FPRP III OOC: New Beginnings

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: FPRP III: New Beginnings

Postby sam4books » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Updated Marfan's CS btw

Now all that's left is her history.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Zako wrote:Its like a wind up toy that kills.

Now I want one for Christmas.

Tag Line: Mister Mechanical, guarantee to do anything except live. WARNING: Mister Mechanical may kill you if he deems you evil.

Yeah, I admit, its definitely something I would want under the tree on Christmas morning.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Zako » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 am

Updated But not yet complete. Still working on it.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Karo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:04 am

Mastermind001 wrote:Hey, not often do I get to play a super robot...that requires winding.

I just had a bad flashback of Mahou Sensei Negima, and it's all your fault MM.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:19 am

Well if I get accepted, I'll do my best to make things crazy or crazier.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Sentios » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:28 am

Your windup man is good an all but I love my 'kinda scary' furball, and sam's character will love all the shedding.

Speaking of cogms is Tuor keeping his character underwraps or just slacking?
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby BG07 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Hmmmm... I think I may want to go a different direction with my character... I'm still gonna shoot for the Navigator spot, though I'll need some more time to change stuff.

Postby Tuor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Sentios wrote:Speaking of cogms is Tuor keeping his character underwraps or just slacking?

Haha, little from column A, little from column B. Mostly, I don't like to post WIP CS's.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sentios » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Tuor wrote:Haha, little from column A, little from column B. Mostly, I don't like to post WIP CS's.

Gotcha, gotcha. I don't do that either, I just do mine all in one go.

Postby Tuor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Ya, I usually do as well.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BG07 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Hardly anyone used to do it back in the day if I remember correctly.

Postby Tuor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Finish a sheet in one go? or post WIP sheets?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BG07 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Tuor wrote:Finish a sheet in one go? or post WIP sheets?

The posting a WIP sheet, I remember that most people would just finish them in one go, in like... an hour after the RP was posted.

Also totally done now viewtopic.php?p=3230922#p3230922

Postby Akaine » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:31 am

Okay, to make this easier for everyone:

Yes, I'm bringing back Akaine Omorrow with some major changes to her. I'm making her less clichee', or so I hope.

As to where the rp will start, I mentioned it in the OOC's first few paragraphs, but I plan on having a few members be pre-existing, (of my choice), and have the rest come upon fliers or hear about a recruiting session for the Pine Marten's crew.

About the deckhands: If everyone has their hearts set on master gunman or master swordsman/woman, then whomever isn't picked for those spots will be changed to Deckhands with special abilities in whatever department they wanted. Basically, the only thing that would change would be their title and their ranking on the ship.

I'm re-reading the Cs's and marking my notes up on everyone, so this process may take a little while. That's the main reason why I wanted the RP to start after Christmas. :3 I want to give all of your Cs's the time and care that you put into them.

Any other questions or ones that I missed?

And to my lovely Co-gm's, I'll be sending you a pm shortly :3
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby CrimsonJack » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:53 am

Well I seem to be the only master swordsman applicant so far so I'm not too worried. Still have quite a bit to write up about Karvon, oh and if anyone were wondering Karvon appears to be in his mid twenties when he is five thousand is because a Vessel is let's say like a sculpture. They don't actually age, they remain the same for as long as the live or until they chose to change it. Karvon decided to remain twenty after a couple hundred years of aging.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:30 am

There's another applicant for that position.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Zako » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 am

Yes there is.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Tuor » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:23 am

BG07 wrote:
Tuor wrote:Finish a sheet in one go? or post WIP sheets?

The posting a WIP sheet, I remember that most people would just finish them in one go, in like... an hour after the RP was posted.

Ya, that's what I remember too.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Karo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:01 am

I try not to post a WIP sheet unless I'm really busy (i.e. going to work or to school) and I don't want to lose the progress that I have.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Fummoffu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 am

So we have the Wendigo and a Demigod thing?

And all I wanted to RP as was a Frog.
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:52 am

Now now Fummo don't get hopping mad.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Sentios » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:15 am

Karo wrote:I try not to post a WIP sheet unless I'm really busy (i.e. going to work or to school) and I don't want to lose the progress that I have.

That's why I type them up into a document, saving periodically, and then copy and paste from that.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 am

I prefer to post WIPs, as it allows the GM and co-GMs to quickly see and rectify any errors. Its like programming, you always build a prototype first, because it uncovers faults in an early stage.
Mephobiac

Postby CrimsonJack » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 am

I have a suggestion Akaine, instead of making someone who wasn't picked for MS or MG couldn't you make them an underling of the MS or MG? This is because I read that teams of trained men would work under the MG and it says the MS would have a few young men working with him. Or are NPCs going to take over those roles?
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Akaine » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Welp...just because a CS has been posted, don't assume that you'll get in. I don't mean to be mean, but that's how rp's are. You don't always get in.

We have a lot more openings in the Deckhand position than most of the others. So don't get discouraged if you get the position you want.

Jack: That's what a Deckhand is, in an unglorified term. When they're not doing general chores around the ship, they are helping out the Master gunman or Master swordsman, or whomever their talents lie with. It's just that the ship needs to have chores done, and it's better for the Master gunman and Master swordsman to have their time and efforts dedicated to their craft and bettering their craft for the better amount of their time, and in the deckhands off-time, train them and prepare for any incidents.

I don't plan on having NPC's on the actual ship as crew, because we have so many applicants, and I'd like to let as many people in as possible to fill up the ranks. There is one thing though, I won't substitute quality for quantity.

EDIT: In the first two FPRP's, I let almost anyone in, because I like to help people gain experience. Unfortunately, in this rp, even if it seems a little pompous, I plan on having a certain level of quality here that wasn't available in the previous ones.
Last edited by Akaine on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing