Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - 1 SPOT LEFT!!!)

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 31, 2013 4:31 pm

I'd have taken one as Arthas if not for the fact that nobody out there, to my knowledge, has made a good one where his eyes are leaking that blue magical badassery.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 pm

All I've got is this one right now, and that is a few seconds before his eyes open.
For those that haven't seen it or have no idea what is going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Lh8beczOc
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Ill stick with what I'm using now. It still feels... Right.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:34 pm

I haven't changed my avatar/banner......like ever.....maybe I will. More dragons XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Anyway, back to the RP.

It would appear as if Deena and Berry are leaving us, but I don't know if they will return, no one is telling me anything. That being siad, we are down to a single full time mage, a npc mage, and a couple of spirit warriors. A few more mages would be nice, but aren't the most critical thing in the word right now. So is anyone here willing to create a mage CS or find someone who would like to join.

Going off of that, we are also ready to move on to the actual fight, the Battle of Redcliffe. Is everyone ready to move on?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Sounds like you guys could use a tank, too
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Sure. Interested?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm

I just realized that when you said "we are down to a single full time mage, a npc mage, and a couple of spirit warriors." You were just listing magic users, not everyone who is still active.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Yeah. I was just targeting magic users. We've got... one tank if I recall correctly, two or three warriors, and everyone else is the thief/rouge/ranger class. I think I got that right.

I have to review who is who on a regular basis to make sure I get things right, and its been a few weeks since I took everyone's position into account.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BG07 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm still mulling about, once things pick back up I'll be back in the spirit of things.

If you need another mage I think I could possibly whip something together

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Go for it. for the Battle of Redcliffe, things are going to be... interesting with mages. Many more explosions. We're defiantly going to need some mages for a few things as it goes on.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Sounds fun. Im in.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Zelosse » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 pm

I know a guy. We go from there.

Postby Scrambles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Sorry for my inactivity, my desktop decided to call it quits so I had to dig up my piece of shit laptop to access the internet.

Postby BG07 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Name: Airi Oakheart

Race: Quel’Elhen (High Elf)

Class: Battlemage

Affiliation: The Queen, Lady Arlina Winterfest / Rangers of the Arrow

Skills/magic/abilities:
Battlemage: Draining Aura, Stoic, and Elemental Chaos

Entropy: Airi has studied heavily into the arts of Entropy, focusing on crippling and damaging foes through their very own life force. She is particularly strong in using Hex and Disorient spells but also has a very powerful version of the Death Cloud. Although she can use other Entropy spells, the ones that were previously mentioned are the few that she is exceptionally skilled in using.

Airi’s Mirror Hex: This spell is one specially created by Airi, a hex that binds multiple life forces together. This hex does nothing on only one target, however when two or more people have the hex any damage dealt to one is also dealt to the others to a lesser degree. The more targets, the less amount of damage carries over onto each of them.

Airi’s Death Cloud: Rather than being a simple area of effect spell, Airi has mastered the Death Cloud to a point where she can heavily influence the way in which the cloud spreads or moves. She can manipulate the cloud to surround all foes in an area while leaving allies unharmed, or can concentrate the cloud into one spot so that she can amplify the amount of damage dealt to a single foe. Airi has also found a way to reduce the particle size of the cloud, this reduction allows for the cloud to be inhaled by anyone who goes near it. Once inhaled the death cloud will continuously cause damage for a short time even if the person manages to escape the area of the cloud’s effect. Manipulation on such a level causes a heavy strain on Airi’s mana and stamina, however the benefits are usually worth the extra cost.

Appearance: Airi has an appearance that makes her look slightly more mature for her age. She doesn’t necessarily look older than 21, but through the way that she carries herself it often leads people towards guessing that she’s actually a bit older than what she is. The girl has a somewhat regal or pompous air about her, the type of which usually comes from people with money or status. She is a very beautiful girl who wears elaborate dresses with colorful jewels, often changing up her wardrobe depending on the situation. Airi takes care of her appearance and is very good at displaying her delicate features in a classy way. She stands at 5’ 11” and has a very slender body, a tad bit on the skinny side of things but not without a few feminine curves around the bust and hips. She has chestnut brown eyes and dark brown hair that reaches just a bit past her shoulder blades. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qTxgf8uqjbQ/S ... ya+Elf.jpg

Starting equipment:
Airi rides a brown horse called Lightmane and stores most of her equipment in leather sacks on the saddle. She has basic cooking supplies, gold, spare clothing, and other basic travelling equipment. Airi also carries with her various notebooks, most of which are filled with research and study notes that the girl has collected over the years. Her weapon is a magic staff as shown in the above picture, she doesn’t carry any other weapons or armor.

Personality: Airi is a bit of an elitist, always looking down upon others unless she sees them as being a person of value. She can be manipulative and will constantly use others to further her own goals. To her superiors Airi is a valuable asset who can accomplish most anything. She’s fiercely loyal to her Queen and will not let anyone stand in-between her and a mission. Airi is often known to keep people at arm’s length and is very capable of keeping her emotions to herself. She rarely lets herself get carried away with her emotions and is a very difficult person to read because of it. Underneath all of the deception and distance is a person who just wants to be of value, a person who wants to matter and make a difference. Airi has a deep admiration for her Queen and would do anything for her without a second thought, to her this is all that matters.

History: Born in Revas’Thala, Airi comes from a family that has long been closely tied to that of the Queen. Her father and mother both had become Rangers of The Arrow, often serving as close personal guards of the Queen herself. Being so close to the Queen and her family instilled a sense of pride in the youth, giving her purpose and a desire to join the Rangers so that she too could be of service to the royal family. With this goal in mind Airi studied and trained rigorously to reach that end. Airi was never exceptionally skilled or gifted, she was not a genius who could learn something right away, however through hard work, dedication, and strong will she was able to slowly work her way towards becoming a mage. Her mother and grandmother both were mages, she too was born with a strong connection to the fade.

Unlike her family, Airi had to work diligently in order to develop her powers, there were even times in her youth that people insisted that she give up on her dream because of her slow progress. Airi never gave up on herself and only continued to work even harder each time someone discouraged her. Eventually Airi’s studies had proven successful and with time her skill as a mage began to blossom. She quickly followed in the footsteps of another one of her personal idols, becoming the second youngest person to pass the Ranger Trials. Though she has only just joined the Rangers of the Arrow Airi has already accomplished a handful of missions and is currently working under the Queen’s instructions.

Starting point: TBA
Last edited by BG07 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Scrambles wrote:Sorry for my inactivity, my desktop decided to call it quits so I had to dig up my piece of shit laptop to access the internet.

That's fine. you might want to check with Glacier to see if your plans are still possible. He just embarked on a side quest, which probably won't be resolved until after the battle. So if you two want to draw your characters closer together, go for it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glacier » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm

The more the merrier, I doubt Zasalim would participate in the battle unless the Grey Wardens asked/needed help anyway.

Postby Scrambles » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am

Teelo wouldnt willingly join the battle as his instincts would tell him to stay away from such a dangerous situation.

Postby Hiroko » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:56 am

Blood Lord wrote:Go for it. for the Battle of Redcliffe, things are going to be... interesting with mages. Many more explosions. We're defiantly going to need some mages for a few things as it goes on.

Will you be needing healer-type mages, by any chance?

I've been considering joining the RP, though I'm still not sure since I feel like I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, world-wise and all. That said, I've been thinking of transplanting a character of mine into this RP, and he could definitely suit a mage role.

Do you mind having child characters, though?
The Sentimental One

Postby Seirui » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 am

Name: Valas Delrune

Race: Human

Class: Shadowmancer.

Affiliation: Balance of the universe(?)

Skills/magic/abilities: Shadow related... stuff.

Appearance: Valas, The Shadowmancer.
His eyes are not green, they are actually completely black. An after-effect of an intense magical backlash.
Skull mask. A trophy of war, crafted from steel and bone and imbued with powerful darkness.
Atop his head lay long dark hair, that twists and writhes like individual snakes cascading down his back, infused with the same corruptive shadow magic that permeated him. A crown made of old and very worn out gold rests atop his head and over his mask, shaped like bones, with 5 finger-bones curling from the front to the middle of his head like a royal crown. Each 'finger' holds a diamond at the base.

Starting equipment: "The iron dead." A staff crafter from steel, bone, and ash wood. The staff emits two seperate flames from the eye sockets. A purple flame from the right, and a blue flame from the left. Endlessly spewing forth but burning nothing. He can will them to illuminate or simply extinguish.
Valas has no need for anything beyond his robes, the mask, and the staff.

Personality: Despite the fearsome and often terrifying reality that is the living nightmare that walks, twisted by the very magic some say created it from the depths of the darkest pits of hell, Valas is a very calm person. Vicious describes him best when he is threatened or trapped, but more often he is but a mere prophet that whispers of a Demonic conqueror and his evil sword.

His words fall on death ears.

They fled from him. Screamed for mercy. Took up arms and tried to chase him from their towns and cities. Warriors and mages across the realms hunted him without mercy. He showed those brave fools the same treatment.

Still he wanders, in search of the dark vision that has haunted him in the nights.

History: Talented. Brash. Headstrong. Arrogant. All the usual trappings of a mage with skill. It was not enough that he had the skill become a master of the arts, he wanted more. To be stronger than even the masters. His desire for knowledge led him to blood magic in secret, where he practiced for years without his masters knowledge.

He knew now that he should never have tried something so foolish.

Always in his studies, Valas had felt a subtler essence of magic beyond arcane and further from blood magic. It was a twisted spawn of both but he did not know that then. One night during an experiment to tap into the very essence of blood magic and fuse it with raw energy. The result was an explosion that incinerated everything in his study and warped everything else in its path, including Valas who had barely enough time to scream as the two opposite magics battled out for supremacy inside of him.
When the magic had settled, his body had taken a dark unnatural shade to his formally pale skin.

Slowly he watched the newfound magic he had stumbled upon in his desperation to shield himself from the negative backlash seep out like smoke. Slowly drifting endlessly outward but never stopping. Even many years later it still continues to seep out with no sign of stopping. Valas fled the tower shortly before the guards had arrived. Believing that he had simply been incinerated in a foolish attempt to fuse opposite magics. They still do not know the identity of the 'shadowmancer king' that wanders the roads of the world.

Starting point: TBA

(The Songs aren’t a requirement, just a fun little thing you can do if you want.)
Theme song: No place for heroes.
Battle theme:

If I'm not mistaken, Zel has talked to you about my CS right Blood Lord? It's concept and the idea of magic that shapes him instead of the other way around? Not the shapeshifting way but by tiny little features. Dark skin, whispy hair, dark black eyes, and the permeating black smoke. etc etc. Hope it looks good!
Last edited by Seirui on Wed May 28, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:45 am

Always with the Shadow mages. Always.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 am

@Hiroko: Healers are always welcomed. You keep us tanks a-tankin'.

And no worries. If you have anything you need help with, there's plenty of folks that'll help you out.
Demon of Elru

Postby BG07 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am

Alrighty Blord, have a look see at my finished character

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

I think it looks nice.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Every had a seriously weird dream that would horrify your inner child, but you just enjoyed anyway? Just had one of those this afternoon, anyways to this.

@ Glacier and Scrambles: So if you guys want to then, you can op out of the Redcliffe battle, and wander off on this side quest, or at least that is the vibe that I'm getting that you guys want to do or can do sort of a thing.

BG07 wrote:Alrighty Blord, have a look see at my finished character

Looks good and I like it. Approved. Go forth in the name of the Queen.

Hiroko wrote:Will you be needing healer-type mages, by any chance?

I've been considering joining the RP, though I'm still not sure since I feel like I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, world-wise and all. That said, I've been thinking of transplanting a character of mine into this RP, and he could definitely suit a mage role.

Do you mind having child characters, though?

As Ro said, we need healers. One of the mages that stepped out was a healer, and also a child. So I don't have a problem with it, I was going to play with the other one anyways, but looks like I still could do the same thing... if it hadn't been deformed by Rainbow Factory, BUT that is a different discussion all together. So yes, as long as it works, you can ship your character into the RP.

Now if you need a summary of the RP events, tell me and I can happily do a quick recap for you. As for the actual universe itself I can explain things to you or you can read the mile long post I had for this. There are a lot of wiki articles to provide ease in researching, and I modified the world a little bit to allow lovers of fantasy to be able to interact with it and not have to know everything about Dragon Age.

Seirui wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Zel has talked to you about my CS right Blood Lord? It's concept and the idea of magic that shapes him instead of the other way around?

Yeah, he discussed it with me and I am intested by it. Personally it sounds like magic corruption to me. All is the same though and you are accepted into the program.

teehee! three mages, this will make the Circle Tower easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing