Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:56 am

Not to mention that it's surprisingly difficult to wrap one's head around the fact I can't focus on sights when describing scenes. Didn't occur to me until after the post that I should describe the smells...

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Well you certainly like a challenge, Iris.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Question, how does Jack Claus, aka the Checkered Man, know Marea's and Mr. Wiggle's name?
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Asmodai wrote:Question, how does Jack Claus, aka the Checkered Man, know Marea's and Mr. Wiggle's name?

We'll the characters have been there at the circus for at least thirty days or so and now we're at the sixth plane. Remember Quin, wanted to past the introduction phase and go to a point where we all somewhat know each other. That's why I have been pming everyone to already establishing some sort of relationship.

Its on this post here.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh right, forgot about that... wait, then why are we given a tour?
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm

See that part got me too, except I got to thinking since we're in a different plane, all the sights (with the creatures and what not) we're seeing now is because it couldn't be shown as much in the 7th, since it would cause too much of a stir.

Edit: Also, Asmo, How bad is the life force drain?
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I guess that makes sense...

Barely noticeable. Like I mentioned, he'd feel a constant fatigue in about 10 years if they keep bunked up the entire time. it would take another 20 years before she'd do any serious harm this way.
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm

It's more like an official tour that they just got started now, after finally pushing it onto Marvin, who has now left it to Jasper. Frankly, the people in the circus don't really care about newbies so...they normally go out of their way to ignore them actually.

Plus, the circus is fricking huge so even with a maximum of 30 days wandering, you may not know it all or who owns what or the important people.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Who's the cook?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:16 pm

There are vendors all around the place and numerous fast-food shops. If you want something healthy, you go to one of the stock-masters and get the provisions off of them.

Members of the circus do get discounts by the way at the vendors and fast-food shops, but you'll still owe them, and they have little gizmos handed out to them that register those who owe them, so don't think you can just eat and run. If you can't steal properly, don't do it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 pm

So we don't get paid and no one cares about their employees.....that is so annoying.
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Remy can provide a form of payment to people who help him out.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm

You get paid when you work.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:23 pm

That eases some of my frustration. Never did care for trail by fire.
More Robots

Postby Dee Arris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Forgive my lateness. Working on my entry now.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 pm

We get paid in, what, money relevant to the plane we come from? Because I have more than enough of that on hand.

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Finally got around to posting. Took longer than I thought and I rather didn't like how it turned out but it's good enough for now.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am

The circus has it's own money, machines placed around the circus take in a wide range of monies and spit out small (actually poor and shoddy quality) gems, about the size of grapes, black gems equal single digits, red gems equal double digits and purple gems equal triple digits.

And the circus frowns on those who water down the value MM so don't try it. Although they would certainly appreciate someone helping them in their manufacture.

So if Michael handed in all his money, he'd get it changed to gems. I don't know about the rate of change but there you go.
Also, minor point, they don't transfer the gems into outsider money. You'll have to speak to one of the salesmen of the circus, as they have access to the reservoirs of foreign money, but expect a high rate of change from them as they'll want a cut for the trouble. (Or you could try Fummo's guy)
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:48 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:
And the circus frowns on those who water down the value MM so don't try it. Although they would certainly appreciate someone helping them in their manufacture.

If they ask about it, then he would help. Earning extra cash is never a bad thing.
More Robots

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:23 pm

I shall post soon!
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm

It also appears you have not read a single post directed at you here in the OOC thread. MQ asked you to change your font color, since it's illegible and to change your location, as you're supposed to be with the group.
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 pm

There's also the fact that posting two lines is pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, if it was some brilliant amazing one-liner that I would be proud to add to my sig, yes.

But frankly, no-ones done that yet, so you ain't got no chance under the sun of doing so.

So change your location, change your font and get in line.

Please.

Edit:

I have just realised that my cast is heavily biased towards the male gender, there being only one female.

Hence I will be accepting suggestions for one female veteran and one future female villain, preferably one who could a dragon or lone threat.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Do you have a lot of experience with writing Dee, or do an English course or something?...
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Dee Arris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Do you have a lot of experience with writing Dee, or do an English course or something?...

I've just always enjoyed writing, that's all.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:42 pm

It's good.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing