Zeus' Return OOC (Quite obviously open)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Zeus' Return OOC (Quite obviously open)

Postby Tartaurus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Decades have passed since the fall of Rome and Ancient Greece, and with it the loss of worship in the Greek gods. Without worship, the gods grew weak, and died. All except for the mightiest of them, Zeus.

But even he grew weak, and fell into a wakeless slumber.

Then, came the dawn of public education, and with it came masses of people with knowledge of the legends of those gods. Though far from the worship he required, this mass knowledge was enough to rouse Zeus from his slumber. Awoken to a strange new world, where even his mighty thunderbolt seemed to have been tamed by mankind, he knew he had his work cut out for him if he was to restore mankinds worship. However, he could not accomplish this task alone. And he was the only god to survive. So the answer was simple.

He needed to create new gods.

Ones to replace those that were lost. So he looked to the mortals, to find specimens worthy of godhood. Humans who held within them the attributes necessary to become a god of one kind or another. He found a surprising number of possiblities. He visited each of these gifted humans and, with his limited powers, gifted them the seed of godhood. A seed which, if nurtured and fed praise, would continue to feed them power until they became gods!

Through supernatural acts, good or evil; Acts that leave mankind wondering "Is there something more out there?", you will gain praise, and with praise comes new abilities and strength. The goal is to bloom your godseed, in otherworld gain full godhood through great acts and attain a seat with Zeus in Olympus!

Character Sheet/

Name: (Self explanitory. it's a present timeline the only magic existing is the Godseeds like yourself)

Age: (Try to be... rather young, late teens early twenties so that you have room to learn and grow)

Appearance: (Picture preferred... but if you cant just be descriptive)

Personality: (Your quirks, a little look into your past. and namely the personality traits that would make you fit into the role of the god you will become)

Godseed: (Name the god you wish to eventually become. You can put the original god's name, or just the title) {NOTE: People can have the same godseed, but it means they will eventually have to fight eachother}

Powers: (I will be giving out the powers to keep things fair. You'll start out with something simple, but unnatural enough to work, then as you do godly acts of note I will deliver new powers.)

---------------------------------------

You are allowed, nay, encouraged to work together with other godseeds if you so desire. And one Godseed can always sense another, it's a sort of tingly sensation.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Re: Zeus' Return OOC (Quite obviously open)

Postby Regalus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm curious; are we replacing the gods spot by spot or are becoming new ones?

Let me elaborate; are we just picking up the portfolios of the old gods or are we making our own? Example: WHen my god seed blooms; do I become the new Ares, as in the god of War and Conflict, or could I become a new types of god. Say the God of the Sun AND War; while someone else could become the Goddess of the Moon and Wisdom, as opposed to just replacing Artemis or Athena.

Postby Tartaurus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:51 pm

More picking up the portfolio of the old gods. Though you are welcome to come up with an original godhood, though try to specialize to one type (i.e. war, music, love and so on) Secondary things may be unlocked later on.

Reasonable?

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Fummoffu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Yush. Reserved.
"Haha"
Buy Gold
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 pm

ACCEPTED. >:3

Character Sheet

Name: Terrence Crowley, often referred to with the name 'Irish' by his colleagues.

Appearance:
Standing at an intimidating height of 6'2 with a slim figure, the only other thing that would be able to scare people to submission more efficiently would be his cold, piercing gray-colored eyes. His hair is fully black, very short and worn to the skull. It used to be much longer, but he shaved it off a few years ago because he claimed it was getting annoying and shorter hair was easier to take care of. He has a slightly hooked nose and the wrinkles on his forehead easily show with the smallest movement of the eyebrows.

His clothing is simple to say the least, consisting of a leather jacket of a dark color, dark trousers, leather shoes and a shirt, jumper or sweater on the inside. Crowley prefers to have his shield clipped on his belt and often has his gun holstered to the back of his right side.

Personality:
Crowley can be best described by his colleagues as stoic. Whenever he is working, his cold interrogations shows as much pity as his gun when on duty. He also has a habit of drinking to relax himself and his high tolerance to alcohol makes him tough to beat whenever everyone decides to celebrate during St. Patrick's Day. Despite having worked years for the Metropolitan and many other places, until he reached his rank as Detective Sergeant today, his life is still a mystery to those who know him.

He has a hobby and a green thumb especially for Poppy flowers, which never fail to bloom colorfully in his good care. A neighbor of his always calls for his help whenever he needs it at the little florist shop nearby. Unknown to anyone, Crowley also has a good interest in the field of insects and botany. He had wanted to take this interest further in studies in the past, but everything changed when his brother was involved in a car accident which has left him in a wakeless sleep ever since. The dedication and comforting words of a policeman helped him and his family through the difficult time and he was inspired by the man's influence.

Godseed: Thanatos, Daemon personification of Death in Greek mythology.

Powers:
    Low-level Ghost Minion: The spirit of an average young gentleman who can act as a scout and decoy. At this level, he possesses no ability to affect the mortal world other that causing a lowering of temperature.

Theme Song: Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster
Last edited by Musicmac on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Elend-X » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 am

Interested in this one, might join if I have a good idea

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:51 pm

I HAVE THE MOST PERFECT IDEA FOR THIS

Name: Lucianna Merrett

Appearance: Like this, only older and with modern clothes, and without the wings. Stands at around 5'2", slim build. Likes to wear bright colours and tops with long sleeves that flare out at the end, jeans, and casual shoes that are good for running in.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/020/6/4/Iris_by_teh_scraps.jpg

Personality:
Lucianna has a warm, friendly, cheerful personallity and is very much a 'people' person. Someone who is easy to talk to and is a welcoming face. She's good at breaking the ice with strangers and brightening up a room with her presence. She is also a very understanding, non-confrontational, reliable person who prefers to get along with everyone, and does not like to take sides in any argument. As a result, she often finds herself stuck in the middle of her friends' and family's conflicts, consoling both sides and often being the one that has to pass messages from one side to the other. She tends to be the friend who everyone happens to confide in, and Lucianna is someone who can be relied on not to break that trust. If she makes a promise, Lucianna keeps to it, and she expects others to do the same. When facing conflict herself, Lucianna prefers to talk things over and use communication to break down barriers, rather than resorting to violence, and she'll often encourage others to do the same. However, she tends to be very naive and is certainly not the strongest of people.

Lucianna loves bright colours and beautiful sights; things that make her smile. As a student she is a person who is always looking to the future and expanding her horizons. Lucianna also has plenty of work experience and is exceptionally good at running errands for people and relaying information. She is a quick, on-the-ball student, not only with her mind, but also physically for her size, she's pretty quick.
She also absolutely loves travelling, and dreams of being able to travel the world. In fact she's currently taking a gap year in order to do a bit of travelling.

Lucianna grew up in a reasonably well-off family in Kent, England, and has had a good education. Despite wanting to get out and travel, she has good relations with her family. Family and friends are important to her. She keeps in regular contact with her father and her mother, even though they have long since divorced and live far apart. She is also on good terms with her older sister, Natasha, despite the fact that Natasha has fallen out with the rest of the family.

Godseed: Iris (Goddess of the Rainbow, the messenger of Olympus along with Hermes.)

Powers:
Solid light: You are capable of turning direct light, such as that from a lamp, flashlight, and so on, solid. Currently it becomes as strong as thick glass. Enough to support a human.

Theme: “She’s like a rainbow” – The Rolling Stones
Last edited by Doctress Who on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Must not make jokes about Iris being your characters godseed

Question, just how crazy can we go with our appearances?
Mephobiac

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Asmodai wrote:Must not make jokes about Iris being your characters godseed
Inb4IrisEntersthethread
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Tartaurus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Question, just how crazy can we go with our appearances?

Keep it human. Inhuman physical attributes will come with level But I mean, I suppose some people upon leaning the may become greek gods would dress kinda... off. but thats a matter of personal preference.

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Ah, I was wondering about that.
I shall make a note that my character doesn't have wings then...
Time Lady

Postby Iris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Doctress Who wrote:
Inb4IrisEntersthethread

*eyes Doc with curiosity*
Any way I'll be working on a CS tomorrow after work... or maybe before... maybe both. The point is, I'm working on it.

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:56 pm

WIP
Name: Adeline Guitard

Appearance: Adeline stands at about 5'6" but usually wears heels to make her a bit taller (making someone look up to you in the business world is a handy trick). She has pale skin, showing off her long late night hours, that is completely smooth. Her eyes have a brown color edging against black, giving her a piercing stare that little can oppose. Raven black hair that ends about halfway her back, although she usually wears it in a bun, with a single tactfully placed lock of hair hanging out. She has a pretty slender build, mostly because she has a hometrainer in her office she often uses when she has the time (sometimes even during calls).

As one of the most prominent woman of France she has access to the finest of cloths and she prides herself in wearing only the best money can offer. First impressions can only be made once, so it's important that this is a good one. She's most comfortable in her custom tailored pinstripe suit, but can be seen wearing all kinda of clothing. It depends on the situation. But whatever the situation, you can assume it's more expensive than you could possibly imagine.

Interesting point: Even though she doesn't need it, she wears glasses. When asked, she'll just say it makes the person she's talking to focus on the eyes more. These glasses are slim but has a thick frame.

Personality: Adeline is a business woman, once she set her eyes on a goal, she will do anything in her power to get to that goal. Prefers not to be caught in the middle of any situation, preferring to stand on the sideline and work with whatever will work in her advantage. She's a CEO of the MTV network in France, which really isn't as much fun as you think it might be. Long arduous hours, whining celebrities and at least seven departments she has to manage. It leaves little room for a private life.
Her business partners might call her stoic, a trade they often admire in her. But when she's around people who she has no business with -- mind you, there are only so few of those -- she's a much more warmer person. Even capable of showing real care.

Godseed: Persephone, queen of the underworld

Powers: Soul binding: You have the ability to bind a soul to an inanimate object. Currently only small objects like, say.... a doll, and you cannot choose the soul.
Last edited by Asmodai on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mephobiac

Postby Tartaurus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Persephone eh? So um, what aspect of her, so I know the type of powers to give. She was queen of the underworld but does that mean you want hades like powers? She was also a goddess of vegetation, so there's that.

Postby Musicmac » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Terrence is completed. :D
He's one of the most simplest characters I've ever made, so I'm hoping it gets accepted.
Listen.

Postby Tartaurus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 am

Musicmac, you are accepted. The mighty Zeus bestows upon you the godseed of Thanatos. Your begining power is as such.

Low level ghost peon: The spirit of an average young gentleman who can act as a scout and decoy. At this level he posesses no ability to effect the mortal world other that causing a lowering of temperature. This will change as you grow stronger.

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:35 am

Name: Lieutenant Daniel Hall

Appearance: See here.

Daniel stands at 5'9" and 170 lbs. He is muscular, but walks with a slight limp with his left leg. His body is covered in scars from various bullet holes and his face is scarred from fire. He is generally armed with a pistol. His left middle finger is missing.

Personality: Daniel is hot-blooded and reckless. He is not the brightest, but he makes up for it in sheer persistence. He looks out for those around him, but doesn't always realize that he is the reason they end up in the situations they are in. He doesn't take kind to authority well, and can be very stubborn. Those around him would describe him as arrogant, but kind and just a little off his rocker at times. A brave warrior, with the reckless abandon of a lost age. He is also a very passionate man, and indulges in affairs quite frequently.

He is a Lieutenant in the British SAS and has completed a tour of duty. His reckless attitude has prevented him from advancing further up the ranks as his actions have put those under his command in danger, however he always seems to pull them through even in the toughest of situations. On two occasions, he disregarded orders. On both occasions he was reprimanded, but only slightly so, as his thinking in the battlefield saved many lives. Those above him in the chain of command call him a Cowboy and a loose cannon, but some of those below him tend to idolize him for the amazing things he has done. Single handedly charging a tank, while brave is incredibly stupid, but somehow he managed to walk away from it (with less blood and a bit more lead than wanted, and limping, don't forget the limp). Once while in the line of duty, he was captured, instead of giving them any information he flipped off his captors and told them, "Go Fuck Yourselves." They did not like this and decided to take the finger. Moments later, his men ambushed the group of captures and freed their leader.

After he returned, he entered into an affair with a married woman. One night while they were int he middle of breaking her vows, her husband came home. The man, much larger than Daniel, hoisted him up and tossed him across the room. he landed partially in the fireplace and his face became severely burned by it.

Godseed: Ares, God of Warfare and Manly Virtues

Powers: Regenerating ammunition: While fighting, if you manage to find cover and focus on your weapon, your ammunition will replenish. Higher caliber = longer time required.
Last edited by counterfeitself on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Tartaurus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am

Counterfeitself, you are accepted. The mighty Zeus bestows upon you the godseed of Ares. Your begining power is as such.

Regenerating ammunition: While fighting, if you manage to find cover and focus on your weapon, your ammunition will replenish. Higher caliber = longer time required.
Last edited by Tartaurus on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:45 am

yesssss
Daniel Hall lives again. It has been a while since I've played Daniel, but he is one of the most enjoyable characters I've ever played. Oh wait I forgot to put in there that he is missing his middle finger from when he was captured. Oh well. I can edit that in. Small edit on the CS, nothing too important, just a smidge more back story and a little on the appearance.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 am

I was gunning towards a minion like system ala The Darkness
Let her start out with a single mischievous little runt and expand numbers and strength over time

But if that aint okay, vegetation sounds fun as well (is thinking of Amalia)
Mephobiac

Postby DaCrum » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 am

I perhaps might join this RP.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Tartaurus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 am

Asmodai wrote:I was gunning towards a minion like system ala The Darkness
Let her start out with a single mischievous little runt and expand numbers and strength over time

But if that aint okay, vegetation sounds fun as well (is thinking of Amalia)

When I hear minion, mischivious little runt, and amalia. I can only think.... Doll. Acceptable?

Postby Musicmac » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 am

'Stitching' a corrupted soul into an inanimate object, perhaps?
Listen.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 am

Oh I do like the idea of that... Yeah, a puppet master would be fun
Mephobiac

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Iris wrote:
Doctress Who wrote:
Inb4IrisEntersthethread

*eyes Doc with curiosity*
Oh hai Iris :D

EDIT:
There, I think I'm done now.
Time Lady

Next

Return to Role Playing