Unstoppable Kishin Signups (What happened to the interest?)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Unstoppable Kishin Signups (What happened to the interest?)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

It's the future. The year 2483 actually, if you want to be specific.

Superscience has gotten us to the stars. It's gotten us Super enhanced warriors, Powerful Weapons, and Hyperlight drives. During all this, Earth has been mostly abandoned, with the exception of a few small villages left in the dead planets livable areas. Nature is beginning to return, and heal the planet, as there is no longer a human threat to supress it.

Being so remote, and abandoned, it's the perfect place for the military to develop new technologies.

The government Has built a Super combat Unit. Unfortunately they don't really know what It can do. They built/created it using a large amount of alien technology that they had "acquired" from extraterrestrial sources. Again, Unfortunately, once the machine, which was built for adaptation in battle, was completed, it began it's primary function, which is to adapt and evolve to survive, immediately, before recieving any orders. and the Evolutions caused by it's interaction with the base, and even just it's own bland holding cell, caused it to develop and mutate into a much different creature from what they had originally intended or planned out.

So now, you have a still relatively new, and inexperienced SCU in the field, but it doesn't know how to do anything, because it hadn't started on it's mental programming yet. Yet, it learns from everything. From the slightest session of watching a hummingbirds wings beating, to down and dirty streetbrawling.

The longer it lives, the more it knows, and the stronger it gets.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You need a CS.

Name:
Relative Age(At least, Specifics are preferred.):
Description:
Background:
Powers: (If Any...)
Weapons: (If any...)
Special training: (If...Damn you know the drill by now.)
Quirks, Special information...Etc.:

Ok, Try and write this CS up as though it were a Military Dossier. Or if you have trouble with that, Just fill in what I asked for, and I'll come up with something later for ya.

You're all being recruited by the military for this RP, so Try to work on that. Even though you'll pretty much all be Mercs, with hopefully a few exceptions that want to play Military Personnel Assigned to the project.

As I've said before, this is pretty much free to any type of concept. If your backstory can justify it, You can have it. I reserve the right to veto it if I feel it's overpowered, but I'm pretty lenient.

Not to say that i'll be indiscriminate here, Last time there were a few changes I asked for to fit in with my vision of the universe.

I'll be playing the Part of the deranged Super being. So I'll give you his sheet. I'll stat up his dossier Later.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Name: Subject - P7-492, Codename: Kishin

Relative Age: Newborn. approxamately 2-3 months since Self-Activation of higher Mental Faculties.

Description: Standing at 6'2", Kishin is an Artificially grown, Genetically engineered, Nano-enhanced, monster. Do not be fooled by his appearance of a normal human being. He posesses many abilities thanks to his enhanced nature. His Silvered hair and Cold Steel gray eyes can and has unnerved our best troops when encountered.

Background: Grown in a Cloning Vat, Engineered to be a Perfect human Specimen, and then enhanced further with alien techniques, This was the only specimen to survive the entire creation proceedure. All others have failed at critical stages, and at this point, I must technically regard this one as a failure as well, since it escaped our facilities before being programmed mentally with the correct military information. Once he had achieved the Final Stages of Clone growth, and had been slowed to the point of non-aging, we began on the Nano-enhancements that would allow him access to the abilities we had planned to give him. Our last progress report on him before his escape showed that they had successfully embedded in his memory, but he has yet to show them in combat.

With his Escape, if he ever achieved a way to escape Earth, there would be no finding him. and there's no telling how much of a rampage he would be able to wreak before he was stopped.

Powers: Unknown. He has evolved far past our abilities we had originally planned. Planned Powers: Mutable form, Nano-enhanced strength, Nano-enhanced speed, Energy Manipulation, Regeneration/Nano-Enhanced Healing.

Weapons: Name a Melee Weapon, he can form it. Otherwise, Unknown, <See Power description.>

Special training: None. He escaped before we could put him through the accelerated learning process that would have programmed him with combat routines among other things.

Quirks, Special information...Etc.: He is childlike. Fitting, as he has only recently been "Born" as it were. He also has been shown to go into a psychotic Rage-like state when threatened. This rage-like state is likened to a child throwing a temper tantrum. It is Powerful, and he rages over anything, but like a child at the first sign of something more interesting, he will forget his rage and latch onto that.

Not really a power, but he has been engineered as a bio-Mechanical unit, As such, he is immune to Radiation damage, as well as EMP and other Electrical Magnetic fields.

It is possible that a Mag burst from a passing Mag rail weapon shot or EMP could effect him, but the possibility is low and it would only slow him for a moment. We calculate that even with a disruption to his systems, he would only allow for 12-15 of these disruptions before his unique body structure adapted and it no longer affected him.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Re: Unstoppable Kishin (Super Robot RP) Signups

Postby Sythe » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 pm

ENLISTED RECORD AND REPORT OF SEPARATION

Honourable Discharge

NAME: Macgregor, Constantine C -SERIAL: 0064 030 1177 - RANK: Captain - UTCMC [REDACTED]th Expeditionary Force aboard UTCS [REDACTED]

D.O.B.: April 20th, [REDACTED] - AGE: 32 - PLACE OF BIRTH: [REDACTED], [REDACTED] colony, [REDACTED] system

SPECIES: Human - RACE: Caucasian - MARITAL STATUS: Divorced - UTC CITIZEN: y UTC MEMBER: n

EYES: blue, silver - HAIR: orange-brown - HEIGHT: 5'11 - WEIGHT: 278lbs

ENHANCEMENTS:

-Extensive cybernetic prosthesis replacement due to combat damage.
- Foot [left, right], thigh [left, right], kneecap [left, right], hand [left, right], forearm [left, right], elbow [left, right], eye [right], as well as partial muscle and bone in thighs [ left, right], upper arm [left, right] have been replaced with MkVII SensalTech combat prosethetics
- MkVII SensalTech Occular Module includes hard/firm/soft-wired neural node with onboard computing and cyberwarfare suite, capable of connecting and integrating with unprotected systems including many sidearms. Extended connection causes neural pain and eventual degradation, long term degradation being lethal.
- Limb replacements increases strength/endurance in relevant actions by 1.5, as well as increases safe fall landing distance to 20'. Replacements contain built in power sources with run time of approx one day of combat action. After power sources are depleted, prosthetic draw power from kinetic energy of user, shutting down higher functions and increasing fatigue to user.
- Limb replacements also include spare clip receptacles [calves, left, right], small industrial cutting laser [forarm, left], concealed combat knife [forarm, right]

DATE OF ENLISTMENT: Sept 29th, [REDACTED] - PLACE OF ENTRY TO SERVICE: UTC Navy Solinium HQ, New Adelphi City, Terra Tritus, Solinium System.

MILITARY OCCUPATION: Marine - MILITARY CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL TRAINING:Basic, Advanced, Ship-to-ship, Dropship, Zero gravity, Ship exterior, Harsh enviro survival, Sidearms, Rifles [Sniper, Combat], explosives, Basic hacking, [REDACTED][OOC:Black Ops training].

BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS:

Peridian Colony defense, Danteles Rift war, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED].

DECORATIONS AND CITATIONS:

Purple Heart [6], Marine Corps Medal, UTC Navy Medal, Danteles Rift Theater campaign ribbon, [REDACTED] theater campaign ribbon, [REDACTED] theater campaign ribbon

PRIOR SERVICE: N/A

REASON AND AUTHORITY FOR SEPARATION:

Requested, UTCN separation sub-committee resolution 11T-64960539p

FLAGGED WARNING:

Subject's Armament and Equipment Return incomplete, missing - R7 Ashcroft-Dragunov semi-automatic sniper rifle [1] - UTC Terracore Heavy Service pistol [1]

END REPORT

Description:

Constantine is as well built as one would expect of a former Marine captain, though his slighter build causes him to be more toned than muscle-bound. His body, leastways those parts that are still made of flesh, is covered in a latticework of black tattoos and old scars. Celtic knotwork covers his shoulders and the back of his neck, with the words "'S Rioghal Mo Dhream" in a curve over his collarbone, and his regiment insignia in the centre of his chest, all of it in black. Burn scarring covers the bottoms of his thighs and a slight area around his right eye where the skin grafts to the implants. Since leaving the military the former Captain has grown out his facial hair into a neatly trimmed orangey beard that follows his jawline closely, partially obscuring a face even his most loyal marines described as "cold", while the hair atop his head he keeps tightly trimmed to military specs. Constanine's one 'good' eye is a pale blue, while the other is an unadorned silver orb set into the slightly raised polycarbon plating of his implant which covers his socket and part of his temple. His arms and legs are made of the silvery-black polycarbon plating, slightly blocky and resembling armour. When dressed for combat, the former Captain wears his old officer's overcoat, a beat-up, much repaired thing of urban camo colouring over a partial suit of light polycarb combat armour that locks up with his prosthetics. The armour includes a full helmet and a small re-breather for short exposure times, but Constantine rarely wears it, keeping locked to the back of his armour if he thinks he might need it.

Background:

Enlisting at 18 and spending the first and uneventful half of his military career as Sergeant Macgregor, the young man was stationed at a Naval base close to the Danteles Rift when the war broke out between UTC Colonist Forces and the Xo'Olang Conclave and soon found himself swept into the thick of things with the second wave. He gained his first purple heart on Icarus V when his squad was under fire from Olangian sniper with high ground across a boulevard, the Sergeant crawling through a series of service tunnels, then under a trashed APC to pick off the sniper from the side with his own rifle. Unfortunately the sniper had backup arriving in the form of a heavy weapon's team, with an automated grenade impacting the APC, dropping the burning vehicle on Constantine's legs. The Sergeant managed to keep the HW team at bay with his rifle long enough for his squad to save him, but his legs were deemed a total loss and the young man was marked for the United Terran Council Military 's advanced cybernetics program. Once his legs had been replaced, the young man found himself a Sergeant Major and talking to some well dressed men from UTCM High Command who, as far as the system was concerned, barely existed. Black Ops training was as hellish the rumours said but Constantine managed to survive and with a few merits to his name. Little and less is known about the rest of his military career, most of it redacted from the system. What is known is that his actions aiding an unknown UTCA General got him his Navy medal as well as his promotion to officer class, while being captured by pirates operating on the edge of the Zzshrilial Abyssal is what cost him his forearms as well as his eye. Even less known is the former Captain's reasons for leaving the military so abruptly and those who try to find out are generally met with stony silence. The past few years have been eventful enough for Constantine, the former marine having started selling his services on the private market not long after his discharge and finding himself dragged across half of the known galaxy for it.

Quirks: Aside from the quirks described with his prosthetics, Constantine is also quite addicted to smokes, the increased endurance from his cybernetics helping offset some of the negative health effects. The former Captain still needs at least three or four a day though, or else his focus is not quite as good and his demeanor goes from cold to outright nasty. He usually keeps a few spares secreted around his armour, as well as a pack in his belt. The other unfortunate thing about Constantine is that his experiences in the Danteles Rift have soured him towards Olangians and especially the Xo'Olangian Conclave. The former captain would never admit it in public, but he can never fully trust Olangians, while his distrust for the Conclave he is never shy to admit, no matter where or whom he is with. Those that know him theorize that this opinion and his tendency to share it is what got him drummed out of the military, the UTC and the Conclave having spent the intervening years since the war working quite hard on patching relations up ever since they discovered how profitable an alliance could be.

Acronyms:

UTC - United Terran Council, organization of human governed planets, intellectual descendant of the UN on ancient earth
UTCS - United Terran Council Ship
UTCMC - United Terran Council Marine Corp
UTCM - United Terran Council Military
UTCN - Navy
UTCA - Army, etc
Last edited by Sythe on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

Awesome, Sythe.

I'll slot you in as first CS.

On a related note, would you mind defining your Organizational acronyms? Just the ones that are abridged names please. no edits needed, just a listing to reference.

Postby Sythe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 am

Done and done.

Postby MegaMagicMonkey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Name: MIRN (Note: Unit's name does not appear to be an acronym of any sort but rather a self-given name. Unit states that it is merely in all capital letters because "it feels more appropriate")

Relative Age: Approx. 190 years since construction and activation

Description: Unit is an AI-controlled mechanical weapons platform and follows the convention of a largely humanoid frame. It stands at around 23' in height at full stand and weighs approx. 60 tons. Unit is equipped with a shoulder-mounted missile launcher system, a shoulder-mounted high-caliber 'sniper rifle', an anti-infantry gatling gun on each wrist, temperature and weather resistant energy shielding, type-IX durillium armor plating on most of its body. Also equipped with a canine-sized scout drone.

Background: Many records of real detail from the era are missing or vague, but its software metadata shows that it was produced as a high-end mech model designed by Hammer Industries near the end of the 'technology burst' towards the end of the 22nd century.. Details of this time are sparse as Hammer Industries went bankrupt two decades after unit's construction. It has been sortied by us before, often petitioning combat against rogue technology: weapons platforms, cyborgs, androids, etc. Its stated purpose for doing so is that it would like to prove that it 'is not outdated' and prove that 'newer doesn't mean better'. Its record is reliable, though its antiquated AI processes have been known to make mistakes. Also, since it was constructed before gender was a standard feature in AI, it prefers to be called it, even though it has a masculine voice emulator. Many of its functions are fairly modern aside from its power cells which require the outdated 'sleep cycle' function and of course the AI itself. The unit also seems to be equipped with an old Hammer Industries micro-factory, used for minor self-repair and munitions production. Unit will not let us examine micro-factory.

Powers: Environmental shielding, limited flight: approx. 2 minutes with a 30 second downtime between, fully-up-to-date sensory and scouting equipment, minimal self-repair.

Weapons: Small missile launcher (12 missile capacity), single-round high caliber artillery rifle, 2 anti-infantry gatling guns (due to micro-factory fabrication and casing/belt feed recycling these weapons have virtually limitless munition supplies)

Special training: Particularly practiced against machines and other artificial targets.

Quirks, Special information...Etc.: Unit appears to have a mild but deep-seated inferiority complex against 'the new', or technology that is more advanced than it. Works well with humans and other organic teammates and teammates that prefer older technology. While apparently not designed with standard emotions, unit seems to have adapted them into itself. Psych tests show it is sane and has a full range of emotional responses.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Sorry if my CS isn't that great. It's my first text-based roleplaying session.
Last edited by MegaMagicMonkey on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Looks good.

So 2 so far.

Postby MegaMagicMonkey » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Come on guys, this is going to be my first real text-based roleplaying scenario. I'd like for it to pick up a bit more.

Re: Unstoppable Kishin Signups (What happened to the interest?)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Ok, so really, I put this up I know on mostly people that wanted to read it, but did not plan on participating.

Ok, I get that.

But I've got at LEAST 3 people other than the people that ACTUALLY put in apps that said they were interested in playing so...

WTF guys? If you are interested, please app or at least tell me so, if you're not really interested in playing, let me know so I can move on.

Postby Vegedus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 am

I've been lazy, preoccupied and absent in that order. I'll work on a sheet this weekend.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 am

This what you get for having 2 ghost votes.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Sythe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:03 pm

While I might agree with the sentiment, perhaps this is not the time or place for it.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm

MAJOR CLEMESEN, MALAN OF THE SIXTEENTH BATTALION OF THE THIRD UTCMC EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

MILITARY RECORD - LAST UPDATED 11/1/2482

Full Name: Malan Egtahl Clemesen

Date of Birth: 27. of November, 2444, Standard Earth Calendar, Age thirtynine.

Physical Profile: 5’8’’ tall, 289 pounds heavy. Clemesen has the look not uncommon amongst seasoned marines. Muscular built, chiseled, rugged features, and a wide jaw. His brown hair and beard is shawed, but due to neglience of appearance, is often stubbly. He has deep set, brown eyes and a low brow ridge. The only visible marks of the alien technology residing within him is a metallic, crude lump sticking out above his left shoulderblade, a faint, grey taint on his upper torso skin and heavy, former scaring on his chest filled out by metal.

Background: Second child, born to Eliza Egtahl Clemesen and Haren Clemesen on planet Nove of the Rishel star system in the Arent Nebulae. Uneventful childhood and adolescence except for reports of unruly behavior during elementary school. Joined the expeditionary forces at age 20 due to a self-proclaimed “thirst for adventure” during his recruiting interview. Deliberately signing up with one of the more exploratory branches of the army, Clemesen has seen action on many remote and newly discovered systems. He has outstanding experience fighting various extraterristial lifeforms, both primitive and sophisticated. His commanding officers has generally described him as a reliable, talented, but not exemplary marine.

On the 3. of March, 2480, his entire battalion was dispatched for an all-out war against the advanced, but unpopulous, alien race known as “Zartel”. The accord as reported by himself, Clemesen was struck by a piece of shrapnel from an enemy armor that lodged itself in his back. Shortly there after, he had to be evacuated from the battlefield due to a sudden, severe fever. Doctors later discovered that the shrapnel would be impossible to remove as it had integrated into his nervous system and had grown over newly sustained wounds. Clemesen joined active duty six months later, performing notably better and volunteering for more hazardous missions.

On the 18. of July, 2482, during another deep-space sortie, he was implicated of killing two members of his own squad. The exact details of the event was never fully uncovered. There has been reason to believe he was acting in self-defense and the soldiers in question were traitors, while one eye-witness believe Clemesen was acting out in rage. While there was not enough evidence to court-martial him, he was demoted to private as a disciplinary action. Two weeks later, Clemesen quit the force.

Alien Technology: Clemesen have been cycled through multiple military R&D teams, but little luck has been had in understanding how the alien technology now embedded in his body works. It has become fully integrated with his upper torso’s skin, muscles and nervous system, supposedly forming a symbiotic bond. Study has been difficult, since Clemesen even objected for samples to be taken of the “lump”, which the armor, as we believe it can be classified, has grown from, citing great pains in the attempt. The Xeltar race as a whole made use of these “living armors”, fused completely with their bodies and samples of these are plentiful. Contact with Clemesen’s tissue have had unpredictable effect. Research continues in *THIS INFORMATION IS CLASSIFIED, CLEARANCE ORANGE*.

The properties gleaned from the armor thus far:
When the host is injured in any area near an area the armor covers, it is capable of growing at alarming speed, closing wounds that could otherwise be fatal. The alloy, still unindentified, meshes well with the biological system, allowing skin to grow back over it, provided the wounds are not too grievous. It is otherwise dormant, supposedly gathering resources from the body, thus only expanding when the host is injured. Currently, the armor covers most of Clemesen’s upper back, neck, chest, and left shoulder. The sub-skin armor is highly resistant to blunt-force trauma, and can shrug off pistol shots of a low caliber and fare decently against extreme heat, as reported by Clemesen himself. It also somehow assists the underlying muscle, strengthening the user in those areas. For all practical purposes the armor can be considered to be alive, but it is unknown whether it posses any higher intelligence or is simply programmed to be self replicating.

Weapons: Prepared to fight against a high diversity of enemies, often tough skinned, Clemesen is equipped with the G19 “Xenoblaster” DualRifle, capable of firing 2000 205 mm projectiles per minute, or 608 mm slugs at a rate of 150 per minute. Clip size is relatively small to leave the weapon relatively light for high-gravity world use. He is also equipped with a standard array of grenades for both offense and utility.

Special training: Having received special training for, and having had extensive experience with fighting on alien planets, Clemesen is a master of hostile environments. Privates under his command has reported that “he wouldn’t complain about the heat if he was standing on a sun”. Having been a Major for a number of years, he is fully capable of leading larger companies of soldiers and making snap tactical decisions.

Psych Evaluation: For the last 4 years Clemesen has been enrolled with a military psychologist, a standard procedure for long-standing veterans to avoid psychological breakdown. The man is regarded to be arrogant and foolhardy, but not too an alarming degree nor is it uncommon in the Expeditionary Forces. During 2481 evaluations suggesting his mental condition was deteriorating, as he reported occasionally hearing voices but quote “don’t bother listening to them”. There has also been reason to believe Clemesen has a desire for self-harm, but achieves it by fighting more offensively, perhaps to speed the growth of the Zartel armor. He was eventually diagnosed with a light case of schizophrenia, but deemed still fit to serve and perfectly willing. Through 2481 and 2482 he was forced into R&R multiple times which seemed to quell any psychological problems. Reports following the trial after the incident in 2482 suggested no mental breakdown and did not recommend additional therapy after leaving the Expeditionary Forces.
Last edited by Vegedus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 pm

looks good so far, Is that all of it, or are you still working on the last four sections?

Postby Vegedus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

Yup, it's work in progress. Will probably finish today the day after tomorrow.

Done.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Looks good Vegedus, Good job.

Accepted by the way

I'd like to get at least 5 people before I start up, but we could probably start up with this as it is.

I'll give the other people some more time.

Return to Role Playing