Otaku No Manga RP ~ Sign Up Here!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Otaku No Manga RP ~ Sign Up Here!

Postby Deena » Fri May 13, 2005 10:55 pm

http://otakunomanga.keenspace.com

Otaku No Manga is my very own webcomic, set in a very insane universe where the world has already been taken over by an organization known as Sideways. Now, Sideways still does have a goal: To let the entire world know that yes, they have taken over. There are dragons! There are demons! There are elves! There are evil geniuses(but only one REAL evil genius...you just can't beat Deena in evil-genius-ness)! There is...EVIL PIE! In fact, there's even copyright infringement! BOO-YEAH!

Anyway, here is a list of characters, including ones taken(it'll have a star like this next to it:"*"), on hold(same as the taken ones, will have a "*" next to it), or up for grabs:

*Deena Greenwater - It's me, the crazy evil genius! ^_^ She makes all the money by patenting her various inventions. She has a dock with a large number of warehouses, and that is where Sideways headquarters lies. She also writes and draws a comic called "Otaku No Manga", giving the outside world a taste of life inside Sideways.

*Eek - The almighty ruler of the universe! Eek's the best, beats the rest! If you're to join Sideways, you're 100% loyal to the almighty Eek! She's also psychic, so if you're not 100% loyal...she'll do things to your mind...bad things... o.O

*Relick - The warrior, and commander of the Sideways army!

Siluial - The Sideways intern! She is an elf, and she does a lot of cooking and cleaning around the place, and is generally nice...except to perverts like Laurel. They get punched to the sky.

Linxie - Deena's human test subject! My personal favorite character, all he cares about are his |_||33r 1337 s|<!11z with video games, and destroying Deena's life for stealing his high scores at his home turf, the arcade. Of course, she always manages to con him out of his goals. Relick loves him to death(quite literally -- he's afraid of her).

Laurel - The lecherous elvish monk who's an old friend of Katsu. He wears travel-worthy monk garments, carrying a holy staff, but likes women. In fact, he has his eyes on a certain intern...

Katsu - A friend of Laurel, Katsu is a fox-demon. He works at the same shrine as Laurel. He is sweet and innocent, but tries his best to hide from Deena as she has a bit of a fuzzy-ear fetish. Relick doesn't know whether to love him or love Linxie. She still protects him from Deena's need to cut off his ears and stick them in a jar to love and hug and tweak forever and ever and ever.

Sumomo & Momo - The cute little robots, about the size of a hand, that are basically Deena's pep-squad/happy little helpers. They cheer everyone up because they're just so gosh darned cute. "We love you, Deena-sama!" Aww!<3

Dust Bunny, or D.B. - The uber evil bad guy who wants to destroy the world! Why? Because...he's just that evil. He has a twin brother, who just so happens to be Laurel. Go figuire. He makes a point of never revealing his name, because no evil overlord has a silly name like Dust Bunny. Deena would laugh at him.

Hydro - The ex-Pokemon! He now considers himself a squirrel/turtle hybrid. He used to work for Nintendo, acting for the kid's TV show, but was fired after the third season. Cursing the world in which he lived in, he renounced it all and joined Sideways, becoming Deena's sidekick/mascot. He is currently playing as Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and makes for a very convincing rat.

Hoyru-sama - Deena's pet dragon. He changes the lightbulbs in her laboratory in exchange for a place to crash, as he is unemployed because Lord Of The Rings wouldn't take him.

If anyone wants to make up new characters, feel free to! There is talk of a rival orginization named Verticals, ironically lead by younger siblings of Deena, Eek, and Relick. There are positions open in the Sideways army, as well as plenty open in Verticals. Heck, make up your own orginization! The one-man team, the only team member being a guy named Bob Smith, known as "The Candy Cane Clan"? Sure, why not! The thing is, every character should be given a title; for instance, Deena is the Evil Genius, Eek is the Supreme ruler. No two people are allowed to have the same title!^.^ Everyone will start off at a fairly low rank in the Sideways army as well as the Verticals; keep RPing, doing crazy things like the stuff that happens in the webcomic, and Deena, Relick, or even Eek herself, may come by and raise your rank!^.^

Here is a sample format for your character sheet:

Name:
Title:
Race: (Human, Elvish, -Demon, etc.; if you are a demon, describe what kind)
Orginization: (Sideways, Verticals, or other; if it's "other", please describe it)
Appearance:
Background:
Quirks: (For example, Deena's fuzzy ear fetish.)
Other Information:

If you guys need anything else, just post your questions. Lastly, let's all have fun with this, and remember to leave your sanity at the door!

(EDIT: Fixed the brain fart. Thanks for the heads-up, Relick. lol ))
Last edited by Deena on Fri May 13, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Otaku No Manga RP ~ Sign Up Here!

Postby Relick » Fri May 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Actually, Katsu is a fox demon. He's my kawaii kitsune! You're probably thinking about Ookami-kun from Otaku Syndicate, Deena...

Name: Relick Wasabi
Title: The Warrior
Race: Human
Orginization: Sideways!
Appearance: http://otakunomanga.keenspace.com/d/20040901.html
Background: Relick is a perky happy dragonslayer. Which is kind of odd, considering this hero-type is working for the bad guys. She has been working for Eek-sama since the comic began. (In other words, I hav no clue as to why she's with Sideways in the first place. Maybe it had something to do with the free coconuts...) She has been friends with Katsu and Laurel for many years.
Quirks: Likes killing things, but always asks for the victim's permission; obsessed with Linxie; terrified by Horyu-sama
Other Information: She leads an evil army of Eek-sama's followers. How cool is that?!

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri May 13, 2005 11:10 pm

OOh! Can I grab the L33t Haxxorz guy?

^_^
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Karo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Hmm... I'm still trying to decide if I have room for one more rp... One question though, does a character have to work for Sideways or Vertical?
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Relick » Fri May 13, 2005 11:11 pm

SQUEEE!!! LINXIE-KUN!!! *glomps Rayven thinking he's Linxie* Oops...sorry Rayven...

Postby Danakir » Fri May 13, 2005 11:17 pm

Name: Cloren d'Angelier

Title: Cynical Angel

Race: Pseudo-Angel. Those are the descent of an Angel and a Fallen Angel love. They are considered has a freak of nature by both race and are rather rare if not nearly unique. Seing one Pseudo-Angel is an already rare sight. They possess grey wings that further prove their descent and allow even further discrimination of them by the celestial nations.

Orginization: Sideways

Appearance: Cloren look in is mid thirties. With short greyish hairs, a pair of dull greyish blue eyes he look quite... dead. Not really a hunk by definition he is graced with a rather well built and stylish body has well has an excellent sense of fashion. However the cold and somewhat creepy aura that surrounds him make most people give up on him rather quickly. Other then that he usually wears a white t-shirt with a pair of holes for his wings and a small bloody white wing on the front. Also he usually wear a pair of white pant and white shoes. He's rather fond of the white color, probably an heritage from his angel ancestors.

Background: Once upon a time an angel by the name of Mikhael had fallen in love with Firia whim was a Fallen Angel. This was a forbidden love and the produce of such a sinful act was Cloren the Pseudo-Angel. Nearly the only member of his race Cloren was exiled from birth into a dark and lonely world. Instead of turning evil or good Cloren quickly forsook the cowards that were the one that gave him birth. Walking around multiple worlds in search for meanings he once found it. An angel of pure kindness... who then forsook him after seing what he was. This shattered his soul to pieces. He now work for an organization to forget his past. It doesn't really work but it does allow him to have food and a shelter which is about as much as he ask for in is current state.

Quirks: Quite cynical on everything. Doesn't believe in love, hope or peace anymore. Also has a... fear...of angels. It's not a phobia but it's kind of funny to see considering Pseudo-Angels are more powerful then most normal angels. Simply has a phobia of love now. It's not he can't stand it but the memories it brings back to him will transform him into a nervous wreck. As an unhealty love of kittens. Will kill to huggle a cute kitty.

Other Information: Pseudo-Angels are about has powerful as an Archangel even if they came from normal angels. This come from their origin yet they are so punished and rejected for it that most consider it a curse rather then a blessing.
Nebacanezzar wrote:((If you just did this to keep your guy in the story, you have a very bad taste with when and how to do so. I mean, rescuing us when only a few have attacked.)

Can you feel the irony? *Wink-nudge-wink*

Postby Karo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:21 pm

Is someone going to answer my question? I would like to know if I have to chose a side or not.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri May 13, 2005 11:24 pm

I'll be linxie guy. I'll post something for him tomorrow.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Dorian » Fri May 13, 2005 11:24 pm

Damn it! I wanted to be Linxie!

All right, i'll take Katsu. Now, seeing as it's your character, i'm kind of hesitant about making a character sheet. What do you want me to do? Just make up what you didn't already state?
Never asked for this

Postby Deena » Fri May 13, 2005 11:28 pm

One more thing; the name of the town this is set in is Arcadia. ^_^

Go ahead, Hasegawa. ^_^ I'll make his character sheet for ya:

Name: Linxie Gigabyte
Title: The Lab Rat
Appearance: Blond spikey hair with red tips, brown eyes, about 6 feet tall
Background: His father is a computer scientist and has such a big obsession with technology that he changed his last name to Gigabyte. Linxie shares his father's obsession to a certain extent; he plays video games like a madman. He is extremely good at them, and had become the king of the Arcadia Arcade. The only person who has managed to defeat him is Deena. After she beat all of his high scores in the arcade, he vowed to take revenge on her and broke into her laboratory. He failed miserably, but Deena hired him as a test subject for her experiments(she is an evil genius after all). He is also forced to do housework such as cleaning, laundry, and taking out the trash. Siluial, or Sil-chi, does the cooking, so he doesn't have to.
Quirks: Loves video games to a point where it's unhealthy; he will do whatever it takes to win, and trains his skills like one would train themselves for the Olympics.
Other Information: Linxie doesn't trust Deena, but goes along with her plans anyway. He's determined to beat Deena, but she is his boss, so if he wants to get paid(and he really does want to get paid), he has to listen to her and do her bidding.

Deena's 18, by the way. I'll put up her character sheet later. Feeling kinda sleepy now. :zzz:

I'll make a sheet for you if you want, Dorian.^.^ Or if you read the webcomic, you can get a feel for his character.:3

Karo, to answer your question, you don't have to be either, go ahead and be your own rival orginization...or an angry boatman...or whatever.XD I already wrote this in the first post; skim through it, it's there. ^_^

Postby Lord and Master » Fri May 13, 2005 11:33 pm

Has any body taken the part of Katsu. if not can i be that character.
Shockro wrote:Theme song
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he'll be there on the double.
Lord and Master, he's the one! Who will be shunned in the great land of fun.
Repeat**
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he will be there on the double

Postby Dorian » Fri May 13, 2005 11:34 pm

You can make it if you want. I read the comic but it was hard to derive a character from his limited apperance. I'd feel more comfortable if you did it.

If you don't mind, that is.
Never asked for this

Postby Karo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:40 pm

Name: Akara Sumika
Title: The Renegade
Race: Renegade Angel
Orginization: None
Appearance: Has black hair and blue eyes with white wings. Her wings are normally coated with a layer of dust though, because she doesn't polish them inessecantly like the other angels did when she was still among them. She's about 5'5" with a wingspan as large as she is tall. Her feathers are rather unkept, which causes her to run into random objects. Wears black pants with a red tanktop and a black trenchcoat, obviously cut with holes for her wings.
Background: Akara used to be a guardiam angel until the child she watched over died in a fire. "It was the girl time to go" God told her, but she wouldn't accept that. She felt she had failed, and exiled herself to earth to live as a renegade.
Quirks:Hates cleaning. Despises it with a passion. Says "Nani?" When she's confused.
Other Information: Likes to make sarcastic remarks when someone says something stupid.
0_o I haven't rped as an angel for a while ^_^ Thanks for giving me that idea Danakir. Though my char is really more based off of my very first character here, who was Karo.
Last edited by Karo on Mon May 16, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lord and Master » Fri May 13, 2005 11:40 pm

Should i read the manga before i sign up or should I wait for Deena
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he'll be there on the double.
Repeat**
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he will be there on the double

Postby Deena » Fri May 13, 2005 11:41 pm

Name: Deena Greenwater
Title: Evil Genius
Appearance: http://otakunomanga.keenspace.com/d/20040715.html; Deena is the girl with the blue hair in the middle; she is usually wearing a black turtleneck and a pair of blue jeans
Background: Her best friend is Eek, and she has known her since they were fairly young. She also knew Linxie when they were in kindergarden, but only for a week or so before they found out she was extremely gifted. She became filthy rich inventing things and patenting them, and since Eek wanted to rule the world, and Deena had the money but lacked the ambition, they formed a team called Sideways and went ahead with it.
Quirks: Deena likes fuzzy animal demon ears, and has a tendency to whip out a butcher knife(from the Alternate Universe Pocket(TM) that all females in anime/manga/anime-manga spoofs seem to have) at any sign of fuzzy fox/cat/dog/wolf/etc. demon ears. She also has a tendency to lock herself in her laboratory and shout obscenities while making loud crashing noises. Nobody knows what goes on in her lab during these moments; nor do they really want to know.
Other Information: Deena likes evil pie. What's evil pie? Choc' full o' evil o'course! lol

Basically, ONM's all about silly crazy fun, where you make up the wierdest and most fun character and have them interact with other wierd/fun characters. Like I said; leave your sanity at the door. ^_^

Postby Lord and Master » Fri May 13, 2005 11:44 pm

So should i just make a character as crazy as can be
Repeat**

Postby Deena » Fri May 13, 2005 11:49 pm

Karo and Danakir are accepted! ^_^ Katsu's really Relick's character, and she'll post his sheet up since she knows him better. ^_^

Hasugawa, still want to be Linxie? Or should I give the job to Katsu? Remember, if you want to be perverted, Laurel's the best way to go. If you want to think you're a serious character(in this RP, NOTHING is serious, it's all comedy so don't even think about dramaXD), then go with Dust Bunny; just be prepared because once Deena finds out your name, she WILL laugh at you.XD

Lord, I suggest you read the manga to understand the RP better. It's only about 20 pages of actual comics, anyway, so it's not too hard. ^_^

Postby Lord and Master » Fri May 13, 2005 11:52 pm

thanks ^_^ i'll do that
Repeat**

Postby Danakir » Fri May 13, 2005 11:53 pm

Actually exagerated drama can be funny but I'll go by your rule here.

Thanks by the way.
Nebacanezzar wrote:((If you just did this to keep your guy in the story, you have a very bad taste with when and how to do so. I mean, rescuing us when only a few have attacked.)

Postby Karo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 pm

Yay! And now to finish my evil scheme of conquring the forums with my devilish cuteness and hard-working responibility. *laughs manically* 0_o did I say that out loud???

Postby Danakir » Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 pm

*Hides from evil angel*

Please don't kill me... ;_;

Postby Karo » Sat May 14, 2005 12:06 am

XD I don't kill people. My angel is a total klutz. Not to mention she's pretty scatterbrained. But she can end up saying the right thing at the right time without realising it. lol
Oh, by the way. Awsome comic Deena. I might end up making your site my second home. This of course, being my first.

Postby Deena » Sat May 14, 2005 12:10 am

I'm gonna put up a new set of forums on ONM's website whenever I get my computer fixed and I can start updating again. (I already have a PHPBB place set up, just need to get it tweaked a bit.) My scanner and my computer aren't working together very well, and the one I'm on right now can barely handle forum surfing.T.T

Actually exagerated drama can be funny but I'll go by your rule here.

That's basically Dust Bunny in a nutshell. lol

Postby Karo » Sat May 14, 2005 12:11 am

lol lol lol Dust bunnies are fun.

Postby Deena » Sat May 14, 2005 12:19 am

Exactly! But 1337 |-|4><0rz are also fun.XD Whoever plays Linxie must be able to speak 1337sp34k fluently. It's a requirement.XD

Okay, let's get this straight; who wants to be Linxie, and after Relick posts Katsu's character sheet, who wants to be Katsu? What surprises me is nobody asked to be Laurel.XD Oh, whoever wants to be Laurel, I'm gonna PM you with some secret stuff. Laurel's got quite a personality. ;)

Next

Return to Role Playing