(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:42 pm

You can talk to me :D

My character may be unable to win, but I can still talk and piss people off.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Well, Luna was gonna try to get through the rest of it peacefully.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Well, for the sake of interesting plot twists; if you try to be nice to everyone, you might find yourself torn between two or more different battles.

If you claim to be all of their allies at the same time, you may find very interesting predicaments. Even you may have to choose a side at some point.

Staying out of it is kind of out of the question. I don't remember the rules clearly, but I think it's something to the extent of "Last man standing with the exception of those pleading fealty."
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Well, Luna's the type of girl who would take charge. Except to a more dominant girl.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:22 am

Hey, Kaze, you there?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:52 pm

I've told him he needs to post, he's thinking of a good one.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby KazeXDZ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 pm

That and life problems.
Goth boy

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:37 am

Sorry that I've been awol, but apparently I'm not the only one.

It's sad, really. It always seems to happen to RPs.

I see that Dean wants to find Damian. I'm sure I can figure something out about that.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:42 am

That would be great.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:19 am

So are we calling it?

Maybe we can try a different RP, with fresher, more active members?

Or perhaps we can continue on, taking direct control of characters that other players have abandoned?

Bird oft Error

Postby Belwicket » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I don't want this to die but I think that may be the best option.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 pm

The RP has had longer bouts of inactivity than this, so I don't see why you're jumping to conclusions. I wanted to give someone else a chance to respond since Dean had been all up there, but I can post if needed. Granted, it does feel like activity has to be forced a bit, at this rate. But only because the subject is talking, thing go just fine when there's fighting to be done. The last Ricky incidence is proof of that.

I'd rather find a way to speed things up than end this. I'm half tempted to contrieve a reason for Dean to go half-insane, but it really hasn't been the direction I've been playing him.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 pm

There are a couple characters controlled by other forum goers that simply aren't being controlled right now.

Kaze hasn't posted in a month, and Tuor in almost two months. While I'm sure you've had longer dry spells, it seems really dumb that, even if we're all online, none of us come into here for weeks at a time. We drop one liners for each other to probably respond to in several days.

I would hate to call it, so I won't. But if other players simply won't play, we will need to find a way to work around their inactivity.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm

My character is completely out of the way, so my not posting doesn't affect anything
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Maybe not directly required at this "very moment" sure, but not a lot of us are either. We're all stuck in this stint where we aren't doing anything because we aren't "required" to.

Makes me wonder what actually incites our posts. The requirement of our characters being in the story, or us wanting to put our characters in the story? Why did we start this RP in the first place, eh?

Sure, we don't HAVE to post, but is that a legitimate reason to do nothing for two months? I keep checking the RP section every time I log on hoping that the story moves on, but I don't feel like going back and forth with Belwicket for eternity. (No offense belwicket) There are other players in this story that can "do things" without being "required to do things."

Hell, Vegedus just said "I'm half tempted to contrieve a reason for Dean to go half-insane" Presumably just to move the story along, when an easier alternative to doing that would be having people actually posting.

I don't want it to sound like I want you to do something you don't want to do, but I legitimately wonder what propagates these month+ long pauses when we all visit this site bi-daily.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:08 pm

People lose interest in Rp's. It happens.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 pm

Alas, I know this unfortunate fact all too well. Even mine went kaput pretty early into it.

/shrug

Just know that I'm always here to play wingman if someone wants to stir something up.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't see that being particularly viable, haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 am

I think most people, maybe all, like the theoretical prospect of playing online RPs more than actual playing them. I've seen a lot of people put a fuckton of love, creativity and effort into their characters, dreaming up story arcs and the like, only to fall off the face of the earth the second the IC is posted. Take Hana for instance, who was super excited about this RP, sending giddy messages about how much she was looking forward to it. Then made like five post before dissappearing without notice. The actual messy, pacing-plagued, creative conflict-filled RP always falls short of the concept on paper. Actually playing with other people always messes up the vision you have in your head.

I'm still wanting to do the discussion of the new world in-game, it's an important part of the game's concept, but if Kaze is mostly unresponsive and Bird would rather side-kick than take initiative, it's gonna be a hard sell for me and Bel to carry the conversation. I guess I'll just try to get it over with as quickly as possible, start a fight at the earliest convenience.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I died :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 pm

One of the reasons Kaze isn't posting is because we're trying to remember his pw. Otherwise, he'd post as often as he could. I post every time i see something I can reply to.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm

You can ask a mod about that.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:36 am

Belwicket wrote:I post every time i see something I can reply to.

I'm fairly sure it's a minority that do the same.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:You can ask a mod about that.

Like you?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:48 am

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Tenshi isn't a mod. He's a Gold Member, which allows him to access the gold section of the forum which (usually) is there for semi-public brainstorming of Snafu projects. He gets a handful of new things to do, but he's not in any way a mod.

... At least I don't think so. Regardless, how did he lose his password anyway? All the weeks of inactivity dry up his memory? LOL

Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing