(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build IC - Words

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build IC - Night Falls

Postby Vegedus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Morning arrived not in silence but with a roar. The sky flared up suddenly, now with an orange teint, as if an atom bomb where going off above it. A shriek of sound followed, like the whole world wrenching and tearing at the seems. Pillars of ash could be seen erupting all of Manhattan, random parts of the scenery being pulled upwards, absorbed into the devouring sky. The true end was nearing.

Dean nearly leapt out of bed to the sound. Fully clothed still, there was no reason to delay the days deeds after that rude awakening. He swiftly left the room and trotted downstairs. There was a wicked smell coming off him, but he could barely manage to mind. Some other smell was in the air too, something oddly hazy. His eyes fell on Damian again. Today, they would have to do something about him.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build IC - Wake to Die

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Ricky woke violently. As he jerked upright, he looked up. He witnessed the sounds that came from the horrid sky.
He grumbles as he started to get up. He fell back down. As he sat upright once again he remembered his leg.

"Fucking...ugh..."

He turned the rubble beneath him into a wheel chair and thin sheets of metal. He propped himself onto the chair and began wheeling himself over the crappy ramp he made, into the streets.

"I need a drink..."
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Luna awoke with a yawn and a stretch. "Who dropped a bomb?" she asked in a joking manner as she looked at the guys. She then glared at Alistair again. She didn't care if he was awake or not, she leapt at him, over the counter.

If she managed to tackle him to the floor, she would hold him there yelling at him again about not trying to contact her.

If he dodged, she would land on the floor. After returning to her feet, she would grab bottles off the shelf, making sure they weren't vodka, before chucking them at him. She would purposely be missing, though, not truly wanting to hurt her friend. During this time, she would be yelling at him about the lack of contact after the apocalypse.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby KazeXDZ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Alistair created a shield, letting her crash into it before letting her fall to the floor. Her own fault. When she returned to her feet and began chucking bottles, he dodged the near-hits and let the others fly past him, slowly walking towards her. When she finally ran out of bottles, he grabbed her in a hug and said, "I'm sorry. I would've contacted you if I could but my magick doesn't work. Only my new powers. I thought you would've noticed by now you don't have your old magick either. I can't even feel the presence of the Goddess."
Goth boy

Postby Belwicket » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Luna gasped before beginning to cry, hugging her friend. She didn't move or speak other than that. At least, not for a long time. "She's abandoned us." she sobbed and sniffled a while later. "We're alone." She ran from the room, running the way Dean had come from. She slammed a door shut behind her, the bathroom, before curling up in a corner, continuing to cry for hours.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Dean strode forward, his shoulder glancing Luna's as she ran past him. He stopped for a moment and gave a concerned glance after her, then shared one with Alistair. Then, wordlessly, continued forward, arriving at the table Damian was still sprawled out over. He did not look well, even for a guy with a massive burn mark.

"Hey. Damian, you awake?"

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:32 am

Voices swirling, consciousness... unstable to put it mildly. Sore doesn't explain it, exhaustion doesn't do it justice. His body is broken and his mind is being poisoned by a failing body. The darkness within him has faded, but he is still left here... a very faint voice calls to him. The pain is excruciating. He wonders if he's actually dead.

"F... Fuck... me... god... damn... how long was... I out?" Damian gurgles, not even able to lift his head to look around. He flops his head to one side to get a look at the person talking. "Oh." He says. "Where... are we? What the hell... did I miss?" His eyes go wide.

"Th-That guy...! Where is he? The guy that... blew everything up... is everyone okay?"
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:55 pm

"He went gone with the blast. For now. We'll hunt him down, I promise." Dean met Damian's gaze with cutting determination in his eyes, and the hate apparent from his voice. "Carrie's gone, you know... My ally. That black tentacled beast is down for good too, now. Everyone else are wounded, but breathing."

For emphasis, he made a gesture at his own, burnt face.

"You seem to have it worst... Can you stand?"

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Ricky rolled to a nearby motel. He grabbed the key to the nearest room and headed towards it. He sneezed.
Seems I'm the talk of the town.

He wheeled into the room, without closing the door. After munching down on the crappy snacks in the mini fridge, he jumped onto the bed. He pushed the bodies that hid under the covers off and onto the floor. He sprawled out on the cheap sheets as he looked up at the cracked ceiling.
I need to find my friends again. He thought as he drifted off...
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:21 pm

"Stand... that's... funny... I can barely move my neck." Damian says, his jaw and neck cracking at every small movement.

He feels like he wants to stretch, but doing so would cause GREAT pain. He pauses for a moment, and diverts his eyes.

"I'm... sorry about your friend. But I would by lying if I said that this was a total loss. Now..." He says, looking up to the light above him. "Now we are one step closer, aren't we? Well... maybe you're all one step closer. I'm just about dead here as it is..." He pauses. He tries to raise his arm to reach the light, but the broken bones feel like knives digging into his arm. His arm collapses on his chest and he sighs.

"I'm surprised you guys haven't killed me yet. I'm of no use to you right now, and of immense use to you dead... your dreams come true the minute all of your competition lies dead at your feet. I wouldn't take it personally..." He smacks his lips. "And given that my body hasn't completely shut down, I'll still be a drain on your resources... so while I still live, do you have any water?"

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:34 pm

"Good question." Dean replied, noticing he had a rather parched throat himself. Who knew if the water was working here. He left Damian, finding a tap behind the bar. Opening it, some very brown, unhealthy looking water came out, but the stream turned perfectly transparent soon enough. Dean took a glass and a sip himself and decided it tasted well enough. Bringing another glass over to Damian, he paused for a moment, looking down at him, before realizing that yeah, he would not be able to drink it himself. After carefully pouring a gulp into his mouth, Dean continued:

"It wouldn't have felt right to just kill you in your sleep. Not just." Dean said with a wry smile. "I think we're supposed to be the good guys. Plus, there's a chance 'bone girl' might be able to fix you up."

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:12 pm

After swallowing the small but refreshing amount of water, Damian follows up. "Bone gir- oh, you mean her." He darts his eyes around. "Is she here? I don't think I ever caught her name. Ah, but beside that point-" Damian tries to bring himself to a serious looking position, but he simply can't in this shape. The best he can do is a serious look.

"I will not lie. To this point I owe you nothing but gratitude, and the truth is a part of that. I would not have done the same in your position. Perhaps I wouldn't have killed you outright, but I wouldn't have... dragged you along, a complete wreck. But, I'm glad you're not me. If I ever make it back onto my feet again... I'll... find a way to repay you."

In the back of his mind, an itch appears. "Hey. Dean. Your world vision... has it changed at all after all that happened? Your injuries... your friend... what you've seen, what you've felt... has anything changed?"

Bird oft Error

Postby KazeXDZ » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Alistair watched the guys talk as he took an inventory of what Luna had broken. All the vodka had been safe from her as he knew it was her favorite drink but not much of anything else had escaped her reach. With nothing else to do, he grabbed a bottle of Bacardi and began sipping at it. "Are either of you sure she can manipulate someone else's bones?" he asked, walking over to them. "Or are you just making a guess?" He waited to hear their answers before nodding and walking away into the back room. Before letting the door close behind him, he looked back at them. "If Luna comes out before I wake up, tell her I'm back here." he said with a sigh. "I know how distraught she is and I know she'll want to go looking for that woman she liked." He let the door swing closed before setting the Bacardi on the counter beside a half-full bottle of sake. He then laid on the makeshift bed he had made for himself the previous night and slowly drifted to sleep.
Goth boy

Postby tonightscake » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:29 pm

A spark of red glimmer appeared on the new day and with it the smell of adventure and, quite possibly, friendly murder and massacre. As Vincent came to on the second day of his triumphant quest for universal domination he sat up to a swirling vortex of utter annihilation and let out a mere "Day two." before getting up and making his way off the roof he graciously laid in slumber.

He wandered down street by street til he found a lazy river flowing out of a torn up water pipe that just so happened to be next to a gaping hole of refuse and powder. After fully examining the area he found a man's dismembered carcass on the ground with an odd absence of blood. A few steps away there was a dried puddle of blood and a happy little trail of maroon leading down the street and around a curve.

Vincent had followed the trail and after not too long came across an average looking street with average looking apartments and a few average looking stores. Vincent heard the crash of glass a street away and walked freely towards the sound. Upon finding the origin of the noise only one thing really stuck out, a bar with a tacky neon sign shattered in front of it. He decided caution was his best move and shifted into the cellar of the bar. He creaked open a door to inside the bar to see a man walk off with a bottle and two others at a pool table. One was gravely injured and wouldn't be much of a threat. He closed the door and shifted back outside.

Vincent thought he might as well be polite and went over to the door. He knocked slowly three times and stood there with a polite smile.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:29 pm

"Just a hope..." Dean murmured, directed at Alistair, without looking at him. If Luna could not heal Damian, he might as well be dead, he knew this and did not like the thought of it.

"My vision? I, uh, don't know. It wasn't very coherent to begin with." He returned his attention to Damian. "All I know is that I wan't to find the prick who did this to us and..."

Tap tap tap. The door knocked. Dean stood up straight suddenly, surprised. Without a word, he went over to it. Probably Tialla, he thought, she had been absent since the night before. The thought that opening doors could be dangerous did not strike him. Until he did.

"Uh, hello...?"

Postby tonightscake » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 am

"Hi, I was in the neighborhood when I heard a shatter and thought I might as well check it out. With the excess of high explosives in the street and flying men in capsules you can't be too careful." Vincent looked around Dean into the open door, "So, how many people are with you, besides him that is?" Vincent asked while gesturing towards Damian.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Dean's eyes narrowed. High explosives, men in capsules. It was clear the stranger had observed battle from yesterday.

"A couple more." Dean answered, deliberately vague. "You want in? Or just want to stir some trouble?"

Dean looked at Vincent skeptically. He took a couple of steps back from the door, just enough that Vincent could technically enter, but Dean could easily block him.

Postby tonightscake » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Vincent wasn't sure whether he could trust the guy or, more so, the entire group. Whatever happened yesterday was still a mystery to him and he didn't know whether they were merely defending themselves or taking out the "competition". Still, seeing as how he's the first person he's talked to that hasn't tried to kill him since the beginning of this apocalypse, he was curious and wondered if he had any idea of what was happening.

"I might as well try a drink." Vincent stated with a grin as he walked through the door. "I'm Vincent by the way, you wouldn't happen to have any suggestions would you?" He asked while motioning towards the shelves of liquor.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 pm

"Dean." he muttered when Vincent passed him in the door. "You should ask the barkeep's what's good." Dean nodded towards Alistair and slammed the door shut. "I'm a little busy."

A sort-of truth. There was three things Dean needed to do: Fix, or put down, Damian, hunt the maniac that had killed Carrie and find out if he actually had common ground with the now five people he shared the building with. The only one of them whose deal he actually knew anything about had all his bones broken. He spent a long moment by the door, prioritizing, before making a decision. He stomped into Alistair's room, waking him none to gently.

"Alistair, could you go talk to, uhm..." Dean paused, obviously straining to remember. "... Luna? She's a bit out of it. We need to see if she can do anything for Damian."
Last edited by Vegedus on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

"Yeah." Damian coughs up. "I'm not chopped liver over here, Vincent. Though at this point I'm also little more than a glorified doorstop." He looks back at the light above the surface he is lying on.

"Never since the day I had to chop of my own arm just to survive have I felt so useless. I'm going to get that bastard back, or die trying." He turns back to Dean. "And now, it's not just 'my' revenge I'm after. So if you've seen 'bone girl' it would be great if you could tell us. It would be fantastic to actually be able to move again."

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:16 am

Good Morning

An ear piercing shriek rent the sky.

Liv groaned.

Bottles smashing. Door slamming.

Liv rolled over and groaned. She had been splayed out on the second shelf of a stainless steel serving table on top of her sleeping bag. As she rolled over an empty bottle of rum clattered to the floor. She rolled over one more time, onto the floor, and then used the top of the table to pull herself to her feet. LIv slumped over it immediately. It felt like her brain was 3 sizes to big for her skull, and that a cinder block was hanging from a hook that had been stabbed into the back of her head. She pulled a black hair elastic off her wrist and put her hair up into a messy bun before slowly bending over and picking up her pants, trying to avoid having more blood rush to her head too quickly. Partial success. She trudged over to a stool and plopped herself down before pulling the pants on, hopping up and down a bit to help herself into them, which she immediately regretted, as her brain rattled around.

"Son of a fucking bitch" she muttered under her breath.

Finding her boots she shoved her feet into them but one foot and then the other onto the stool so she didn't have to bend over too far. Now, decision time, hydration or hair of the dog? It was the end of the fucking world, why not be wasted? All of a sudden she became aware of a knocking, someone at the door? Then, now that she was paying attention, she heard voices coming from the bar room. God fucking dammit. Well, they didn't know she was here then, which was good. Sounded like a bunch of people though. She shrugged. She had to go out there to get more booze anyhow.

As she neared the door she heard someone say something about asking the barkeep for a recommendation and then a voice farther away she didn't hear. She pushed the door open and surveyed the room with a sweep of her eyes: a whole bunch of smashed booze bottles behind and around the bar, a slim guy motioning to the bar (must have been Mr Recommendation), a busted up guy on one of the pool tables, and a tallish blonde guy at the door (must have just let Mr Recommendation in).

"From the looks of you, I'd say a beer," she called out with a smirk, "Not that you have much of a fucking choice because some brilliant person smashed a bunch of perfectly good booze all over the place." She gestured at the debris all over the top of the bar and the floor behind it as she looked at what was left on the shelf. She noticed a beverage fridge under the bar though, opened it, pulled out a beer, and opened it. Liv took a swig before leaning over and resting her forearms on the bar.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby KazeXDZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:56 pm

When Dean woke Alistair, he glared at him. After a few seconds, he stood and walked out behind the bar, laying his head on the counter. When the new guy asked for a drink, he slammed a bottle of Vodka on the counter. Just in time for Liv to come out. "Boys, who invited the sexy stripper?" he asked, looking her over. "And why's she drinking my beer? Ah, fuck it. I'm getting Luna so we can try to get the hell out of here." He walked down the hall and slammed his fist on the girl's bathroom door once. "Luna, if you don't come out we'll drink all the vodka and sake. And 20/20."
Goth boy

Postby Vegedus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Dean face first showed surprise, but rapidly turned dour. Another stranger, another distraction, another potential enemy. He crossed his arms and exhaled slowly.

"And who the hell are you supposed?" he asked, his voice sounding more fatigued than angry. "... And how long have you been here?"

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Liv pointedly ignored the asshole that appeared at her side out of nowhere, except to laugh as he walked away, and wonder to herself what lame strip clubs he'd been to that had their girls in jeans and sleeveless tees and combat boots. Aw, blondie seemed a bit exhausted, but he wasn't bad to look at, even if he was a bit too cleancut. She took a sip of her beer, slowly putting it back on the bar.

"I'm not supposed to be anyone, I'm me, Liv" she took another sip before answering the second question, shrugging "I dunno, afternoon yesterday? You should really scope out your pitstops better." She grinned, maybe a bit devilishly.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm

"I'll make a note of that... But what are the odds that'll happen again?" Dean replied, still sounding weary. It seemed like more than a coincidence how so many of the survivors were bumping in to each other. Dean theorized to himself the universe was actively pushing them together. He could only hope the Voice was not playing favorites. He assumed a more relax stance, leaning against a pool table.

"Anyway, let's speed up the introductions: I'm Dean, the guy that just left is Alistair, my immobile friend here is Damian." He paused for a second, not sure if that was a mean way to introduce someone. "... We're working on fixing that. And then this guy, which I met seconds ago."

He gave a wave in Vincent's general direction.

There was a distinct smell coming off of Liv, easily recognizable even with the distance between them. And her attitude was rather chipper to boot. Dean had not had good experience with the overly glad types so far.

"You don't seem terribly..." Dean did his best not to sound to accusatory, but his voice betrayed his probing intent. "Upset over the end of the world...?"

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing