to fetch earlier, but he just started to hop off buildings."
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Carrie gave Luna a tired stare. She sighed, her mouth visibly full of blood.

"Could you please... Just not do that?" she said, sounding defeated.

Meanwhile, Dean had turned his attention to the stranger. His free arm was tense, he could almost feel something metallic in his bloodstream.

"Yeah, we've seen him. We put him down." Dean replied with a fierce look in his eyes. "What's it to you?"

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 pm

"A shame. I liked the big oaf."
Ricky looks over them again. Oblivion girl is tired, still bleeding. Wimpy seems to have a hard time holding her up. Bone girl seems trigger happy.

"I'm going to need some...collateral.", Ricky grins.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 pm

"Not do what?" she asked cautiously, stepping beside Carrie. When she saw the new stranger, her frown deepened. The new boy seemed to be an enemy. Without hesitation, she raised her hands. "You're either with us or against us and right now I think you're against us." she said, firing a bone past either side of his head. "That was your only warning." she growled, really wanting to fight someone.

Risks: Broken Bones (+2), Unconscious (+4), Concussion (+3)   
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am

Dean and Carrie shared a look. They both knew what to do.

"You got this it seems. Thanks." Carrie said, patting Luna on the shoulder. "Dean will help you once I'm outta the way."

Dean nodded, whilst having eye contact with Luna, a slight bit of disdain still in his gaze. With that, they continued walking down the street, away from Ricky, going as fast as Carrie could limb.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Ricky picks up a small piece of rubble, a rock. Tossing it up int he air, looking at it, then to the couple limping away, and back to Luna.
She must have high speed regeneration if she can just shoot bones away like that. Stamina would be high too...it's like Kimimaro...I'm going to have to try and obliterate her...that didn't work in the show...

"Neat. Tell me, what have your partners offered you? I'm sure my agreement would be much more appealing, than the lovers over there."

Ricky imagines turning the rock into a car, I'm going to have to catch the ditz off guard.

Risks: Scratch (+1) Shallow Puncture (+2)   
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Feeling confident, Luna ran at the boy, aiming at him as she unleashed a volley of bone bullets. She groaned in pain as she formed a blade on the sides of her hands, curved like claws. She swung at him, her aim far off, getting herself stuck in the wall. Fearful of what the boy could do, having not seen his power before attacking, she quickly began trying to pull herself from the wall. Thinking she could cut the hole bigger, she slammed the other blade in beside it. Big mistake. Both her hands trapped, Luna was virtually defenseless.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Ricky looked down on the poor girl. He catches his rock one more time, before smashing it the back of Luna's head.

"Well. That was anti-climactic." He looks over to the limping duo. "Not even a glance back."

Ricky picks up one of the smaller pieces of the shattered rock he just broke on Luna's head. He then pitches it at Dean and Carrie, trying to turn it into a a statue in in Drake's liking, with extra tentacles, the size of a truck.

Risks: Unsure of Defense -2 next confrontation   
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:28 am

Dean reacted instinctively. He dove away from Carrie, rolling and dodging several meters away in an instant. He immediately regretted that decision. He was supposed to protect her.

Carrie looked at the massive, incoming statue and sighed. Slowly and deliberately, she stretched out a hand towards it. No such luck. Her power of erasure had not recovered yet. With a roar the massive object crashed into her and plowing through the building behind her. A shrill shriek could be heard over the sound of falling bricks and breaking walls. A few meters into the building, the statue had lost momentum, stuck in a wall. A massive, stone tentacle from the visage of Drake had stuck Carrie with it, driven through a bit under her right collarbone, bleeding profusely. She was breathing heavily, her thoughts clouded. But decisive action was necessary.

A blade was produced from her back. Thin, half-transparent, weak looking. She concentrated. It bit into her right collarbone. Not even able to sever it on the first try. Another scream was heard as it did. The limb was gone, no longer stuck by the statue, erased. The wound was gone, instead badly mangled scar where her shoulder should have been. She would have died from blood loss had she not erased the limb. She still very easily could. Without being held up by the statue, she fell to her knees. She could see black spots in her vision, her consciousness fading. At best she could hope she was somewhat hidden within the rubble.

"MotherFUCKER!" Dean shouted in a gradually rising tone of voice. There was a gun in his hand. The first shot missed Ricky, whistling by his ear. The second would not.

Risks for Carrie: Right arm impaled and useless +3(-2 permanent), Bleeding Out, the last serious wound she can sustain +2 (-2 next) (she lost)   

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:52 am

"Calm my dear boy."
Ricky looks over the situation, I could try and change the gun...but he's far...tossing something else?..ugh, but this is the one I actually like.

"Look at the situation more closely, you're defending weak harpies! You can always bring them back in the next universe." Ricky's smile widens, with a scary touch. "Kill them here, end their suffering, you can give them happier lives later. We can take care of the real threats, before we duke it out as real gods!"

Ricky puts his hand on Luna, "You can create your own reality, I can change reality itself. You're defending a woman that does nothing but erase reality, where's the logic in that?"
That boy shoots, and he'll see the true meaning of meat shield.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 am

"The real threats?!" Dean barked. "You attacked us! YOU'RE the god damn 'real threat'!"

The gun was shaking in his hands, but now from anger. Ricky might well have killed Carrie, at the least seriously hurt her. He had to end this soon so he could go help her. But something about what he said rang true. He knew from his time in the Rebuilders, even the voice confirmed it, that a persons power always was a manifestation of their personality, of their vision. It was not a coincidence she had the power of erasure.

"Who the hell should we take care of if not you?!"

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 pm

"Attacked? Yes, but I'm sure you're well aware of the term 'self defense'." Ricky glances at Luna.

Ricky gestures towards Carrie, "I believe the kill count is 0 for me, and 2 for her. She's also destroyed a notable portion of Manhattan."

Ricky faces Dean and stares him in the eye.
"Remove the real monsters, those that lie to your face about this awful world. I'm telling you the reality that you can't create, the reality that I can't change, the reality we must accept. Will you believe their lies, or accept my offer?"
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Damian, having stood outside the brawl for its entirety, judging it infantile decides to make himself known. Leaving the shadows, he engages the one calling himself Ricky, but not in combat...

"And what is this reality you hope to create, Ricky?" Damian says with a cracking voice.

"A world of violence? A world of purity?" Damian asks one more time, kneeling in the shadows and awaiting a response, a small weapon behind his back held by his one and only arm. Auras from all sides of this fight swirling into his arm. He is ready for a fight- should it come to that...

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Ricky looks over to Damian. Huh, a philosopher now. A philosopher that knows my name. Mind reading?

"A world of clarity. It doesn't matter who makes it does it? If I make it, then fantastic. If I don't, then what? Tell me, what world would you all like? Violence? Purity? or Clarity?" Ricky looks to Damian, Dean, and finally, Carrie.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Damian raises an eyebrow, wondering if perhaps some middle ground can be found with this individual.

"A world of violence does not bother me. After all, without war, without the masses rising up against their corrupt rulers, their rapacious neighbors, there would be no change... no happiness. No, what I wish for is a world where those who commit wrongdoings face their own personal hell. A world... of 'pure' justice."

Damian stands up, sword at his side.

"Was this Drake, your 'pet' the same? A beast that sought any kind justice or direction? No... he followed a lesser, more primal calling. And now he's..." He stops himself, thinking of a good word to use. "Incapacitated..." He follows with, wondering if death is truly possible in this twisted world. He squints as he looks at Ricky.

"I don't wish to fight you, but this farce has gone on long enough. If you truly value your vision for this world you will leave them in peace. If your vision is the true vision... they will learn in time. We all will learn in time."

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 pm

"Time? What are we waiting for? The end of the world? The end of the Universe? Time isn't waiting for us."
Ricky enjoying his new discussion partner, takes a second to regain his composure.

"Hmph. Who's committing the true farce? Those bandages. Your arm behind your back, I mean really, you only have one, we can see you hiding it. Watching from the shadows." Ricky giggles,

"Hypocrisy, the truest form of denial. You will side with who you believe in, if you don't, then you're on your own side. You want me to leave? Replace my pet and convince me that we should afterwards."
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing