(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups still open! Come all!

Postby Vegedus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Seriously, that's the whole point of the risk system. You don't get to kill anyone. The worst you can do is inflict serious lacerations, as they risked.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Goddamit DX

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Belwicket » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:59 am

BTW, Drak, it's a pair of bone swords.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Yo Bel, i'm not sure if you did it on purpose or not, but you never hit Drake. By winning the roll, you won the right to inflict what I risked on Drake. Seeing as I risked laceration, you can do that to him.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Edited.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Belwicket » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 pm

My post leaves options, it is for Carrie to decide.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Right, I'm a bit behind. I'm a bit creatively pre-occupied at the moment, but I'll try to post soonish.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Whoa, this seems interesting as hell. I think I'll poke this a little bit before heading in.

Can I join in on the fun? I'm all for a risk based RP based on the end of the world.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 pm

The IC is only a day in, so it's still like the beginning. I think it's safe for me to say that you can still make a character and present it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah, because I'm actually pretty familiar with Shin Megami Tensei so I think I can deal with the "end of the world" and the people within it.

But I'll respect Veg's thread and wait for him to say whether or not I'm allowed to participate. I'll be watching either way, seems interesting.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:00 pm

I could swear it said in the thread title that the sign ups are open :D. Come on in.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Yay! I'll have to be caught up in other people's experience with all this Conflict and Risk too.

Hoo, this is gonna be fun.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Name: Damian

Quote: "Are you sure? If not, you'll regret every decision you've ever made."

Background: Originally a young man named Alex Sanders, Alex was the jewel of his father after his beloved passed during childbirth. The boy was born with no significant defects and was healthy in every way. His mentality was calm and kind. His father showered him with both love and character, learning early on that this world is not an easy place. Growing in both knowledge and strength, he was admitted to college at a very early age. However, the worst possible tragedy struck him when he moved to New York. Having grown complacent and dulled, he moved into the worst possible neighborhood at the worst possible time... witnessing an unforgivable event. He was captured, beaten and set to die with a trail of fire lit upon oil approaching him as he is anchored to the ground by his arm. Utilizing everything at his disposal, he managed to cut his own arm off and escape, but not without suffering horrible burns and his innocence lost. The leader of the group who did this to him was named Damian. Damian no longer lives and in one last act of revenge, Alex took Damian's name and used it, both as a reminder and a warning to all who knew he was still alive. He never returned home. Instead, he trained... and waited. With the end upon them all, he has accepted this as a personal Call of Duty. The chance to bring the broken world and the broken people within it to its knees.

Personality: Serious. Never jokes, but can take a joke. The will to be kind for the sake of kindness burned with him in that building along with most of his skin. He has personal goals to strike down those in power who he personally deems unworthy and will not be told what to do. Has a soft spot for former parents and those who have lost their own. Finds the only light in this world are in those who would willingly die for others, but realizes that such actions puts the world as a whole at a disadvantage. His own light is gone and he doesn't seek to get it back. Being so far ahead of everyone in his classes and being taught from home, he can't recall having even a single real friend in his entire life.

Vision: To bring everyone to task. Everyone will face their crimes in full. But not for the sake of vigilantism and his own personal pain, but so that everyone will face their darkness and their light. He wishes for a world of twilight where there is no corruption, no lies- from either the light or the dark. A world of full eclipse. A world of Truth where those in power are in power due to their capabilities. A world where corrupt rulers are attacked and killed by the masses they claim to "control."

Power: Power, Pain and Twilight

Damian Finds strength in the constitution of those around him. However certain they are of their ideals give him strength, be they against him or with him. He controls energy that emanates from within him himself that wells from his own personal twilight. This power grows if his enemy or ally has a burning light or a consuming darkness. If the enemy has internal conflicts, he can tear the energy down the middle of the scar and cause rips in both spacial and spiritual structures. Should the enemy have no internal strife, his strength is boosted purely to martial prowess, allowing him to strike down prophets and murderers alike. Should Damian ever truly doubt himself, his denial can be utilized to cause a rip in his own energy's scar, causing massive damage to everyone; himself included. Should he fight someone with a bright burning light, he can utilize anti-matter attacks that smother their energy until it dies. Should he fight someone with a void of light- an enemy of darkness, he can utilize matter attacks that can crush their spirit and will to fight. The stronger his enemy, the stronger his own personal energy and risk to himself should things escalate.

