DtF: The Road to Damnation OOC [STILL OPEN]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: DtF: The Road to Damnation OOC

Postby Belwicket » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Question: what weapons will be available?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Villain » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, what weapons are avaliable in the real world for the type of character your making?

There's your answer.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Alright, well, I could list the weapons I myself could get, though some of you may not be able to get them. Also, are witches allowed? Not like the evil witches from movies, more like everyday people that have been trained in magick, whether it is by a stronger witch or themselves.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:54 am

My_Little_Sister wrote:Question: what weapons will be available?

What Villain said. Highly connected or experienced characters with ties to a religious institution of some kind may have a blessed item, but this is an incredibly rare occurrence. Most people just have to make do with the kinds of weapons that you can either buy or homebrew

My_Little_Sister wrote:Also, are witches allowed?

No. The closest thing to a ‘witch’ that would be allowed is an occultist or a wiccan or something of that like that has an understanding of some of the incantations and rituals mentioned in the Exorcism section.

Also, Carl Nelson and Mia Gallo have been accepted.

Azucena Garcia seems interesting so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished sheet.

Postby Akaine » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:08 pm

:squee:

:3
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Belwicket » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Fellguarde, there's 2 types of wiccans: witches who practice magick and, for lack of a better term, herbalists who deal more with plants. I would know, I'm a witch.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Akaine » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 pm

What I think Fell's trying to say is that this rp will be taking a more realistic view on wiccans and their actual powers. Some believe that their magic works, while others think it's more wishful thinking.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Belwicket » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 pm

I've seen it work, just not the way most of you think it works.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Akaine is pretty much correct. There are certain incantations and such that do work and can be learned by anybody (again, the Exorcism section has info on that stuff), but real witches with real magic of their own are the subject of Mage: The Ascension, not Demon: The Fallen.

And while I’m relatively open to the idea of a player taking the role of the ‘turd in the sandwich’ mage or imbued hunter, the player in question would have to have a pretty good working knowledge of the WoD setting – or at least of what they’re playing. They’d also have to be someone I trust, because, frankly, mages can be absolutely balls to the walls ridiculous (though, being immune to mind control, difficult to target with illusions, and often resistant or immune to certain types of energy based attacks, demons are in a way their natural counterforce).

Postby Belwicket » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Alright, I may join but the chance is low since the only magic really is demons. If you had something to combat them, like angels or witches, I think you might be able to get more people to join.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:17 am

MLS, Demons are angels, albeit fallen ones.

"Magic," as Fell said, is the subject of an entirely different game, that being Mage: the Ascension. Demon: the Fallen is an actual tabletop rpg written and published by a company, and there are numerous other games in the same world setting, including Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Vampire: the Masquerade, Changeling: the Dreaming, and Wraith: the Oblivion. Sadly, the setting was ended and supplements are no longer being made.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Villain » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 am

So, there's no where I can get copies of them?
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Hana » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 am

I think you can get PDFs from DriveThruRPG.com

Or you could always have someone who has them give them to you, but...*cough* I totally don't condone *cough* piracy, *cough* so you'd have to discuss that with *cough* someone *cough* privately through PMs.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Fellguarde » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Eh, it’s not really piracy, since they’re not on sale anymore so nobody’s losing any money.

My_Little_Sister wrote:If you had something to combat them, like angels or witches, I think you might be able to get more people to join.

To clarify – demons are not necessarily pure evil, and even those who are nasty aren’t always on the same side (often, it’s more likely that they’d have even more reason to mess each other up). Also, demons are not horrifically overpowered; two or three humans with the right range of knowledge, proper equipment, and some forethought can pose quite a threat to a demon. Hell, it’s not unheard of for one highly tenacious and skilled hunter to take down a demon alone (though it doesn’t happen very often).

Postby Belwicket » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 am

Alright, I understand, but not everyone wants to be a human or a demon. I'll leave now before I turn this debate into an argument by accident.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Elend-X » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:22 am

Name: Gerard Ernest Killin, Ph.D
Nationality: English
Nature: Conflicted
Demeanour: Prudent
Virtue: Charity/Humility
Vice: Pride

Talents: Expression, Intuition, Empathy, Streetwise, Memory
Skills: Etiquette, Performance, Drawing
Knowledge: Religion, Linguistics, Occult, History

Resources: He has some estate in London in his name, some remaining funds in his bank as well as some business stocks in the family business that his brother inherited.
Affiliations: He still keeps in touch with priests in his vicinity and in the close by monastery, especially with his friends, Brother Antonio, Brother Theodore and Brother Gregory who took over his position. He also had several ties with the Vatican although they were long since severed. He is also in contact with his brother every now and then.

Faith: I I I I
Willpower: I I I I

Biography: Gerard came from a wealthy family in London, as a youngster he was fascinated with the mysteries of history and the occult reading and learning more about both topics but with caution so as to separate the two. It was his love for these topics that drove him to study History and Linguistics. He thrived in his department managing to get his degree on both fields. After finishing his degrees he stayed at the university researching religion and ancient texts. He became infatuated with the Christian Religion and soon after his mother’s death he decided to join the Catholic Church. Many were disappointed to see him go but he followed his heart and faith.

He spent much time as cleric, getting connected with everyone in the Catholic Church and slowly learning more and more of the secrets of the Vatican. He continued his studies into the catholic religion while at the same time helping people in their spiritual quest. He was a man that was both a scholar and a priest and this combination brought both conflict in his life but also a new conviction and belief in God.

Then there was Elena. It was a day like any other and Gerard came into the confession’s room. She told him her story. She was strained to move through her career by sacrificing her body and soul, she became the whore of her ballet class. Her parents had disowned her and she had no friends and no person for her to come back to. He offered her guidance and she came back each day telling him more and they conversed for matters more and more abstract. Their relationship was misinterpreted and later he was stripped of his rights as clerk by the Vatican. It was around that time that his father passed on as well.

After being kicked out by the Vatican, Gerard kept studying in his subjects of religion and linguistics. He got his Ph.D. and travelled both as a priest and a professor to educate the uneducated masses. He came across many evil people and witnessed both the good and the bad of humanity. He never stopped believing in God. He always tried to teach and bring people to the right way.

Postby Fellguarde » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Gerard Ernest Killin has been accepted.

Postby Fellguarde » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Okay, so, once Blackfire’s character is done with we’ll have a healthy number of players onboard.

Could anyone considering joining or currently in the process of making a sheet give me a quick heads up? It would help to know many people I may have to wait on, as well as how many I should tailor the first chapter of the RP to.

Postby Akaine » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Yay :D
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Villain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Almost done making a character Fell.

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:43 am

Out of interest, Villain, is Tragedy also still planning a character?

Hana wrote:"Magic," as Fell said, is the subject of an entirely different game

Just thought I’d bring up that this might not be entirely true. One of the demons sourcebooks notes that the creative energy demons draw out through faith and the quintessence mages use are essentially the same stuff, though the energy demons use is less tainted by the mundane world. This has lead to two school of thought among demons:

1. That mages are distant descendants of nephilim.
2. That mages are humans with some atavistic recollection of what the Host taught them during the First War.

Just something to think on for anyone who does happen to be considering applying with a mage.

Postby Villain » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:50 am

I'm pretty sure she still is.

So, where demons draw Faith from Mages draw magic from? Does that mean a Mage would have a Faith score higher then 5? And be able to reach the same maximum amount of faith as a Demon?

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Mages generally have high faith scores, somewhere in the region of 4-5, but they have a separate category for the amount of quintessence they can store and use.

Also, understand, demons do not draw faith, exactly. They draw the power to manipulate Creation from faith. Mages are much the same – there is something about a mage’s power to believe that makes them capable of warping reality. What it is that exactly that makes a mage’s belief in their own worldview so powerful is a mystery, but there are many theories, the two in my above post among them.

Postby Blackfire » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Sadly I can't join this game. I have to clean and buy stuff to get ready to leave for collage Friday.

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 pm

It’s cool, Blackfire. I pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth for my first year of uni.

Who knows, maybe the RP’ll still be open when you’ve managed to find your pace. I tend not to close these things for quite a while.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing