(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups still open! Come all!

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I added to her background a bit about why she can control it so well. Still working on it.

Edit: Changed some of the wording with her powers.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:58 pm

It's better, but still not good. I can't quite decide if I should eventually cave and let something sub-par in, or if I should wait until I'm actually satisfied, which at this rate will be a long while yet. Someone else should pipe up if they think I'm being overly judgmental, I'll readily admit I'm super biased.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Well, the person who could help me the most, not counting the people on here, has disappeared and won't be back for a few days. I still can't think of any better way to explain it.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BG07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Well for one you never explained what kind of 'items' you can form with your energy, also I'm still not sure if letting someone be able to absorb another person's powers would be a great idea.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:45 pm

I still haven't completely decided whether it should be small weapons or any useful item.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Why would you create items that arent useful?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Good point.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 am

Though note that a gallon of dirt is a pretty useful item if you can bash someone's face in with it. I was really hoping the items weren't items, but just boring ol' mass, like a lump of iron or dirt or whatever, given that it otherwise overlaps with Dean's power, doesn't hold together with the theme of energy and (everyone say it with me) just adds to your characters OPness.

Belwicket wrote:Well, the person who could help me the most, not counting the people on here, has disappeared and won't be back for a few days. I still can't think of any better way to explain it.

Has that person actually read the original post? You know, the one where I explain how people should construct their powers? Because you seem to have gotten a lot of bad advice.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I read it to him but idk how well he was listening. There will be a limit on the "items" she can make. If there's anything specific you want me to add, tell me.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:12 pm

He's already been asking that from you... Thats the whole thing, your power description isnt specific enough!

I'm starting to think you're reading all of this is a different language or something
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am

Yup, if you are in need of feedback, go back a page, I did make a thousand quote post of it.

Post delayed due to work, drinking and hangover. Will post tomorrow.

Head... Hurts.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 am

Try to avoid loud noises. This is the part where I would make a loud noise if you were able to hear it.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Asmodai wrote:He's already been asking that from you... Thats the whole thing, your power description isnt specific enough!

That's vague. That's just telling me to add to it, not what to add. How is it not specific enough? I need help! I've improved but I'm still nowhere near the level of all of y'all.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:51 am

In one ear, out the other
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Hana, I've rolled resolution for both of us. The result was 21 for me... And 25 for you. We actually rolled the exact same thing, you just came ahead by your ballsy, risking of death. Kinda surprised you went for that already, but can't argue with results...

That means that I lost definitely, and you get to do all the stuff that I risked to Carrie, a decent fleshwarping, traitorous thoughts planted in Dean and all her lies seen through, if you want. This looks like a segue into a full-on battle, though.
Belwicket wrote:
Asmodai wrote:He's already been asking that from you... Thats the whole thing, your power description isnt specific enough!

That's vague. That's just telling me to add to it, not what to add. How is it not specific enough? I need help! I've improved but I'm still nowhere near the level of all of y'all.

Short of making your power for you, I can't be much more specific than I have already been, especially in the wall of quotes.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am

Hey Vegedus sorry to be a nuisance about this topic, but the risks you posted for Dean, are they risks to Dean, to Drake, or a bit of both. I know the Carrie one is clearly for Dean, but the others i'm not sure. I don't know why I am struggling to get a grip on this combat mechanic =(

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Don't worry, I place all blame on myself for not being able to explain it clearly and succinctly. That's just how game design is, gotta take responsibility.

The risks are purely "to" Dean. Bad for him. You're always risking stuff that's always bad for your own character. As in, if I lose the roll, you get to "pierce" my bones. You get to decide whether you want to add additional risks yourself, or roll the dice. (That's kinda a new rule I just thought of, the responder can either roll the dice or add risks/style bonuses. It makes most sense that only the one who hasn't recently modified their bonuses to decide whether to roll).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:41 pm

I think I get it now. So you can present the things that you are risking, and if combat occurs and you lose, then those things happen to you. I get it.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:54 am

Asmodai wrote:In one ear, out the other

Is that really what you think? I spent time away to improve. Doesn't that count for something? I'm TRYING to make her CS better but I NEED HELP! Don't just tell me to improve AFTER I say I need help. How can I explain it better?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 am

Hope I did that right.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Belwicket wrote:
Asmodai wrote:In one ear, out the other

Is that really what you think? I spent time away to improve. Doesn't that count for something? I'm TRYING to make her CS better but I NEED HELP! Don't just tell me to improve AFTER I say I need help. How can I explain it better?

You havent done or changed a single thing Veg ADVISED you to do. So yes, in one ear, out the other.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Please, no more arguing in the thread. The matter is already settled; As is evident, no one is going to give anymore feedback than there has already been. Belwicket will work further from that, or not.
Draken30000 wrote:Hope I did that right.

Sure did! I'm gonna assume the "riddled" thing is a -2 to next combat, though. Also, the "flung out of window" thing isn't really significant enough to be a risk, you can do that anyway :D. Non-impairing flesh wounds aren't risks, they're just color you can inflict at your leisure.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Got it, thanks! I sent you a PM with one last (hopefully) question.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:46 pm

I'll keep working on her until you accept her or tell me you won't let me in the RP. I did a little more editing.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Ok. Do note, physical energy isn't a more meaningful phrase than pure energy. All energy is physical, really. Otherwise, well, keep on editing.

I think I'll give a fair chance for Hana to react before posting :D
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing