X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The X-Institute 2: OOC

Postby sam4books » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Zako wrote:Would it be safe to assume that all major bridges and landmarks in San Fransisco are badly damaged, demolished and under Sentinel control?

Probably.

I did hint to San Francisco Bay falling to the Sentinels in my character's history.

Is your character in California Zako? If so, interested in working something out between our characters? :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Glacier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Draken30000 wrote:So my character is new and knows no one, naturally. Should I have him start near other players or what? I am really lost on where to start XD.

If you want to have someone to interact with before Imenak GM's us to where we're needed, meeting, etc. Then by all means put your guy around other people. Where's he from and has he traveled very far from there in the 6 years the world turned to shit?
Last edited by Glacier on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Zako » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Most likely yes.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby sam4books » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Sweet. PM coming your way. :)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I almost hate to remind people of this, but remember that not everyone's getting accepted. I'm going to select a few new people who I think would work best for the story, then that's it. At best (and because I'm so incredibly nice), I'll probably allow for rejected characters to have oneshot appearances, where they'll either 1) leave to continue the fight elsewhere, 2) remain behind while the group moves on to continue the fight, or 3) die gloriously/horribly. Then, we'll do it comic book style, where if a character is popular enough amongst the existing the players, they can appear again or even stay on.

In terms of danger for the Sentinels, it's a general rule that the lower the Sector number is, the more dangerous the territory. The "outer" Sectors are pretty much all the same (constant risk of death or crapture). The "inner" Sectors which directly border Sector Zero are the most dangerous, with possible turning into guaranteed confrontation. Sector Zero is just guaranteed death.

Also, whenever you tell me you've edited something, I'm paying attention. If I don't say anything, it's usually because I don't see anything wrong with what you've changed yet.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Well that's worrying.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Glacier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Just trying to help... Thanks for the reminder and that's pretty good info to know. Will our characters know about the sector's reputations or are we flying blind?

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Not saying anything to you in particular, Glacier. Just wanted to make sure the new players don't make big plans and get their hopes up, because that'd make me feel more awful.

And characters will know about the sectors' reputations, especially Sector 0 and the ones bordering it.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Asmodai » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Even if I'm not accepted, I still got a character out of this. So it's already a win-win for me. Character creation is always my favorite part anyway :3
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm

:P Bah, I'll deal with whatever happens. Anyway, just finishing crashing through the history, should be satisfactory enough to be acceptable.

Also, anyone know how to permanently disable smilies?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby BG07 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 pm

If anyone on the East Coast of the US wants to collaborate with me, go for it.

Postby Styx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm

History edited along with a complete power change. Hector now controls the weather

Postby Glacier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Sorry, you have that effect on me. I'm over excited for this, so I need that. Been a while since I had a real reason to regularly visit the RP board. It brings out the nice, helpful if talkative Glacier out. You also made it clear I need to listen more carefully when the GM speaks as you were my first.

Postby Aneri » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:53 pm

BG, for a moment I thought you meant from the East Coast in real life. I was very confused what that had to do with anything....

And then I stopped being stupid. :D

Quinny, there should be a list on the left side of the reply box at the end of the thread that you can check off "Disable smilies" for. I did it years ago, and haven't had to check it again, so I think that should work?
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I think you may actually have to go into your profile/preferences to set the default to smilies disabled. I shall dig around and check.

User Control Panel > Board Preference > Edit Posting defaults
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm

That never stuck with me Aneri, I'll try that out Hana.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Glacier wrote:You also made it clear I need to listen more carefully when the GM speaks as you were my first.
Glacier wrote:you were my first.

I'm awful. I read your potentially touching remark, and ended up snickering at the last 4 words. "Haha, yeah I was! Bow chika bow wow!" But anyway, no worries and no need to apologize.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Alright I guess I could situate my character near the others, thanks Glacier.....if I get accepted..........You know that daunting feeling you get when you feel as though you will get cut, but you push on anyway because stopping now would have been a waste of effort? Yep, I have that right now. But whatever happens, happens. I wont be offended or hold a grudge :grin: Going to go work on finishing up my character.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry for double post, but I was wondering, Imenak, if it would be allowed for my character to defeat a heavily damaged and weakened sentinel in his history?

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Is it really that important to have that kind of thing on your record?
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Imenak might say different, but imho, a lone takedown is kind of much for a new character, since they're supposed be lower-powered than the returning characters...and there are only a few returning characters that I'd put money on for a lone takedown of a Sentinel, even a damaged one.

Or maybe I just don't have enough confidence in the Old Gang. ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Well it wont be a lone takedown, his folks did 95% of the damage, he just finishes it off in a fury over their deaths. If he cant that is fine, I will just think up something else.

Postby Cascade » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Ooh, taking down a sentinel alone is difficult... right. Y-yeah, it totally is... >_>
FUKKATSU

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

THIS IS GRIMDARK, CAS, EVERYTHING MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Draken30000 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I was wondering, Imenak, if it would be allowed for my character to defeat a heavily damaged and weakened sentinel in his history?

So long as he really is just finishing it off. Otherwise, there's no way a single character from a new player can manage a lone take down without some serious ingenuity.
My Characters' Endings

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing