DtF: The Road to Damnation OOC [STILL OPEN]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: DtF: The Road to Damnation OOC

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:36 pm

I am making a character. Just have to rewrite her because my computer deleted it
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Hana » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 pm

Fellguarde wrote:Out of interest, Villain, is Tragedy also still planning a character?

Hana wrote:"Magic," as Fell said, is the subject of an entirely different game

Just thought I’d bring up that this might not be entirely true. One of the demons sourcebooks notes that the creative energy demons draw out through faith and the quintessence mages use are essentially the same stuff, though the energy demons use is less tainted by the mundane world. This has lead to two school of thought among demons:

1. That mages are distant descendants of nephilim.
2. That mages are humans with some atavistic recollection of what the Host taught them during the First War.

Just something to think on for anyone who does happen to be considering applying with a mage.[/quote

Gnosis also counts as quintessence. And the purified/solidified Gnosis found at caern hearts counts as Tass. I think there are also rules somewhere to convert Chi and Quint back and forth. But nobody accuses Werewolves or Kuei-jin of being Mages. ^_~

Also, to utilize true Magick, one must have an Avatar. Demons more are Avatars than have them, according to my understanding. (It could be argued that Demons are the exact opposite of Mages. Instead of being a human with a very strong will and an Awakened essence like Mages are, Demons are instead an Awakened essence housed in the shell of a human with a very (relatively)weak will.)

Just to throw that on the debate. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Name: Gniewomira “Mira” Wiśniewska
Nationality: Polish-American
Nature: Caring
Demeanour: Old-fashioned
Virtue: Patience
Vice: Envy

Talents: Language: Polish, Empathy, Intuition, hardwork
Skills: cleaning , Language: English, cooking, nursing, crafting
Knowledges: Medicine, Studying,

Resources: Registered Nursing job, One bedroom apartment, next to no money saved, a cellphone and a Medical degree
Affiliations: RN at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Father: Lutosław - Deceased
Mother: Kazimiera - Incarcerated
BHalf-brother: Dragoslav - Sick

Faith: IIIII
Willpower: III
Biography: All good things come to those who wait. Not much good has come for Mira yet. A smart, patient girl, Mira spent more time at school than home when she could, her mother a drunk her father away on “Business trips”. Mira graduated high school, high honors, no friends, but a scholarship to medical school.
The year she graduated she found out she had a half-brother… by the police coming to her house. They told her that her mother had killed her father and would she please come pick up this small boy found at the scene? Genetics at the hospital confirmed he was her little brother. She had to protect him; Poland wasn’t the best place to raise a little boy.
She traveled across Europe and took a boat to America. She thought it fitting to do it the “right” way, no planes; Mira feared them.
When she got to America, her brother got sick, and she got a job as an RN. Two years passed and her brother getting weaker and weaker. Though recently she’s gotten a boyfriend who cares for her and Dra…
With this inauspicious beginning you’d think Mira would have lost her faith, but Mira firmly believes in the goodness of human beings.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Styx » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Looks like a lovely thing to make my return with. Huge oWoD fan personally my copy of the VtM corebook is so well used the pages have separated from the bindings but I digress. Should have a character sheet up by Sunday looking forward to this.

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:50 am

Gniewomira is in.

Glad to see interest from you, Styx. Looking forward to seeing your sheet.

On the converging power sources and stuff – Yeah, WW likes to blur lines throughout their products. The similarities between mages and demons are simply more pronounced than others (they both function by using the power of belief to warp reality). Hana sums up where the two archetypes stand pretty well with her closing statement – mages seem to possess a part of what makes demons able to manipulate the cosmos in the form of an avatar. On the other hand, while demons are more completely suited to these manipulations (hence no Paradox), they lack the actual fuel for it.

Anyhow, I’m getting ready to start the game. I want to wait for Villain, as I’d like to begin with a measure of knowledge on where the first batch of characters stand, but if he doesn’t post his sheet up soon he’ll just have to enter late and latch on to someone else’s plot hook. Recruitment will remain open once the RP begins.

Postby Akaine » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:12 am

Styx! <3 It's been a while my friend!

And yaaay! I've been dying to post in an rp for months, but I was stuck waiting for the gm's of my two respective rps. XD
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Styx » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Name: Greg "Koopa" Henderson
Nationality:American
Nature: Child
Demeanour: Caregiver
Virtue: Kindness
Vice: Lust

Talents: Empathy, Alertness, Awareness
Skills: Crafts,performance
Knowledges: Cooking, Finance, Business

Resources: 2 4 star fine dining restaraunts in other parts of the country(has partial ownership), 1 4 star restaraunt in Chicago(full ownership), Assorted
Affiliations:His restaraunt group, Wife and 3 children, His work staff
Faith: III
Willpower: IIIII

Biography:Greg started out as a child ostracized by his own peers. As he grew his interests were not things like the boys his age. His nose was often found in a book and combined with his always present green hoodie the nickname Koopa developed. Upon reaching high school Greg found his home in theater and art classes. His grades in other subjects lagged well behind his loves. He fell in love with painting and performing, He embraced the nickname Koopa as his own and began to introduce himself and refer to himself that way. Getting a job in high school at a local restaraunt he found the perfect bridge of his art and a career. Falling in love with the chaos of the kitchen he worked his way up the hard way forgoing college for a job as a line cook in one of the fancy restaraunts in his native Raleigh, North Carolina. By the time he was 21 he was running the kitchen as an executive chef his name being known across the city. When he was working there having started at 18 met his Girlfriend marrying her when he got the executive chef position using his bonus to finance the wedding and honeymoon. At 24 he helped open a few different restaraunts along the east coast. And at 26 a few months before he opened his restaraunt in Chicago with a lovely reception by the local eaters.

Postby Villain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Name: Kyle Lyneheart
Nationality: British
Nature: Bitter  
Demeanour: Arrogant  
Virtue: Dilligence
Vice: Wrath

Talents: Hard work, fast learner, crafty. 
Skills: Diagnostics, bartering,  medical treatment, cooking.
Knowledges: Medicine,

Resources: Registered diagnostic doctor, apartment, 5,000 dollar bank account, laptop, medical degree, and a car.  
Affiliations: Employee at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Father: Peter, Deceased
Mother: Kim, Alive/Estranged
Ex-Wife: Jennah Sophia, Deceased

Faith: III
Willpower: III

Biography: In most familys the dad and mom both work hard so that they can pay for day to day expenses and make sure there child has a very prominent future. But Kyle's family isn't like most families out there. Sure at the start it was all fine and dandy but at the age of 6 Kyles father died in a car crash, leaving him on the fringes of life and stuck on life support. The blow nearly left Kyle and his mother hollow shells of there former selves, but fate had more work for them. Without the aid of her husband Kyle's mother found making ends meet nearly impossible each month, the medical bill of keeping there father alive didn't help at all, and soon Kyle himself was working aswell. But it was in vain, for soon they had to sell there house and a majority of there possessions to move to a smaller house in the city. Eventually his mother threw up her hands and said "SCREW IT" and pulled the plug on her husband.

Hatred is to small and less of a word to describe how Kyle felt towards his mother. The idea that she could kill his dad without his consent was unimaginable, how could that bitch rip away the one small fragment of hope he had left? After that day they grew increasingly distant, until they were little more then two strangers living in one area. Kyle's time in school wasn't much better, as he slinked into the back of the room normally. Staying away from other people, he only had one friend, a girl who he told all of his problems and thoughts to. He was normally at the top of the class but always made sure that it was never really indicated at, normally asking the teacher to not give him anything special or single him out. Normally in fear of what tends to happen to smart kids that are singled out.

With school over he quickly moved away from his mother and into an apartment with his friend. With a medical degree he went to college and swiftly became a nurse at a local hospital. Times were good, things were looking up, and he thought that he would finally be able to live a normal life. The feelings between him and his friend obviously heated up and soon they were inlove and after that engaged. Only three weeks from the marriage disaster struck, as the love of his life was infected with Measles and soon died afterwords. It was the loss of his father all over again, leaving him the same bitter and spiteful mess he was before. Needing to fill the hole in his life he met with a Nurse in the hospital in an attempt to heal his wounds if only temporary.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Curley Whirly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm

I am greatly hoping this Roleplay is still in operation and open to participants, please tell me it is so.

Postby Akaine » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

I believe it is :3
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Styx » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Hoorah I am excited

Postby Fellguarde » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Greg Henderson and Kyle Lyneheart have both been accepted.

And the RP is still open to new applicants (and will remain open for some time).

I'm going to be posting up the IC thread in about three or four minutes.

Postby Akaine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm

As soon as I saw that this rp was open, I just yelled "YEAYUUUUH!" and my cat got so startled, I had to apologize for disturbing the peace XD

:squee:
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Re: DtF: The Road to Damnation OOC [STILL OPEN]

Postby Curley Whirly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Let the RP Skeleton creation... COMMENCE!!!

Postby Curley Whirly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Name: Nathaniel Hale III
Nationality: British/American Dual Citizenship
Nature: Honor-Bound
Demeanour: Loyal to the Grave
Virtue: Trustworthiness
Vice: Pride

Talents: Tinkering, Eidetic (photographic) memory, Patience
Skills: Smooth Talker, Good Aim, Steady Hands
Knowledges: Alchemy, Natural Philosophy, and Mechanics

Resources: Car Repair shop near Gateway Park, just by the Navy Pier; Some holdings left in Bristol where his family lived; fleeting bank account

Affiliations: Father - Nathaniel/Deceased
Mother - Victoria/Alive, living in Bristol, 71 years of age
Wife - Maya/Deceased
Daughter - Veronica/Deceased
Old Friend in England - Terrance Walpole/Looking after his mother in Bristol

Faith: II
Willpower: IIIIII

Biography: Nathaniel Hale III has lived in America for 22 years. His parents first moved from England to the U.S. when he was nine, fleeing some debt issues with their own parents. Nathaniel's life in America was rather normal, if a bit lonely. He grew up in the Chicago area near the shore of Lake Michigan, basically living the life of a hermit in his seminary, studying a variety of fields ranging from history to ancient religions to lost art like alchemy. Growing up groomed to be a priest and a saint, Nathaniel found himself feeling burnt out on the seminary. He quit the school as soon as he finished his studies and started traveling the world, visiting religious centers in several foreign countries and areas such as India and the Middle East, learning as much of their culture as he could. It was in Israel that Nathaniel met the woman who was to be his wife, Maya. They married after Nathaniel courted her for three years, and he brought her back to the States, buying a house near his old seminary in Chicago. To pay the mounting bills, Hale was able to go back to school and earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering, opening a Automobile Repair shop near Gateway Park, just off the Navy Pier. Life went on for a while, with Nathaniel slowly saving up money from his business, setting it aside in an offshore bank account regulated by a friend from London. At the age of twenty-seven, Nathaniel was robbed at gunpoint, instilling in him a need to learn self-defence. He was quickly able to obtain a .44 Magnum, a Dirty Harry gun, from a friend in the UK and he quickly applied himself to learning the art of gunplay. Hale keeps the gun strapped under his front desk in the shop and he is an excellent shot. Soon, however, the object of Hale's pure joy was the growing baby in Maya's belly. For the next nine months, Hale and Maya obsessed over their baby's progress, getting weekly ultrasounds. This could be foreshadowing of the terrible fate this baby was going to receive. Doctor's informed Maya and Nathaniel soon after the baby girl's birth that she had a rare genetic disease called Zellweger Syndrome. The baby, who they named Veronica, died from respiratory distress at the age of six months. The added stress of childbirth and such a traumatizing event proved too much for Maya's mind to handle, and she slowly slipped away mentally before dying in a mental health facility in the inner city. Hale was crushed utterly, turning back to religion, looking for some sort of respite. He himself has started to strain his mind, wracked by grief, continuously reliving his daughter's death as well as the worst moments of Maya's decline. It is in this state that Hale currently resides, thirty-one and nearly broken.
Last edited by Curley Whirly on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Curley Whirly » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Hallooooo?

Postby Hana » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Patience.

It is a Virtue. *snicker*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Curley Whirly » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, I just came back to delete that post. Not a good first impression, y'know? Kinda arrogant on my part.

Postby Fellguarde » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Gahahaha.

Don’t worry, Curley. You’re accepted. I was just waiting to see if you had a CS extension in the works.

Postby Hana » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm working on a post. It may take me until tomorrow to finish writing it, though.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Akaine » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Yay! More people :D
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Blackfire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey guys I finally got time to be on the forum after doing so many papers. I decide to not join Dtf because at my collage they have a gamer guild that play all tpye of game (WOD,rpg, etc).

Postby Curley Whirly » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 pm

May I write my introductory post then please?

Postby Fellguarde » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 am

Yes, of course. Go right ahead.

No prob, Blackfire.

Postby Curley Whirly » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Goodness, sorry it took so long for me to make that post. I suddenly got swamped for the weekend.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing