Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom IC - Upon Crossroads.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom IC - Upon Crossroads.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 pm

-Zha'Gren-

Thoughts and plans swirling in his mind like wildfire, threatening to drown on anything else, raged in the darkspawns head at the idea of the bloodshed to come. But there was more to just that simple thought line, he realized, as the images in his head continued to depict him bowing to the female elf. A strong leader capable of unleashing her power for the good of... what? That question was still in the air for now but it was evident atleast that she cared for the well being of humans and elves and such. Zha'Gren would butcher every last man who wielded a blade against him without the slightest twinge of guilt, why should he? No, he came to realize, he fought along side her simply because of what she stood for.
Darkspawn were a tidal wave of destruction and power capable of sweeping every creature but themselves from the planet like a plague, and all were capable of bringing even more enormous monsters to their aid to snuff out the light of those willing to protect themselves. Valmyria Windstrider was throwing herself at the strongest creatures in existence. That alone would make him follow. That alone would sustain his urge to cut her throat and take her head as a trophy.

In Valmyrias path would be the strongest. In Valmyrias wake would be their shredded remains!

All these thoughts danced in the hunters mind and played in his eyes as the elf strode out of the room to ready herself for the fight. Now it was just Zha'Gren and the other wood lover whom he gave nothing more than a casual nod and a low growl as he spoke. Already the fool seemed to think of themselves as something along the lines of allies..? That would need to change. Azreal was well trained but he was relaxed from the way Val had spoken and likely wouldn't expect anything from Zha at the moment. Wrong.

Reflexes were nothing compared to the hunter. No amount of practice could ready a person when he pounced! Both hands grabbed Azreals shoulders with a grip of solid iron, pulling him away from the door and slamming him hard enough into the wall to crack the wood and take the breathe from his lungs while Zha'Gren placed his hand on Azreals throat, the other pulled off the bone mask that hid his face to reveal the twisted features of the greatest killer in history. A creature that had come to be known in childrens stories as something akin to the grim reaper.
Zha'Grens growl could be felt in a persons bones, his lower jaw splitting apart to reveal his sharpened teeth and flicking tongues. With that warning clear, the hunter replaced his mask and let go of Azreals throat. Moments later he was gone. lost in the dark alleys.

The warning growl was clear enough. Zha'Gren wasn't going to play nice. Azreal shouldn't either.

-Marcus Hammerstrike-

Coming soon!

Postby Sigment » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:34 am

Azreal Demian - The Pet Needs A Leash

He should've known. In his like of work, betrayal was nothing new. So why the hell did he let his guard down? Why did he give the damn 'Spawn a chance to put him down? It's face was as hideous as they come, and his title began to make more sense now. With its hand on his throat, he figured it would just kill him. But instead, it growled, let go of him, and was gone before he could strike back.

Azreal sat up for a moment, pondering what just happened. It was pretty damn obvious that that was a response to his saying he would "play nice" if...

"Well, I'd say that counts as something funny..."

He knew what it was saying now. There was no reason to get buddy-buddy here. Fine. Not like he actually planned on being friendly to the thing, anyway. Azreal liked it better when he had a reason to keep looking over his shoulder. It kept him alert, kept him alive. He had only ever fought maybe a few 'Spawn here and there for money. It would be interesting to see whether or not there was more to that one than the show it had just put on.

No matter. There was still a Keep that needed cleaning. Azreal got up, and felt something wet hit his arm. Blood. It seemed that the impact hit him harder than he thought. He wiped his mouth, cracked his neck to the left, then the right, then started making his way to the rendezvous point.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:58 pm

A Dwarf's request - QUEST ACTIVATED: Teelo, Zasalim, and Connor
Orzammar - Dwarven Palace

Glacier wrote:"An ancient and powerful scroll came into my possession. One that once belonged to the Magisters of the Tevinter Imperium. It "told" me of this thaig. This is a quest I embark upon warily, but I embark none the less. Certainly THEY do not posses more knowledge of your past than you, your Majesty"

"Of course not," said the King as he quickly raised his hand in dismissal. Morrgain grinned under her cloak. Zasalim had played his hand well with this by stroking the legendary ego of the dwarven race.

"You must understand though," said the King as he realized his own fault in the making and was quickly attempting to back track. "Our civilization was fragmented back from the time the Darkspawn first emerged. Our history is a long and detailed one, some with parts missing, and our Shapers are eagerly working to recover it. Tell me, did you being this scroll with you? Our Shapers and historians would be very interested to examine it."

A Templar in Hiding - QUEST COMPLETED: Deacon
Lothering Keep

Sigment wrote:"With respect, sir... I am not sure that we have the manpower for that task. Given what the Warden-Commander is capable of, if she wanted to leave, I am doubtful that we would be able to prevent her from doing so with sheer force." It wasn't just pointless worrying. She didn't get where she was due to her looks. She was a capable warrior. Add to that, the gauntlet she possessed, and she would have no trouble tearing through an armed guard to leave the city. "It may not be best to antagonize her. Doing so may only play into the Teryn's plans. As you said, Messere, he is a powerful manipulator of men."

"There's not much choice in the matter," replied the Arl as he sat down back behind his desk and leaned back in the chair. "I wish there was, believe me. The new Warden-Commander is a ally in this perilous time, and we need all the support we can get at this time. But we also need to understand what has happened. We need to know what shard of truth the Teryn used and she is one of the few that is able to provide that knowledge."

The Arl paused and looked at the papers at his desk. "If she is unwilling to do so, we can contain her. We have enough mages still we can do that and extract the truth if we need. If she happens to die, well, there are enough Wardens to replace her and still keep an alliance with the other Wardens. After all, she is only one woman."

Sigment wrote:"Your Grace, the child I mentioned had been by my side during the Battle of Redcliffe, and she was there when you and I met after the battle. I lost track of her after we arrived in Lothering. Are you sure that you do not remember her?"

The Arl shook his head. "I am sorry, Deacon, but I do not recall such a child. I can have guards search for her if you would like. But once we established camp and assumed duties, information and refugee management was delegated to several camp directors instead of me so we can focus on our counter strike and war."

A knock at the door interrupted the two men and a messenger appeared and handed a letter to the Arl. He took it, and a moment after reading its contents, frowned and leaned back into his chair. "Now, it would seem as if someone has been assassinating targets all over Lothering."

Postby Glacier » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Zasalim harnessed a sense of amusement watching the King of the Dwarves react to his blatant goading. However the king began to regain his composure and speak more calmly. Clearly this would be a hard nut to crack, but the Quel'Elhan mage felt up to the challenge set before him. The King was obviously hiding something and Zasalim was determined to figure it out. He just needed to find another angle which to apply pressure. After a bit of back tracking from King Aeducan it would appear that the ball was back in his court, and he had just the return in store to put things back in his favor.

"Alas the scroll is no longer in my possession your majesty. It was lost to me during a collapse of one of my peoples ruins I was using at the time.... It is truly unfortunate that such giant wholes exist in your extensive knowledge base. I figured your shaperate to be more informed on the subject, but I guess my faith was misplaced. None the less, I would like to help by recovering this forgotten thaig; With your permission and possibly your assistance of course.. Then you all could research that which was lost to your people as much as you so desire." he said to King Khadgar.

The young mage was watching him intently for a favorable reaction and preparing to cast if he deemed it necessary. It wasn't wise to poke at a king in his own palace, surrounded by his own people, but there was a bit of a thrill in this type of exchange. He reveled in seeing just how much he could get away with in this way before he truly angered him. The Dwarven berserker was renowned all over Thedas for their fury on the battlefield and insatiable rage.

Postby Scrambles » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:40 pm

-Drunken Laments-

The finest ale at the Grey Fox turned out to be no better then any other backwater tavern to Isador’s disappointment. He had emptied three mugs of it regardless and had called for a fourth from Roland but the wave of inebriation did not drown out the random sparks of lost memories as he had hoped. Memories reassembled in Isador’s shattered mind every day. Without Lyrium to stabilize his condition Isador could not stop the flood of memories trying so desperately to remind him of who he used to be. Sometimes a single memory came tied with a hundred others. So came the memory of the song Isador heard coming from his new weapon.

A joyful tune hung through the corridor as Isador made his rounds on the 10th floor of the Tower. The blissful cadence was enchanting to the young Templar. Without really realizing what he was doing Isador found himself following the song to its source. His curiosity brought him to the living quarters of the younger, female mages. The mageling, made aware of Isador’s presence by the rustling sounds of his armor, jumped in her seat upon the windowsill.

“Sorry me Ser! I didnt mean-”

Isador raised a hand to interrupt the young mage. “Please lass.....do not stop on my account. Your voice is a blessing from the Maker. I would love to hear more.” He smiled and the young girl slowly smiled back. The young Templar listened to the joyful melody with eyes closed and heart open. It felt as if hours had past in mere moments. The hymns beauty was only broken by a loud throat clearing.

“Ser Isador, Are you quite finished entertaining this layabout while she skips her lessons?” Knight-Captain MacCullen was a stern man and held no love for mages. Like many Templars Isador served with the Knight-Captain believed that mages were simply abominations waiting to break loose and wreak havoc.

“Apologies Knight-Captain!” Isador said while giving his most formal salute. “I will see to it that she returns to her instructors immediately.”

“See that you do, Templar.” MacCullen replied. He gave another look at the young girl, grinned, and proceeded down the hall.

“Come now, we best get you to your lessons.” Isador proclaimed with a kind smile and an outstretched hand. The young mageling seemed frightened at first but Isador’s demeanor won her over and soon the two were walking hand in hand down the stone corridor.

“Why do you not attend your lessons, young one? Are they too difficult?” Isador asked.

”No Ser.....I actually do quite well in my studies....” the young mage replied.

“Than why do you cut class?”

The young mage blushed slightly. “My mother wanted me to be a singer like her....”

Isador laughed softly. “She must have had the voice of Andraste herself if you inherited her gift of song.” He looked to the young girl and she laughed with him. They walked the halls for a few minutes. Talking of the tower and the girls lessons before they finally reached their destination. The instructor was mid lecture and didn't notice the pairs entrance.

Isador knelt down and placed a hand on the girls shoulder. “Can you promise me you wont miss your lessons again?” She nodded with a smile.

“Good, and you’ll have to sing for me again in the future. May I ask for your name?”

“Jeni me Ser.”

“A wonderful name. You may call me Isador. No need for formalities between friends. Now, off to lecture with you.” He said as he sent her off to an empty seat.

Isador took another drink from his mug and found it had a slightly saltier taste than before. The reaver put a hand to his cheek to find that he had been weeping while his mind wandered. What a sight I must be, weeping alone with drink in hand. He thought as he wiped away the tears and cleared his throat.

“Roland.” He called out

“Another round?” The portly tavern keeper replied.

“One last drink.” He placed a a few pieces of silver on the bar.

“This one is on the house. You did save my nephews life after all.” Roland pushed the silver back towards Isador as he placed a filled mug in front of him.

“Roland I told you it wasnt just-”

“I’ll have no more of your humble talk me Ser. I knew you was a goodly man when you first walked in my front door. The boy looks up to you and you didn't disappoint him. To me that alone earns you a free pint.” Rolund brought out another mug and poured himself a drink.

“Now. Clearly something is troubling you me Ser and as a respectable tavern keeper I am obliged to ask what is on your mind.

Isador couldn't help but smile at Roland’s kind gesture. The two clinked mugs together and Isador spoke of his time in the circle tower. And of course his time with Jeni.

Postby Sigment » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Deacon Reinhardt - No Rest for the Wicked

"I..." Deacon couldn't help but be bothered by the cold-hearted nature of the Arl's response. While it was understandable how desperately the man desired a reason for the loss of his home and his people, did that really excuse the willingness to so readily forfeit another's life in search of that? Regardless, the Arl's mind had been made up, and Deacon knew he wouldn't change it easily. "I understand... But if I'm not out of line to ask, Messere, I would prefer to avoid participating in that assignment." His eyes filled with sorrow with the reminder of what he had done to Gregor. "I've hurt enough people I care about for one day..."

There was also the Arl's inability to remember the child, suggesting that guards search for her if possible. She was right there... next to him when they met. How could he not remember such a face? In that moment, Deacon felt a slight pain in his head, the cause of which he could not determine. His eyes closed as he brought his hand up in response to to the pain. "There's... no need for that, Messere. I'll look for her when I can."

The message speaking of assassinations caught Deacon off guard. With survivors of Redcliffe edgy enough as it was, this was not something that would help the situation. "Assassinations...? Does it say who the targets were? Could the Teryn be behind this?" He couldn't shake the feeling. It would make sense if Cousland was targeting people in the city, while survivors were still weary from the battle. Tired as he may be, Deacon would not sit idly by and let people die.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:14 am

A Templar in Hiding - QUEST COMPLETED: Deacon
Lothering Keep

"No, you are dismissed," replied the Arl with a wave of his hand. "We'll handle the issue on our own."

A Dwarf's request - QUEST ACTIVATED: Teelo, Zasalim, and Connor
Orzammar - Dwarven Palace

Morrgain wathced the King out of the corner of her eye as she pretended to pay attention to the servants bringing more food in. Typical Dwarf fashion, it was mostly meat and bread. Something that caused her to grimace at. How a subterranean race could thrive off such a horrid amount of protein and bread, she'd never know. Sort of begged the question as to why dwarves were so short...

The Guardian snapped her train of thought back on track and looked more directly at the King. A single glance was all it took as her gaze swept across the room. The Dwarven King was thinking, remarkable considering that he was related to the imbecile that held the throne before him. His face was scrunched up as if in deep thought, but Morrgain could tell that he moved when he reclined back and looked up at the ceiling.

"That is an unfortunate situation, Master Mage," replied the Dwarven King. Morrgian could tell by tone alone that he didn't really care. "I might be able to assist with such an expedition. But first, what did the scroll say was in the thiag?"

The King sat up and looked directly at Zasalim. "I don't much care for assaulting a thaig, potentially full of darkspawn for some broken pottery and dusty books. I also find it odd that a Quel'Elhen Elf such as yourself would be so willing to venture down here for the sake of opening up such a place unless there was some sort of gain. So, tell me, elf, what's in the thaig?"

Postby Glacier » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:55 pm

"My my, you're quite sharp your magesty, but I see no point in divulging my personal motivations for this journey. I'm simply insatiably curious to find out what's down there myself. If it were just more darkspawn or some dusty books and old pottery; the thaig wouldn't be sealed shut from the inside. Something ancient and very powerful resides within. Of that I'm quite certain your highness. However much I'd appreciate your assistance though, the aid you could provide is not a necessity in this matter. There are a number of passages that lead into the deep roads and your denizens on the surface are motivated well enough by the presence of substantial coin. I merely thought it a courtesy to inform you of my actions and try to have your support in this endeavor, but it seems I've been mistaken. We'll be taking our leave after the bath and shall not bother you further in this matter." Zasalim said.

He did not wish to continue this futile effort any further. The King was for the most part unwilling or unable to cooperate or truly aid them in entering the thaig. The next stop was the shaperate to see for themselves if the dwarven scholars had any knowledge on this thaig. If nothing else he could return to the deeps for the remains of his fallen grey warden comrades and finally be done with this place.

Previous

Return to Role Playing