Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom IC - Upon Crossroads.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom IC - Upon Crossroads.

Postby Sigment » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 am

Deacon Reinhardt - Templars in Hiding

Deacon listened as the Knight-Commander spoke. He could hear the anger in his voice towards their audacity to ask such a thing of the Chantry, being two men who had left the Order. Though Deacon had had little interaction with the man in his former days, he knew him to be a man to take threats seriously. He wondered if the man remembered why he left. He thought for a moment, then addressed the situation.

"I'm afraid that the man that we deal with is no fool. If you have indeed merged their ranks with yours, then he may quickly know that we're pursuing him, if he is not already aware. I must ask that you not allow any Knights to leave the city limits until we've completed our investigation." He looked around the room to see any distinctly adverse reactions to his request, but saw none. If any of Gregor's men were there, they hid that fact well. "Furthermore, if any suspicious activity if seen or heard, I would ask that it be brought to Ser Strauss or myself."

He turned to once again face the Revered Mother, bowing in respect of her authority and kindness. "On behalf of Arl Hailstorm, I thank you for your assistance in this matter, Your Grace." As he turned to leave, he put his arm on Isador's shoulder, and their eyes locked. "Isador, I must ask that you speak to the stable boys yourself. I have a matter to attend to. Meet me at Marcus' foundry when you have something." In his eyes, any could see that he desired the same justice against Gregor that Isador sought. A burning desire to punish those they once thought were men of justice. "He won't get away, I'll make sure of it."

With that, he made his way back to Marcus and Vovin. He only hoped that the place was still standing by the time he got there.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Glacier » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:06 pm

- Into Orzammar -

As they proceeded through the hallowed halls of the dwarven Paragons, he tried to admire the statues and the murals depicting the greatest of their race throughout their time in Thedas. While he envied their clear and chronicled history, the constant threat of the tainted monsters lurking in the deeps was one he was glad the newest breed of elves didn't have to contend with. Between the dangers of the forest and the Dalish, they had enough to deal with.

Teelo's voice echoing throughout the hall didn't help with his train of thought but Morrigan was quick to quiet the rambunctious boy before they roused the dwarves within this sacred place. "This where they honor and remember the greatest dwarves of the past, Teelo. " he said in response to the question he posed. "Let's go, the great city waits!"

As they neared the end of the hall and entrance to Orzammar herself, they could hear the hustle and bustle of the vibrant city. The sounds of merchants, passers-bye, guards, and commoners living their lives and playing their respective roles in society. Stepping through the giant corridor, Zasalim could feel his gullet growling for sustenance. He hated questing on an empty stomach and a quick scan found a food vendor relatively close. Normally he'd just visit the tavern for a pint and some meat, but it wasn't a very kid friendly place. "So, who's hungry?" he turned to ask.

Postby Sigment » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Azreal Demian - Choice: Continue

Amulets that ward off Darkspawn? That's a new trick... Azreal listened closely as his target continued speaking with another conspirator. The two still were not aware of his presence, but he couldn't be sure how long that would last. He would have moved to kill them then had they not spoken of another shipment, likely one similar to the one he encountered in Denerim. So that ship belonged to the Teryn, which must make Frosty one of his lackeys. Think I'll listen for a bit longer, see if I can get any more out of 'em...

The Resident Smartass

Postby Scrambles » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:18 pm

-Lothering-

Isador looked back to watch his comrade take off towards the smithy feeling reassured in his trusting of Deacon. He had been surprised how many of his fellow mercenaries had turned out to be good, honorable men. “Neither of us think of ourselves as heroes….we never have.” He said, looking back to the Knight-Commander with a knowing look. “There is corruption within your ranks, Vauss.” He lifted his Axe up, resting it on his shoulder. “You will see the truth before I am done.” With that Isador left the chantry, not looking back towards his former brothers-in-arms. A few of the townsfolk gave Strauss uneasy looks as they watched him and his formidable looking weapon but he paid them no mind. Questions needed to be asked, and Isador had wasted enough time with his little display of instability.

The stables weren’t difficult to find, the gentlemen he asked for directions was more than willing to oblige the axe-wielding Isador with the information he needed. The sounds of horses and the smell of dung grew stronger as Isador pushed open the stable door and walked inside. He spotted a young man shoveling out of the dung. “Excuse me lad.” He said, getting the boys attention. “I come on behalf of the Arl. I have questions about the Templars that arrived before the refugees from Redcliffe.” He laid his axe against the stable door and crossed his arms as he waited for the lad to answer, hopefully with the answers he actually needed.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 am

Marcus and Bill

Both men stared at each other silently, thoughtfully some would say at a distance in whispers, as Marcus the forgemaster stood cross-armed and unphased by the tower of a man all but shaking with rage a short distance away. A crowd had gathered and the nearby patrol was more than a little uneasy about the standoff after having heard reports of what the elderly blacksmith had done at the hospit and later to an over-reaching apprentice. 'Boulder Bill' couldn't be identified without his signature armor but it didn't take a genius to know the big man was trouble when brought to a boil.

You could almost see the steam coming out Bills ears.

"You abandoned me, Marcus!" He shouted, pointing a finger at the old man and menacing a step further. "We were so close to my revenge and you brought me halfway across the bloody world to fight something I had no business in!" He fumed, again taking another step forward and flexing his trunk-like arms. Marcus continued to stare at him with that piercing glare.
"I twisted yer arm, it's true. But I never abandoned you. You and I both knew this was about Vovins protection and not someone else's goods on the market. Switched sides because Vovin did. Killed men cause Vovin did. Only reason I didn't bring you along is 'cause you vanished somewhere in that godless castle." Marcus gave a dry chuckle and blew a bit of thick smoke. "Probably a lot of missing men if my count is correct, but you musta had a hard time of it," He pointed with his chin at the stocky soldier, "For you to have that slight limp. Somethin' get past the weak plating behind the knee eh." Less a question or a comment, and more about plans to fix that with the next suit of armor he created for the half-giant.

"WE COULD HAVE FINISHED THOSE BETRAYERS BY NOW IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS, MARCUS! YOU SWORE TO HELP AND I HOLD YOU TO IT! YOU-" Marcus cut him off with a simple hand upraised. Despite Bill's protests they still had respect for each other it seemed.
"Never said I would stop helping you. Boy knows right and wrong, pride and stupidity, and doesn't need me to hold his hand now. But that doesn't change events." Marcus put his steely gaze directly into Bills eyes as he spoke, eliciting the slightest of shivers from the stronger man. "You saw them. Saw it too, in the sky. This is bigger than revenge, and bigger than our petty strife. I want revenge for what those stone idiots did just as bad as you.." Marcus' eyes drifted down to Bills hand, specifically the magical ring upon it that had begun to crack. Magic didn't break because you were angry and shook your fist a bit, it cracked and broke because you fought the bonds of its very purpose. Bills ring gave strength to him so why would it.. It suddenly clicked.

"That ring you got is crackin', Bill. Magic doesn't break unless you are fighting against it. I don't think that ring is powering you up.. Thinkin' it's the opposite." A sharp whistle escaped Marcus' lips and an apprentice in a blackened apron stepped out of the forge after a few moments. "Anju, go get the ring molds. See if we can't touch that up 'afore he kills me."

Bill was left to wonder as he stared with a scowl at the forgemaster. His friend. He refused to give the man a grin and see the slight satisfaction he felt at knowing, despite anything in his path, that Marcus Hammerstrike would ever bend or alter his word. Ever was he to the letter and blunt as his namesake.
Bill came forward slowly and brought his hand out at Marcus with brutal force, slamming Marcus in the stomach and eliciting a slight gasp from the elderly man. As he hunched over slightly, Bill whispered softly in his ear. "Can you fix them. Both of them."
Marcus only nodded ever so slightly for Bill to see.

The crowd dispersed as Bill led Marcus into the forge.

-----

Zha'Gren

The armlet flared to life in Valmyrias hand, and at once she was on the offensive. Zha'Gren was more than happy to let her show him just how far she would go to protect herself from him. He needed to know that even unarmed and at a serious disadvantage, Val would fight and not cower like some lowly peasant. She might not have even noticed him lower his guard as she came in with the shadowmeld. The hunter had killed more than his fair share of rangers near his home, some of great skill with that very skill, but he had learned frighteningly quick how to see through the ability by looking closer at the feet. They rarely held a shadow beneath them, as they bent light instead of blocking it like a normal person did.

Zha'Gren could have crippled her the moment she touched the spear, and again as she brought her fist back, the look in his eyes as Valmyria slammed her fist home into his mask confirmed it for the ever impressive warden commander. Even the loss of his totems was not a dissapointment.

As she stood her ground a short distance away, Zha'Gren slowly rose from the ground and removed his helmet. A vicious crack had sprouted after the second punch from the armlet, but it didn't threaten the integrity of the mask. Rather, it was a sign of pride for him now. The mask had gone nearly unblemished in combat for decades.
The hunter stared at Valmyria with a smile, one full of teeth and his twisting tongues, but a smile no less. Valmyria Windstrider had proven not only her prowess but her cunning mind and endless repertoire of tricks to give her the edge on most any battle.
The totem she had slashed lay near her feet, a minor totem signaling his victory over a large woodland predator he could not recall, but it was infused with a small amount of magic. A gift for his commander now.

The fight was broken up almost as quickly as it began when a patrol of nearly 10 soldiers came into sight near one of the guardhouses along the wall brandishing crossbows. Zha'Gren was caught between them and the Warden Commander, and more than a little uneasy about it. His mask wasn't on, and there was no cloak to hide his nature. Zha'Gren went into a low crouch and started backing up ever so slightly. His voice was a whisper but Val would hear it all the same. "They will kill both of us, Valmyria. Then claim your death an accident at my hands.. All to spare a war that is inevitable." His words rang true as the captain ordered his men to fire upon the assailant, but more than one patrolman let fly directly at the commander.
With a grunt and a hiss he leapt infront of Valmyria and took three bolts intended for her. "Run.." The look in the Darkspawns eyes was the purest red she had ever seen. Zha'Gren downed the last potion he had in his pouch and turned in a sprint, retrieving both Dauntless and his Axe, aglow in a violent red light, as the captain and his men tried desperatly to reload crossbows. Both of the hunters weapons sailed through the air with precision, the axe took a bowman in the face while Dauntless took the captain directly in the chest.
Zha'Gren retrieved his weapons with a splurt of blood and the screams of the dying as he went to his bloody work. Blades and axes took throats and limbs with frightening cruelty. In a matter of seconds there was nothing but corpses littering the wall as the Darkspawn hunter howled his pleasure before leaping from the wall. Gone without so much as a drop of blood.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:38 am

{Redcliffe} ~We Are The Ones That Are Born To Rise~

The tall mage grinned as he stood within the dark tunnel beneath the ruined castle and its village. The darkspawn were busy digging and crafting, beginning their long task of branching to the caverns to reunite with their underground brethren. He would have to leave them for some time, but they would follow his will and keep working, as long as no pesky Archdemon came to the area to overwrite his influence. His emerald eyes shifted aside, the bright red around his irises glowing for a brief moment. A pair of hurlocks slung a body near him, lightly hissing with pride at their success.

The man leaned down, his metallic claws lifting at the wool sack to let loose the slight cries from within. He paused a moment, licking his lips with satisfaction. It was a female. And the tone told him she was still young enough to serve his dark purpose. He yanked his arm up, the claws of his gauntlet tearing the sack open. The young girl -- in the prime of her teens -- quivered with fright as she hugged her knees to her chest. The quick cry from her lips was quickly hidden between sobbing cries as she stared up at the armored mage.

“Oh, my dear, do not be afraid… What, would you believe me to be a crass murderer of some sort?” He asked as he placed his fingertips upon his exposed chest, the claws brushing against his golden hairs. Her response was hard to hear under her stutters. And her attempts to speak up were halted by her whimpers and cries whenever she would look upon the dimly lit visages of the nearby darkspawn. The man sighed and drew his hand up to rest over his cheek. “I see… Well, there’s certainly no helping that.” He kneeled down and offered the girl his hand. “But I swear, they will not harm you lest I will it. That is truth, my dear.”

The sincerity of his voice and the sweetness of his smile calmed the girl’s nerves. Her dainty fingers twitched and drew up, moving slowly over the smooth leather of the underside of his fingers. He gently drew her up, easily lifting the girl to her feet with one motion. He nodded softly in appreciation before turning to release her hand, his left arm lifting behind her to drape across her shoulders. He was still bent over some to keep level with the shorter human.

“Tell me: Would you like to be a queen?” He asked the girl with an amused chuckle under his breath. She gasped at his question, almost amazed that he didn’t know the answer to such a thing. But of course a young girl would enjoy being a queen! He laughed a bit and lifted his hand from her shoulder, patting her brown hair. “Then I have quite the offer for you, my lady!”

He grinned wide as he stood straight, the flickering torch lights of the tunnels casting wavering shadows over his amused expression. He slowly brushed his fingers down her hair, neatly trailing between her smooth strands. For a girl dressed in such tattered rags, her hair was surprisingly maintained. And the slowly growing smile of her lips bore such innocence, she couldn’t possibly be more than fourteen or fifteen. His eyes drew over her form as he silently moved his claws lower, the girl’s bright eyes shining like the blue of the sea up at her new guardian. Oh, the things she must be imagining. To find herself protected by a young, handsome man in shining armor. To be granted her wish of becoming a regal, beautiful queen. This was surely the greatest of news. Coupled with the recent destruction of her home, she realized she now had a day she could proudly proclaim as the best day of her life!

His claws swept up, slicing the back of her dress and leaving long, slight cuts across her bare back. She gasped and instinctively lurched forward, hands moving to hold her dress up. The hurlocks grabbed her arms, pulling them up to force her to hang in the air beside the man. He turned slowly, pulling his staff from the nearby rock wall. Her wide eyes stared at him, her lips moving but her voice unable to bring forth the question. He stepped close, his free hand lifting to brush the top of his fingers over her cheek.

“Why, you ask?” He asked for her, leaning in close to her innocent lips. “Well, I ask you: Why not?” He suddenly pulled back and began walking away as the hurlocks loomed over the girl. One of them grasped her hair, pulling her head back. The drooling black and green of their tainted bile began to drip and pool into the girl’s mouth as she screamed and cried in horror. The fluids quickly muffled her as the sounds of her voice became gargled and gagged within her throat. More hurlocks moved over, their yellowed fingers lifting toward her body as she kicked in the air. The man began laughing loudly as he drew further and further away

“Enjoy the greatest day of your life. You have many suitors a-calling, your highness! AAHHHaaaahahahahahaaaa~”

While he was away, the girl would become a queen for his ghoulish troops. Mother to his dark children. They would share his twisted will and tunnel until they died. Each fresh spawn replacing a ‘father’ and its work within the depths.
Demon of Elru

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 pm

The standoff between Marcus and Bill had carried on.The two men, each possessing monstrous strength, traded verbal blows, neither one visibly giving any ground. Next to the master blacksmith, the dragon knight stood silent, eyes locked on Bill. He was not overly concerned with what he had to say, rather he cared more about what the Stone Knight's intentions towards Marcus were; but something the massive man shouted struck a chord with Vovin. Marcus had indeed seemed to follow Vovin, support his decisions even when it was clear that the old man disagreed. It dawned on Vovin that this entire situation, their journey to Redcliffe, the betrayal of this man, and Marcus's collapse. All of it...all of it was his fault. His steely gaze faltered as this realization hit him. He hardly noticed as Deacon departed from their presence.

Vovin was about to speak, but it was at that moment that Marcus raised his hand to silence Bill, and effectively silence Vovin as well. His mouth had dropped open slightly to speak, but it quickly shut as Vovin looked down and to the side. Marcus spoke of allying again with the mountain of a man, a spouted some stuff about the rings that Bill wore. Vovin had no idea what was being discussed, but it must have been important because Bill seemed to have a small change of heart. Despite the Stone Knight's attempt to hide it, Vovin was picking up on the fact that he was smothering a smirk. A small amount of relief washed over the young man, but in the next moment adrenaline was pumping through him once more. Bill had slammed a hand into Marcus's stomach. Vovin's eyes widened and his teeth pulled back over his lips. He knew it was a friendly gesture. He knew that he should let it go; but that small gasp that had escaped Marcus's mouth was too much for Vovin to handle.

Marcus and Bill would feel two hands slip in-between them before they could part ways and go into the forge. Orange energy suddenly surged along the hands. Each hand was firmly placed against the chests of the men. Then the hand on Bill's chest suddenly pushed outward with great force. Under normal circumstances Vovin doubted that he would be able to make the massive Boulder Bill even twitch with a push; however he was being aided by the dragon spirit. He would probably at least cause the giant of a man to stumble back a few feet.

"Stop!" he snarled, not just at Bill but at Marcus. I...won't just stand by and accept this." Straightening up and releasing his connection to the Fade, Vovin locked eyes with Bill. "You're right. All of this is my fault. I was foolish and cocky. I didn't listen to Marcus when he warned me. I didn't see the corruption when it was glaring straight at my face. I didn't...I didn't think! Its my fault that all this happened to you two, to me. So if you're going to hit someone." Vovin took a deep breath. "Then hit me."

He knew that it could have just been over then and there if he had stayed quiet; but he just couldn't....

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Deacon Reinhardt - Settling Scores

Deacon approached Marcus' shop to find the situation seemingly diffusing. As the hulking man entered the forge with Marcus, he breathed a sigh of relief. He was happy that the situation did not lead to needless bloodshed. Before he could address the group, he heard Vovin shout out to the pair of men, blaming himself for the large soldier's troubles. Deacon wanted to speak up, but he knew it not to be his place to do so. So he moved alongside the group, stood silently and listened.

Draken30000 wrote:"I didn't think! Its my fault that all this happened to you two, to me. So if you're going to hit someone... Then hit me."

The young knight's words were truly sincere, and Deacon wasn't sure what to think of the situation. Vovin... Is this how you intend for him to settle this score? His gaze turned to Marcus, silently seeking his opinion on the matter. Was this really the best way to handle things? He waited without a word for the answers he sought.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 pm

High Corruption - QUEST ACTIVATED: Azreal
Target 1: Antiono de Alrigt

"Do you have the special items that we requested?" asked the Dalish woman as they continued their walk. "My people have need of those supplies, and not just for the upcoming war."

"Don't worry, Ariane. My men made sure of it. I may have to charge some additional funds for the heavy weapons."

"I'll talk it over with my Keeper, but I believe that is a possibility."

The man nodded as they turned the corner. "Good, I'll have the goods sorted and delivered to your camp. As for the Teryn's equipment..."

"You let me take care of that. Same place, same time as usual."

"Is something wrong?" he asked as she suddenly stopped.

"I feel like I'm being watched."

"It is a marketplace. We are surrounded by people."

The hunter just shook her head. "We'll meet later, tonight to finalize the details and the payment." Without another word, she walked away into the crowd and left the business man at his stand. He shrugged her comments off and went to go about trying to see imported silk to a couple that were browsing his wares.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:22 am

Azreal Demian - Enough Waiting

Azreal gritted his teeth underneath his mask. He already knew the woman was Dalish, so it shouldn't have surprised him that she was gathering supplies for her people. But if he heard her words right, she also sought supplies for war against his people. The Quel'Elhen race may shun him, but he'd be damned before he allowed the Dalish the chance to strengthen themselves for war against his brethren. Taking out the merchant may not completely prevent her request from being fulfilled, but it will probably delay it at least. The assassin remained in the shadows for as long as he could manage, but the shade dwindled, and he had to hide before the Veil completely dissipated. Thankfully they didn't see him, and the woman Ariane took her leave.

Now's my chance... He took off his coat and mask, hiding them in the corner of the roof before jumping down where he wouldn't be noticed entering the market. He browsed various shops, eying various items. Eventually he approached his target's kiosk, now free of other customers.

"Welcome, sir! I have some very fine items for you to browse through! Like this, some of the finest silk in all of Fereldin."

He responded to the quality of the fabric with a whistle. He was actually impressed. "Man, that's soft! I could sleep like a baby just wearin' this!" He faced the man, and his tone changed. "But... I gotta be honest here. I'm lookin' for some more... exotic items."

"Pardon?"

"Look, I'll be straight with you. The missus has been drivin' me downright insane. I'd divorce or somethin', but she'd get half my stuff! You got somethin' that could maybe... take her outta the picture? Somethin' quick, quiet... Ya know, no mess."

The merchant looked carefully to see if anyone was looking, then pulled out a small vial from behind the kiosk, along with a short, thin knife. "This... may be just what you are looking for, my friend. Nasty stuff, but perfectly simulates a heart attack. For you, I'll only ask for one sovereign."

Azreal grinned at the man, pulling out a sovereign and placing it on the table. "Before we make this final... ya mind if I have a little look at it on the blade? I'd hate for it to stick out too much." Opening the vial, he carefully coated the small blade with the poison, adding a distinct shine to the blade without altering it's overall appearance. "Impressive... You've got yourself a deal."

The two shook hands, as the merchant reached for the sovereign on the table. In the time it took the man to blink, Azreal pricked his hand with the blade, causing the blade's coating to enter his body. As the man realized what had happened, his only expression as the poison took effect was one of pure fear. With a smile, Azreal took his coin back and addressed the dying man with a whisper. "Your friends will join you soon, Antonio..."

"Help! Someone help! This man's havin' a heart attack!" The market was immediately filled with screams and shouts as a crowd rushed to de Alrigt's kiosk. By the time they attempted resuscitation, he was beyond their help. Azreal used the commotion to slip out, returning to the roof to grab his gear. With everything going so well, he also managed to snag the poison and dagger without notice. His job done, he made his way to the next target.

"One down, three to go..."

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

A Templar in Hiding - QUEST ACTIVATED: Isador
Chantry Stables

The stable boy looked up at the Black Axe. As a younger boy, he might have heard stories of the Black Axe, but he was too young of a man to recognize who stood before him.

"Aye, Ser," replied the boy as he rested on the shovel. "Me n' some of the other boys were here when the main group from Redcliffe arrived, but I don't know of any before hand. hold on, let me ask someone."

The boy turned and called out deeper into the stables. "Daniels! Are ya back there?"

"Yes,Tom! I'm back here helping Sammy."

"Well, get up here. I have a Ser with some questions."

A boy, perhaps a year or two older than the stable boy came out from deeper in the stables. Unlike the stable boy though, he wore a Templar Recruit uniform. "What is it?"

"This good Ser," said the stable boy, gesturing to Isador. "Is looking for some Templars that arrived before the Redcliffe survivors."

Daniels frowned as he thought for a moment. "We did have a group of six or so stumble into Lothering before they arrived, only a few on horseback. A few days I think. They weren't our Templars though. They said they were from Denerim, hunting some apostates. Must have found them, because they looked pretty banged up. Especially their leader. I don't think they've left yet, the horses are still here. What else would you like to know, Ser?"

Target 2: Alistar Vernden - Anthony Estate

People have a tendency to like their officers, or their rank perhaps a little too much. The higher you got from the standard rank and file, the more money people had, the nicer the armor got, or the more engravings it had, or even some had a silly cape.

This man had all of the above.

Alistar Vernden, a man often seen as heroic and kind to the people. His actions as a City Guard had reduced the crime by the gangs and other thieves. Though some of the man's methods of control were questionable, it got desired results. Little does the general population know, that the Captain also accepted a few bribes here and there to have a blind eye, or release a prisoner from jail. Those truths were held as dark rumors to the populace, seen more as an attempt to discredit and tarnish the name of the "good" Samaritan.

"... word goes out to the mercenaries and the other troops. Tell them the equipment is here, and will be at the drop off point. After they have collected the items from Antiono and have him killed. He's too much of a loose end for this now," said the Captain to a messenger. The messenger saluted and took off as the Captain turned around and began his patrol with his two most trusted Lieutenants.

"Do you thin its a wise idea to have Antiono removed this early?" asked one of the Lieutenants.

"No. The enemy is in the city, pretty much occupying it. The merchant is too... free for my liking, especially with those damn knife ears. We need to run a tight ship if we expect to get out of this alive and still operating."

"So what do we do now?"asked the other Lieutenant.

"For now," said the Captain as they turned a corner into the Estates beautiful gardens. "Nothing else. The game has been changed. No one was suppose to come out of Redcliffe, not even that Maker-forsaken Knight-Captain. For now, we will act like the good, normal guards we are. Bann Anthony is in charge of these "cloak and dagger" situations. I suspect it will involve a lot of waiting and watching. Did you two have any luck on your findings?"

"Yes sir. We have details of the Redcliffe troop movement. The Arl is recalling his forces to Lothering, and establishing a perimeter around the city using outlying villages and structures. There was some talk that he might relocate to Ostagard as a more defensible position, but is hesitant to do so since that will also remove him from the Bannor."

The Captain waited for a few seconds before replying. "He'll be able to fortify himself within the city then. We will wait then. Replace members of the guard with those more loyal to the Teryn. Once things have calmed down a little, then we will strike from within. Do we have the Knight-Captain hidden away?"

"For now, yes sir. Bann Anthony has taken over that issue for us," said the other Lieutenant. "And sir, we have some interesting... rumors about the Fall of Redcliffe."

The Teryn - Old "friends"

Teryn Cousland paused in his walk with his chief adviser. He felt it, it was so small, almost unnoticeable in the lay-energies of Fereldin. It could be described as a sort of breeze, or something small dropping and creating tiny ripples in a pool of calm water.

"My Lord?" asked Kel. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes... I felt something. Something I haven't felt in a long time. A old... acquaintance has returned to walk the mortal plane."

"Is it going to be a problem?"

The Teryn flashed him a smile of reassurance. "No. If anything, it will be a nice, healthy distraction for our enemies. After they see what sort of man Gabriel Faus is, I won't have anything to worry about. Now then, we must be off."

However, perhaps I should pay my dear friend a visit. See what he wants this time. thought the Teryn as he Kel walked out of the building.

"Kassar, come on lad, its time to go to see the Grey Wardens," said the Teryn as he motioned towards the carriage. "Kassar, this is my good friend. He'll be accompanying us."

He was a normal sized man, still wearing a black hooded cloak. The man pulled down the hood and smiled at the young Qunari. His beard was neatly trimmed, and like his hair, was splashed with grey. His eyes were a emerald green, showing a feeling of curiosity and happiness. "Well met, Kassar," he said, sticking out his hand. "My name is Kel. I've heard a lot about you."

Valmyria Windstrider will be edited in later.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Azreal Demian - Word Travels Slow

The assassin moved along the rooftop, keeping a close eye on Vernden and his accompanied guards. Since his last target was killed less than half an hour ago, it didn't surprise him that they were unaware of his death. What did surprise him was that Vernden planned to kill the man himself, considering him nothing more than a loose end. Aw, too bad for Antonio... Guess they weren't his friends after all. I'll have to do something special as punishment for the 'knife ears' crack.

Azreal watched closely from the roof overlooking the garden. The "rumors" about Redcliffe sounded interesting, and he figured he might as well listen before he put the bastard down.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 am

Target 2: Alistar Vernden - Anthony Estate

"Do we have more people that made it out then was announced?" asked the Captain.

"No sir, but its interesting, about what happened in the Castle during the fight," started one of the Lieutenants, but the other jumped in before he could continue.

"The rumor was that the Warden-Commander has some sort of gauntlet that made her go crazy. She tore one of the Teryn's squad in a matter of seconds, even torturing one of the poor bastards. Eyewitnesses said she could cut through the ranks of the darkspawn as if they went even there."

"Is she going to be a threat?" Alistar asked.

"More of a wild card. We think she can't tell the difference between friend and foe."

"What of the gauntlet? Where is it? What is it?"

"Bann Anthony has his spies already looking for it in her room and the keep. He's planning something special for the Teryn. Sorry, sir, we got this info from his men. As for what it is... we don't know."

"Hmm. Keep an eye on this, we might be able to use it."

Another trooper stepped into the gardens and moved towards the Captain. "Sir! We might have a issue with the Knight Captain. Some men stormed the Chantry and are looking for him, servants of the Arl."

"I knew sheltering that son of a bitch was a bad idea," said the Captain. "I'll take care of the situation this time. To hell with what the Bann wanted. He's better off dead."

Valmyria Windstrider - Recovery, again.

"You son of a bitch," muttered Val as she slumped down. The darkspawn hunter had torn through the squad and disappeared before anything could be done. She couldn't figure out the hunter at all, unsure of if she should trust him at all. She'd made a stupid, stupid decision that went not only against her training and the very basics of the code she swore to live by, it went against common sense.

So dammed close that time. Maybe it would be easier if I... Val experimentally brought the gauntlet to her arm, and pushed one of the razor sharp talons into her skin. Strangely enough, not a single thing happened. Stupid thought anyway... She focused on it and the gauntlet disappeared, once again hidden as a harmless bracelet.

At that moment, the block holding back her healing magic disappeared, and she brought it all to bear. Most of the minor scraps and injuries healed quickly, but she had to focus more ad use her hand with the injury she got on her side.

It was time to move on, get out of here, find solitude... again.

The Warden Commander got up and reanged the robe to hid the slash wound. She walked past the dead men, one was still desperately clinging to life, but it was a loosing fight. She bent over the man and pulled a small money bag from his belt. "Thanks for taking a girl out to dinner." without another word, she left the man to die alone.

Val found what she was looking for, not too far away from the keep. A small Tavern, not really out of the way, but not near enough on the main street for it to be crowded. As she approached, she could make out the faded sign, The Grey Fox. The inside of the Tavern was typical, nothing out of the ordinary; a bar, a few tables and booths. The place had shown some age, but still well taken care of. There weren't very many patrons at this time of day, which made it peaceful and relaxing. She could see some Templars that had gotten off-duty, and a few farmhands. Val quietly made her way over to the corner booth and sat down.

"What can I get for ya, missy?"

Val looked up at the smiling face of the bartender who had made his way over. "Something hard, Quel'Elhen if you have it, and whatever you have to eat... a lot actually." The man nodded and walked to the back for a while. He returned shortly with bowel of steaming, hearty soup, a small loaf of bread, a little cheese, a chunk of meat, and her drink. "you can leave the bottle, thank you." She tossed the man the stolen money bag, and began to eat.

A Dwarf's request - QUEST ACTIVATED: Teelo and Zasalim
Orzammar

"I believe Teelo has already found something," commented the Guardian. "I however, would prefer something not quite so... fresh."

Morrigan made her way though the crowd. She found it amusing to be able to be surrounded by so many dwarves and still see one end of the corridor to another. But she also found it saddening as she saw a few thieves in the crowd, and what looked like a gang doing a shake down of a local business.

So much given to them, to the world, and they could still not find harmony. Still struggled to put the self away and look out for each other. Especially these dwarves. Darkspawn had been hounding them since pretty much the beginning of time and they could still find the desire to steal, rape, and murder each other all for the want of "I".

It annoyed her, but there wasn't much she could do about it. Mortals will still be mortals.

"It seems like even the city is no different from another. Sure, you might have another ruler, but the people, they are all the same."

The guardian made her way over to a stand, the food looked... good enough, she supposed. She purchased one of the fried, bread things and walked back to Zasalim.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Azreal Demian - Like a Knife Through Butter

The lieutenant's words got Azreal worried. He knew that Val had been hiding something, but to hear that she was like a frenzied animal at Redcliffe because of a gauntlet... Gauntlet... Does this have anything to do with that bracelet Val was wearing? When all was said and done, he would want answers from her in exchange for the information he had gathered from his targets. Not sure how she would handle Anthony's men peeking around in her room, though Azreal imagined "not well" would be an understatement.

Before Azreal could move to distract the men, a guard approached them with news that the Arl's men were searching for Gregor at the Chantry. Vernden immediately stated his intent to kill the man before he could be caught. Azreal wanted the Templar dead as well, but if the Arl's men were close to finding him, then it would only make things worse if the man was killed.

He made his choice. The time for subtlety was over. He leaped from the rooftop towards the group at high speed, gliding down with barely a sound. By the time the men realized he was there, it was too late for them. Azreal's sword caught Vernden in the shoulder and carved through his body before finishing at his waist. The torso hit the ground staining the beautiful garden grass a bloody crimson. The others were in shock of the sudden attack, giving the assassin the time to cleave through two more of them while the last ran for his life.

The foolish guard had no hope of outrunning him, and looked back to see Azreal's blade make contact with his neck underneath his helmet. His head hit a nearby wall while Azreal took a moment to look over his work. Not my best work... Pretty sloppy, honestly. Didn't matter, the job was done. The kill was made without any other guards seeing him, and he had bought the Arl's men some time to find the Templar. As Azreal made his way back up the roof and across Lothering to City Hall, he only hoped that they wouldn't waste any time finding the bastard.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Scrambles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm

“The Passing of Wisdom”

The lack of any look of astonishment for the stable boys was enough to let Isador know that they did not know who he was. He began inspecting the stables, hands clasped behind his back, as Daniels told him about his bounty, taking note of cleanliness despite the amount of horses it housed. Strauss looked at the Templar recruit uniform Daniels wore and he recalled his earliest days in the Order, his happiest days in the Order. He also recalled shoveling horse shit all day, and the nights that followed eating with his older brothers in arms, listening to their wisdom and heroic deeds in the Makers service. He had almost forgotten he was happy as a Templar before that last night. He finished his walk around the stables in front of Daniels, now inspecting his uniform. “These stables are in fine shape, commendable work lads.” He said with an authoritative tone, a near reflex from speaking to Templars of lower rank for years. “I see you have joined the Templars, you must be that nephew Roland spoke of earlier. I used to be a Templar myself, though that was many years ago.” He decided not to give them his name, rather to remain anonymous while searching for Gregor and his men, though his episode earlier didn’t exactly help.

“As a favor to your uncle I’ll give you some advice.” Part of Isador wanted to unload about the corruption and lies, but he knew that would not be fair to the lad. “There is a misconception that Templars are the jailers of the Circle but this is far from the truth. To truly uphold the code of the Order, you must be their protector. Mages are born with a blessing from the Maker, a beautiful gift but also dangerous and frightening. You must not judge mages simply for using magic, but how and why they do so. I have seen more than my fair share of honest, kind folk driven by fear and desperation to blood magic, simply to protect themselves or who they care for only to be taken and made Tranquil. No matter how old, a mage is never in complete control; some control can be used but tragedies and accidents happen all the same. A Templar must be a watchful guardian, a caring friend and at times......executioner.” Those last words loosened his focus, lost in old memories. "You never want to get used to the last part....that's when you lose sight of your purpose, and begin to do horrible things." Isador wasn't sure if the rookie Templar would heed his words or not, but it felt good to even try to pass what little wisdom he had gained on to another. “There I go rambling on again, I thank you for the information, though I find it curious that the owners of these horses were not at the Chantry when I…..went by to look for them. Have there been any other strange occurrences within Lothering before the refugees arrived?”

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 am

- Revas’Thala, Rangers Spell force Barack... quite some time ago-

Connor stood in front of the Commander’s desk, helm under his arm, eyes cast forward. The older elf sitting behind the table looked over some of the parchments. Connor kept on standing, not saying a word, starring forward; when the time comes he will be addressed, before that talking would be a waste of breath.
„How is the leg, Connor?” The white haired elf looked up at the soldier standing in front of him.
„Healing fine, sir. I am fit to take up my duties again, sir.”
„You are collecting scars, like others scalps.” The older elf raised a brow.
„Scars are worth keeping, they remind us of our mistakes. One learns from mistakes, not successes.”
„Very deep.” The commander smirked and leaned back in his chair. „But I did not summon you to exchange philosophy. The situation with the Dalish will sooner or later get out of control. It was decided to act, and your name came up.”
Connor gave the commander a small nod, but his rigid posture remained as he kept on listening.
„You will be part of a small group, to carry out an important mission. Here is a list of the other members.” The commander pushed a piece of parchment across the table. Connor took a step forward and picked it up. A slight puzzlement ran across his face, as he starred on a single name.
„Do you know him?” The Commander raised a brow.
„I heard of him, and occasionally saw him; we did not exchange words, sir. Will there only the two of us, sir?” Connor placed back the parchment on the table and looked at his superior officer.
„You two and anybody who you find capable to bring along. He does not walk the beaten path, and is someone who likes to keep queer company. He may be just the one we need in these times. Your first task will be to bring him home. As far we know he was last seen in Orzammar.”

-Orzammar... Now...-ish-

Orzammar was everything Connor expected; a big whole dug into the rock crowded with people, who kept on trying to climb higher, while trampling on their fellow folks. Connor distrusted people in general, and this trait served him well during the time he spent searching for his man in the carved halls. He bought drinks, did favors and ran errands for bits of information. Most of the time he got nothing but empty promises, and was lead into the occasional ambush. After a couple of encounters Connor deduced, that his fighting style was less suited against dwarfs, as his lighter armored legs were a welcome target, and his attacks were designed mostly against people with similar high. Lucky for him, these lessons came cheap, and the word spread, that the tall one with the barbed arms is not someone to be trifled with.
After a while he turned to another source of information. Duster children were roaming the streets, and as they were regarded lesser as dirt by many, so they were almost invisible. They heard and saw many interesting tales, and learned after a while that the ’Tall One’ always had a treat in exchange for a good story. Some of the bold tried to nick his purse once or twice, but they got nothing but a set of hot ears instead.
Connor occasionally learned that the man he was looking for was gone for good. There were half a dozen ‘reliable’ stories where he was heading. He knew that this was likely a wild goose chase, so he decided to stay for a couple of more weeks, to think through his options.
Snotty, who was named after constant drooling of his nose, was panting from all the running to fetch the ’Tall One’. „Sometimes if you want to find someone, you just have to sit down, and wait for him to come to you.” Connor muttered to himself, as the small dwarfling pointed him towards the party of strangers. The man moved to a nearby stall, and bought two dozens of sweet-rolls. „Don’t eat them all at once, and keep out of trouble.” He handed them to the swarm of children tailing him. After they were gone, Connor made his way among the crowd of locals, holding his helmet under his arm, heading towards the others.
„You are a man not easy to find, Zasalim.” He said to his fellow high elf, as he was close enough. „I am Connor Swiftwind; I am here to take you home.”

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:53 pm

A Templar in Hiding - QUEST ACTIVATED: Isador
Chantry Stables

The young Templar recruit was fansinated by the wisdom being passed down to him. He absorbed it all, carefully, and weighed it with what he had been taught and what he knew to be the right thing. It made some sense to Daniels.

This man... there was something about him he just couldn't put his finger on.

"Thank you, Ser," he said with a short bow. "I don't think your men have left Lothering, but they could be on guard duty or patrol. As for strange occurrences? Not that I can think of. Tom, Sammy. What of you two? See anything strange."

"Well," began Tom. "I saw this horse take the most massive du-"

"Not that sort of strange. Weird things happening in town, before the refugees came."

"Ohh, well then. No. Not really. ."

"Sammy?"

The other boy paused for a bit, his brow furrowed. "Well... No, nothing weird or strange. I think I might have seen the Templars you were talking about at the Smithy, getting sumthing fixed. One was defiently a Knight-Captain, kept saying something about Denerim, and Redcliffe going badly. I think those could be the same men."

Daniels frowned. "Why would they show up, but not leave yet? Even passing though resting, they could have been gone by now..."

"You did say they were hurt."

"Just banged up, not enough to stop them from traveling..." Daniels paused, a sudden realization dawning upon him. He might not now the full picture, but he was at least grasping the concept. "Ser, these men... they did something, didn't they?"

Target 3 - Bann Mark Anthony: City Hall.

Bann Mark Anthony. Text-book example of a noble playing polotics. Despite all of his hard work, and careful maneuvering, he'd been unable to rise pass the rank of Bann. Life seemed bleak for this poor fellow, that is until the devil himself came and offered him a chance of a life time; "coordinate my plans here, and I'll make you a man among men."

The Bann placed his feet up on the table and frowned. He'd just finished a meeting with Arl Hailstorm, a disturbing one concerning his Master. He'd have to relay this information back to Denerim to let the Teryn know that the Arl was coming for blood. Everything had been going so well, until the armies of Redcliffe appeared out of nowhere, carrying most of the Redcliffe population with them.

"How to salvage this..." he posed the statement to no one in particular as the gears in his mind began to spin. The door creaked open and a small, almost wire framed man stepped in.

"Are we ready?" asked the Bann.

"Yes sir. From what I know, the shipment has arrived and we're moving forward. We've isolated and shut down many of our operating cells in the city, and have only a few running to avoid detection."

"Perfect. I know Captain Vernden doesn't seem to care too much about this plan, but this is our best chance. Only covert operations are going to see us through this alive."

"My Lord," said the man with a bow. "If you don't mind me by asking, what is the plan here?"

"It's... well, not the most well thought out, but the situation was short. We have to get the shipment to our men - uniforms and weapons, to better hide them. then we are just going to lay low for a while, wait for the right time, and kill the Arl. The Master can't be interrupted at this point."

"What about the Templar?"

"Gregor will play his role, he has no were else to turn to. Redcliffe was suppose to be a dead end, for everyone, but that didn't happen. The Teryn's plans can't be interfered with. The operations at the Circle Tower and in Revas’Thala must go off without a hitch."

"Why?"

The Bann shrugged. "I don't know the details, just the picture. And that came from Gregor. He still knows something valuable." The Bann eyed the small man. "You seem awfully curious about this. Why?"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:07 am

Azreal Demian - More Than Just a Job

The room had many extravagant features, and among them were statues overlooking the area where the assassin watched his target. Anthony wasn't aware that his allies were dead, but given how long it's been, it would be a matter of time until he and Azreal's last target increased their defenses to prepare... or ran for the hills. Which each of the Teryn's men he killed, Azreal more clearly saw the importance to stopping the man. At this point, the fact that he wasn't getting paid for this didn't even matter. He was doing the world a service, living up to his nickname. These men will die, and he would be the one to deliver this punishment.

This wasn't just about Redcliffe anymore. The Teryn was planning something for Revas'Thala, and Azreal was going to do whatever it took to stop him. As Azreal continued to listen in on the conversation, he prepared to teach the Bann a lesson:

Do what you want to a man, but do not fuck with those he cares about.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Target 3 - Bann Mark Anthony: City Hall.

The two men stared at each other, an awkward silence enveloping the room. Suddenly the smaller man dashed forward, leaped over the table and crashed into the Bann. The two men struggled on the ground for a moment before the smaller of the two managed to pin the Bann with a dagger at his throat.

"My family, everyone I loved and cared about was at Redcliffe," he hissed. "My life is gone because of you and that bastard of a Teryn."

"Vengence? Is this what this is all about, Bill?" asked the Bann, no fear was in his voice or eyes. "You had your chance to back out, to leave, just as you left the Crows."

"YOU DIDN'T SAY DARKSPAWN WOULD BE USED AS A WEAPON," yelled the other man, the dagger pressing hard enough into the other man's neck to draw blood. "You said the Arl would be killed, not hundreds of innocents. I see where I went wrong, I see the evil in your plans and your so called 'master', and Maker help me if I'm too late. Rest in-"

"Peace?" interrupted the Bann as he shoved a dagger into the man's ribs and pushed him off. The Bann stood up and brushed himself off as he stared at the dying man. "Look at you, Bill. You use to be a great assassin. Retirement really made you that bad? I'll let you in on a little secret, since you were such a good pen pusher. I knew the darkspawn were there. If not for the Warden's agent helping us gather those monsters, we never would have succeeded." The Bann rested a boot on Bill's neck, choking him slightly. "Your wife and that worthless whore you call a daughter died, and there was nothing you could have done to stop it. They were expendable, just like you."

A soft, wet crunch could be heard as the Bann twisted his foot and broke the mans neck.

"Guards! Alert security. Tell them an failed assassination attempt has taken place."

The two guards saluted, and the Bann followed them out of the room. He waved his own personal guard of heavy knights, to follow him.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glacier » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 pm

- Orzammar Commons -

While Teelo busied himself with the fresh nug and Morrigan satisfied her sweet tooth, Zasalim kept his eyes on the smoked nug vendor pulling a fresh batch off of the fire pit. His mouth began to salivate as he made his way toward the delicious smelling meat at the stall. He bought two skewers and turned to seek out a blacksmith when he heard a familiar tongue speaking to him?

He was surprised to hear another Quel'Elhan among the clamour of the dwarves, but this chance meeting was no coincidence. He immediately recognized the one sent to bring him back home once he set eyes on him. "I've been lofting in the breeze a tad too long it seems. I just returned to Orzammar on business from Redcliffe, but I know things must be dire If they sent the Frozen to find me." He said with a smirk as he looked upon the towering elven warrior. "I'm sorry Swiftwind, but I have to decline at the moment. In fact my business here will grant us allies among the dwarves.... Hmm, Help me with this task and I'll gladly return with you to Revas'Thela." He said offering him a skewer as a gesture of good will

Postby Sigment » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 am

Azreal Demian - Well, That Just Tears It...

Azreal hadn't felt so angry in his life since his father was murdered. This bastard was truly as heartless as they come. Nothing else mattered now, he would see Anthony dead by his hand no matter who stood in his way. He watched silently, as difficult as it was to do, as the Bann killed the vengeful man beneath him before shouting to alert the guards. Now they would more watchful for him, but they wouldn't suspect the room the Bann just left.

The Bann motioned for heavy guards to follow him, but Azreal decided not to give them the chance. With a well-placed strike from his sword, he cleaved through the statue next to him, sending it falling into the room below. He heard the men scream as they realized what was happening. Their heavy plating may stop a blade, but it can't stop over a ton of stone from crushing their bodies to nothing. The Bann and the guards accompanying him turned around to see what was left of his men. The damage was severe enough that the remains could not even be called bodies. Just a mess of crushed bones, flesh and metal.

The guards moved to inspect the rubble as Azreal leaped up towards the ceiling, using it to launch himself down to his new targets. Fangs in hand, he cleaved both heads from their bodies in a swift downward strike. The Bann started to run, screaming for help as Azreal chased after him. Two more guards entered the hall between them. The Reaper didn't even slow down as he cut through them with a swing of his sword. He immediately picked up speed, grabbing Anthony by the head and slamming him into a wall, placing his hand around the man's neck. The assassin lifted the man up above him, his grip tight enough to prevent the Bann from focusing on anything else. He loosened his grip slightly to allow the man to speak.

"I...Impressive... Better than... that worthless husk... in my office..."

"Shut up! Tell me right now! What is Cousland planning for Revas'Thala?"

"What... makes you think... I would tell you...?"

"Spit it out! Believe me, a slow death is not something you want from me."

Moments passed as the Bann stared into his eyes. A smirk crossed his face as he opened his mouth. "GUA-!" A loud crunch could be heard as Azreal crushed his throat.

"What was that?!"

"Was someone screaming?"

"Get help, bring everyone you can!"

Figures... Need to move fast... Just one thing first. He quickly returned to the corpse of the one called "Bill". He placed the man's hands on his chest, and closed his soulless eyes. "I hope you can be with your loved ones now..."

"Over here! The noises came from near the Bann's office!" No more wasting time. Azreal left City Hall the way he came in, through the skylight overlooking the room. With three of the Teryn's men dead, the last one is sure know that he's next. Azreal made his way to the city square, where hopefully his last target should still be. Then, he would pay a visit to someone who just might kill him for showing up.
Last edited by Sigment on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Resident Smartass

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:46 am

- Orzammar Commons –

„Agreed.” Connor said without without hesitation.
Zasalim’s terms were quite reasonable; there was no point in arguing. Connor was not given any deadline for his return, and this errand may have valuable benefits for the future. Accompany them would have been the best way to keep Zasalim alive and well to return with him, so Connor would have insisted anyway, getting the offer made things just easier. A quick glance over the party made it quite clear that Zasalim was the best armored of the three, so he would need to fight in the front row. That made Connor’s help quite valuable. He was sent to bring Zasalim back, for his „unique approach on things”, that made quite likely, that Connor would have to answer to the younger elf on the upcoming mission, that was another reason not to be headstrong about the issue.
Connor took the offered skewer from his fellow mage, and gave the woman and the wild child a small nod. They would be properly introduced shortly, no doubt. „You can fill me in on the details, whenever you are ready.” He said to Zasalim, in his usual detached voice, before taking a bite.

Postby Glacier » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 pm

- Orzammar Commons -

"Well that was easy" he thought as the man accepted his initial offer without a moment's thought or hesitation. Zasalim was happy to welcome another Arcane warrior into the fold, expanding the group into a mage quartet. "Oh yeah, this is Morrigan and Teelo. A lot more than what meets the eye.. the lot of us really." He said, clearing his throat before continuing. "Now to the business at hand. We're on our way to the diamond quarter to meet with King Aeducan in the royal palace. The client is a leader among the surface dwarves, Thorin Ashenshield. Essentially we have to reclaim a long lost thaig." With that said Zasalim took a deep breath followed by a large bite from the meat skewer. He savored the smoky flavor of the tender morsel of nug meat while he walked.

As he filled his gullet, he did a little window shopping. While his coin purse had definitely seen better days, he still wanted his gear maintained, and upgraded and to purchase necessary supplies. Considering his dwindling funds, he wanted to generate some cash flow as quickly as possible. A trip into the deeps was the perfect opportunity for such an endeavor whether they took the ancient thaig or not. None the less, Zasalim proceeded to make his way through the commons toward the nobility of the diamond quarter.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:39 am

Marcus Hammerstrike / "Boulder" Bill
The burden of friendship

Bill and Marcus both gave ground when Vovin took his spot between them. Likely he didn't understand why the mountain had struck his father but at the end of the day it wouldn't matter. Anger could be pushed aside but it would always linger until you did something about it. The fact Marcus had taken it without complaint or a flinch proved once again he was made of stuff harder and more dependable than the very hammer he created them with.
It was Marcus who spoke first. "You are young, Vovin. We all make mistakes. But William had the right of it to demand his revenge."
Bill crossed his arms at the use of his real name. "He's right. I am.. sorry. For my outburst and the threats, but I have my reasons." He turned to stare at Vovin. "But we all learn from mistakes. It is because we make them that we grow." Boulder Bill stared down at his hands. "But there will always be a mistake that cannot be forgiven in life. Understand what they are." With a resigned sigh, William O'dim walked into the forge. Marcus and Vovin proceeded in after them.

An hour or so later everything had been prepared for the elder forgemaster. A secluded forge had been constructed and tended by the apprentices with a sort of reverence usually reserved for holy altars of some sort. For Marcus, his personal forge room was an altar. Here was where he prayed and here was where he put his faith. Here is where he made weapons and armor for men and women who were more than just mortal. Kings and Emperor's alike would never feel for their kingdoms the way that Marcus cared and cherished his sacred ground.
It was 'lavish' in the sense that it had a lot of room for one man to work and had all the equipment his larger forge did, but condensed to one area instead of multiple ones. Not meant for mass production but instead for the finer works that took time and skill. William was in the main forge being fitted with a replacement for his armor while some of the more skilled artisans under Marcus' tutelage had returned to help make a suit of plate like the trashed one William was more accustomed to. Of course, Marcus would oversee the finishing touches and add in his own forge magics to enhance the suit but that was for another time.
Vovin sat nearby on a small well-used sofa that had served as Marcus' bed whenever he returned to his shop. Atop the desk that served as a material-bench rested the usual implements. Leather apron, Thick tongs, leather gloves, face-mask and eye protection, and the silver forge hammer Marcus had made years ago. Those were the basics.
Next to them in neat piles rested the remainder of his needs. In a wool bag was a pile of diamond dust. There was pouches of mage-ingrediants infused with a myriad of strengthening enchantments, a swords hilt (previously made by Marcus), a long thick piece of unshaped mithril ready to be shaped into a proper blade and fitted to the hilt. The last bag took up the largest portion of the desk and was spilling over it's contents. Crystals. Brittle and weak, they held a soft glow inside of them but would crack from a fairly weak amount of pressure and was usually meant for things like windows and such.
The crystal had a foreign name that Marcus couldn't pronounce but he knew everything else about it. Harvested from beneath the desert sands and traded to craftsman or artists in large chunks, the crystal was capable of holding magic by it's own innate nature. Though just because it could do so didn't mean it was often used for such and nobody ever really bothered.
Until now.

Marcus had discovered that the crushed up powder of the crystal when applied to heat for a number of hours caused the crystals to melt and then reform when cooled into a bigger version of whatever it was poured into, such as a mold. The problem was that it retained that brittleness. Hence the diamond dust and the binding powder. With both of them and the right application of magic and heat, Marcus could turn the brittle crystal into something better. Something stronger. Something unbreakable. The blueprints resting atop the wall over the desk were faded and worn from being stored and unpacked and sketched on repeatedly but it was all there.
The weapon was a long curving blade coated in the crystal he intended to create. With the innate magical storing capability mixed with the diamond dusts sturdy nature it would make a blade capable of storing energy, any energy, and releasing it with the blade to cleave through armor and magical wards like paper.
He looked at Vovin for a brief moment and knew who the sword would be given to. "Are you ready, Vovin? or do you want to explore the city."

Valmyria Windstrider (tavern)
-Johnus Rinch-
Private messenger

Johnus was a happy man. Always had been, since the day he was born to this great wide earth and further still when he made Mariah Zasslemar his wife and bore for him a strong son who gave him tremendous pride. Forever he would be happy as only simple men could be, happy in the life he'd made and lived in. Until now.
A worried frown took his usually very calm features to unfamiliar territory this day as he slowly made his rounds over the city, delivering packages and other various things to the wide variety of citizenry in his humble city. Everyone from one eyed mercenaries to the friendliest market tradesman. Idly he clutched at the small package tied securely to his hip, clinking lightly through the heavy folds of cloth wrapped around it as it danged from the leather straps tied to his belt. It had been requested to be delivered to the newest cause for concern, one Valmyria Windstrider. He didn't hate her but he hated to war she'd brought to his homeland. Talk of monsters he had scoffed at, Darkspawn marauders destroying castle redcliffe? Preposterous.
It wasn't until he saw the king of redcliffe praying in the local chapel that he had begun to doubt his mistrust of the rumors.
It wasn't until the dark creature had given him the package that he had truly believed the rumors.
The man.. Thing. It walked like a man, had talked like a man, but its mere presence was something entirely. Its skin was monstrous and seemed almost like scales, and the armor below the heavy cloak was heavily battered. Ancient even.
He'd not bothered to ask what the package was or why he wanted it delivered and instead hastily rushed out.

Eventually fortune smiled on him, one of the merchants had not only seen Valmyria but had heard she was currently relaxing, if you could believe such a thing!, at a local tavern he frequented called The Grey Fox.
He entered quietly, smiled to the bartender half-heartedly and scanned the room. His eyes fell on the woman drinking in the corner alone and knew he'd found her.. but now what? His thoughts whirled as he thought about what he would say to her. Oh, sorry miss, but I was menaced by a monster spit from the hells themselves who wanted me to delivery you a god damn bottle of something possibly poison! Take it and die in a corner! Johnus shook his head and banished the thought. He was a professional and he would not falter in the face of this.. thing.

Johnus still approached warily. His voice wasn't steady but it didn't have to be. Deliver the bottle and get out. He thought to himself. "Misstress Valmyria?"
The elf didn't look at him but responded in a friendly tone. "Can I help you with something." She spoke it as more of a command and less of a question.
"Package, Ma'am.. I wish I knew what told me to bring it to you." He whispered the last part as he placed the wrapped leather bottle in front of her, near the other empty bottle she had likely consumed already.
"You may leave, Mr..?"
"Johnus, Ma'am. Johnus Rinch."
"Return to your family, Mr.Rinch. You didn't see anything today, do you understand?" She half-turned to face him, with her eyebrow peaked slightly.
"Was never here. Promise." he turned and almost ran out of the tavern with a smile. Happy to be free of the monsters he played with at that very moment.

Val idly unwrapped the top end of the leather, half expecting the package to be a bottle of poison and a mean-spirited note from some fool knight serving under the king. Maybe the king himself had sent it. As soon as the bottles long neck came into view, she saw the faded tag that had turned from a light white to a stained yellow, from years upon years of age. The name upon the label had been faded but it was definitely a very rare and priceless bottle of some potent drink. Unwrapping it fully did little to reveal its nature, except for a few things that stuck out like a sore thumb.

Firstly, the bottle was in exquisite shape. It had been well preserved in a cellar for its long life somewhere they frequently checked upon. Likely a kings of some sort. Maybe a queen with a thirst?

Though the dates were faded, she ran her hand across the glass and felt the markings of the bottle. Custom made for a special occassion, with wording upon the bottle for whomever it was for. The letters had faded away almost entirely except for one part in elvish. She read it quietly to herself with another upturned eyebrow. "Loyalty is not given out on a corner. It is earned, through blood or deed." The inscription was unrecognizable after that but she hazarded a guess that it was meant for some knight or prince who had done a tremendous act of courage and honor to have warranted something like this. She almost felt bad that she was going to open it.
Almost.

The last thing that struck drew blood. Near the bottom of the large bottle was four seperate lines running up a few inches. Claw marks. The glass had cut her finger as they rolled over them, but healing magic removed them entirely. The fact that it was still able to cut her at all meant they had been made very recently.
The damned hunter had sent this! The monstrous creature had the brass to give her a gift? After nearly killing her?! It all didn't make sense yet but maybe it would later. Maybe all her questions would be answered at the bottom of this very exquisite bottle of wine. She licked her lips despite herself.

Zha'Gren

The hunter prowled along the outer city, the slums or some such nonsense, that was littered with mercenaries and the foulest of men. Someone had to have what he was looking for. The night was setting in as he stalked the rooftops and back alleys, patrols were scarce and scarred faces were in abundance. But none of them looked like they offered a lot of fight..
Despite cuts that still wept lightly upon his body and the crack in his mask, Zha'Gren was still hunting. He'd ended the fight in a tie and even got a few more kills for the service of his new, though hesitant to say aloud, "Master", he was still not recovered enough to be of much use. So now he watched and waited. A suitable subject would come by and he would pounce. He would kill and he would drag it away. The scum of this place deserved no less. All of them had killed innocent children, had raped women and betrayed comrades. There would be no pity and even less mercy.

A large man with a thick mustache and a barreled chest sauntered below the hunter, the man blissfully unaware that he'd been chosen to participate in the greatest honor he could hope to achieve. Zha'Gren had stalked the man before when they'd arrived in the city. A way to kill time that had turned to something of an obsession. The man was huge, nearly 7 foot tall with corded muscles on his tatooed arms and a proud arch in his back that identified him as a commander of sorts. A leader. A light for his men to follow.
A beacon to be extinguished.

Gerak Hunt walked the streets with calm body and sharp eyes. Something was watching him. Had been watching him. Try as he might, he could never see what it was but the upraised hair on the back of his neck made it clear to him that it wasn't a friendly scrying or even a drunken soldier eyeing him with contempt. It was a threat and it was close and it wanted him for something. His hand was always within easy reach of the two curved heavy blades on his hips.
This end of the city was largely unused, meant for the richer mercenaries who could afford a stable home or a private lodge for when business brought them in. One such home belonged to Gerak, Atop a small rise on the street. Both of the homes next to him were unoccupied at the moment but he felt no concern at that. Why should he? He wasn't aware that both the men, whom served under him, had been killed already.

The home was sparsely furnished. Three rooms, ground level, a bedroom and bathing area with another room serving as his armory. Gerak walked in without the slightest care, the stalker never came close to the house anyways, and took off his sword belt, hanging it up near the door and walked to his bedroom.
A shadow followed him across the house.
"Hmm," The big man grumbled staring down at his chambers. Nobody had come by today to grap their payment. It still sat upon his dresser in labeled pouches. "Ah well. Ta' hell with em both, if they don't want their money. None of my concern." His words choked in his mouth as he turned around at the sound of blades hitting the floor.
His own blades.
The leather sheathes and his two curved swords slid to his feet with the sound of grinding wood. Geraks temper flared at the audacity of the intruder. As he looked up, he saw nothing. Not a soul. Sweat dripped down his back. It was in his house. It had given him weapons. It was nowhere to be seen. his heart was pounding as he leaned down quickly and pulled out the weapons and sighed at the relief of the feeling of cold steel in his hands. Familiar steel he would use to slit this assholes throat.

Gerak walked forward and out of the room, his heavy boots thudding with the sound of his own heart beating. Steel ahead and ready he paced into the open space and looked left and right for an attacker. He almost relaxed his guard until the hairs rose up. Whirling in a tight circle he slashed high with the heavy blades, barely missing the man in his doorway, and causing the attacker to leap ahead of the blades. He came up in a roll brandishing a golden sword. A golden sword!
Gerak roared and charged in with both blades in a series of attacks and parries, throwing clever faints before retaliating with devestating backhand swings. The stranger dodged and parried them all several times and landed a shallow cut on Geraks chest that left a tingling sensation as it cleanly slices his flesh. He barely felt the blades sting a moment later and simply thought it adrenaline blocking it out.

More swings from the big man as he tried to overpower the smaller assailant, both blades worked in a perfect routine of attack and defense that left little openings, his sheer bulk forcing the smaller man back step by step until he was finally at the wall. With a roar, Gerak came in again stabbing and regret his choice almost instantly. The smaller man hopped up and sprung from the wall like an acrobat, unhooking a vicious battle axe in mid-leap that he put to quick use. The dull underside of the blade caught around his neck and combined with the sheer force of the mans leap aided by gravity, he was pulled off his feet and strangled as momentum played out. The big man was flipped over the attackers shoulder to slam onto the floor. He felt both blades skitter away as he tried to desperatly catch a breathe.
He screamed with his remaining air when the axe and sword cut off his fingers in one clean slice. He could see the man now, not a man at all, but a monster. A darkspawn.
Zha'Grens foot slammed hard into the big mans chest, blowing his air and the rest of his scream from his lungs and quickly went to work. The poison upon dauntless was already numbing the big man, evident from how he could barely rise let alone fight back anymore. Blood flowed freely from bloody fingers and Zha'Gren went to work. He dropped both blades and slammed his fist into Geraks fist, shattering his jaw and nearly knocking him out entirely. With quick hands he tore open the mans shirt and dipped his fingers into the blood pooling on the floor and began to draw symbols. First one, then another, and another, until only a circle of bloodied markings circled around Geraks heart.

He might not have understood what they were, but he understood what it meant when the monster started chanting something and raising a dagger over his chest. He couldn't even scream as the bloody wards erupted into searing heat that cooked his flesh and seemed to flay his very soul.

Zha'Gren chanted the words to his vicious ritual, a primal chant that channeled the very essence of someones life into the one intoning the sacred rites. It was originally meant to sacrifice the old chief of the jungle tribe to the newest one, invigorating this new chief with the soul and power of the previous one. They never thought it could be used as a weapon. They never thought they would teach it to a Darkspawn.
Mist seeped out of the circle the runes made, the whole body of the sacrificed man was tense, veins lined his skin like a map. The mist was red and floated gently towards the Hunter, spreading over his skin like the ride and began closing wounds, healing bruises, fixing bones, clearing his mind and calming his body. Zha'Gren ended the chanting when he felt he was sufficiently healed and focused on the man laying before him. His skin was pale, shriveled and tight over the muscled chest of the man. He was near death but that didn't matter to the Hunter now. Healing through magic was only part of it. It was time to appease baser instincts.
Zha'Gren hoisted the man up as if he weighed nothing. His eyes, sunken but still clearly understanding his situation, almost pleaded. His voice rang out briefly in a desperate attempt for mercy that was cut short as the wrist blade upon Zha'Grens arm severed his neck deep enough to cut out the mans voice box. The bone mask fell the Darkspawns head, clattered to the floor with a hollow thud, to reveal the monsters face to the dieing man. He couldn't even scream as he gurgled upon his last bits of blood.
He lived on a little longer as the poor fellow listed to the sound of his flesh being torn off his body by his killer and devoured in a display of blood and gore.
Last edited by Zelosse on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Target 4 - Duncan Esquire - TARGET FLEEING; Town Mayor

Duncan was a man who was familiar with the sensation of fear. For most of his life, he had been a smuggler for whoever needed the help and had the funds to do so. The thrill of the danger and the adrenaline that came from the thought of being discovered drove him and his brother for years in their business. He had been arrested on more than one occasion, even tortured once. It wasn't until his brother died in a deal that went south, that Duncan decided to get out and live a normal life with a family. He became an honest man, worked hard, became well respected by those in Lothering, enough that they had elected him to be their representative as a Major.

That changed the day they came. Life had always been rough, but they promised a better world. Not just for him, but for his girls.

Now, he regretted ever helping them.

Now, he felt dread race down his spine.

"Hurry up!" he yelled at the two guards behind him as they rushed down an alley. He knew they weren't going to be enough. This assassin, this devil, had poisoned Antiono without anyone ever seeing him. Eliminated Captain Alistar without even taking a wound. And now, now he was sure that he had somehow gotten to the Bann, and that he was next. He cursed himself for his stupidity in this.

"Could it be the Arl?" called one of the guards.

"No, that smug bastard would've had us arrested, tried, and hung within an afternoon. He's too noble for an assassin like this," replied the Major as he opened a warehouse door. "Quickly! In here, we should be safe for a while."

The small group entered into the windowless structure. Besides the small door they had entered into, there was a larger door meant for a wagon at the other in. Inside the building was a large, armor plated carriage, fitted for battle and protection. Large steel plates covered most of the carriage's wooden structures. The wheels had been specially enforced to resist being torn off, and had large metal spikes bolted onto the hub. The armored carriage already had four of some of the largest horses Duncan had seen, hooked up and read to go. Even these horses had armor plating. In addition to the carriage, there were already a number of soldiers changing into Redcliffe Uniforms. Duncan knew and recognized each and every man and woman present.

He also knew how the order would go when they leave. It was a customized layout he ran when he use to do heavy shipments. He'd have men posted on the front, back, and the top of the carriage plus two riding the foremost horses. These soldiers would be armed with short swords and crossbows, and wearing heavy armor meant to prevent damage from throwing knives, and even crossbows if they caught them right. Two soldiers would provide cover on horseback, similarly armed but with spears as well. Inside he had three of his best smugglers with him who knew how to fight in a tight space.

He ran through the numbers as he changed as well into the uniform of a diplomat. He was about average build everywhere, nothing very noticeable. He added a large walrus mustache to his disguise to top it off.

"Sir?" came a voice from his side. It was the driver. "We're ready when you are, but what about the crate?"

"Load it inside the carriage," he said as he put a final adjustment on his gloves. "It'll be a special prize in case our friend catches up."

"Ladies and Gentlemen!," he called out as he addressed the room. "We've been discovered and getting the hell out of here. The Teryn has a camp, not three days march from here. We ride hard for as long as the horses last, and then we'll cut through the woods on foot until we hit camp."

Everyone scrambled in the room, and Duncan risked a last look at the box as he climbed into the carriage. If I'm going to die, I'm sure as hell taking you with me, Assassin.

The doors to the warehouse blew open, and the hasty escort started out. While the horses were bred for running and pulling large loads, this was getting close to their limit. But the horses would still make good speed and time. All Duncan had to do was get out of the city gates and onto the road where the horses full potential could be utilized.

And the fact that it was all downhill helped quite a bit too.

Valmyria Windstirder - The Grey Fox

Damn hunter, she thought for the hundredth time that day. She poured a little bit more of the drink into a glass and carefully drank it, enjoying each and every moment of the drink. It was exquisite wine. She promised herself that she wouldn't drink all of it. No, not this wine. It was too good to greedily consume in one setting.

Of course, this could just be the hunter's plan. Get her drunk or poisoned and it would be easier to finish her off.

But, the Warden Commander really didn't care anymore.

"Is this seat taken?"

The elf looked up at the speaker. It was one of the the Templars from the bar. He was still in armor, the recognizable markings of Knight-Captain, something she thought was against regulation, but as all else she didn't care. The man's face had a scar from a battle long ago, but he was still young with black hair and a small black beard.

She eyed her bottle and then back at the man. He held his hands up, one of which already had a drink in it. "Brought my own."

"Sure. Bored with your buddies over there?" she said as she moved a foot off the opposite bench.

"Ehh, their company is fine," he replied as he sat down, adjusting the armor slightly so he could comfortably sit. "But you? I see you over her without any company, and with such a unique bottle of wine as well. What's the occasion?"

"You don't need company to drink life's problems away, and enjoy the few pleasantries."

The man chuckled slightly as he raised his mug to drink from. "I'll agree with that."

"And what would bring the Chantry's boys to a bar like this?" she asked.

"Heh. This place has some special memories for me," he said as he sat the glass down. "My father was a trader, we came through every once and a while and would always stop here. He was good friends with the owner. When I became a Templar, we celebrated here. Even held his funeral here."

"So who died this time?" she casually asked as she reached for her glass.

"No one, yet," he replied, swishing his mug around a little. "We're from Denerim, on a hunt for some apostates who escaped custody several days ago. We found them, tore us to hell. But we came out swinging. That I'd take my men here to celebrate living through their first hunt."

"I understand that feeling," replied Valmyria with a sigh. "I use to be a Quel'Elhen Ranger. I helped Templars from time to time, even ran some hunts of my own."

The Knight-Captain raised his eyes in surprise. "I'm honored to met such a talented woman as yourself. What do you mean you use to?"

"Well. I got caught up in some problems in Denerim. A Grey Warden invoked the Right of Conscription, and I was forced to be a Grey Warden," she said with bitterness in her voice. "Didn't help that I took his job less than a year later."

"Ahh. You're the Warden-Commander, Valmyria Windstrider," he said with a light of recognition and a grin on his face. "I'd never thought I'd be able to meet such a famous person here!"

The elf shrugged and turned the conversation back to him. "So how did you become a Templar, Ser...?"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing