Final Fantasy IC *The Beginning*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Final Fantasy IC *The Beginning*

Postby Karo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:18 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia looked over at Balthazar, frowning as he voiced his opinion of Cornelia. "Not every Cornelian is like those idiots, so you know. I'm pretty sure that paladin is just a refugee, like most everyone around here nowadays. Everyone's just a bit on edge, is all." She gave him a light smile, skipping a few paces forward, just into the treeline of the forest. "Well, I was gonna get some potions before we left, but somebody walked off in such a huff that I didn't get a chance to stop for any. I've got plenty of ethers though, and even a few elixers." Though with his announcement at not having a plan for whoever it was that was skulking around out there that she just had to laugh. "What's the point of planning when we don't know what we're gonna be going up against? It'll be easier just to all-out smash him down anyways."

There it was. The dead giveaway that she was a follower of Bahamut. Who needs planning when you have the overwhelming power of the great dragon on your side? If Aelelia had a problem with a monster, her number one and only solution was to just squish it into the ground. She didn't bother with very many techs or magic, not with her strength and speed being what they were. It used to be she only relied on her speed, but once she became an avatar, she could really pack a punch. So she couldn't really see any other plan of action that what she would normally do. It was almost stupidly simple, but it worked for her, and if it worked, why change it? So why don't we just get a move on? The forest is pretty big, after all."
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Lunpe nodded, "I have White Wind, that heals and gives us regen. That's about it. I have about 5 hi-potions and 3 Phoenix Downs, I almost used 1 earlier." Lunpe said scratching his head. "My idea is to go see what this person is able to do then confront them. For now let's see what lies ahead, like Aelelia said."
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Soul » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 pm

"I apologize, somethings I can't help myself when people treat me so poorly." Baali sighed and looked towards the Chocobo Forest, "I just had to get out of there. Maybe when we get back they'll be a little more pleasant." It was obvious that he was confident and believed that they'd be able to handled whatever was lying in wait in the forest. He looked back at his two companions and sighed. Would this motley crew be able to overcome whatever was in the forest? He certainly thought so. Balthazar turned back towards the forest and stared for a moment, as if he was trying to figure out what could possibly be living in there that could be causing so many problems. Without a word he began to head towards the forest again, not stopping until they reached the forest's edge.

"As long as we don't separate we'll be alright." He spoke without turning to look at either Lunpe or Aelelia, and without another word set off into the heart of the forest, pulling his runeblade as he walked.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 pm

*Cornelia*

The guards grabbed Ginsu and quickly secured him. They marched alongside Iria until they reached the headquarters, where they broke off to head toward the dungeons.

White mages were ready to help the paladin when she arrived. However, they weren't as powerful as even a beginning adventurer. They were limited, to the most part, to healing over time. They provided this to the avatar for her wounds. "Madam Iria, if I may ask, what were the cause of your wounds?"

*Chocobo Forest*

The forest was exceedingly peaceful. The only dangerous creature the adventurers spied was the occasional chocobo. All three of the major species, yellow, red, and black, were to be seen but they kept their distance and quickly fled if the group's path brought them too near. However, soon enough they got the feeling they were heading the right way. Then they began to see evidence of inhabitants. They found a few old campsites. Eventually, when they stopped to rest, they were approached.

A man with silver hair tied back in a ponytail and a smile entered the clearing they had stopped at. He had a rapier at his side and was wearing a very stylish, red outfit. He looked at all of them and said "And what exactly are you doing here?" It was a strange question for a man in the middle of the forest to be asking someone.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Karo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia glanced up from her seat against a tree as the stranger approached and asked what they were doing in the forest. She stood slowly and brushed off the back of her pants, looking as if she was in no real hurry. "We're trying to capture a few chocobos." She lied quickly and smoothly, there wasn't a single visible hint that might indicate that Aelelia wasn't being honest. "My friends here are trying to help me start a chocobo ranch and rental service in town, but unfortunately we couldn't find any greens to attract the chocobos with, so we're resting for a bit." She grinned over at the man, lying through her teeth with every word she spoke. "And why would such a fashionable man like yourself be out here in the forest today? There've been rumors of monsters invading our peaceful little forest around town, you know."

Her smile was warm and seemed genuine, but underneath Aelelia was watching the man carefully. She had no doubt that this man was the stranger that had the town so on edge. Coming up out of nowhere and asking what a group of people were doing out in the forest was odd to say the least, but then there was the accusing wording that the simple question had to it. She had no doubt that the man thought that the forest belong to him, after asking them 'What exactly they were doing out there.'
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 pm

*Cornelia*

Iria pressed her working hand against shoulder, helping the healers focus their energy. The shoulder would be in working order soon enough. What was more troublesome right now, was the mounting fatigue in her body. There was the usual sinking feeling in her body, as the last of the divine energies left her body. What bothered her most, however, were the gradual realization of what she had just done. She had been unmistakenly harsh towards the adventurers that had freely offered their aid. It was true, to some degree, that their status as avatars could be troublesome, but still, Iria could barely believe the hostility with which she had acted. Unsealing the gate had messed with her mind, and worse than it usually did. It was all very unsettling.

After having stood a moment in thought, she perked up and answered the question levelled at her. "Him." Iria pointed at Ginsu as they dragged him off. "I believe his name is Ginsu, and is an avatar of Ifrit. He was possesed by the Fiend of Chaos, Marilith. I am in need of Ginsu's complete history: When he joined the guard, and when and how he became an avatar, recent jobs and anything that might explain how the fiend got a hold of him."
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 pm

*Chocobo Forest*

The man responded immediately "Why, for the same reason, more or less. I'm quite a fan of the birds and I've been tracking them and taking some notes." He pulled out a notebook but kept it in his possession. "There isn't that much to do here but if you could help me catch one or two of the chocobos, I'd be willing to pay you." He seemed friendly but in a guarded way. Only the most perceptive of the group could even catch a whiff of treachery coming from the man but the smell of deceit was mixed with hatred and violence. He was obviously one not to be trifled with.

*Order Headquarters*

A guard nodded and said "It might take some time to gather such information. I suggest that you rest."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:36 pm

-Rikard, in the town-
Trodding down the street, Rikard took the time to think. What did the world need? It was a question that had occupied his thoughts much recently. As the Avatar of the Phoenix, and a heroic gentleman besides, it was his job, his duty, to work and restore the world. Even if it must happen bit by bit, he must see it done. To that end, he'd been inquiring around town for a while now. The Chocobo Forest had been made by someone, something caused it to spring into existence, and someone in town had to know how. After much searching, a man finally pointed him in the right direction. A strange shop that never stayed put, moving around town.

Heading out tonight with a good feeling, it so far had been an interesting day, stopping to help those others fight a demon. A good day so far, with the town saved. Still, parting with them he had a task to get to. With a vague set of directions he'd managed this far, and he was sure he was close to it. Rikard could feel it. Suddenly, it very nearly passed him, until he turned and gave the store a second look. Glancing over the enterance, he was quite sure he'd found it. Positive even. With a confident grin, he adjusted his hat and walked over, pushing the door open slowly as he made his way inside to look around.
For the Greater Good

Postby Karo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia smiled as the man spoke. "I guess I have a bit of a rival then. So it looks as if I can't help ypu." She winked at him, then looked around the forest a bit. "Would you happen to know anything about the stranger out here that everyone it talking about? They say he travels with monsters. Honestly, I was hoping to catch a glimpse of him, so that I could brag to my friends back in town. They're all too scared to leave Cornelia after all that's happened. I guess I can't blame them, but I figure the only way we can rebuild is by seeing the extent of the damage done, you know?" She smiled at the man again, waiting to see if the stranger would reveal any information.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:43 pm

*Town*

Actually, what Rikard pushed open was a flap... wasn't it? No, he was sure he had pushed open a door but when he entered, a flap is what closed behind him. And what he was in was definitely a tent but from the outside, it had equally had been a normal building. Anyway, he got the feeling that if he went outside to check, he'd come back to find an empty building.

The tent or whatever it was was full of junk. It had been piled to the side and a path led to the back where there was a table and a man. The man was completely shrouded in a tattered brown cloak. A single eye peered out from beneath a hood. "Welcome to my humble store, sir." The table displayed three strange items: a silver spoon, a miniature soldier, and a fist-sized piece of obsidian. "I sell only one per customer and never bore people by showing them the same selection twice." Each item had a price by it. It was ridiculously low. An apple cost more than all three items put together.

*Forest*

The man smiled back but shook his head "I'm sorry but I've yet to see anyone but myself and that was at a pool of water. Of course, there is a clear answer to the question posed but it would be incredibly rude to simply assume that a traveler is a danger to others, isn't it?"

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:34 am

*Cornelia*

"Thank you, I will." Iria replied in earnest to the guard. She saluted, turned a hundred and eighty degrees , and promptly left the building.

It took a while, but she managed to drag herself over to the local headquarters Order of the Cleansing Light on the other side of town. A big stone building, about the size of a church, and looking much like one, with a big, bronze symbol of Alexanders holy blade hanging on the front wall, Iria was now it's sole occupant. Somewhat far from the Order's center of power, this place was fashioned primarily as a military outpost, with plenty of lodgings, a war room, a small library and a dining hall. It was not a luxurious place to live, but still contained a good amount of silk drapes, golden figures and other iconography dedicated to the god. The space seemed wast when there was only a single person there.

Iria found her usual bunk and plombed down upon it. She stared into the empty ceiling while meticulously undoing the armor and all it's leather straps and knots. She could not let go of the thought of the adventurers that had assisted her, and what she should do about them. This many avatars in close proximity was dangerous, she was sure of that, but foremost on her mind was that she needed to apologize. They had only pure intentions, jumping into the fray like that, that much was definitely true. Another wave of fatigue washed over her, and Iria fell asleep, still wearing her metal bracers.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Previous

Return to Role Playing