FPRP III OOC: New Beginnings

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: FPRP III: New Beginnings

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I note that all the positions are filled on the jobs roster, do i just pluck for one and hope for the best ?

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Deckhand, last I heard, could have some more people.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Then Deckhand it is

Postby Archrival » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Aren't there some Apprentice based positions, I mean like Eward may need an assistant for complex surgery not that he can't handle it on his own mind you.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Iris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Akaine wrote:And Iris, I'm working on yours!

Righto, take your time :D

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome to the life of a Deckhand Timer! Hopefully Felix and whoever you make can be good friends.

EDIT: I notice no one has taken Musician, or I just haven't seen the pending CS for it.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Actually.. that might work..

Postby Sentios » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Archrival wrote:Aren't there some Apprentice based positions, I mean like Eward may need an assistant for complex surgery not that he can't handle it on his own mind you.

The decks hands fill that role kind of, certain deckhands may be called on more than others to help with certain things. Though the players with the deckhands should probably make it known what positions they want to help out with if they've got a preference.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:22 pm

All I know is that Maximus will be aiding the Cannon Master, the Gun Master, and the Cooper.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Felix will be trying his best to get out of any work, especially if it's with Marfan. Finish of the CS will be coming soon!
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Stella

Postby sam4books » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Good luck with that CJ.

Marfan doesn't play. :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Felix is very slippery! Fear his magic of Trickery! Now I'm starting to fear Marfan XD

EDIT: Wow I strung words without trying... Luck!
Stella

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Name: Elizabeth Von Beck, of house Castalan.

Nickname: Bekky, This is actually the name she goes by rather than her full title, not many people have been seen to be worth telling.

Sex:(yes please.. oh i mean) Female

Species: Human

Likes: Bekky is a woman of simple tastes, not highly strung like most woman of her station and is more a jack the lad, and as such enjoys being treated as ‘one of the lads’. She enjoys ale, Her favourite colour is emerald green (the same as her eyes) and a like of folk type music rather than the larger operatic pieces favoured by others of her house.

Dislikes: Bekky HATES being called Elizabeth, it reminds her of her father. She dislikes being waited upon and would rather do things for herself.

Appearance: Standing at 6’ 1” Elizabeth stands slightly taller than the average woman, Her frame is lightly built and a rigid diet plus hours of imposed exercise over her younger years have left her with a figure to die for. An Oval face is dominated by her Emerald green eyes, a short unblemished nose and full lips; her deep brown hair has been cut to fall in loose curls around her shoulders, but is currently tied into a tight pony tail to keep it out of her way while she works.

Her usual attired consists of a close fitting red silk shirt, most of which is tucked into a black leather bodice. Her bodice is not fully tightened and is contrasted to allow her to bend down normally, extenuating her figure while not impeding her work. Her bottoms are black cotton, close fitting but comfortable, all finished with flat bottomed black leather boots (for practicality on the ship). Her only valuable jewlery is a silver locket, One half containing a picture of her mother, the other a picture of her uncle, opening it plays a tune like a primitive music box, a song from her childhood.

Blood Type: B+

History:
Elizabeth Von Beck, of house Castalan an impressive title for a ships hand, but a story lesser told.

It starts in Lunar Station, Rapscord. Elizabeth was the Child of the Gunsmith Russell Von Beck and Sarah Von Beck, House Castalan at the time were making runs of the towns and cities, they had reciently tried to develop a new kind of barrel to make flint locks more accurate, but had lead to the weapons misfiring. The house was in turmoil, and this was the environment young Elizabeth would grow up in. Her three sisters were ‘proper’ ladies, always dressed, pruned, plucked and powdered to perfection, sent to try and “woo” other noble men into marrage and fortune.

Elizabeth despised her sisters for this, she spent her time working with her uncle, Uncle Connor was an Engineer in the factories. A Gunsmith and designer for the Von Beck cooperation. Uncle Connor would be the father that Russell never was. By the age of eighteen ‘Bekky’ was working fully as Connors apprentice, She trained with him all the time she could get away from her stupid classes.. learning in the day to be a 'proper lady', by night learning how to maintain, build and fire the rifles that their empire was build upon. Connor cared for her, taught her what she wanted to know, On her 10th birthday he gifted her a skeletal vilolin which was maked of worked steel, Together on her 13th she built her first rifle (a worked steel tube with an ivory handle... a weapon that she gifted to Connor, it stil hangs on his wall to this day). But all of this was not to last.

Taking her into his room Russell asked why she hadn’t gone with her sisters, why she wasn’t bringing money to the name of House Castalan by mothering the children of the nobles from high town. She called them lazy and stupid, arrogant and blind to the real world, she hated her sisters for getting life easy and never wanted to be like them. Russell made it so, She was stripped of her name and her title. Thrown out into the world penniless and forgotten.

Uncle Connor caught her before she left, gave her a small bag and a large case, told her to go.. enjoy life and never look back. She took the first job on a ship that was passing.. and she never did look back.

Weapons:
The Von Beck pattern long rifle, Also known affectionately as ‘Old Connor’
This rifle in its normal form looks like an ornate Flintlock rifle, made of rolled steel and ebony with gold inlaying, under slung on its barrel seems to hang another barrel and on its top sits a long telescope.

Old Connor is a custom made Flintlock; its additional barrel can be swung into position to extend the weapons length by an additional three feet. When used in this manner it must be mounted on its specially made bipod, which Bekky keeps in her bag pack. Its barrel is rifled, giving it a large effective range and an unprecedented accuracy for a weapon of its design, Its brass telescopic sight also aids to this end. In its normal un-mounted state it is simply a very accurate Flintlock.

She also carries a triple firing pistol, a weapon designed with a rotating back plate. After every shot a new barrel must be manually moved into place, but it allows for three ‘rapid’ (at least for a flint lock) shots before all the barrels must be reloaded.

She carries a sabre, but is bad with it.

Powers:
Gunsmith – Becky has been trained to design, build and repair weapons by her Uncle Connor since a young age; She has so far not designed her own weapons but has modified weapons before. ((I will let the Gm’s decide if she comes up with any ideas))

Crack shot – Bekky in her ship capacity has trained day and night to be able to use ‘old connor’ and other flintlock type weapons to the best of her abilities.

Weaknesses: Close combat is a major weakness for her; Bekky is not terribly strong and is no good with a sword.

Quirks:

Being a jack the lad can sometimes surprise people, especially those who take the book for its cover.

While not a ‘power’ persay, Bekky actually has a rather nice singing voice, and can play the Violin and fiddle.

Job: Deckhand (with aspirations of being a gunner)
Last edited by Timer on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Laziness isn't tolerated on a Pirate ship.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Fummofu wrote:Laziness isn't tolerated on a Pirate ship.

Not even for a charming British teen coated in soot?
Stella

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Never! i shall whip you into shape! :p

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:59 pm

I think he'd make a fine stew.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 pm

I think Bekky was made just to taunt Felix... Curse you buxom temptress! You will distract my sooty british child from doing.... Things!
Stella

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 pm

He good at peeling potatoes?
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 pm

just hope her CS is alright.. i'd hate to think i've lost it after all this time :p

oh she will get you to do things....

cooking, cleaining.. etc :p

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:06 pm

No filth in my spotless kitchen thaaaaaaaaank you.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 pm

He is good at running and hiding. Dusting is his cleaning expertise. Cooking is also a focus, food is fun! Oh and Felix is a bit of a tactician. Felix doesn't get things dirty... Unless he wants to. People assume he is filthy but it is actually the excess magic leaving his body in a very dusty/sooty form.
Stella

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:09 pm

lol you could always use a guy to do the boring jobs ?

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Yeah I suppose. Seeing as the entire crew requires different meals.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I guess Felix will be helping Jacques then, a frog man thing and a filthy magically talented human boy.
Stella

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing