(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups still open! Come all!

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

Well it was about time SOMEONE died. Was hoping it wasn't me. But while Drake is dead, something else is living.....

Edit: Bel i'm assuming that what you posted is meant to take place before Drake got there?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

I feel like Bel's been ignoring the OC.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:36 pm

CUT MY HEAD OFF VEGE. DO IT. DO IIIIIITTT

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Well, Bel also contributed.
I think it'd be best to try and include her with the atk. Even though she's not responding to the OC.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 am

I guess, but I couldn't quite figure out to do that either, she didn't really respond to Drake's most recent post either.

And I'm sorry for the tardiness. Vacation is over and various other projects are starting up so I have a little less energy to go around. I'm trying to post at least every other day. If someone could kill off Carrie, that'd help :D

Also
Draken30000 wrote:Then with one final war cry, sounding as inhuman as ever, Drake dashed at Carrie.

Indeed it was.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Well i'm sad that I was the first to go, but at least im not "gone". Also, I TRIED VEGE. SHE CUT OFF MY HEAD!

Edit: Well thats the end for Drake, as well as any chance of him being purified. But its the beginning for a new terror :twisted:

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

I should turn him into an ant ans step on him. I haven't read the IC yet, but one thing.

HOW COULD YOU DIE ON ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:48 pm

IM SORRY THE ROLL GODS HATE ME!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Are you saying a norse god can't even bring someone's mind back from the dead?

What kind of god are you?! :P
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am

Uh oh, Damian can feel the gathering darkness.....

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:13 am

Now there's an uncontrollable enemy.

The absolute energy would be kind of hard to miss. We just got to get in, save bitches, and get out.

Hopefully without being torn to bits.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 pm

WELL i was actually going to let some sort of confrontation between everyone left alive and heading to the safe house go down before having "Drake" get back up. Let some other folks have some moments instead of non-stop tentacle monster all the time XD

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't think there's going to be any kind of confrontation. Girls probably doesn't want to fight. DN probably doesn't want to be outwardly hostile either. Unless you guys plan to converse and wait for my arrival :p

BUT, 2 girls 1 tentacle monster...

EDIT: So I just read the IC. Bel stabbed the thing in the heart! He should be dead. Correct :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Aw...well I mean....that ruins it.......Vege, a ruling please?

Edit: Actually she didnt post any risks so unless someone says otherwise imma just have the body pop up right now and start doing shit.

Double Edit cuz I post faster than I think: I didn't risk death, Bel, I risked mentally broken. Y'all just THINK he is dead.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm

From my honest point of view, Bel seems well within the rules doing this. Which is disappointing. Maybe if someone could contact her and convince her to tweek it? Or maybe the heart's position was shifted?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:21 am

Nope, Bel has no right to do that. Draken is in the right, he didn't risk that, so she can't do that. Even if he's lying still on the ground, and is missing his head, he should still have a chance to react. Either Bel should edit her post or we should pretend she said "attempted to stab through the heart".

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 am

Well allow me to weigh my opinion.

You said yourself in the rules that non-player characters don't require these risks, right? Like, just walking, talking to people or killing lesser enemies doesn't require a bunch of parts to accomplish-

Now that Drake's character has snapped and is no longer considered a player character; shouldn't she technically be able to kill him if she wants?

Just a thought.

Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 am

I'm with Bird on this.
His only physical weaknesses were his brain and heart. The fact he got a god chunk out of his head should be death for him already. But since his return would spice things up, we're killing off his consciousness. The player is out already, Drake should have no control. Now that it's an npc, I suggest...
Kill the thing because Bel played the 'better safe than sorry' card against an NPC.
Say the thing's heart was misplaced. Not the Bel missed, but she was aiming as if the tentacle monster was anatomically orthodox.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:09 pm

I do like debates, but I would rather not fight. However, if I recall correctly no one said Drake was an NPC now. He just cant "win" anymore. But to make the whole thing moot, I will just have the heart have shifted. Easy and everyone is happy (I hope). If there is an overwhelming objection to Drake's "revival" then I will just leave him dead then and be on my way =/

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I think the main problem is that you stated Drake dies when he's either stabbed in the brain or heart.
Then when his head got sliced apart, he only died mentally.
A crazed beast wouldn't last very long against multiple intelligent people with their own powers at their disposal.
If you actually become a mindless monster that can take on multiple players on your own, that also implies how much of an advantage you could've had if you were still sane.

Simply, they're trying to test and make sure you were always on even playing ground. Cuz the thought of you being able to pass up death a couple times, then fighting a few players all at once as a major boss, seems a bit unfair.

In my personal opinion though, go fucking buck wild and rape everything that moves.
Add a new element. When a player dies, their remnants become a pawn to test the remaining. That way, people become more hesitant on killing each other off, they must be sure that once they kill someone, they can either take on the new challenge, or escape with the victory.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Draken30000 wrote:I do like debates, but I would rather not fight. However, if I recall correctly no one said Drake was an NPC now.

This is right. That drake "died" doesn't mean he's an NPC. "NPC" means a player doesn't control it, and Draken still does. We could have done a thing were I was given the character to control, to reinforce the "losing his mind thing" but we didn't, mostly because it would be more fun, for Draken especially, to retain control of his character. And just for clarity, this definition would mean Carrie, Dean and the Wanderer are NPCs, but in this game I sorta act both as GM and player. Any other of my characters (which is none so far), is fair game.

But what I said and how the rules go isn't terribly important in this situation: Since the issue has been raised, let's treat this on a case-basis and make the decision that will make everyone happy. The rules and my instructions only serve to make that happen in the general. That's also what I did with the head thing; I knew his power said it would kill him, but it seemed more fun for it to make him insane.

So yeah, Drake's suggestion is a good one. If anyone seriously objects to him being alive, then he's dead. If not, he's alive. We can come up with whatever reason for him being alive, the most logical to me being that he would have had time to react before Bel stabbed him, but it's not really important. What's important is a decision we can agree on. Regarding overpoweredness, we could rule that Drake get's an ongoing minus for being "dead" to his roll, so that it's clear he's not immortal.

Postby Belwicket » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

I like the idea of his heart being a bit off. Like it could lean to the right instead of the left. Or be higher or lower than where Luna aimed. I only did the hit connecting because, as a player, I thought him unable to move.

Edit: I edited my post, hope it's all good now.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 pm

I do much prefer making everyone happy ^.^. I will accept the minus on rolls, and like I said i'm not having him come back immediately. The way im thinking is, Bel has stabbed the body, but missed the heart just barely. The corpse is going to gestate for a little while, presumably while everyone else moves on to something else, and he will then come back for some kind of dramatic entrance.

To what Tenshi said, a few responses. First up, Drake hasn't passed up death at all, and I never intended him to. I risked insanity and thats what I got. Officially I have lost the game, and can no longer win. So even if somehow it came down to just Drake and one remaining "winnable" character, I would automatically lose (unless Vege or the last remaining player wants to do something different I.E: One final roll, etc). I think the confusion is stemming from the fact that he had half his head chopped off. This hasn't killed him. Essentially he is knocked out, and no longer "Drake". He will now be a creature of pure hatred and rage. This also does not mean he isn't intelligent to some degree. I'm still debating about whether or not to have him be able to talk once the head regenerates.

i'm assuming I still roll for combat and the like. And hell, Tenshi you might even be able to "direct" Drake hulk style. As long as you can avoid getting impaled, you could essentially keep that alliance, if you could even call it that. As for the power thing, I believe I have always been vocal about keeping it in check. I even asked Vegedus if he was overpowered way back at the start of this and he said he wasn't XD.

More on power cuz my brain is going real fast. Who is to say that any of the rest of the players cannot take on multiple people at once? Have we tried yet? Its all in the rolls after all. So far its only been Drake in such a situation and the risks and rolls happened to be somewhat in favor of his set of abilities.

Phew alright done with that, will post once something else significant has happened that DOESNT involve my lovely tentacle monster XD

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

My point was directed at your character bio. Said something like, Drake would die if pierced in the brain or heart, instead he's mentally dead.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Yup that was the original intention, but Vege allowed a change,

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing