(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups open!

Postby BG07 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Name: Jace Phelps

Quote: “You do it your way, I’ll do it my way... that cool?”

Background: Jace has had a somewhat normal life growing up, normal siblings, normal parents, and a normal childhood. He was always a bit of a loner, not necessarily a social outcast but just someone who felt more comfortable doing things on his own rather than with others. He didn’t like holding other people back just as much as he disliked it when others got in his way of doing things, so he simply felt it best to do most things on his own. Jace was a simple person who didn’t particularly have any special skills or notable traits however he was perfectly content with being a bland person. He went with the flow of things, never made waves, never made enemies, and was perfectly fine with being a person without a care in the world. A normal person, with a normal job, and normal life. After the calamity things changed a bit for Jace, with reality being twisted into oblivion there were a few survivors that chose to use their powers to impose their will upon others. Jace would have preferred to keep to himself but could not stand idly by while people were being hurt. Although it went against Jace’s policy to stay out of other people’s way he chooses to step in whenever he feels someone is going too far with the use of their power.

Personality: Even if Jace is a bit of a loner, his go with the flow attitude allows him to get along civilly with most people. He doesn’t care about what other people do so long as they aren’t trying to force their ideals upon him. Jace utterly despises violence and cannot even fathom why such things happen in the first place. He is understanding about other people’s views, he accepts another person’s ideals, however he could never understand why someone would try to force their way onto another person’s way. After the calamity Jace was pushed to the point where he had to break his own personal rules, seeing people abusing their powers at the expense of others provoked Jace into using his in a similar way against those people. He simply feels a need to protect a person's views from being trampled over by someone else.

Vision: If everyone completely agreed with everyone else’s viewpoint, never got in the way of their ideals, and never forced their opinions upon other people… the world would be a truly peaceful place. All that Jace wishes for is that everyone stay out of everyone else’s way, so that everyone could be happy in their own way without ruining it for other people.

Power: Bend not Break
Jace’s power can temporarily bestow complete and utter flexibility unto the matter of anything that he touches. He can bend, twist, fold, and stretch matter in any way that he sees fit without actually causing damage to or destroying said object. The effect is only temporary and after a maximum of 30 seconds the object that Jace bent would return back to its original form. He can only bend objects that he is in direct contact with and can choose to bend chunks of the object while leaving the rest in its normal form. For example if Jace jumped into the air he could bend the air around his body to have him essentially fly through the air, or could even bend a chunk of the air to change the direction of something that was already flying through it. All objects that he bends cannot break as a result of his manipulation, however the individual object’s original integrity is still effected by other outside forces. Potentially Jace could spin a man’s head around his neck several times and leave the person completely unharmed because his power leaves no damage on its own.

Relation: Jack Roberts

Back when Jace first moved out of his parent's place and into his own apartment, Jace had a bit of a 'break in'. Jace was never the type of person to leave his door locked and didn't have very much in the way of valuable items in his apartment either. It actually took Jace a few days to even realize that someone had been into his mess of an apartment. Jace wasn't upset about the lost items, any item that was stolen could have been easily replaced... however what did bother Jace was the large invasion of privacy. He could never understand why a person would feel the need to break into another person's home and felt that anyone who did such a thing must have had some reason to do so. This was back before Jace realized that sometimes a reason didn't exist and that people often do harm to others just because they can.

Appearance: A skinny, pale, and rather unhealthy looking person. Jace stands at an unimposing 5’8” and probably only weighs 120lbs soaking wet. He has wavy black hair that nearly comes down to the tops of his shoulders and he has hazel green eyes. His usual attire consists of ripped jeans and dull grey hooded sweatshirts, complete with a grey skullcap.
Last edited by BG07 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 am

Name: Mikura "Luna" Hoshi

Quote: "If Gaia wishes it, it shall be so."

Background: Luna was usually the girl in the background, writing in her book, a book she refered to as her Book of Shadows. She was always a heavy worshipper of her goddess, Gaia, and usually found a way to mention her in every conversation, even if it was a fleeting, "Oh, my Goddess."

Then the calamity struck. Her whole coven dropped dead in the middle of a circle. She asked her goddess why but never knew whether or not she got an answer. Eventually, she felt as if Gaia had been ignoring her and began to shirk her duties as a High Priestess. She kept her book but never opened it again.

At least, not until a while later when going through her things again. She found it and began reading it. She felt guilty for what she had done and cast a circle immediately, sending a spiritual beacon to other remaining worshipers of Gaia.

Personality: Luna is more like a big sister. If she feels you deserve it, she'll let you fall, then help you understand why. She believes everything happens for a reason and the only one who truly knows the reason is the Goddess Gaia. When someone she cares about gets hurt, she helps patch them up. If someone else hurt them, she grabs her skateboard and her bokken and begins a search for this person.

She also loves to do pranks, though rarely finds time to do any. Her favorites would be the bucket over the door, the hole covered by a rug and, althrough she has yet to try this one, disappearing behind a rotating bookshelf.

Vision: Luna believes her vision was given to her by Gaia. Her vision is to rid the world of every other religion and pantheon so everyone may worship the Goddess Gaia in all her glory. Half of her book is journal entries of her life before the calamity and after beginning to spread "Gaia's vision."

Power: Bones of Plenty

Luna has complete control over her bones, being able to make them into blades, bullets or staffs. Because of this, they have become as strong as diamonds. She can slide any bone out of her body in he shape of nearly any blade she wants. She can shoot out the smaller bones in her fingers as fast as bullets from a gun. Some of the larger bones, or sometimes multiple bones combined, can be made into a staff, sometimes with a blade at the tip if she feels it's needed. Because her power strengthens her already diamond-strength bones, the only way to really break them is to heat it up and hit the weak point, which is usually in the middle of the staff or the guard of the sword. The bullets, however, shatter on impact of anything stronger than steel. Also, when creating a sword, she must pull all the bones from her arm to make anything longer than a wakizashi as her bones densify, thereby shrinking anything she wants to make by 25%. Staffs, however, because of how big they are, must use more bones than are in 1 arm to be of any useful length, and more bones must be added if she wishes to add a blade to make it a large axe, a spear or any other type of polearm, a bastard sword or any large weapon.

She also has the ability to heal her wounds and grow new bones incredibly fast, though not instantly. (approx 30 secs?) She believes this is a gift from Gaia. Because it is not instaneous, she is often without a limb for a bit while she's fighting. If she can, she will hide until her bones regrow, only to get a surprise attack in with a powerful hit.

Relation: Luna has almost nobody left other than her cousin, Jack. The few people she talks to on a regular basis are other witches with like-minded goals who wish for Gaia's will to prevail.

Appearance: Luna looks completely average for a half-japanese girl. She resembles her mother, taking on more of the japanese look than her brother did. She has a chest slightly larger than average and is always seen wearing loose t-shirts and long, flowing skirts. Once a week, she can be caught out in the forest wearing shimmering robes covered in a lot of ancient symbols and sigils.
Last edited by Belwicket on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 24 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:11 am

What do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep? Concept-art for your characters, of course.

Elaine, maybe:
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:52 am

Of course, what else? Also, acceptuuud.

BG07: So it's a pacifist, that don't believe in forcing his beliefs on other people, with a very fighty power? That's a heavy contradiction, especially with the games concept. Contradictions can be cool, but I need to know... What will he actually be doing in the game? Making friends with people? Beating them into the ground with elastic support beams? Or is he in a state of confusion, not able to decide? You should write some more about how the calamity have changed him, what he is willing to do now, so far out of his element.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BG07 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:38 am

I'll edit in some stuff then, I started from the power and worked my way backwards... didn't work as well as I had hoped and was a little difficult to get his personality in tune with the power. Also I saw his power as being much more defensive than offensive, but the elastic support beam thing would probably work too.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:56 am

GM characters added, game description now fully complete.

Postby BG07 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:57 am

Hey Veg I added a few things to the character, mostly just additional info into his personality and background.

Postby Hiroko » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:57 am

Just curious, but are we allowed to have more than one character at the start of the RP, or are we restricted to only one character? I ask because I'm considering joining, but I'm kinda torn between two different characters to use. One idea being using a nihilistic character who would rather cause the end of the universe and let the new one plunge into darkness (because antagonists, wooo), the other being a mentally-unstable girl whose ideal world is to live in an anime world where everyone (including the boys) are magical girls.
The Sentimental One

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm leaning on "no" to multiple characters too, unless there's a good reason for it. Of your two concepts I like the first one better, but the second one could work IF it was played completely straight, including Unfortunate Implications, so it's creepy and odd rather than funny.

BG07: Someone straddling the side-lines, picking sides-with whoever is the least dickhole? I can dig it. Aaaaecceeeaaptaaaed.
Last edited by Vegedus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BG07 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 pm

That's it in a nutshell, thanks

Postby lyca » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

I may be back to throw up a character sheet. this one sounds pretty crazy. [Reserved]
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 am

I think I have a good start on my CS but I still feel I'm missing something. It's posted above. I'll try to work on it more soon.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 am

Working on a CS. Will have it up soon.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

I think I might not have made this sufficiently clear, so a general statement: The survivors of the calamity are numbering in the tens. Less than a hundred, most likely some ten or twenty. Across all the universe. It'll only be due to rare circumstances you'll run into anyone alive that isn't a character, including mine. The world has effectively already ended, it's just you guys left to give it its death knell. The only hope for returning the world to the way it was is through destroying it and recreating it from scratch. Which is sorta unambitious from my perspective, but whatever. I'm sorry if any of this was not entirely clear.

@ Draken30000: Yays! Soon is good!

@ Lyca: Cool! Glad to have you. 'Crazy' is right.

@ Bel: Note the stuff I wrote above. The rest of this "coven" is almost certainly dead. You'd be lucky to have a single one alive. So your relation as it is does not make sense right now, especially since it HAS to be to another character of another player. And you HAVE to have a relation, it's not optional. If you read your description again, you'll note it doesn't have to detract from your character concept of being a loner, however, relations can be many things.

I don't like your power, but I guess you might still be working on it. "bend the elements to her will, being best with earth and wind" is really vague and broad, be more specific about it. And I'd prefer something that tied in with the themes of the game, something dark, bloody or weird, rather than generic earth-bending powers. Hana's power is probably a better example of this than my characters: Creepy, unfortunate implications (the dead going mad bit), ties into the characters goal of wanting to resurrect her daughter. The griffon bit is just really random and not tied at all with the theme of the game, or the character concept.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 am

There's a difference between a griffon and a Gryphon. Sorry, just had to point that out.

The coven being dead... understandable but I have no ideas for any other relations.

As for her powers, I was going for more something that Gaia would allow from her now only High Priestess, and possibly only worshiper if she has no coven.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am

Belwicket wrote:The coven being dead... understandable but I have no ideas for any other relations.

So wait until some more character sheets have been posted, pick one and come up with any kind of way relating to that character. If you still can't figure something out then, there's nothing I can do.

As for her powers, I was going for more something that Gaia would allow from her now only High Priestess, and possibly only worshiper if she has no coven.

I have no idea what Gaia allows or doesn't allow. I'm not sure if you're basing it on real wiccan beliefs or what. But it doesn't matter. While your character may believe otherwise, the power doesn't come from Gaia. It comes from reality being subjective, controllable, in it's current state. All gods are dead too, if there ever were any, with one exception. The earth itself is pretty much a rotting carcass by now.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am

I get that but my character would still think her power is a gift from Gaia.

I have something else that might work. It's not creepy but can be used in a creepy way. The ability to completely control, create or erase inanimate objects.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

That sounds... Very familiar. Search for "Dean".

I'm not saying your "earth" powers can't work, you just gotta detail them more and make them brutal.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am

I'll work on them when I get a little more time.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm

1. Guys...this character....HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAGONS! (gasp!)

2. I am aware he is quite strong, let me know if he needs adjusting.

3. He was fun to make ^.^

Name: Drake Abelson

Quote: (After Calamity) "Tear it all away and leave nothing. Pierce their ideals and let darkness reign!"

Background: Drake was the average first year college student; adjusting to life away from home, optimistic about his future, and generally enjoying life. He had a rather large family, consisting of two younger brothers, a younger and older sister, and a myriad of cousins, uncles, and aunts. He loved all of his family members deeply, and never failed to have a fantastic time in any of their presence. It was during one of these wonderful times, at a family reunion, that the calamity struck. Drake watched in horror as each and every one of his beloved family died, their screams driving into his ears. His younger sister, only eight years old, clung to him as she died. He could do nothing but scream and scream as death surrounded him. Then sweet darkness surrounded him and he fell unconscious.

Personality: Before the calamity, Drake was an easy-going, fun loving, energetic young man. He enjoyed the company of his friends and family, and endeavoured to have fun as much as possible. This attitude sometimes clashed with the necessity of work, but Drake always found a way somehow and ended up doing pretty good with his education up until the calamity. When he awoke from the Voice's message, Drake's mind was shattered. For a brief period of time he was utterly insane, screaming his sorrow and hatred of the calamity to the uncaring vortex in the sky. But something began to slowly draw the pieces of his psyche back together. The purpose that the Voice had instilled in him reached out and pulled Drake's mind back into something sane, or relatively so. Now Drake somewhat resembles his former self. At first appearance the young man displays the traits that he held before the calamity. But, in resemblance to his powers, something sinister lurks beneath the surface. His agenda is fairly simple; kill or break anyone who tries to defy his reality. While his power is great, he is not above using subversion and deceit to get his way rather than brute force. he is perfectly capable of acting benign and compassionate, even if it is all just a facade to meet his ends.

Vision: Drake's psyche was ripped apart and reformed by his rage, hate, and sorrow at the calamity that killed everyone he loved. He is convinced of the fact that a person's soul cannot be recreated by the reality renewing cycle that the universe is undergoing, and is thusly certain that his family can never be recovered. This has fostered a hatred of the very reality he lives in. His vision is to destroy reality, make the very fabric of space and time pay for ruining his happiness. Obviously this vision is insane, and this new reality would probably look more like a world consumed by darkness, where every living thing suffers in the unending shade. In a way, killing everyone else who seeks to reform reality would meet his goal.

Power: Piercing Darkness - When Drake came to after the calamity, as mentioned he briefly went mad. In his madness and despair, Drake's powers manifested. He ripped the interior of his body to shreds, unable to bear the sorrow he was experiencing. When he was finished, nothing but his heart and brain remained, and in place of all else was darkness. On the surface it seemed that nothing had changed, Drake looked the same. But underneath the facade of skin lurks his true self. Somehow this darkness sustains him the same as his human organs and blood once did. In terms of capabilities, this darkness functions as follows. From any part of his body, Drake can protrude this darkness. The forms these protrusions can take can be stiff or prehensile (like spears or whip-like tentacles). The darkness can be sharp or blunt and functions similarly to crystal in physical properties when rigid, or like flesh when prehensile (it will shatter when stiff or tear when flexible). The protrusions are incredible strong, able to support at least one ton of pressure, if not more. This translates into strength of strike, and only the most durable of materials will be able to resist being pierced by this solid darkness. The protrusions can be fired as missiles, effective up to about eighty meters. The projectiles dissipate shortly after impact, but are deadly. Protrusions that remain attached to Drake can extend up to a thirty meter radius, but no further. Protrusions can also have their own protrusions, but these also cannot extend beyond the thirty meter radius. Because of this, Drake can create "appendages" such as claws or wings (though he cannot fly) or spider like "legs" of shadow to scale walls or travel faster. This is an offensive oriented power, and while it can be used for defence, there is no specific defensive orientation (no walls or shields of shadow). Now for drawbacks. Obviously this power is self mutilating. Here is how that functions; any wounds created by the inner darkness heal incredibly fast, and Drake feels little pain in regards to them. However, wounds created by an outside source function almost as if Drake were still completely human. The differences being he bleeds shadows, and his wounds heal at an accelerated rate. These wounds still pain and cripple him (although say he were injured in the leg, he could use a shadow protrusion to walk.), but he cannot be killed by conventional means. He will not die of "blood" loss, nor will having al his limbs (sans his head) removed prevent him from functioning (or growing them back over time). The only way to kill him physically is through a puncture to his brain or heart. Either one of those will end his existence nigh immediately. Due to the unstable nature of his psyche, Drake is especially vulnerable to psyonic attacks, or attacks that affect his mental state. He is powerful, but not unbeatable. As a side note, the shadows can also manifest as clothing of whatever nature he desires.

Relation: Jace Phelps and Drake Abelson's respective families were long time friends. The two boys met at a young age, and were fast friends, despite the age gap between them. The Abelsons and the Phelps would often get together for parties and such, and there was never a lack of enjoyment for both. For Drake, Jace was almost like the older brother that he never had, and he valued their friendship greatly. The young man admired how relaxed Jace could be, while still being able to work efficiently. The two never fought over anything, not once, although this was mostly due to Jace's go with the flow nature. However as time went on, Drake would see less and less of Jace. The loner persona that defined Jace was beginning to shine through, and it saddened Drake when the Phelps family would swing by and with regretful looks inform him that Jace wasn't around. Drake never held it against Jace, and always met him with a grin when he did show up. At the time of the calamity, Drake had not seen Jace for about two years. After the calamity, Drake is unaware that Jace has survived. It is unknown how Drake's broken psyche will handle seeing his old friend. Will Jace be the bulwark that the remnants on Drake's mind clings to, or will his appearance only further Drake's madness?

Appearance: Drake is about five foot ten with short, dark hair that is fairly messy. He is actually quite handsome, this helping give him a trustworthy appearance. His smile is warm and friendly, despite the sinister ideals that lie beneath it. His power usually clothes him in a plain black t-shirt, jeans, and black sneakers. His eyes were once blue but became a curious violet colour after the acquisition of his powers.
Last edited by Draken30000 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 am

Vegedus wrote:I'm leaning on "no" to multiple characters too, unless there's a good reason for it. Of your two concepts I like the first one better, but the second one could work IF it was played completely straight, including Unfortunate Implications, so it's creepy and odd rather than funny.

Yeah, that's essentially what I had in mind for the magical girl character, in that she's unhinged and creepy and all.

Anyway, I guess I'm leaning a little bit more towards the first option now, but I'm not completely sure yet. ...Especially now that someone else has a character similar to what I was thinking of...;;;

Ah, well...in any case, I'll try to work on a draft or two soon.
The Sentimental One

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:46 am

M'yes, we could stand to have some more "good" guys, but I don't think it's critical. And soon is good. I'm hoping we can start the RP next week. In fact, if there's enough character sheets by then, I'll probably start the game by friday next week or earlier, and anyone not done can join the game after it's started. Also, now that we do have a couple of character sheets in, I suggest any lurkers should consider tying their character concepts to the existing characters, like, give relation some thought from the start and then contacting those people to see if they're up for it.

@ Draken: Accepted. The powers are fine, don't think they're particularly OP, granted the general level. Note I have a character with what's effectively a nuke. I wouldn't mind you dialing the "heals quickly" part down, settle for, can heal most anything... eventually, but you don't have to if you think it's an important part of the concept.

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

Oh cool! Interested to see what IS overpowered then XD. If its alright I will keep the healing as it is.

Postby Slipslash » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Name: Jack Roberts
Quote: "Ehhh..."

Background: Dick-ass thief. That's a title that suits Jack..or used to. He liked to think it anyway. Born to an abusive family, Jack grew up the youngest of two. His chilhood was plauged with abuse by his father, towards his mother, as a result Jack has a little soft-spot towards females, though he won't ever admit it. Life in his family only shaped Jack into what he turned out to be before the accident. Thieft. Jack started out small, breaking into suberban homes, and stealing what he could before the police could roll around. Jack had resorted at first to stealing, to support his family, he had neither the skill nor class to get a real job, and when one of Jack's friends introduced him to the business...he soon found that going buy unoticed was something he was good at. Jack, always wanted more however. He soon couldn't settle for simple houses, he wanted more of a rush, more of that feeling he was soon getting addicted to. He soon lost contact with his family, and his sister, in favor of moving to New York with the dream of "winning it big" And he seemed to be doing well, learning more about safe-cracking, lock-picking as he went...until he was arrested for breaking and entering of course. Arrested at the age of 19, Jack would spend three years in jail, before being let out. However his time alone seemed to change Jack who no longer found a need for a petty rush to steal...however. His want to steal, never quite left him as a way to quickly get money in his pockets, it wasn't seen before Jack was stealing again but this time for himself, He had mellowed out a little, but not quite all the way...and he viewed theft, as a way of life. He decided, it would be no different then any job someone could have. There were people who typed, people who wrote, and Jack, people who stole.

Personality: For a man with such an exotic job, Jack's personality was quite muted and relaxed. One thing he had learned in jail was to not stand out, strange how it seemed to apply to the real world as well. Jack was reserved, but not to the point where he did not socialize. He was no bubbly joe, but he wasn't a mute one either. Of course, in itself, Jack's calm manner was unique. One wouldn't quite suspect him to engage in such thievings, given how polite he normally seemed. His calm and relaxed exterior, however, only served to hide the clever calculating spirit of a thief, one who was always out for themselves and no one else.

Vision: Survive. For now. For now Jack seems to be only focused on survival. One could say Jack has no vision for the future. At least not well-defined one. Just like he lived in his time before the calamity, he only lived in the present, moving from day to day, and only getting enough to steal. Sure there was a rush, but most days he found himself thinking more and more, that he did what he did simply because it fed and put money in his pockets. However, one is not to say Jack wasn't aware of other goals and visions. Jack's vision of the future, one in this new world, is a place full of boundless oportunity, or at least one that would be more stable then it was now. Jack frankly hated the chaos. He hated all of the chaos. He hated how most people were dead, and how the people left seemed to be monsters. But. He did not let his hate shift his own view, of a land at peace...or a land that wasn't some hellish nightmare. As chaotic as it was, Jack was sure, this would be abother phase of his life. He could dwell on how horrid it all was, but he'd decided that would only cause him uneeded pain...but he still had that dream. A dream of a fantastic world, a child's dream, of other realms, another fantasy. Strange...for a man with such a brooding past, to have such a child-like dream....

Relation:Some kid. Of course you have no memory of the event, considering how it was just another house. One of many you'd broken into. The guy was messy enough, probably single, down on his life kid. Young of course. Jace Phelps, at least that's what the old highschool ID card said, sitting on the dresser. Who cares, he was just a nobody. Some to steal from.

Powers:

Break - Jack's ability is interesting...he was a thief yes, one who stole money, and valuable objects from others. He'd done it for all his life. But how had he gotten all of that money, and valuables? Jack had always needed to break into something. To crack a safe, break a lock, or smash in a window. And that seems to have manifested into the ability to break anything, physical at least. He can break objects, and people with ease, simply gazing upon them, to turn them into chunks of concrete or flesh. Jack's ability seems to be limited however, only to inorganic materials, he can't break a human's flesh, or any other animal for that matter, but he can break the very bones that make up their structure. And with varrying force. He can crack a wall straight down the middle, shifting it completely apart, or cause a thin, needly crack to edge out. The same applies to humans, when needed. Full breaks, or thin hair-line fractures. However, the large the object, the more concentration Jack needs to break it.

Cut - Cut, is almost exactly like break, both are abilities that Jack has to use on a "seen" object and both seem to rend reality, causing the unseen hands or force to do his will. Where break can only harm inorganic objects, cut seems to easily effect organic objects, and physical alike. One could say they are differeny abilities...however cut seems to be a far more concentrated version of break, the two powers only limited to Jack's view on how his old world used to work. You couldn't take a hammer to a fend and expect it to move, just as you couldn't take a knife to a window and not expect to get cut. Though given time...break or cut could prove further uses.

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Fixed and revamped plenty of things!

EDIT2: Added in relation!
Last edited by Slipslash on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:12 am

General Announcement: So I'll be starting the game next saturday, at the latest. Earlier if everyone is accounted for before that. This means it'll be prudent for any other comers to have a CS by friday at the latest, so you have time to get feedback and correct. Even more prudent would be to have it by tomorrow, Tuesday, as I'll be having only sporadic internet from Wednesday to Friday. Those already accepted should also have their relations up by friday!

@ Slip: Mostly minor things. Something is up with your power section. Either there's a bad copypaste or you're not done.

As for vision, "surviving" if you win can be taken for granted. You'll be a god of the new universe, or so you've been told. So effectively, you have no vision right now, as the vision is about what you want to do with the new world, not this one. The character not being completely sure about that is fine, but they should have an inkling. Or you should, at least. I'm thinking an indulgent world without forbidden desire, everyone free to outlive their cravings and addictions. Or, in the other direction, a world without poverty and abuse? Or something weirder.
Last edited by Vegedus on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Role Playing