Relation: Being burned alive, set to die and being raised without a single friend to his name; is it a wonder no-one knows him?

Appearance: Average height. Has no hair and over half of his skin is burned brown or black. The other half, Caucasian. Lacking a left arm. Scars all over his body both from the tragic day and from constant hectic training. Lacks body hair and keeps his face in wraps, but the rest of his exposed body is unwrapped. Wears tight fitting shorts that allow for freedom and a custom made one sided sleeveless shirt, also for freedom of movement. The shirt is black, the shorts are red. Has a red denim vest supported by a single brown belt across his torso. Bandages over his face, but his mouth and blue eyes still show through.

Is this good?   

Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 am

Cool stuff. The only real issue is the power being a bit abstract, vague. I don't quite understand what it does concretely, because you write to many melodramatic descriptions rather than specific details. Like the sentence "anti-matter attacks that smother their energy". So, uh, anti-matter, I guess that means he can delete, erase matter, but what is this about smothering their energy? Is that litterally or figuratively? Do you mean he can reach inside people and dull their passion, their mind? Or dull their power? Or is it just meant to be a evocative way of saying "wounding them physically, then killing them".

"matter attacks that can crush their spirit and will to fight", seems like a contradiction. He can use matter attacks, which I guess means creating and throwing matter at them, like rocks and shit, but how is this supposed to crush their spirit? Is that, again, just a superfluous way of saying it hurts when he throws matter at them? Or is the power actually to go inside their mind and psychologically break their spirit, whatever the matter thing then means?

"he can tear the energy down the middle of the scar", what energy, what scar, and how specifically does he do it? He makes use of the contradiction within people, as a energy source or whatever, I think, that's that's the why not the how. Does he go into people's mind and fuck with their contradiction, at which point their body or their mind is hurt? Or does he just point at someone, and they're physically lacerated?

The theme of using people's own ideals and emotions against them is cool, but it's only clear that this is the source of his power, not how he uses it, or what effects it precisely has.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Ah, I understand. let me explain.

The Anti-Matter attacks are basically darkness. After all, in a world so consumed with lack of stable physics, such things can exist. Darkness that consumes and smothers their light until there is no power left. Either temporarily or permanently, based on the power. As for Matter, Light is also matter. Igniting their darkness until it shatters, making their spirit and will to fight non-existent.

The only real time he physically wounds his enemy is if they still find a way to fight after he has already drowned them in his trademark twilight. It would be hard to summon rocks from thin air, but he can summon light and consume it. Matter and Anti-Matter.

As for the scar, imagine someone energy as an orb. If they are evil, it's a black orb. If they are "good," it's a white orb. But if they are neutral or perhaps torn in their path, the orb is black AND white, the two polarities splitting down the middle- like a scar.

Oh, and he uses the scar like he uses his own energy; instead of the energy coming out of "him," it comes otu of them. He ignites their scar, their weakness as a kind of self destructive power.

How he uses his power would be that he has full power over his light and dark, so his orb doesn't have a scar. His orb is neither white nor black- it's gold; Twilight. He utilizes the power of his own twilight through magical means, such as conjuring solid energy into a blade or launching it like a bullet. The longer he fights, the more his Orb becomes light and dark, so the longer he fights- the more unstable he becomes.

Allowing him to sacrifice his own doubt as a source of energy.

Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm

That didn't really help much. You're still very fixated on doing the same thing Belwicket did, which is taking a lot of evocative words (darkness, light, energy) and using the words outside their real definition with no context. Dictionary time:

Light: Particles/Waves that enables us to see things.

Darkness: Absence of light.

Energy: The capacity to do work, for instance, electrical energy, kinetic energy, potential energy.

When you say "smother someone's light" I don't know what that means because people aren't made of light, in the real sense of the word. Sure, physics in the game are destabilized so it doesn't have to be realistic I just have to know what you mean. You're free to mean something else by "light", but then you have to explain it. Their body? Their sanity? Their innocence?

To me, what you describe there basically reads like "People have dark and light in them, and he can turn that against them and then the dark destroys the light or vice-versa (whatever that means)" when what I need is something much more concrete like "if Damian touches someone, he can see what ideals they have inside them. If they have more than one, their body will catch on fire. If they have a good, just one, they are drained, exhausted. If they have a evil, sadistic one, they are turned temporarily insane.".

Can you see the difference? "smother their light/energy", "rips in spiritual structures" doesn't mean anything to me, I literally don't know what the effect of that would be on a person, while "catch on fire" and "turn insane" makes sense to anyone.

You also contradict yourself again:

Birdofterror wrote:The only real time he physically wounds his enemy is if they still find a way to fight after he has already drowned them in his trademark twilight.

So this helps, because then what you mean is that most all his attacks are mental: He's messing around in people's heads, he's not hurting them physically.

Except a few lines later you go:
Oh, and he uses the scar like he uses his own energy; instead of the energy coming out of "him," it comes otu of them. He ignites their scar, their weakness as a kind of self destructive power.
(...)He utilizes the power of his own twilight through magical means, such as conjuring solid energy into a blade or launching it like a bullet.

Which sounds very physical. And really, that last bit is pretty concrete, there you're saying what your power actually does. Now I just don't know what all the other stuff means.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Haha, well I'd be lying if I denied what the dictionary said about darkness. But take it from Shin Megami Tensei and every other major JRPG, Darkness is usually seen as a real force, not simply the absence of light. Hell, in Kingdom Hearts, it's basically the cornerstone behind the entire series.

As for smothering their light, I already gave the comparison to people's energy as orbs. They may not know that they have a light or a dark within them, but he does. He can see the power within people and he can use them to his advantage. Not just mentally, but he can steal their light and form it into weapons and defenses.

Physical Structures would be bodies, buildings, all things physical. Spiritual Structures would be Souls, Light, Dark, all things ethereal.

Sorry for being so vague... it didn't sound so vague to me. :unsure:

Maybe it would make a lot more sense in practice than in words.

As for the quotes and contradictions, I don't really see the problem. He will physically attack enemies, either with his own fists, found weapons or spiritual weapons he conjures from either his own energy or the latent energy of his enemies. The stronger his enemy, the harder to smother, but the stronger the reflected energy. So if his enemy is weak, he doesn't even need to fight. But if the enemy is strong, he will have to use their own energy against them, conjuring more and more powerful weapons, even sacrificing his own energy to form massive attacks.

Make sense?

Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Slightly more, but still not really. I really don't care about all this talk about orbs and energy. I'm concerned with what's happening in the real world, not these metaphysical "orbs" of ideals. I'll think more on this, and you should too.

Birdofterror wrote:But take it from Shin Megami Tensei and every other major JRPG, Darkness is usually seen as a real force, not simply the absence of light. Hell, in Kingdom Hearts, it's basically the cornerstone behind the entire series.
Sure. But you still gotta define what your "darkness" actually does. In SMT, darkness is a spell/force that can instantly kill, especially holy creatures. It's death magic, essentially. Whereas the light is banishment, removing evil creatures from this world. That is concrete.

Birdofterror wrote:Maybe it would make a lot more sense in practice than in words.

Probably. Definitely, actually. Could you give me some example of the power in practice?

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I think its your turn to post Vege.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Vegedus wrote:Slightly more, but still not really. I really don't care about all this talk about orbs and energy. I'm concerned with what's happening in the real world, not these metaphysical "orbs" of ideals. I'll think more on this, and you should too.
Oh, well it's not that important that other people really get it anyway. After all, only he can perceive his own and other peoples' spiritual wellsprings (or orbs) as a form of attack. So it's not too important right away.
Vegedus wrote:Probably. Definitely, actually. Could you give me some example of the power in practice?
Like... what, a hypothetical battle? What my character would do in battle? Sure. Gonna give it a hypothetical story, too.

"You took what she valued." Damian barked at the man, who turns around.

"Valued? It's nothing more than a Doll. Useless, what's important is she learns how to survive." The man says before throwing it into the abyss, never to be recovered.

Damian turns around to see the woman standing, completely shocked and shivering, unable to cope with the loss of her only physical memory of her son. Damien turns back to the man, a fog enveloping around his only arm.

"There is a darkness... within all of us." - "What the hell are you talking about?" Damien smirks, looking at the man as his arm feels a familiar burning. To the woman's surprise, she can see that the dark fog enveloping around the man's arm is actually coming from her! It crawls along the ground and spirals up to his arm.

"You hurt her... made her think dark thoughts. Now- you will see what you have caused!" Damian yells, the mist exploding into a large blade! The man's eyes go wide and he scrambles to get away, the fear and rage giving Damian purpose. Before long, he outruns the man and cuts him off. He takes the sword and slashes down with it!

The man braces for impact, but opens his eyes to see that the black, twisted blade stopped right as his chest. Damian frowns.

"You are so indecisive. You manipulate people and turn them into tools. You have a hollow justification for your inhuman actions, though that does not forgive what you have done." - "No, please don't!" The man pleads. Damian's sword pierces the man's chest... though at first... the man feels no pain. The woman covers her mouth at the strange and horrifying actions of Damian.

Damian turns his blade like a key and light and dark mist explode out of the man, enveloping the area like a spiritual light show. Damian takes the blade out and walks away.

"W-Wait...!" A voice from behind him speaks. It's the man. Damian turns around. "What... is this?" - "The truth. The good you have done in your life, the injustices you imparted among others. You are not a man worth killing. You still have a light, you are smothering it. Let it grow." Damian turns to walk off once more, his black blade exploding into light, but not without imparting a few last words to both of the people.

"There is a light within us all. We are all human. Don't ignore your light, don't smother it with petty justifications. Or you will answer to me." The air around them grows happy and a white mist grows around him. He chuckles a small amount before he punches through the white mist and pulls something out of it. It's the doll! He throws it back to be caught by the woman.

"Stay human. Stay pure."

-------------

That there was him utilizing his powers in a pseudo-combat environment. The man wanted the woman to let go of the past so that she could essentially focus more on the tasks at hand, though that clouded both of their lights. She couldn't bear to be without her child's doll, and Damian could feel that. So he utilized her newly festering darkness to form a sword which Damian used to unlock the man's indecisiveness. The man truly wished to help her, but knew his actions were cruel. He was lying to and convincing himself and it clouded his soul. Damian unlocked his energy and exploded it outward so that the man could see both all the good and all the evil he has done.

He gave the woman back her doll, letting him know it's not weak to stay human and happy. In a real combat environment, he would be fighting against both sides of the good/evil spectrum who tell others how to live their lives- also through self lying. The costs of which would be anguish imparted on people unable to cope with the change that comes with being Good or Evil. Though as you can see, his weapons are both solid and ethereal and be solid or spiritual. Both tools and weapons.

I think I made enough of a demonstration here, but if you want an actual battle, I can do that too. Is my character's power really this confusing?

Maybe I should change it? Though that would require changing the entire character.   

Bird oft Error

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:14 pm

A guy focused on the light? Drake is gonna have fun with this one XD

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:55 am

So Carrie ran off? So much for Ricky's decision on who to blow the fuck up.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 am

Yup. I got permission from Drake to run away from the fight. Feel free to blow him up instead. Or shadow Carrie, whichever.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:14 am

Tempted to blow the men up.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Try it, see where it gets you.

*cough* impalement *cough*

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing