Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - 2 spots open)

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Scrambles wrote:It was a very underpowered prestige class compared to all the other things mages could do.

Seems like they just threw it in there to make someone happy.

MQuinny1234 wrote:I think you can buff it up a bit.

Yeah, scrambles you can. Might have to limit you on somethings, like turning into a dragon.

Speaking of dragon... nah, I'll save that bit for later.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:20 pm

If a dragon shows up, smoke bomb, gone.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm

It wouldn't be at Redcliffe. It's going to be messy enough with all the fighting going on. Maybe later.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Somebody say DRAGON?!?!!?

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Zelosse » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Oh jeez, now you got him going. Damnit Quinn.

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Draken30000 wrote:Somebody say DRAGON?!?!!?

WE GOT HIM OUT INTO THE OPEN! QUICKLY, TACKLE HIM AND DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE!

Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm

*Shoots him in the kneecaps*
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm

... that works too, I guess.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Do you want him tackled and captured, or do you want a cripple who's bleeding out and requires urgent medical attention and will die without our assistance, hence forcing him to stick with us or become corpseriffic?

At least until we stabilise him, in which case, he's still crippled. Just give him a wheelchair with cut tires and we're fine.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I DONT NEED KNEECAPS! THERE ARE DRAGONS ABOUT!!!

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Dragon? Nonsense! There hasn't been a dragon in these parts for a thousand years!

Semper Vigilans

Postby Scrambles » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:44 am

Felt like making another character

Name: Teelo “The Forest Child”

Race: Half-elf

Class: Mage (Shapeshifter)

Affiliation: Teelo doesn’t know what that word means

Skills/magic/abilities:

Shapeshifting Prodigy: The ability to shapeshift seems to be in Teelo’s very blood. Even at the age of five he was able to change in to small woodland creatures. Now teelo has learned to transform in to Halla, wolves, small bears, Insect swarms as well as his myriad of forms of small creatures.

Primal: Having never been taught magic traditionally, Teelo knows only of the primal forms of magic. He can create rock armor as well as fling stones at “Predators” and has begun to learn to control the wind.
Speak to Animals: Teelo can talk to all natural creatures (Darkspawn and other unnatural creatures do not count)

Hunting Expert: Teelo has hunted every day that he can remember simply to survive, his skills at tracking (Aside from his senses as different animals.) are incredible and his knowledge of the deep forests rival that of even the best of Elven rangers.

Appearance: Teelo looks exactly like what one would expect a child growing up alone in the woods would look like. With dreadlocks and a dirty face set off by his deep emerald eyes and much tanned skin Teelo is the epitome of a feral child. He has the pointed ears of an elf but lacks the lithe bone structure. What little clothing he wears are scraps from the dead Teelo finds in the forest, be they elves killed by bereskarn or hapless humans who simply got lost in the woods and never found their way out; if there is something interesting Teelo will take it and wear it. Currently he wears a tattered Templar tabard, belted by a cord from a mages sash and a loincloth made from the blouse of a peasant along with a necklace or several tiny trinkets Teelo took a liking to. Being a small child, Teelo is missing a few teeth while some are growing in, his feet and hands are so calloused they would surprise a blacksmith. There is a birthmark on his back in the shape of a wolves head surrounded by blurry elven scripture. His posture (if one could call it that) is very primal; Teelo never seems to stand up straight, always crouching or resting on the balls of his feet like a cat at rest.

Starting equipment: Sharpened stone: Mostly used for carving trees or digging.

Leather Sling: Used for pulling pranks on elves or whoever Teelo comes across.

Hollowed Halla stomach: Sort of a knapsack, disgusting but useful

Personality: Teelo is the definition of a whimsical trickster, he finds the “Two-legs” as curious creatures that are easily frustrated which brings Teelo much joy. He has no concept of modern society and as such is naïve, even innocent to the horrors and sorrows of the world at large. While primal in nature, Teelo is incredibly clever (Growing as he did sharp wits were a must for survival) and learns quickly when danger is near and how to either avoid it or remain unseen. His trickster nature is only outshined by his curiosity, leading him to spy on “Two-legs” in the guise of birds, rabbits and field mice. He tends to follow the dalish for weeks at a time, pulling pranks and watching their ways until he becomes bored and travels elsewhere. While he knows what he looks like from his reflection in streams and rivers, Teelo does not consider himself a Two-leg, but rather another creature of the wilds.

Fear is an emotion Teelo has rationalized as simply another instinct, one that lets him know when he should hide from predators and run for the safety of the bush or even stand his ground and face down that which is hunting him. From his time in the forest and his encounters with the biggest predators in the deepest woods, Teelo has learned to bury fear with his survival instinct which is the one thing that has kept him alive above all else. With no knowledge of cooking, Teelo tends to eat his prey raw like other predators of the wilds.

History: Teelo has no memory of his parents, the earliest things he can remember is the forest, and rain that lasted for days. He remembers hunger, a deep hunger, one that would have taken him if not for the wolf that watched over him, scaring off the predators that would have picked him off for lunch. He learned from the wolf, how to hunt, how to sneak and prowl. Teelo never learned to create fire, at least not when he was very young and so the wolf would keep him warm during cold nights. After his first hunt alone, while feasting on the carcass of a rabbit, Teelo felt something inside him change. With this change he seemed to learn from the creatures he hunted and eventually he was able to become such creatures. With time his abilities grew and he was soon running with wolf packs, fishing with bears and soaring through the skies. He grew to love the strength the wilds gave to him, but as he grew in strength, his wolf protector seemed to retreat more and more and one day Teelo never saw his guardian again.

After his teacher left him to his own devices Teelo began traveling the untamed places in Fereldan. He has trekked through the Brecilian Forest, skittered through the oldest of elven ruins and been deep in the Korcari Wilds, turned back only by the dropping temperatures from the icy wastelands beyond. He has spied on those he calls “Two-legs” Humans, elves and dwarves alike out of shear curiosity by their behavior. From his watchings he has picked up some of the human tongue as well as elvish, barely considered fluent and with grammar that would make a teacher cry.
Along with watching these creatures he also pulls pranks, cutting the bowstrings of hunters, tearing open bags and stealing trinkets he finds curious. Among certain dalish his antics have been called the acts of Fen’Harel the Dread Wolf trickster. Humans who live close to the wild places simply blame the dalish for their misfortune though some spread rumors of the ghost of an elf boy who died in the woods. Around the time that may be his 8th birthday, Teelo began to hear the howls of his guardian once more, but whenever he tracked down the source he would find only a singular paw print. After several failed attempts to track his teacher Teelo decided he was not yet ready to find him again and has set out to prove to the wolf that he is ready to join him in the hunt once more.

Starting Point: Redcliffe, playing with a small girl in the form of a cat.

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Going to be really interesting to see how he will be unsed and involved with the rest of the cast. He reminds me of an extremely filty and dark WilyKat (2011 version). Yeah, you're good to go.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Scrambles » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 pm

At the very least he will be a very comedic counter to Isador, no matter what pranks he pulls on him Isador wont harm Teelo.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm

My god, I can feel myself aging at an accelerated rate waiting for posts. Hah.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm

...Who's the old guy?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Are we waiting on me? o.o

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I think it's the mages.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, although feel free if you guys want to post in a yes or no kind of thing to pass the time. I see both Deena and Berry on every once and a while (mods have this incredible ability to see hidden people). I believe they know what is going on and just making a finely crafted post.

I'll do something if it takes too long though.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Zelosse » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 am

I am going to develop a third character.

Postby Deena » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 am

Posted, Berry might post later.

About the earlier conversation about dragons...well, if the magebabies see a dragon or darkspawn they're not sticking around either. It's a bad idea for the best healer in the party to be turned into mincemeat, anyway.

Postby Scrambles » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 am

Im still debating whether or not to post for Teelo now or when the Denerim group gets dropped in. For now he would probably just follow Arvashok since he has never seen a Qunari.

Postby Zelosse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 am

Something tells me when arvashok finds out about the shapeshifter he will go to great lengths to kill it

Postby Deena » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:54 am

Not likely. Morrigan was a shapeshifter and Sten didn't kill her.

Postby Zelosse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:09 am

Sten wasn't Arvashok.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing