War Never Changes - IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

War Never Changes - IC

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:31 am

War... War never changes...

The year is 2281, the same year as the events in the Mojave Wasteland and the beacon of light known as New Vegas. Four years after the eastern water purification plant was activated. A vault dweller had, with the modest help of people that barely called the dweller ‘ally,’ had overcome many odds that kept thousands from achieving the same goal.

Yet four years ago, the Vault Dweller did just that. The purification plant was activated, yet little was heard of the dweller after that time. Their fate is unknown. Yet their exploits are revered, as the water that flows in lakes and rivers are once again safe to drink... and with the fresh water at their fingertips, very little seemed to stand in the way of Progress.

Humanity was slowly regenerating in the east, as the capital wasteland was being rebuilt in an image of old world glory. With readily available water, wars over the precious recourse grew fewer and fewer and larger colonies could be sustained with smaller and smaller recourses. Large cities soon sprawled up and a light seemed to peek out through the horizon.

Although the west was in the midst of civil war over who the ruling factions would be, the now clean and relatively safer east seeks to unite what was once the country once more. A gleaming gem in the waste... yet no matter how bright the future seems such a concept of rebuilding the world are large enough to bring pause to even the most optimistic of us.

Yet how would they rebuild a nation without knowing its history? Its combined history... Humanity survived a great war over 200 years ago that scarred the world and irradiated the land and its water. Those who survived did so in the protection of large underground Vaults. Far to the north of the Capital Wasteland is one of those vaults.

Along the coasts of the old world, the area once known as Cape Cod has not been spared the fate the rest of the world has succumbed to and is also irradiated. Yet it took many years, the cleansing waters have finally reached this forgotten land. Yet beneath the ground are people... beings oblivious to the goings on above them. The beings within Vault 122, the last vault ever created.

Vault 122, like many of the other Vaults built was built as a sort of social experiment. To see what stresses humanity as a whole could withstand while still being safe from the radiation above and still being able to one day repopulate and re-civilize the world. The single and most powerful challenge Vault 122 has is the fact that over half of the initial residence were put into pods.

Over 200 years have passed and the beings still remain in the pods. Many of them have malfunctioned, but most remain in-tact. Life continues as normal for the vault denizens, none of them with the jurisdiction or power to open the pods. None, other than the overseers who also have explicit orders from well before their own time to never open them unless in a time of great crisis.

Less than a day ago, a great catastrophe for the vault dwellers has occurred. A strange and terrifying metal being has crushed the hill the Vault was comfortably nestled in and destroyed much of the innards... and killed many of the dwellers.

Only a few remain, less than a hundred and most of the pods were crushed as well. Less than twenty. The overseer has seen to it that every one of the pods be opened and every being within is caught up to what has happened.

YOU are one of the beings within the pods. Your adventures and exploits are at your own discretion. Most of the Vault was laid to waste, and less than a month of fresh water remains. The food was artificial and antibacterial so it almost instantly rotted on contact with the dirty air, so it is up to you and other pod dwellers around you to save the Vault... the people within... and finding out what did this. The denizens around you are shaken, beaten and frightened.

As you look around you, the vault you were put into stasis in is almost no more. Corpses pushed to the side, but not buried or cremated. It is a grim situation you find yourself in, but it only serves to ignite your goal. Soon, you must find your closest allies and head into the wasteland. Everyone is counting on... you.

Several Hours Later

The overseer enters the pod chamber once again, this time with paperwork and people following him with various items in their Possession. You, as well as a few others are still trying to get the very feeling back into your legs. The long sleep has dulled many senses and the sensation of 'having your limb asleep' doesn't even begin to describe what you are feeling.

As you try to rub feeling back into your legs the overseer begins to speak.

"Welcome to the waking world, members. I'm glad to see that a lot of you have survived the events in the vault. We do not know exactly what did this... but that's where you all come in."
He says with a promising smile across his face.
"None of the members of this vault are trained to fight, or survive in the wilderness... and none of them have ever seen the light of day..."
He says as he flips through papers.
"But it says here that all of you, from the first generation of pods were alive and kicking well before the bombs hit. This may seem sudden, but you all have the most experience with the outside world. A lot of the members have seen their loved ones crushed beneath rubble, and others have claimed to heard terrible noises when... whatever this was destroyed the vault. Most are too traumatized to do anything."

You look around, most of the dwellers are also curious to the situation at hand.
"I've brought many things that once belonged to you all, from long ago- as well as several weapons and first aid kits that will help you in the wastes. We will also give you all a canteen, but we cannot spare any food... we have none... I'm sorry, but you will all have to make due."

The materials dropped on the gathering table are:
1: Pre-War Red Sox Jersey
1: Baseball Bat (Custom)
1: Vault-Tec Science Coat
1: Vault-Issue Camisole (Custom)
1: Cargo Shorts
1: S.S.Bottlecap on a Chain
9+: Standard issue Vault-122 Jumpsuit(s)
9+: Vault-122 Membership Card(s)
1: Vault-122 Membership Card (Forged)
3: 9mm Pistol(s)
6: 9mm Ammunition
5: Vault 122 Canteen(s)
4: First Aid Kit(s) (Contains Stimpacks, Med-X and Doctor's Tools)

The overseer speaks again as you view the items upon the table.
"You may notice that several personal items are missing... well, over the years it became harder and harder to preserve your person belongings. Some much harder than others. What we have here is really all that is left. Once we started seeing smaller items 'vanishing' we moved them to a 'museum' of sorts, where they were kept safe all these years. You will have to make due."
He nods to the group, double-checking his paperwork.
"I will be in... what's left of my office filing the rest of these forms away. Time is of the essence, so once you get the feeling back in your bodies feel free to drop by quickly. I'll try to fill you in on what needs to be done, if you don't already know... and perhaps give details on certain questions you may or may not want to ask."

He leaves out the Vault-Tec door, as he does you catch a glimpse of beyond the door. There is light. Lots of light and not artificial light, like from these lamps and light-bulbs; real light! He turns and enters his office, barely standing, given the circumstances it's amazing it's standing at all. The door closes and you are left to a bunch of worried people talking.

Items are in front of you, people are around you... and you can feel your legs again.

What is your first action?
Last edited by Birdofterror on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Re: War Never Changes - IC

Postby Timer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Despite her normally sunny disposition Lizz was annoyed, be woken so abruptly from her dreaming state by the blaring claxons and alarms which signalled her return to the now wasteland of real life and now the overseer was telling them that that the vault was broken, That we have to leave back into some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland AND her favourite pair of cargo shorts were missing!

She Sighed, looking around at the gathered people with her arms folded over her chest in a very defensive posture ’Hope he finishes soon.. I want my clothes..’ She found herself thinking while watching the overseer drone on. After what seemed like an eternity of pointless rambling the man finished, ruffled his paperwork and left. Almost immediately Lizz bolted over to the table and scrabbled through the items till she found what she searching for ”YES! I knew you’d survive” She kissed the bottle cap before hanging it around her neck on its dirty chain.

She quickly gathered her clothes (holding them close to her body to cover as much as she could) and left to find a more private area to get changed. Her mood seeming changed completely by the location of that one small item.

*Take –
1: Vault-Tec Science Coat
1: Vault-Issue Camisole (Custom)
1: Cargo Shorts
1: S.S.Bottlecap on a Chain
1: Standard issue Vault-122 Jumpsuit(s)
1: Vault-122 Membership Card(s)
1: Vault 122 Canteen(s)

Postby Archrival » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 am

Franky cracks his neck, god it felt good to have his senses back. He never truly liked that pod or the simulation he was in while in deep sleep. With a crack of his knuckles he walked over to the table as best he could what with his legs not having been used for what seems like millenia, he picks up the baseball back and rotates it round in his hand. It was solid oak, tough as nails and had a tight metal ring near the top end to add some nice weight to it, carved near the handle was 'The Cheatah' in nice neat slices. He gave it a good few practice swings, this is when he realised he was pretty much in his boxers, and god was it cold. Putting the bat down he got into of Vault 122 jumpsuit, feeling the material as if a baby would feel a rattle for the first time. Noticing the jersey on the table he also picked that up "Huh, my old jersey. Did wonder when I'd see this old thing again." Franky slipped it on over his vault suit. "Feels as good now as it did when I wore it for the team." Giving a few stretches in it he picked the bat up again, twirling it around in his fingers. Looking at all the other gear on the table he picked up a few more items, a vault canteen, a membership card that was his and considered a pistol and some ammo.

Taken Items:
1: Pre-War Red Sox Jersey
1: Baseball Bat (Custom)
1: Standard issue Vault-122 Jumpsuit
1: Vault-122 Membership Card
1: Vault 122 Canteen
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Geomancer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Sid managed to refrain from yawning through the explanation. Man, those pods did make you feel weird when you woke up. He begin getting his thoughts in order, barely listening. When he saw his forged card, he slipped nearer to the table and pocketed it before anyone noticed something was wrong with it. So... the outside. He wondered how it had changed. He felt that things might be a little dangerous, especially considering the fact that they were given pistols. He smiled at the mention of food. "Well, rodent stew it is. I'll show you guys how to make it when we catch a mole rat or something. It's all just meat after all. Good in a pinch with the right seasoning... which we do not have." They'd have to catch several, rodents tended to be small suckers.

*Take –
1: 9mm Pistol
2: 9mm Ammunition
2: Standard Issue Vault-122 Jumpsuits
1: Vault-122 Membership Card (Forged)
1: Vault 122 Canteen
4: First Aid Kits
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Timer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

”Much better!” Lizz announced walking back into the room. Even due to dust, dirt and wear n' tear her cargo-short, Cami and coat combo was working for her… in fact it she thought she may have lost some weight while in stasis (and not from where it mattered).
”Now…” She walked over to the taller Italian looking man and the one currently getting his equipment from the table.”My names Doctor Elizabeth Zuber, I don’t think we met before going in the pod’s.. Was kind of an emergency and all” Her smile was genuine her tone welcoming and bubbly, She put out her hand to shake if they wished.

Action – TALK, Sid and Franky

Postby Geomancer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Sid's smile was natural at first but became somewhat forced when he heard 'Doctor'. "Nice to meet you. I'm also a doctor. Doctor Sid Mek Drake at your service." Oh, look at me, I have a real degree in science. Stupid woman. He wasn't sure whether his disdain came from true anger or simple jealousy. He didn't dwell on it often.

Action: TALK Lizz
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Sid and Liz talk with each other, Sid's disdain with her 'real' medical Degree is constant, yet still manages to have a civil conversation. Liz attempts to also commune with Franky; but he doesn't seem to be listening.

Other people; those not native to the pods continue talking, worried. Some of them recall seeing the machine, others through tears recall seeing their loved ones' corpses meaninglessly scattered about as if by some animal.

The high alert is finally turned off and the only things that can be heard are dust hitting the door from the outside, and people talking.

Several pods have not been opened yet, certain complications arise- but the beings inside are still healthy.

A woman in the side of the room sees a rat crawl through one of the many holes in the wall and screams, catching everyone's ear.

Item(s) remaining in the area:
2: 9mm Pistol(s)
5: 9mm Ammunition
3: Vault 122 Canteen(s)

Enemy(ies) in the area:
1: Fat Rat

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:53 am

Franky looked over the pair conversing with him, Lizz was definately a sight to behold what with him being a hot blooded man and her, well that body alone was enough to leave weaker men comatose or nosebleeding just looking at her. "Yo the name's Franky Spritz, was Spritzani but changed it to making easier for the baseball idiots to write on my jersey." Turning around to show the pair his name on the back of jersey and the number 27. Though as he did so, he heard the scream and spotted the fat rat sitting there with an evil gleam in it's eye and a woman cowering in terror of the beast. "Yo Rodent! You gonna try summat?! Cus no one tries summat in front of Franky Spritz and gets away with it! Pointing the baseball bat at the creature in a threatening manner he then walks towards it hitting it into his hand to look even more intimidating.

Action Taken:
Intimidation used on Fat Rat
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Timer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am

”Ohhhh! Another doctor!” She was positively beaming, ”Whats your field? Where did you learn? What do you think about self-sentient mechanics!” The question came quickly and began to speed up to near breakneck speed before the other rugged individual began to talk. ”And THE Franky Spritz! How marvellous! We are going to be perfectly fine!”

”Oh..Dr Drake I suppose the most important question is are you medical or scientific? I’m scientific myself, mechanics and robotics in particular I found the fieeeEEEE!- Upon seeing the rat she hopped on top of the table, trying to get as far away from it as possible.
”Mr Spritz I don’t think the rat will take to intimidation.. I’d suggest just killing the blasted thing before it bites somebody..” With that she took the pistol and ammo from the table, deciding that if rats were this big out in the wasteland, who knows what else she would see!

Actions
Talk - Franky and Drake (the crime fighting duo!)
Scream like a little girl and climb on the table
Take - 1 X 9mm pistol, 3 X 9mm ammo

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Archrival wrote:Action Taken:
Intimidation used on Fat Rat
You tap your bat against metal pipes and the floors, causing very loud noises. You also stomp around- all the while looking the rat dead in its eyes. It squeaks and hisses, before backing into its hole, but it hasn't left yet.

It shuffles into the hole and seems to leave sight for a while. But before anyone can get comfortable, it comes back through the hole-

This time with two buddies!
Actions
Talk - Franky and Drake (the crime fighting duo!)
Scream like a little girl and climb on the table
Take - 1 X 9mm pistol, 3 X 9mm ammo
You talk with the duo and take what more naive people who consider High Ground. You arm yourself with a pistol, though being so far away in a room filled with people, the shot would be hard to make with someone of your skill.

You take aim at the rats, your hands shaking. It seems your character has a fear of radioactive rats.

They seem to stand their ground, but in between hisses they sniff around. They must be smelling the rotten food stored by the vault.

1: 9mm Pistol(s)

Enemy(ies) in the area:
1: Fat Rat
2: Rat
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Geomancer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Sid was overwhelmed by the woman. She had too much energy, was going at a million miles per hour. He tried to get his thoughts together when the screaming began. He looked around quickly before finding the rat. The idiot with the bat attempted to scare it off and did for a moment before it came back with some friends. He didn't feel frightened. In fact, he felt exhilarated. Here was his chance to do something to show off and take control of the situation. He walked towards the rats, pulling out the pistol. He pushed through the people and took aim at the rats. He seemed to take an abnormal amount of time aiming before finally pulling the trigger, trying to take out the Fat Rat.

Actions:
Draw pistol
Aim
Fire once at Fat Rat

GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Geomancer wrote:Actions:
Draw pistol
Aim
Fire once at Fat Rat
The rats are standing their ground, sniffing in the air. This gives Sid the opportunity for a perfect hit.

After a short time, he fires a well aimed shot. The gunshot startles everyone in the room, but no-one can argue with the results.

The Fat Rat takes a direct hit to the head and falls without so much as a squeak. The other rats retreat back into their hole after seeing the rat die, and perhaps out of fear of the loud gunshot.

A short time passes and the Overseer rushes into the room, pistol at the ready.

"What was that gunshot?! Is everyone okay?"

Unsearched Loot:
1: Fat Rat (Dead)

Bird oft Error

Postby Timer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

”Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!” Leaping from the table she forcefully gave her gun wielding hero a hug ”A doctor who can shoot a gun… I like!” She then realised said ‘doctor’ was still wielding his gun. ”Sorrrryyy..” she let him go and turned just as the Overseer ran in. ”Nothing now, the doctor saved us from the giant mutated rat!” She was pointed at the rats now partly missing skull. ”I think they might be looking for the rotting food… I suggest we take it outside?”

Actions
Dismount the table
Hug Drake
Talk – Drake then (NPC) Overseer

Postby Archrival » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Franky grimaces as the rodents head splatters from the gun shot from Drake, his nose wrinkling at the gore. Yes he's seen stuff like this before back in his mafia days but it didn't mean he had to like it all the same, not to say he would not have done similar when the time came. "That rat be sleeping with the fishes now, not that fishes like rats, cus no one likes a rat ya know what I'm saying?" Not that the others would what with his thick italian accent. Franky wanders back over to the table. "I coulda handled that ya know? Not that I ain't grateful or nuffin."

Action Taken:
Walk back to table
Talk to others
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Geomancer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Sid flinched, extremely uncomfortable with the hug. He looked at Franky, rolled his eyes, and went over to the rat corpse. He looks at it carefully, then remembers what they were hiding from. "Overseer, does this place have a geiger counter? Or one of those Pipboys? Those things had a geiger counter built in."

Action:
EXAMINE fat rat corpse
TALK TO Overseer

GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 am

Geomancer wrote:EXAMINE fat rat corpse
A Large mutant rat. Scratch that. A large DEAD mutant rat. To someone with your survival skills, you could harvest the parts of the rat that wont cause indigestion. Though the meat is still a little lean and will do little more than provide something to snack on.

Item(s) Discovered:
1: Rat Meat
Timer wrote:Talk – Drake then (NPC) Overseer
Geomancer wrote:TALK TO Overseer
Liz, Giddy with excitement with 'The Ratslayer', follows him to talk with the Overseer.

You both explain in very different ways what happened. One side talking about 'a perfect shot' and the other side talking about 'a terrible monster.' Though it is clear to everyone else it was just a rat that got shot in the head.

The Overseer holsters his weapon and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Oh, that's good. You know, I was half expecting you guys to have been homicidal maniacs due to being cramped up for hundreds of years. Glad to see that isn't the case."

Throughout the conversation, the Overseer catches the worry of Geiger Counters.

"Yes, we do have some, but like most of the Vault, many of them were destroyed in the attack... or whatever it was. I have one in... my pocket... ah- here."

He says, pulling it out and handing it to Drake.

Drake: New Item
1: Geiger Counter

As you hold it, it clicks a little bit. Your Perception (8/10 Required. You have 9/10) notices that the Geiger counter is moving around incredibly subtly. As if the area around you is 'very' lightly irradiated, yet still irradiated.

"That's strange... I hadn't noticed that. Is it broken?"

As he asks, Liz snatches it and views it all over. Her mix of High Science and Repair confirms that it is in perfect to near-perfect condition and is not broken.

Liz then gives it back to Drake.

"That is a problem... the Vault is Irradiated... We shouldn't bring this up to everyone yet. After all, it's very small, right?"

He pauses for a short while before talking again.

"In any case, this is still the safest place to be. A lot safer than out there. I'll be in my office. I'll see what I can learn about this Radiation."

Archrival wrote:Walk back to table
Talk to others
With the others done talking to the Overseer, you all gather around the table again.

The people around you talk and babble, some talking about the rats, others talking about what happened earlier with the strange 'thing' that destroyed the vault. A lot of people are merely sitting down in their chairs, coming to terms with what is happening.

Drake: Perception: You notice people are talking about the rancid smell.
Liz: Charisma: You notice people are starting to get impatient and Jittery. They are showing signs of anxiety and fear.
Franky: Fast Shot: You are getting bored and stir-crazy.

You are all around the Table. You all have each others undivided attention.

1: Rat Meat (New)

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:40 am

Franky was now getting antsy from not having anything to do so he decided to start a make shift batting cage even if there was no actual cage; by picking up pebbles and then pitching them to himself by throwing them upwards before swinging his bat, this created something to take his mind off the numbness of being bored until something is decided on and he can get of this rotting boredom pit.

Action Taken:
Melee skill practice.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 am

"Don't worry people! everything’s going to be fine" She turned around and addressed the group "We will get some food together, there’s got to be a super-dupa-mart or something pretty close! and if we work together we can get rid of this old food so we don't attract anymore wildlife" She was smiling, going around the people and just being generally comforting.

She was trying to weave together some sort of 'group spirit', "We are here cause we are the best, And we were going to be the ones that survived this war and rebuild! A little roof collapse isn't going to stop us now lets get this old food out, get some beds setup and get comfortable while some of us go and find some food and water!" She put her hand on franky's shoulder,"Now, lets see if we can't get some food... you coming? sure there will be plenty of use for a gun slinging doctor and a big strong man out there" she was looking at Drake while speaking.

Actions
Use Skill - Speech, On the group (extended use)
Talk - Franky and Drake

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 am

Sid points the Geiger counter at the fat rat. After examining it, he cuts out the meat anyway. It would be worth being a little irradiated if they didn't starve to death. He gives it to the survivors. "This should cook up fine." He then nods at Liz. "Alright, let's get going." He begins to set out...

Actions:
HARVEST Fat Rat
TALK TO Liz
OUT

GMancer

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:14 am

((Not a full post, since its your go Birdot. But i will put in an Action and a small bit))

Lizz smiles and picks up the the last two mag's for the pistol "Won't you be needing these doctor drake" She holds them out to him as she catches up, "You coming Franky?"

Action
Take: 2 X 9mm Ammuntion
Follow: Drake
Give: Drake: 2 X 9mm Ammuntion
Talk: Franky and Drake

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 am

Franky sighed a sigh of relief, finally shit was getting done and he was glad for it. It beats practicing batting even if he did enjoyed messing around with his bat after so long, following along with the other two he grabs the remaining pistol cus hey why not he could always sell it for whatever the hell they use as currency these days. "Yeah I be coming, beats hanging around in yawn central, ya know what I'm sayin'?" Yet again with his accent he doubted they did.

Action Taken:
Following: Daphne and Fred
Take: 9mm Pistol
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Geomancer wrote:HARVEST Fat Rat
TALK TO Liz
OUT
Timer wrote:Take: 2 X 9mm Ammuntion
Follow: Drake
Give: Drake: 2 X 9mm Ammuntion
Archrival wrote:Following: Daphne and Fred
Take: 9mm Pistol
1: Rat Meat (Taken)
2: 9mm Ammunition (Taken)
2: 9mm Ammunition (Swapped)

Clarification: The ammunition is in magazines- not bullets. Each magazine can fire 10 times for 9mm pistols.

You all leave out the door. During which, the somewhat rallied people are gathering the rotten food and leaving out the door themselves, as to not attract any more giant rats.

As you leave that room, the sun beats down on you; you weren't expecting it to hit you so abruptly.

The roof above you is caved in, and the debris; although most moved aside, is still stifling. You check the Geiger Counter. It is still subtly moving. On your way through the rubble, the other door opens. The overseer comes out!

"Heading out, are we? Well... I don't envy you, but I'm thankful."

He says, drinking some water. During which, you hear something unsettling. The Geiger counter is clicking!

Sid points it at the cup and the Overseer's face loses color.

"I... w... what?"

He stutters, as you scan your canteens. They seem to be clean, but the water he is drinking is definitely irradiated.

"I... see. Something must be contaminating the water source slowly... that may be why your water isn't irradiated. Come to think of it... that may also be the source of the irradiation!"

He heads back to his room for a short moment, before returning. He gives something to Liz.

3: Rad-Away (Taken)

As you take those items, you almost know what's coming next.

"Look... I hate to force this on you, but everyone else seems too incapable of doing anything... at least for now. Maybe in a couple days, once we have finished burying the dead and perhaps finding a steady source of food can we begin to move on. But for now, we need to fix whatever is happening to that water. We are counting on you all."

He bows graciously, apologizing for dumping everything on you again as he heads back into his office.

With him gone, your group is left to themselves.

To the North: Caved in entrance to Vault 122. Moving in this direction will allow you to leave the Vault and explore the wastes.
To the West: Reactor and water purification plant. Moving in this direction will lead you to the Overseer's task of finding out what is contaminating the water.
To the South: Pod Chamber. Moving in this direction will allow you to return to where you awoke, perhaps to gather more supplies.
To the East: Overseer's Chamber. Moving in this direction will lead you into the Overseer's Chamber. Knowledge is power, and the Overseer seems to know much.
Around You: People are leaving the Pod chamber, as well as cleaning up debris and gathering spare wiring from the shattered Vault.

Bird oft Error

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Sid cracks his neck. Time to get to work. "Franky, you and Dr. Lizz check out the reactor. Take the Geiger counter and the Radaways with you. I'll check out the pod chamber and try to grab anything that looks useful."

Action:
TALK TO Franky and Liz
GIVE Geiger counter to Liz
SOUTH
USE SKILL (Survival)
SEARCH ALL

GMancer

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:11 pm

"Sounds like a brilliant idea Dr Drake, I hope you agree Franky" She smiled to Sid taking the Geiger counter "I hope you find some nice things!". She took out the counter and waited for Franky to agree "We should get this working in no time sir!"

Action:
Take Counter, Radaway
Wait to follow Franky - west

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Franky followed along swinging his bat, he had no idea what these two were upto but all he cared was if there was money in it or a chance to bust some heads in he wanted to be there. But in his own little world franky hadn't realised he'd been dragged into a task to check out the reactor. Now tech wasn't exactly his best strength, sure he knew how bust something mechanical up pretty good but putting it back together? That was a totally different plate of pasta. "A reactor huh? What that supposed to do? React to stuff?" Franky kinda knew what it did but he wanted to make the joke anyways.

Action Taken
:
WEST
SUPPPAAAHHH

Next

Return to Role Playing