Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - Sign Ups Open)

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Arvashok doesn't care about trophies or heirlooms, merely that everything has a use. So the sword could go to anyone for all he cares. But he does understand personal conflicts and will back any move Val decides on as long as it offers an honorable resolution that settles any pretense of debt. Explaining that the weapon belongs to the Wardens initially would be one such method. Being stern and direct will prove to further show Arvashok that she's worthy of command.

Personally, I'd enjoy having Zha along. While he and Arvashok share some qualities, those similar traits are gonna make for some interesting moments if they have to journey together.
Demon of Elru

Postby Zelosse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 pm

That or some interesting moments to walk into. Whole bar flipped upside down, armed mercenaries of some notoriety sprawled across the finery, and those two just giving each other the hateful glare from amidst the wreckage that was formely the Smiling Pig Tavern.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Precisely. Then there's the fact they'd jointly scare the holy shit out of a lot of folks just by walking around...

And I wanna walk those two right into a chantry.
Demon of Elru

Postby Zelosse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Oh god the faces... The reactions... The Carnage of a Darkspawn in their midst.
Priceless gems to be spent wisely.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 pm

The Oathkeeper was never really intended as a heirloom item. Its awarded to the most "able" of Templars by the Chantry. Its my favorite sword in Draong Age, until I get Ducan's Sword, which shares the same model... Wait, that gives me an idea.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:49 pm

I love ideas!

So when can I expect a post?

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Better idea came to my mind. I'll have it up in just a second.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Hurraaaaay, things to do other than work.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Gawd, I would love to cross blades with Zha.

Zelosse, I'm open to the idea of him being with the Wardens, but Val wouldn't be thinking to take him a long. I need you to suggest it to her as an option.
Mercypostle

Postby Glacier » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Done
Last edited by Glacier on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

OMG, A CS POPPED UP!

A WIP, indeed, but looks good Glacier. Just keep on working on it.
Mercypostle

Postby Glacier » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:04 am

Will do. About to go out of town, but I can edit from my phone from this point

Postby Zelosse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am

Clever plan. You know he won't try to take something he knows doesn't belong to him. Gonna have to set her straight on that killing the innocents thing. That look in her eyes screams "kill it, save the innocent of the future".

Ro you want a moment before I post or can I guilt trip the elf.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 am

Glacier wrote:Will do. About to go out of town, but I can edit from my phone from this point

Well then, have a fun and safe trip.
Mercypostle

Postby Scrambles » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am

Everything happens in the bar in Denerim that Isador left ><

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am

I could stir up trouble, or you can just walk back in there. Perhaps you saw Berry's character, Amir.
Mercypostle

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:15 am

More elves, huh. Wanted to do an Elf Templar if I found the time, but half the game is elves and the other half is (ex-)templars. Haha.
For the Greater Good

Postby Zelosse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:59 am

A bit out of character for the creature, but justice is justice. Serve till he can be proud again.

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:33 am

Sorry for a lack of response, Zel. Anyway, don't usually have the time for IC posts over the weekend. I'll try to catch up as best I can Monday.

For now: Know that Devan was already using some weeds he fell near to make a suppresent agent to weaken the poison along with a salve he keeps rolled in some paper under his armor. He's awake by now, but just sitting against a tree and can't move too fast.
Demon of Elru

Postby Zelosse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Antidote was for the mage.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Its here! Sorry I took so long, and sorry its kinda underwhelming for the amount of time it took. Lemme know what needs changing!

Name: Vovin (Vo-veen) Dranis

Race: Human

Class: Spirit Warrior (Labels himself as Dragon Knight)

Affiliation: Himself. He may affiliate with someone of something later in the story, but in the end his allegiance is to himself and the Order.

Skills/magic/abilities: Standard issue for Spirit Warriors, as listed below with a few personal tweaks (which will likely need approval). The name and visual changes for the established Spirit Warrior powers.

-Dragon Spirit (Beyond the Veil): Vovin dons a cloak made from spiritual energies. Visually the cloak is a reddish orange and has certain draconic accentuations like clawed hands and, if he channels the cloak more intensely, draconic wings. Combat wise the cloak allows him to evade attacks much more efficiently and greatly reduces the effect of incoming spells. While this effect applies to almost all spells, a gigantic fireball reduced to the effect of a medium sized fireball would still hurt like hell, as an example. Also due to his mastery of Dragon Fire (Soul Brand), the cloak also coats his blade in spirit energy, increasing its sharpness and dealing spirit damage to those who are struck. The cloak constantly drains his stamina, to an even greater extent when he enters the above mentioned wing mode.

-Dragon Fire (Soul Brand): Enhances the effects of Dragon Spirit (Beyond the Veil) as detailed above.

-Dragon Surge (Fade Burst): Vovin creates an explosion of burning spiritual energy that originates at him.

-Wing Mode (Blessing of the Fade): Further increases the movement, attack speed boost, and spell reduction effect from the cloak. Visually causes the cloak to sprout mighty draconic wings.

-Flame Slash: Channelling spirit energy along his sword, Vovin unleashes a slice of flaming spirit energy at his foes.

Appearance: Vovin is a six foot tall, black haired, olive skinned human with friendly green eyes that become fierce and determined in combat. He is slim but with impressive muscle tone due to the training he underwent to master the spiritual energies of the ancient dragons. He wears black plate armour forged to resemble a mighty black dragon (https://d44ytnim3cfy5.cloudfront.net/as ... 1348702713) while still allowing him great freedom of movement. He wields a two handed great sword named the Zmaj (http://www.argentarchives.org/files/gal ... Misery.jpg) that is contained in a sheath on his back when not drawn for combat. He also keeps a small ornate knife (http://www.swordsaxe.com/images/product ... gger_1.jpg) in a leg sheath for emergencies. If he is not adorned in his armor, Vovin wears simple peasants clothes, which has often gotten him mistaken for peasantry.

Starting equipment: Sword - Zmaj
Dagger
Armor
Clothing

Personality: Vovin is a kind man, always willing to help those in need and be a friend. He is almost a stereotypical good guy, even his mission is heroic. However, he lacks some of the fallacies that plague many heroes. Primarily he is no fool. Perceptive, intelligent, and not gullible, Vovin's mind is as sharp as his sword. He may not be the most intelligent, but he is no where close to being an idiot. Second, unless he has an attachment to a person/place/thing/etc, he will not sacrifice himself for it. Will he save people? Absolutely. But what if he would die in the process? Maybe not. If there is the risk of death, Vovin will assess the situation and judge whether or not it is acceptable before undertaking the task. Outside of combat Vovin is light hearted. He goes about his business in a generally jovial manner. However he is always willing to discuss the serious topics, whether they be battle plans or matters of the heart, he will bring his intelligence and kindness to the table.

History: Vovin was born into the midst of a secret religious organization known as the Draconis Order. This relatively small, yet devout group of individuals’ base their faith around the concepts of the dragons of old. They have discovered a wealth of texts that detail dragons as majestic and powerful creatures, neither good nor evil, and awe-inspiring to behold. The organization functions in a secret base located in the mountains near dragon’s peak. The base itself is half constructed in the mountain, with the rest overlooking Denerim from a distance. They do not hide out of fear of being prosecuted or because their intentions are evil. Quite to the contrary, the Draconis Order seeks a way to free dragons from the influence of the Darkspawn, both to release such a majestic creature, and to thwart any Blights. They have two side goals – one being to find an Old God and protect it from the Darkspawn, and the second being to raise a warrior capable of representing them and accomplishing great deeds in their name. Such a warrior is Vovin. Born to the head of the organization, Vovin’s mother died in childbirth, leaving him to the designs of his father, who raised him to be a warrior since he was old enough to hold a sword. Having long ago learned the ways of the spirit warrior, Vovin’s father worked with the few rogue mages the organization had to discover a way to link Vovin to the spirits of noble fallen dragons. Vovin showed a strong connection with the Fade at an early age, despite not having the kind of connection that allowed him to wield magic. Vovin was perfect for the role of Dragon Knight, a spirit warrior with a connection to draconic spirits. After many trials and tribulations, one in which all involved were nearly eviscerated by enraged spirits, Vovin, his father, and the mages managed to form a pact with the spirit of a benevolent dragon. Thus at the age of sixteen, Vovin began his training as a Dragon Knight. Already a proficient warrior, Vovin learned how to harness his new powers rapidly, easily surpassing his father in power and ability after only two years. In between his training, Vovin was educated about the world beyond the base, preparing him for his inevitable release into said world. When the time finally came, Vovin was once again reminded of his goals – Seek glory in the name of the Order, work to destroy any Blights that may appear, and work with the Wardens to slay any Archdemons that make themselves known, seeing as the method by which the corruption can be reverted still eludes the Order. Vovin left the order with a smile. His adventure is yet to be told.
“That boy may be a bit naïve, but he has the power to back himself up if he gets in trouble…I hope he doesn’t need it.” – Dravis, Vovin’s father.

Starting point: Denerim

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnyqkBCahP0
Battle theme: What I'm made of - Crush 40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJZ5MbJDzU
Last edited by Draken30000 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 am

I only see some historic problems, which really aren't that big of a deal. I would watch the cloak though.

Draken30000 wrote:(I may need a fact check here, my knowledge of Dragon Age is a little rusty, I could swear I read that the Darkspawn corrupt a dragon while it is hibernating underground or something, and that it is not actually an Archdemon until this is done? If this fact is false, then I will remove this goal.)

I'm glad you pointed this out. And Archdemon is a dragon but its also an Old God of the Tevinter Imperium... which manifest themselves as powerful dragons. The Imperium worshiped dragons from then on. An Old God is transformed into an Archdemon when corrupted by the darkspawn taint. So far I've found nothing that says other wise.

Dragons can be corrupted by the darkspawn, and they are known as Dragon Thralls: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Thrall

I've got nothing on what would happen if a high dragon is corrupted. In theory, if found nothing to suggest that a corrupted High Dragon couldn't become an archdemon or at least simulate a blight. While we could play with that idea, its best not. The Order though, could stand to try and preserve the Dragons, and seek to bring them back from the brink of extinction. They could see a way to help further their goal, or be the most important part, would be to find a Old God before it gets corrupted.

Other then that, you're good to go and approved.
Mercypostle

Postby Glacier » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 am

Glacier wrote:
Name: Zasalim

Race: High Elf

Class: Arcane Force Warrior (Mage)

Affiliation: Quel’Elhen (Primary), Grey Wardens (Ally), Dalish (Hostile/Enemy), Circle of Magi/Templars (Mutual Enemy), Others (Neutral/Hostile)

Skills/magic/abilities: Zasalim has been developing his body as well as his magical prowess from the time of his youth. He mostly utilizes the raw power of nature and taps into the essence of the fade to fight, but when all else fails having some skills in CQC never hurts. He has knowledge of the four widely recognized schools of magic and has amassed a variety of different spells. While he maintains a strong affinity to Primal and Spirit magic he has dabbled in the Creation school and most recently Blood magic. He specializes in the lost arts of the Arcane Warrior and that of the Forcemage.

Spells:
Arcane – Arcane Bolt, Arcane Shield: The most basic of spells he can fire a bolt of pure arcane energy and form a protective bubble to absorb or deflect damage

Primal – Flame Blast, Flame Weapons, Fireball, Inferno, Stone Fist, Earthquake, Rock Armor
Under the primal arts Zasalim has an affinity for fire and earth spells. He can shoot a stream of fire from his hands, launch devastatingly explosive fireballs, engulf his weapons and others’ in roaring flames and even summon a pillar of cleansing flame from the heavens. He can also imbue his skin with the properties of stone, launch boulders, and cause severe tremors.

Creation – Heal: He’s able to heal minor wounds and ease the pain of more severe injuries. Useful in the midst of combat

Arcane Warrior - Combat Magic, Aura of Might, Shimmering Shield, Fade Shroud
Taught to him by the spirit of a great ancestor he can channel his vast magical power inward greatly augmenting his natural physical abilities and combat prowess in exchange for heavy fatigue when spellcasting. In efforts to bolster the power of his defenses ( armor, physical, mental, and elemental resistance ) he can emanated the energy surging through him as sparks drifting away from him as though stars drifting through space and illuminating the warriors immediate area while in effect. It is quite draining to maintain. Additionally his strong connection to the fade allows him step behind the veil and don a shroud of the fade granting the ability to phase out of the physical plane for brief moments and bolsters his access to mana but makes him more susceptible to possession by demons as they can find him more easily. Ex: (in combat)

Spirit – Mind Blast, Telekinetic Weapons, Force-field, Crushing Prison
Using the power of mental will he can generate a blast of telekinetic energy stunning nearby victims, Envelop his weapon and others’ in a torrent of telekinetic energy, wrap friend or foe in a protective field of energy and encompass victims in a collapsing sphere of telekinetic energy essentially crushing them

Force mage –Telekinetic Burst, Hammer of the Creator, Unshakable, Edge of the Abyss.
While furthering the development of his telekinetic magic, Zasalim tapped into the powers known formally as that of the force mages. He can push and pull or otherwise manipulate things using the force of will. He can launch waves of violent telekinetic energy, lift and subsequently slam things into the ground, make himself unmovable by diminishing the force behind incoming attacks, and even develop small singularities to draw in victims

Blood Magic – Hand of Ifrit: A spell he has developed on his own and has only been able to produce using Blood Magic. He is able to propel flames in a full circle around his immediate area. The flames can reach in excess of 1000 C and the blast force is great enough to form a crater and reduce a sylvan to splinters if enough power is channeled into the spell.

So far he has only learned to use his own blood as a catalyst for spells when his mana pool has run dry. He’s only used it in time of extreme duress and never allows witnesses to survive as being labeled a blood mage tends to be very problematic.

Staff Wielding - He is an artist with the staff and well versed in close combat using it. He has developed his own style of using it, able to subdue opponents by channeling magic through the staff, using the blunt end, or cutting them down with the deadly blade.

In addition to his vast spell knowledge he is quite the survivalist and can cook fairly well. Born with acute hearing, impeccable eyesight, and uncanny agility he is fit to survive the harsh wilderness and the battlefield. He can be quite intimidating and can coerce others to do his will through fear or respect.

Appearance: He stands at 5'9" and weights roughly 135 lbs. He has an athletic build and very little body fat. He appears to be in his early 20's despite his actual age evident of his Quel'Elhen heritage. His ears are roughly 4.5 inches long and he has emerald eyes. His hair is raven black and is 2 feet in length. He most commonly has it in a pony tail, but enjoys letting it flow free in times of tranquility. He maintains a soul patch under his bottom lip and a closely trimmed chin strap style beard. He has a series of tribal tattoos in black ink laced with lyrium dust that form a sleeve on each of his arms and one on the right side of his face. He wears an Ancient armor with matching boots and an off white cloak. Nothing on his arms and no helmet.

Starting equipment:
Stone Cleaver - a glaive style polearm that doubles as a staff. Enchanted with runes that fortify the blade making it very durable and capable of cutting clean through stone. The silverite blade is 14" long, 3" across, and 1/2" thick. The iron wood staff is 48" tall and 1" in diameter. The pommel is a smooth spherical rune stone. The staff is attuned to the Earth element launching bursting rocks from afar and jutting earthen spires to confine, maim, and impale
Life Spring Amulet - an amulet made from crystallized water from the life spring to ward off demons
Ring of the Arcane Warrior - a lyrium laced ring that allows him to maintain certain aspects of combat magic without casting the spell. It allows him to keep his equipment
Ring of the Ancients - a lyrium ring that helps him enter the fade, and shroud him from detection when there.
Great Oak Cloak- a hallah leather cloak tanned with the heart wood of an enchanted oak tree. Wards against aggressive magic
Ancient Elven Armor
Ancient Elven Boots
- armor that allows full range of motion while protecting vital organs. It also offers spirit resistance
Leather satchel:
Hunting knife - a wood handle knife with a 5 inch blade
Deer skin cantine - a pouch for water made from tanned deer hide.
Leather bound tome - Ancient text of spells and magical research
Health Vial x6
Lyrium Vial x4
Herbs x7
Fire bomb x3
Smoke bomb x8
Coin purse:
4 sovereigns, 50 silvers, 30 coppers

Personality: Zasalim is an artist and a visionary. His introvert nature drives him to explore his thoughts and perfect his craft in solitude. He is open minded and a quick thinker when under pressure. He is generally quiet and kept to himself, but he does have friends and likes to engage them in thought provoking discussion when he's not training, planning, meditating, or otherwise. He is creative and aggressive in combat preferring to try and overwhelm opposing forces initially. He is confident in his abilities and has a strong will. He is vocal when need be, and while he respects his origins he believes the future should be forged anew. He doesn't agree with the fighting of their kin, but he refuses to be "purged" and remains a trustworthy warrior in battle none the less. He is somewhat tolerant of most races but hostile if met with hostility. He wishes the elven race rise to glory surpassing the days of old. He understands rules but is willing to bend or break them to further his goals.

History: Born deep within the Brecilian forest he has always had a strong connection with the Fade. Identified as a prodigy even among the magically charged members of his race the young elf was taken under the tutalige of the Queen's High Mages in the royal court. Zasalim blossomed under the High Mages watch building him a strong foundation in the fundamentals of magic, spellcasting, and resisting demonic possession. At his coming of age ceremony he was given the amulet. Soon there after he began to explore the Revas'Thala as a fully fledged mage. His mother was a herbalist and he aided her in finding various herbs and flora on his outings.

One day he was out meditating when he heard a voice speaking to him in an ancient elven dialect. He was wary of the voice at first but heeding its instructions he found the entrance to an ancient ruin. The ruin was heavily overgrown with thick under brush and tangled vines which he made quick work of. The inhabitants of the ruin weren't so quick to exterminate, but he pressed his way past giant spiders, and drakes in his search of the ruins. He eventually found a statue in a room full of ancient artifacts. The voice identified itself as a mage petrified in stone and even thanked the generation that healed the cursed woods. He expressed his only wish, to be freed of his stone prison and finally be able to rest. In exchange for this he offered to share his knowledge with the young mage.

Zasalim learned the ways of the Arcane Warrior from this ancient soul and as agreed, he performed a ritual to free the spirit from its petrified body. Following its final instruction he found an armuar the spirit told him of. Inside he found pieces of ancient elven armor, a powerful bladed staff, a tome of spell knowledge, and a pair of rings that once belonged to the ancient mage. Due to the old age of the structure and the fierce battles therein the ruins then started to collapse. Zasalim narrowly escaped the ruins before they claimed his life. Due to his discovery of the armor and staff he was allotted the role of being their care taker. He kept the other artifacts as his own. Unable to read the ancient tongue in which the tome was written, Zasalim spent a lot of his time in the old ruins already discovered in Revas'Thala. In time he began to decipher the text and with it his spell knowledge grew. In addition to gaining some powerful spells he learned more efficient methods of casting and ways to combine spells for various effects. After a while darkspawn began trying to press into the forest and Zasalim had his first encounter with the darkspawn and the Grey Wardens. He fought side by side with the wardens on numerous occasions to stem the tide of the tainted creatures.

Afterward there where talks of him joining the Rangers or the Wardens after the lead warden expessed interest in him. Though he never joined the order he took the opportunity to travel beyond the forest and learn from them. He trained with warriors, rouges, and mages alike. It was with them that he first witnessed the forbidden school of blood magic. As he read further into his ancient tome he came upon a section dealing with blood magic, its dangers, benefits, and how to perform it. It wasn't long after that he accompanied the Wardens to Orzammar and the Deep Roads. Here he got his staff reforged by dwarven hands and enchanted with runes before embarking on the campaign with the Wardens. While in the deeps their party was encompassed by a swarm of darkspawn backed by a pack of three ogres. They stood their ground initially, but there where just too many of them. Exhausted and desperate he used his blood and that of the recently slain to push them back. He passed out to find himself recovering back in Orzammar. As it was told to him, the Legion of the Dead found them, even saw the spectacle of earth and fire that he conjured as they closed in on the fighting. They cleaned up the remaining hoard and brought back the survivors. Most of the party perished, but he and a handful of wardens survived the ordeal.

Starting point: Orzammar

(The Songs aren’t a requirement, just a fun little thing you can do if you want.)
Theme song: TBA
Battle theme: TBA
Last edited by Glacier on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 am, edited 19 times in total.

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 am

Alright, thank you I will make some edits and get caught up on the I.C!

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 am

Sounds good Draken.

Glacier, you're approved.

Sorry to keep you waiting Zel, I've had family over.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing