Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 am

Regeneration is fine. It's good for speeding things along if heroes can shrug off wounds quickly, but the level he's suggesting is too much.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Fummoffu » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll finish Ollie off soon, MQ.

And I agree with you. Finding a middle ground where your character has have acceptable pros and cons isn't difficult.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Added a monster. Hope it's okay with you Sam.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah it's fine.

You should have asked though :/
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Whoops...Started making a lot of faux pas recently.

Sorry.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Its nice to see updates. So is that monster for the Sixth Plane?

edit: Since, I see mercs there can I assume that the circus does more than just entertain?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm

No, just some back-story. Also, those monsters, yes.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Now is the circus the only thing in existence that can travel between the planes or is there devices (or something of that nature) that can let one travel between different planes?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:59 pm

I'd assume a circus is not unique in all reality, and that many other things can travel planes, but I would like to know how the plane traveling process works as well.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

The leader of the circus has access to a rather unique method of transporting through the realms which, if widely known, would have even more sentients trying to get their appendages on it. His method allows him to travel quickly without fuss, as well as move whatever he wants at a large scale at a time through realms.

Putting it simply, if he wanted he could move the entire circus and everyone in the circus down a realm, even if some of the members were in a different continent.

Normally you can only open up a small portal for a small time and there is always the risk of temporal zombies to worry about and other various things. Like the cost of keeping it open, how many can go through, do you want to come out somewhere specifically on the other side, etc, etc. Basically, it's really fricking hard to travel through realms easily, which is part of the circus's attraction really. It'd be like the steam-ships of old times, allowing the chance for people all over the world to see new places which they'd previously have no hope of reaching even one of them.

So to answer your question MM, there are literally billions of ways and devices to travel through realms, but when you consider how large all thirteen mortal dimensions all, billions is pretty much half a grain of sand on a beach. A half grain of sand that's hard to get, normally has a price, a risk and only works for one, etc.

Creatures that live in pocket dimensions find it easier to jump into other planes so there are a lot of other methods that involve jumping into a pocket dimension then out into a different mortal plane. This tends to be more reliable to those that can risk the dangers of these pocket dimensions due to their unstable existences and inhabitants.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm

So is the Asshole section going to be Big Bads, Rivals, and Problematic Beings of Interest? And if so, can we possibly get a sample?

edit: I look forward to when this starts. I have it planned for either training somewhere far way from the circus to find a way to the understand the golden rectangle using tiny statues or having William sitting on a death trap fully bound to it with a gun aimed at his head, that is about to go off at a certain time.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Their only offensive abilities are their numbers and their ability to instill fear with both their appearance and sound, and exuberance of pheromones.

Now that is going to be a pain in the ass
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Thought you may think that. Don't worry, hers and there's would cancel each other out, unless there's a swarm or you march into their cave or something.

MM@ Yes, and at a certain point in the future, yes.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Speaking of which, added a small group of villains and another monster.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Hmmm... Nox is kind of like a wraith, except tied even less to the material. That means that he can't hurt people like the wraiths can while in his natural form. On the other hand, he doesn't have their weaknesses. He dislikes light, and sunlight in particular, but it doesn't hurt him. Light-based attacks, however, would be more effect.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Hmm...Perhaps you should flesh out your CS a little more, when it comes to his powers and states of being.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:18 am

Updated my CS, added more personality and added some more stuff in the extra notes.
More Robots

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm

@MQ: I changed Kabocha's theme to something I thought more fitting to her. Also, I noticed your comment on page 3 about her age. 150 is actually very young for a fae, still a child. Most fae lifespans are 10-20 times longer than a normal human's. She'd be the equivolent of a 10-15 year old. Make sense?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

That..doesn't really matter to me. Unless she gains intelligence, experience and power ten times as slowly, the same problems arise.

The problem with letting characters that are ancient run around is that they can pull stuff like experience or old knowledge out of their asses, like entire libraries of spells and things, which I'd frown on anyway by the way.

But, considering you haven't made it so that she's been practicing sword-fighting or something for the last hundred years, she should be fine. I don't mind if she's just spent most of her life gardening so lond as her powers are at an equal level to the rest of the cast.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 pm

She'd barely be studying her magic, but most of the time she would be gardening or flying around.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm

As much as I look forward to the start of this rpg, I now look forward to Kemious and Doc's CS that will eventually be posted.

Edit:

Also I select Micheal to face off against Keto with some backup (just incase).
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 pm

An interesting idea, but it takes time to break through belief. He'd need to know about the religion and have a chance to talk to them.

Simply put, fanatics are hard to reason with.

Also, Kemious?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Didn't think it would be easy, but Micheal is the best candidate for the job of out of everyone.

And yes, Kemious, a rper like you and me that's been around quite a long while. He has expressed interested and might be going for a human with magical gifts through at this point its hard to say.
More Robots

Postby Dee Arris » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Introduce the giant snake into the equation. That'll loosen a few tongues. 8)

Postby Asmodai » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I've been reading up on everybody's CS's... Dee, Sri and Marea are going to be BFF's :D
Mephobiac

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing