War Never Changes - OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: War Never Changes - OOC

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 am

Ro Wong wrote:Anyway, I thought you guys might have gotten out of the vault by now.
It was planned that they would Diagnose the 'problem' with the current event, sleep it off, return, 'do it' then leave. Right now we are at the sleep it off part, but everyone seems to be taking a break.

After they return we can easily leave the Vault.
Ro Wong wrote:But Bird didn't mention the raider idea with his post, so I'll just work on the guy as I'd planned.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to join the raiders. You just have to make sure that you Wake up in the Vault like everyone else.

The entire story revolves around Vault 122, so no matter what it is you want to do, it has to stem from there, okay? Who knows, a 'bad ass' raider with a heart of coal may actually be useful to the story.
Ro Wong wrote:And no extreme vulgarity or gore. Just lots of... Well, I can't really describe it accurately.
I'm not going to tell you what's good or bad in an RP or not. You are the Veteran and the pro here, not me; so I will trust your judgment. Just saying that going around KILLING everyone probably isn't in anyone's best interest. If that is not your intention, that is good.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Timer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 am

I'm not taking a volentery break :'(

Postby Geomancer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:43 pm

I just need an idea of what to do. I've kind of run outta steam.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Okay, this night sort of stalled everything. I thought that some of the higher endurance characters would be able to stay up longer and experience the outside before anyone else... I was trying to have everything sort of being funneled out into the wastes, but people don't seem to know what to do from here. Or from what Geomancer said; "Ran out of Steam."

So against my better judgment I have come up with some sort of way to subvert this whole night time cycle, but it will still require people to either be on all at the same time, or give me their blessing.

I will push this night forward, tie up loose ends, have what needs to be seen seen, then send everyone to bed with a CLEAR goal in front of you so you know what you're fighting for. However, the needing your blessing part comes from me gaining temporary, but absolute control of your characters for a short time and have them do what I think that they- based on their personalities and events at hand would and should do.

Then the night will end. That's the proposal.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Timer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 am

Well im still here.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 am

Technically, yes, but you are the first poster to say anything in almost two weeks from my initial post.

I guess I can chalk this RP up as either a failure or a stall. No biggy, it was my first real one after all in like five years. I can try again in a couple months.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Try joining a few other RPGs. Get ideas flowing, integrate into the community, etc. Couldn't hurt.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am

Blood Lord wrote:Try joining a few other RPGs. Get ideas flowing, integrate into the community, etc. Couldn't hurt.

I would join yours, but I never beat Either Dragon Age game. I never really followed the lore either. If someone from my expertise tries to make one I'll throw my hat into the ring as a follower instead of a leader.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 am

That's the beauty of my RPG. As long as you have a general idea of fantasy, it works.

Anyways, don't write this up as a failure. Try launching it again when registration reopens. Everyone is expecting a big boost in numbers when that happens.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 am

Blood Lord wrote:That's the beauty of my RPG. As long as you have a general idea of fantasy, it works.

Anyways, don't write this up as a failure. Try launching it again when registration reopens. Everyone is expecting a big boost in numbers when that happens.

Am I allowed to relaunch the exact same RP more than once?

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am

I don't think anyone has ever said you couldn't. Usually there is a slight deviation to them.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:37 am

Seems as though I'm late for the post apocalyptic party, damn. Been looking for a Fallout roleplay for a while.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 am

CrimsonJack wrote:Seems as though I'm late for the post apocalyptic party, damn. Been looking for a Fallout roleplay for a while.
This is probably a shot in the dark as I'm sure you probably left the forum again, but if you are still around I could probably reboot the story with different players. Maybe make it less gamelike and more player based...

Sorry, I guess I missed your post when I marked everything as 'read' about a month ago.

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 am

I could have my arm twisted to play again, though I'm on a Brotherhood of Steel spree atm in New Vegas as those guys need all the support they can get to become the real rivals of The Enclave. As for the style, I liked how you did it just needed better pacing so give and take from either style to make it better.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:15 am

Yeah, I was re-reading the IC again. We were doing good. We made a lot of progress and I respected everyone's intelligence. It's just... everyone 'stopped' all of a sudden.

If I ever reboot this I think I'll have to turn off the Night/Day cycle. Maybe that's what caused the "Fallout."

Bird oft Error

Postby CrimsonJack » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Yea I have been coming and going as of late but now I'm here to stay. I would love to join this rebooted roleplay. Now that it is Thr last semester of school I have a bit more time on hand.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 am

AH! You're back again! Damn it, I missed you by two days. Shit, I need to check this thread more often.

I'm still in the re-planning phase for the rebooting of this thread, but as it stands now there is only like, one or two... maybe THREE people who would be interested in joining- yourself included.

It could still be a few weeks of discussion before I feel comfortable enough to reboot this. Maybe I should replay Fallout New Vegas to get back into the groove.

Bird oft Error

Previous

Return to Role Playing