Persona: Winds of Change OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Persona: Winds of Change OOC

Postby PandaBrady » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Persona: Winds of Change

In a small Japanese town, a game will soon be played, using the lives of innocent people as simple pawns, and the result meaning life or death for the world. The terms of the game are simple. One party, shall distribute a plethora of hallucinations and places throughout the town, trying to draw intended victims in and allow them to release their inner selves. The other party, shall stay back, only watching to see if any others are willing to show their bravery and cunning to discover the true intent behind the happenings. Hinasho is a small Tourist mountain town, attracting many people throughout the year due to its paranormal activity. Usually the activity is due to animals or a local prankster, but there is a house that receives very many visitors due to its oddness. It is abandoned, but seems to come to life at night, the lights turning on, the sound of piano music throughout the house, and the sometimes endless hallways. None have managed to stay the whole night there, and it is often used by local students to scare and haze new students and with the announcement of getting a new student, a half American city boy, students are talking of how they are going to trick him into staying there for the night. Enter Kaze Shison, a city kid with parents that are going to America for a year on business, but are unable to take him and his little brother Ishidaiku. They are going to live with their Aunt Chizuru and her Daughter Sakura. Chizuru runs the local tourist information hut, where many souvenirs are sold to the tourists, such as pop sensation Hunny Tea who is staying at a local Onsen and Inn. The school year starts on 4/9, and Kaze is arriving on the 7th with his brother. Kaze doesn’t realize it yet, but he and his friends to come may be swept into an event that could mean the fate of the world.

The Town:
Hinasho is a small town with the center of town being the downtown area, full of shops, a shrine, and a few resturants. To the North of that is the mall and Uptown area, which makes the downtown area look small, the mall booming to life in an attempt to bring new life to the city. South West of the downtown is the Highschool which is a basic 3 story Japanese high school. Nothing fancy about it. East of the school is the country houses, where a few houses sit amongst the trees, and the abandoned house stands. No one really remembers it being built, nor does anyone have record of it. The East of the Downtown is the Komizu River which goes along the road towards the school and residential area just north of it. Along the river is the Hinako Park, which many use to meet and hang out, when not at the mall. It is rather small, with a single Gazibo and a Jungle Gym. Along the North of town is the Highway, the Tourist Tower, and the Onsen Inn. The Tourist Tower is made to allow visitors to take an elevator to the top of it, and look at the town from a high vantage point. The windows have posters to point out the various spots around town with “Paranormal Activity.” The Onsen Inn is a famous Inn for its spa treatment and natural hotsprings.

Persona:
Persona are beings of immense power, brought forth from the sea of your soul to combat the Shadows, creatures that live in another world. They are only accessible after having accepted one’s self and being able to deal with it properly. Therefore, balance can be shared with the vessel, allowing the use of Persona. Outside of the Other World, the shadows may seep in from time to time, and once that moment is seen, the Persona user attains a Masquerade, a mask allowing them access to their persona in the real world. However, this power may be seen as problematic to say the least, and may want to be kept hidden from the world. Persona come in all forms shapes and sizes, and vary greatly between each other.

Spells:
Spells are arranged by Spell type, and given prefixes and suffixes to become stronger at times, but a persona must level up and learn to use its power correctly to access the stronger spells.
The Types are Elemental, Force, Light, and Dark
Elemental: Agi (Fire), Aqua (Water), Zio (Lightning), Magna (Earth), Garu (Wind), Bufu (Ice)
Force: Zan (Physical damage), Gry (Gravity), Megido (Almighty), Frei (Nuclear)
Light: Hama (Holy instant kill), Dia (Recovery), and the Assist Spells.
Dark: Mudo (Dark instant kill), Dormina (Sleep), Pulinpa (Panic), as well as the status spells.
A full list can be found here: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List ... Sin_Skills
(Note: Fusion Spells will be allowed, Rumor spells will not be however.)
and here:
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List ... a_4_Skills
(Note: These Skills Supersede the list above this one.)

Skills:
You may have noticed in the list above Skills. These reduce your health to deal more damage than you normally would to an enemy…usually. They all have different factors to dealing damage to your opponent, and may end up doing less damage than your intended weapon. The list can be found above, as well as here: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List ... a_4_Skills

Gameplay:
Each player will play as a party member who has lived in town for X amount of time. They will play as a normal student, each going about their daily lives and choosing how to spend their time. A normal post should include the following.
Date: X/X Time: XX:XX (24:00 scale. Using the times given by GM) Location:
(Filler of what your character is doing at this time, thinking, and if they choose to do something that is a notable event)

After this, you may also want to keep updated on your Character Sheet exactly what you’ve learned, how many “Points” A certain thing may give you, and what is in your inventory. Remember, your pockets aren’t a bag of holding, you will have to manage your items accordingly. Size will matter on an item, though Yen is another thing. Scrap won in battle however, will be explained later, just know you won’t have to worry about it. Different Scrap will allow you to unlock new weapons, armor, and accessories some times, so keep an eye out for useful ones you want to keep. Also, remember though your character may not be considered the MC, you can choose to go off on your own and influence group decisions. You are part of a party, but not an obedient lapdog.

Instructions:
Pick an Arcana, a Persona (preferably an original or non-important fusion), and an inconspicuous weapon of course. Think of this as a giant collab making a game. You get to make your own backstory, what you are doing during the day, etc. I’m giving very free range here. However, once combat commences, I will have stat based battle going about. That doesn’t necessarily mean that your post is “I slash at the Blathering Halberie’s tongue.” Your post can go into great detail about what you do Once a Social Link is completed, and you get your second Persona.

The following list is a list of Personae that must be requested to use. Remember, you can make a Custom Persona, as long as it is OKed with the GM, for instance, Vulcanus would not be a Ice type healer, you will need to make sense with what they are.

List:
Black Frost
Jack Frost
Pyro Jack
Pixie
Saki Mitama
High Pixie
Gabriel
Mother Harlot
King Frost
Thoth
Omoikane
Raphael
Slime
Ara Mitama
Chimera
Nataku
Angel
Archangel
Principality
Throne
Melchezidek
Uriel
Sraosha
Naga
Kurama Tengu
Kusi Mitama
Sandman
Valkyrie
Titan
Orthros
Hell Biker
Vasuki
Pale Rider
Matador
Mot
Alice
Sylph
Nigi Mitama
Incubus
Succubus
Beelzebub
Belphagor
Belial
Bishamonten
Mara
Yoshitusne
Neko Shogun
Garuda
Helel
Lucifer
Yamata-No-Orochi
Baal Zebul
Sandalphon
Metatron
Trumpeter
Michael
Satan
Messiah
Baphomet

CS:
Name:
Appearance:
History:
Persona:
P.Appearance:
Arcana:
Absorb: Resistant: Weak:
Spell List (Cost):
Weapon:

(Only for MC)
Courage:
Knowledge: Dilligence:
Expression: Understanding:

Name: Kaze Shison
Appearance: Kaze is 5’11” has White medium length Cut Hair swept to the right, Large Green Eyes, fair pale skin, and has a medium build. He normally wears a white undershirt under a black Golf Shirt with khaki cargo pants, and a pair of plain white sneakers, when not in the school uniform.
Persona: Enkidu
P.Appearance: Enkidu appears as a cloaked figure with chunks of rock for armor on his right arm and leg which are visible. His head has a silver helmet giving off a look of a beast like a lion. In his right arm is a long axe like weapon with a black blade.
Arcana: World
Absorb: Earth Resist: / Ref: / Weak: Wind
Spell List: Magna (4 SP), Rakukaja (12 SP), Cleave (5% HP)
Weapon: 1 or 2 handed swords

Courage: 1
Knowledge: 1 Dilligence: 1
Expression: 1 Understanding: 1

Alright, post up your characters, and ask away any questions. I hope you will update your character as the game progresses, and the cost is purely for RP purpose, it won't effect you, but you won't be able to simply spam cast anything. Using Skills to much will leave you tired, and using Spells too often will end in you unable to cast again. I expect you guys to have characters act accordingly. Thanks for the votes.
Last edited by PandaBrady on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Persona: Winds of Change OOC

Postby Sigment » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Man, I would really like to use Seiryu. He would be of the Ice element, and likely the Temperance Arcana.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 pm

I cant decide between the Fool and whichever one my boi Kanji had.

Postby Sigment » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm

That would be Emperor, Scrambles.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 pm

I have chopped the List once more, to allow more freedom with Persona Choices. Remember, Original Creations are always welcomed.

Postby Sigment » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:20 pm

May as well get my CS started.

Name: Akatsuki Toroname

Appearance: Akatsuki is 5'11", with medium gray hair almost always covering his right eye. He is always seen wearing his cap and head wrap. He bears a scar on the left side of his face from an encounter with wild animals on a camping trip.

Akatsuki keeps the sleeves on his school uniform rolled up past the elbow, and leaves the outer shirt unbuttoned. When not in uniform, he wears a brown, partially-unbuttoned shirt and denim jeans. On his wrists, he sports a pair armbands. Wrapped around his right arm and his neck, he carries a pair of necklaces that belonged to his late mother and sister.

History: Akastuki is the only son of Genji Toroname, the owner of the local dojo. The Toroname family has lived in Hinasho for generations, and the dojo has seen its ownership passed down among the men of the family, with Akatsuki next in line. As such, he has taken many lessons from his father, and has become very skilled with hand-to-hand combat, as well as learning to use the Bo staff on his own time. Though he is not entirely fond of having his future chosen for him, he has continued in the hopes that he can one day feel that he wants this as much as his ancestors did.

Akatsuki prefers to avoid talk of his mother and sister, who were killed in a hit-and-run collision two years ago. Though despite his unwillingness to speak on the subject, he still periodically visits their graves, and prays for their spirits at the local shrine. When asked about it afterwards, he would say, "I don't really believe the shrine works, but I feel like it'd be a crime not to at least try."

Persona: Seiryu

P. Appearance: Seiryu appears as a Chinese dragon with azure blue scales and golden eyes, with a pair of arms along the length of its body. Spanning several feet in length, the fearsome beast can sweep along the battlefield like a blizzard. When not attacking, it wraps its body in a spiral, hovering behind Akatsuki.

Arcana: Magician

Absorb: Ice - Resist: / - Reflect: / - Weak: Thunder

Spell List: Bufu (4 SP), Patra (3 SP), Arm Chopper (9% HP)

Weapon: Bo Staff (can separate into two halves for transportation)
Last edited by Sigment on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:08 pm

accepted.

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:51 pm

CS (will fix anything that's a problem)

Name:

Seiji (誠治 (せいじ)) Renge (蓮華 (れんげ))

Kanji:

Hiragana:

Appearance:

5' 9", with short, black hair--fine, and straight with a deep, side parting that sweeps the front fringe high and to the left, completely out of his eyes. The rest of his hair is smoothed down and lightly shaped to loosely contour with his head, the back of his hair tapering down to a thin layer barely reaching the base of his neck.

Seiji has hazel eyes and a healthy, light complexion that flushes red very easily and very noticeably whenever he's flustered.

Out of school, Seiji sports a black henley shirt coupled with fitted, contrast-stitched jeans in a variety of dark shades, and a pair of loosely-tied, dark-brown work boots to finish off his casual, light-weather outfit. In colder weather, he throws a gray duffell coat over his ensemble and swaps the jeans and boots for gray flannel trousers and black saddle shoes accented with a gray band.

History:

Seiji's family moved to Hinasho a generation ago to escape the clamor of urban life and to "live off the land," as his grandfather liked to remind him. The family took up residence in what is now the downtown area of Hinasho, running a small butcher shop boasting fresh meat from the local fauna. In what became something of a tradition for the Renge family, the men often go hunting in the mountain forests during the weekends, though Seiji tries his best to be unavailable whenever those trips take place. Nonetheless, escape isn't always possible in a family of hunters and, despite personal misgivings, Seiji became proficient in wielding a crossbow.

When not being coerced into hunting, Seiji prefers to lie in bed and daydream of grander things in life, obsessed with spending all his time in his mind, dreaming about could-be's and could-have-been's instead of making any progress in reality. Every so often, a wicked little voice in his mind whispers to him about his bleak future and Seiji's response is always the same: flee further into fantasy and daydreams--never confront, never try, because failure is too real a possibility in the real world. To Seiji, it's the world that's at fault, not him. Everyone else is maudlin and unimaginative and there was really no need to interact with people like that when he could be thinking of far more interesting things. Whenever that wicked little voice whispers, "You're no different from everyone else," Seiji dreams up a new place to run.

Persona: Bandersnatch

P. Appearance:

Seiji's Persona is a monstrosity to behold--one part snake, one part spider, and one part crocodile, Seiji's 30-foot-long chimera can move at breakneck speeds, the flexible snake-like body propelled forward by the menacing drumming of a hundred sharp arachnid legs, its streamlined crocodile jaws wide open and ready to crush its pitiful prey. Bandersnatch's svelte, black body is decorated with silver symbols and characters of fictional languages. The symbols on Bandersnatch's body are in constant flux--flowing, twitching, fading in and out, zigzagging--the only constants are Bandersnatch's six spherical, red eyes gleaming with a malicious red light.

Arcana: Moon

Absorb: /
    Resist: Ice
    Reflect: Dark
    Weak: Fire, Light

Spell List:

Evil Touch (5 SP)
    Mudo Boost (Passive)
    Mudo (8 SP)

Weapon: Recurve crossbow
Last edited by (CH3)3CLi on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pyrophoric

Postby Sigment » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting you to go that far into detail. CS History isn't even required, so I didn't think about it. At the age of 16, I assume our characters would be second-year students, right?

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:46 pm

The blank CS (above the sample CS of Panda's character) has "History" as one of its sections, though. If that's inaccurate, I'll delete the history later.

At 16, depending on how late or early in the year they were born, they can either be first- or second-years.
Pyrophoric

Postby Sigment » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Huh. Sneaky bugger. Well, I gotta be honest, mine was kind of a first draft. I plan on touching it up later.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Normally, I'd be opposed to Bandersnatch, but I really like how you've personalized him. I also enjoy your history. I chose to leave history out of my sample because I felt I went over all of the important parts with the outline of the RP post. I do want history on CS though, so thank you.
Accepted

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Awesome. Thanks!
Pyrophoric

Postby Sigment » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm

M'kay, I touched up the CS a bit. Let me know what you think. Also, I switched his Arcana to Magician, if that's okay.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Yep, everything checks out. Funny enough, I have a character that was a PI 2 years ago. Detail will be in the RP later.

Postby Sigment » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:36 am

I kinda wanna add a Personality area to my CS to go further into detail, if it's alright.

BTW, Tert, I plan on Akatsuki being a second-year. What about you?

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:14 am

Alright, a personality area is fine. I just chose not to have one in there so there would be more freedom to character actions

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am

Seiji is a first-year.
Pyrophoric

Postby Sigment » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:10 pm

So I changed my mind about the personality thing. But, uh, who else +1'd the RP? Cheesemore, I know, but who else?

Brady, how many finished CS's do you want before we get started?

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:38 am

Draken and Cheese we are still waiting on. I would like all characters done before we start, but I can start whenever at this point.

Postby Sigment » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Should we PM them first? Just to make sure if they won't be able to post theirs soon.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PandaBrady » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Already did.

Postby Sigment » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:50 pm

In that case, I'm willing to start whenever.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:45 am

I'm sorry guys. Usually Friday's and Saturdays are not good days for me to work on stuff like this. I'll be working on it later today, though if you want to start already I have no problems with it. Rather join in late than make everyone else wait for me. Just seems rude.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Similar to my buddy Cheese here, I am working on a CS but the past couple days, and this week, are gonna be hella busy for me. Start if you want, I will not be offended.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Next

Return to Role Playing