X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The X-Institute 2: OOC

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm

hmm, that puppeteer ability seems dangerous.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby GnSz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:03 pm

@Samurai: Could Puppeteer work on an unconscious person? I know that's probably possession and not puppeteer-ing but it'd be quite useful if possible.

Postby Silver Samurai » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:06 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:hmm, that puppeteer ability seems dangerous.

I actually quoted it to Imenak about Juliette's powers and also her 'upgrades' actually, and he seems to approve of it.

And yes, Akaine. <3 It had been, like, a damn long while. Lol.

@GnSz: I haven't thought of that actually, but I don't think it would work on an unconcious person. I'll talk with Imenak about it. But thanks for the question! At least I'll be able to add on that. ;D
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby GnSz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 pm

@Samurai: lol no problem. I think the puppeteer ability is great. I was planning something similar to what you have, so thankfully I didn't!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Well...I'll have to live with it then. Although even that has a weakness thankfully.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:19 pm

As a vet of the game, of course she's powerful. Anyway, no, it wouldn't work on an unconscious person. Technically, she could still possess them, but since they're unconscious, it'd be pointless. A sleeping person is different, since she could rouse them awake.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby GnSz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 pm

D'awwww man. Oh well. :|

Postby Akaine » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Would you want a rp sample from me? I know we've been in any rp's, but I figured that I'd make sure XD
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

No, none of the old players need to give me a writing sample. |D
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Finished Hiram’s sheet on page two.

Hope you don’t mind the brief mention of Phantazia.

Postby Akaine » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Still workin' on it.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Fellguarde wrote:Finished Hiram’s sheet on page two.

Hope you don’t mind the brief mention of Phantazia.

Not at all.

I'm loving the fact that so many of the returning characters believe (with extremely good reason) that they're the sole survivor of the Genosha catastrophe. Everyone's inevitable reunion better be so tear jerking, that a single manly tear won't suffice.
My Characters' Endings

Postby sam4books » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:52 pm

GnSz wrote:Anyways, so I noticed Hawaii's not colored. That's miiiiighty interesting.

Just noticed this.

That's part of the reason why I placed my character in California :)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Karo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Hisui's sheet is done on page 1 Imenak.
Glacier, Ben has been added in her history as promised. You can edit your history to reflect that if you want to.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Belwicket » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:That's a big CS.

Imenak warned you that a fair few of us like to write to some length. Don't concern yourself too too much.

Wish I could make mine that long.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm still working on my character. I can't help feeling inadequate, though.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Zako » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 pm

I have been mulling over whether to join or not.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby BG07 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Geomancer wrote:I'm still working on my character. I can't help feeling inadequate, though.

It isn't the size that counts, its how you use it.

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Feels like old times already!
My Characters' Endings

Postby Karo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:34 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:
TheLivingCouch wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:That's a big CS.

Imenak warned you that a fair few of us like to write to some length. Don't concern yourself too too much.

Wish I could make mine that long.

Then stop whining and start writing.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Far from finished, mainly just want to see if his "power" is ok. If you have a problem with it, like preferring a mutant, I have a few other ideas I could fall back on.
Also, if this or any other ones are ok, anyone want a partner? I've considered ways to start on my own, but being with someone when it starts could be neat too.

Name: Leo

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Powers: Leo has no super powers. He’s no mutant, just a normal human being. What he does have, however, is technical skill. An engineer and inventor, he’s got a keen mind for technology. He can build and maintain most anything he puts his mind to, and given the conditions of recent years Leo has become quite skilled with jury-rigging creations and repairs with scrap. They’ve also pushed him towards practical over spectacular. This alone wouldn’t make him much of a fighter, however. Based off early Stark designs and modified by Leo’s own vision and the changing situations he finds himself in, he maintains and uses a suit of powered armor.
Armor Suit: Compared to the many suits it takes cues from, it’s relatively bulky and uneven, with rough edges. Most of it is dull grey, with an occasional splatter of dark green or dark grey paint for some bit of stealth. Its mask is relatively plain, with its own rough sharp corners. Despite appearances, it’s quite sturdy and reliable: Leo has spent a lot of time reworking it, giving it reinforcement and back-up systems. Overall, it’s mostly well-rounded, never focused too far on strength, mobility or armor. It’s still considerably stronger than a human being, and while it cannot fly, it can jump several stories, less if it’s carrying too much weight. A close inspection would reveal that several of the parts have been built or assembled from scrap parts from destroyed Sentinels Leo has come across.
Weapons: His foremost weapon is a focused high intensity beam of energy, shot from a unit attached to his right wrist. He can vary the energy and frequency, although really pure damage, light injury and laser pointer are the only settings with much use. His secondary and most potent weapon is a rocket launched integrated to the back of his suit. On command it rises over his right shoulder and locks into position. Auto loader, it fires handmade rockets from a small supply on the lower left side of his back. Beyond these the strength of the suit allows him to physically fight or throw heavy objects to good effect.
Scrap Shield: Not a singular item but more a system, the arms of his suit contain multipurpose grippers on the sides, along with some on his back. These allow him to pick up and store bits of scrap from the battlefield, from metal to concrete to anything else, giving him an on the fly shield to block attacks. Against strong attacks these pieces of scrap are likely to break rapidly, so the grips can release quickly to drop the item. The grips can technically be used for other purposes, such as throwing items or attaching himself to something.
Scanners: The suit is equipped with various scanners, all linked into the heads up display. Beyond basics allowing him to scan the battlefield, foes and technology, he also has a salvaged sentinel DNA scanner, allowing him to detect variations from baseline humanity, chiefly mutants.

Other: While some people like to spend their time training physically, Leo prefers mental exercises.

Writing Sample:
For the Greater Good

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:45 pm

A power suit is fine, although they're unusually prevalent amongst the ideas I've heard. You might want to consider changing just for the sake of uniqueness, unless you're all secretly trying to make a sub-team of armored superheros.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Belwicket » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Karo wrote:Then stop whining and start writing.

I'm not whining and I'm waiting for a certain person to get on, I'm basing this char off one of my friends.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Glacier » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Karo wrote:Hisui's sheet is done on page 1 Imenak.
Glacier, Ben has been added in her history as promised. You can edit your history to reflect that if you want to.

I'll read it and make changes accordingly. Thanks Karo!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:15 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:I'm not whining and I'm waiting for a certain person to get on, I'm basing this char off one of my friends.

Interesting. Try not to rely too much on your friend's version of themself when you are writing your sheet. I believe of the reasons people around here are so reluctant to help you write a CS is that when you ask, you really just seem to be fishing for ideas, not just that but fully formed ideas that you can just throw on your sheet and call it a day. Don't know if this is true or not, but it's what I've made of things. Besides, if you fill your character with other people's ideas then it really isn't your character is it? I'm not saying you can't use others ideas as inspiration or anything far from it, but you need to put in the effort and really make it your own in the end.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing