Warhammer Fantasy RP (OOC-Signups are open)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Warhammer Fantasy RP (OOC-Signups are open)

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:34 am

Then maybe you could just not say anything, that'd be nifty.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Iris » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 am

While Arch is still busy, I'm just going to go over a couple things about your CS Creastal. There's a couple perspective errors that really do need some changing.

so if his hand sliped off my handle it would stop my hand from getting cut from my own axe.

allies by my side but will cover himself if everyone

As he got my vengence.

These examples should be written as 'his'. The grammatical errors are there but these are the most glaring factor when reading someone's post due to the random shift in perspective.

Now story wise, you'd want to change the fact that orcs have a king. Orcs don't fight as one normally. As a whole the race fights in multiple 'warbands' and are lead by a 'warboss'. Just alter that and it'll fit into the RP better.

Chaz hates orcs because of his past and willing to to kill every last orc on the planet because it remind him of his past.

It's a bit redundant to mention that Chaz hates orcs due to his past twice. Just end that sentence with 'and is willing to kill every last orc on the planet.'

There are a couple other points but I think I've said enough for now in one post.
Last edited by Iris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:43 am

In Fantasy they are actually still 'Orcs', it's in 40k where they're 'Orks'
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Iris » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:45 am

Huh, well I'll be damned you're right. I'll strike that note off my list of things creastal should change then to prevent confusion. Cheers for catching me on that one Tuor.

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 am

Thumbs up, dude
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Villain » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:25 am

Hmmm, I know it's generally only the Vampire Counts who have it but my character practically lived in Sylvania (half the town was over the border and that's still pretty close) so would having Von in his name be acceptable? Or is that again, only for the VC's?
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 am

Von just means "from" or "of".
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Villain » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:28 am

Oh, huh didn't know that. Well that makes things alot easier now to fit. Thanks Tuor.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:31 am

No problem. Von Carstein is just a family name, there are likely loads of other Von ____'s running around that are not vampire
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Matthonius » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 am

I have Von in my name. It's german for from war, or from battle.
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 am

@Crystal: I think you should change race as your presumptions of what Warhammer dwarves are like is a little off, yes they hate Orcs but they are not caring and willing. Usually they're quite self centered, vengeance from dwarves is ually due to a grudge or if one has become a slayer and as Iris said Orcs don't have a king. I suggest you play a human that could be related to MLS's character, yes I know is a little cliche but I think it best to help you build your skills rather than playing a race that is actually rather complex in this universe.

@Mathonius: Could you please respond to MLS IC please?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

grr i don't want to play a human want to play a dwarf.
Temple of Dreams - Orion - For Whom the Bell Tolls
I am beautiful because I am not perfect.

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm

I know I know but I think the complexity of how dwarves are portrayed in this is a bit too complicated for someone who doesn't truly understand the universe.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm

but then i have to make another cs damn it all i really need this.

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Don't make an entirely new one, just tailor your previous one.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:08 pm

oh ok edited my last cs post take a look.

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:18 pm

If i do get accepted please be my co -gm rival for my rp if i am worthy of an rp.(sorry for double posting)

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Asmodai wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:I've taken you as far as I can.

Amusing how her CS, despite the grammatical errors, is already better than most of yours.

She has creativity. I'm just fixing her misspellings and some places where the wordings' off and giving her helpful hints. I'm pretty sure the two of us could come up with a good CS together.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes I do, but it still wont help me get in, it's my grammer that everyone hates nothing else. I made it long enough, it is just I one didn't have enough experience to be accepted as a dwarf, so I had to change some stuff around to be a human instead I hate humans grr there so weak.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Humans are as weak as you make them.
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Crea, we are trying to help you.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby creastal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 pm

I know but he said i had to make a human.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Archrival wrote:I think you should change race

He didn't say you had to, he just said it would be a better idea.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Because being a human is easier to play than a dwarf in this universe, everyone knows how to play a human well because we're human. Playing a dwarf is hard unless well knowledged in dwarves of the Warhammer calibre.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:57 pm

I'd be playing a dwarf myself if Warhammer dwarves were closer to D&D dwarves.
High Queen Dovahkiin

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing