Zeus' Return OOC (Quite obviously open)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Zeus' Return OOC (Quite obviously open)

Postby Keiran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Harpocrates- God of Childhood and Silence/Secrecy, a mute teen with childlike innocence... interesting.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Trag will get the divine power to make the best sandwich in the history of mankind

NOW MAKE ME THAT SANDWICH!
Mephobiac

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Asmo I love you I can't stop laughing
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:09 pm

What I wanted to hear was "Here's your sandwich."

So get cracking!
Mephobiac

Postby Garethcool » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Asmo, tehre seems to be an error in your sig. That's what FPS players would do. MMORPG players would claim the light is OP and bitch until God nerfs it.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Hah, so true!
Mephobiac

Postby Fummoffu » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

sam4books wrote:Here's a preview for you guys :3

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqnq ... o1_500.jpg

She's a bartender ;D

Wow! So that's what you were working on :D
Did you draw her on pc from scratch?
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Yeah :D

Almost done too.

I have managed to create yet another novella <<

And here's some of my research.

Apparently bartenders make a lot of money.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Yup. Novella.

Name: Celestial (Celeste) Jewel Elizabeth DeJac
"The one and only bitches."

"Yup, female."

Appearance:

Personality:
"Ah....fuck."

Celestial Jewel (or just Celeste for all you lazy people) was generally raised in a Catholic family, although she takes offense whenever people mention it to her. She can be described in plainest terms as a rebel, someone who chooses not to fit into any set of society's rules, and to be honest, doesn't want to. Her parents had hoped she would live a respectable life, go to college and earn a degree, that sort of thing as oppose to bar tending and performing on Friday nights. Celeste's dream was to become a rock star, the sort of person who traveled from place to place in a broken down trailer. So far, things haven't worked out that well for her, but she does manage. To most people her reckless attitude comes off as strange, almost worrisome.

Two years of depression changed her entire outlook on the life that her parents tried to raise her in, where you had to be perfect and "Miss Goodie Two Shoes". While all of the other girls went to parties and got in the pants of over a dozen men she stayed at home working on school work or writing poetry and lyrics to songs that would never make it on radio stations across the country. In an effort to make some friends, she joined silly little clubs like the Poetry Club, shying away from her Catholic School's Bible studies on a part of general disinterest. What was the point anyways? Obviously God was taking a backstage to this entire life business. "There is no God". Or so she had thought.

Her only friends in high school were a bunch of outcasts who dyed their hair in vibrant outlandish colors, pierced their eyebrows and nose, and listened to screamo in the dead of the night. Some of them discussed their own problems with her; a parent's divorce, domestic abuse, and abandonment issues. Some of the issues were also rather silly, such as a failed relationship. But she listened to them, they were the only company she had and she loved them. Eventually she branched out to different crowds of outcasts. Instead of coming home she hanged out with skaters at the park, skipping out on school with them and bringing her freak friends with her. Some of them had some connections and would bring cigarettes for them to "experiment" with as well as beer. The feeling of losing your mind felt wonderful to her, the feeling that you get when it didn't matter whether or not you did everything right. You could just let yourself loose. At the age of 15 she tried her first smoke. A few months later she became a regular mess.

However, she could feel her depression growing worse. At nights she rarely came home sober, with her parents demanding where she had gone. Once or twice she grabbed the kitchen knife whenever her parents weren't home, tempted to just stab herself in the throat. The case of this was simple, for it seemed like her large group was dwindling by the day. Everyone would either be committed to a hospital, forced to go through therapy, or moved away. One girl even had herself killed, Celeste couldn't even tell you the case of her death if you asked her. Some days she wondered whether she was next.

In the summer of her Junior year, at the age of sixteen, Celeste ran away, determined to escape her family's never ending influence, and the troubles at her school. She bought a bus pass that would last her a month with what money she had from her allowance. Almost automatically she found herself lost, wandering through the streets of San Francisco, thinking that her dreams of reaching Hollywood were close to hopeless. Broke and with nowhere to go, she stopped at an inn, begging for a place to stay. The inn's manager allowed her a room, as long as she would do work to pay for it. She hastily agreed, and started work right away, serving whoever stayed for the night dinner and drinks. It was there she became interested in the career as a bartender, watching some older employees wield the cup and ale like gods. It was a scene that would forever change her life. Later she would call her parents, apologizing for leaving home and making them worry. It was a very passionate conversation that was mostly yelling and screaming until both parties were nearly deaf. The next morning the devastated parents picked up their daughter and left without a word.

The shouts continued over the years. Celeste's parents attempted to forbid her from leaving the house and hanging out with her "friends". Celeste would claim that they didn't know a thing about her. She was her "own person" now, no longer "Miss Goody Two Shoes". Her home became a divided household. At night Celeste would blast loud rock music into the streets waking up neighbors. She announced to her parents that she was a bartender, a decision that was hard for them to swallow, though eventually they would come around.

Celeste started small, catering for public events such as school dances or the prom. Every day she checked cooking websites for new snacks to try out, working part time as a cashier at a grocery store. At the age of eighteen she applied for culinary school, staying in there for two years before dropping out at the age of twenty when she found that she could not afford it. For the following year she worked two jobs at different restaurants, mainly as a waitress or someone who worked at the window taking orders. There was a day or two where she would sneak into the kitchen, and try on the aprons of the kitchen staff before getting shooed off and told to mop the floor. She had her student loans on her shoulders, so she didn't have much of a living standard (it was bad enough she lived in California), and her parents had kicked her out two years ago. She might as well have lived on the streets. Her neighbor was an old drunk who would share beer with her as long as she kept on promising her a good time, but she soon grew tired of his whining and became disgusted with herself. A lot of her money was spent on cigarettes. It got bad enough where she could smoke two packs a day if she wanted to. In the purest of definitions, she was a hot mess. Spoiled, stubborn, and reckless. She didn't give a flying fuck what people thought of her. If the old drunk wasn't so disgusting, she probably would've made out with him in broad daylight just to see the look on the faces of the sun tanned "California girls". How she despised them. Often she caught herself ripping up magazines of Vouge or Seventeen. Not many people approached her, for the fear of setting off her fiery passion. For a year she surrounded herself by a bunch of drunks and middle aged men with nothing to live for.

At the age of 21 she revisited the inn she stayed at five years beforehand, finally grown sick and tired of all the old drunks. Nothing seemed to change, and the bartender was still there. She asked for a drink, lying about her age, though the manager recognized her, despite her shorter hair and highlights. She began spilling out her woes, sipping at alcohol given to her out of sympathy until she drowned in it and began weeping. It was the man who suggested that she should go to bartending school.

Her dream reignited, Celeste set off to join the National Bartending School where she found a group of people filled with a spark of life she had never seen before. It was quite unlike anything she had ever seen before. These were actual people who had the same problems as her, the same life where they felt so confused, so unwanted, so scared. She had found her new family.

Walk inside the Stardust Night Club and you would find her, "The Star in the Sky" as her customer's call her. She would listen to their problems just as she had listened to her friends all of those years ago. And she will be determined to give you the support she was never given. You might see a slight tear in her eye every now and then. Think nothing of it.

It's just seeing you smile, there might be a God out there after all.

Call her any time you need someone to provide the drinks at a party, scream with you during the superbowl, have a smoke at the park, skateboard on the neighbor's lawn, or just plain go crazy. You know where she is. As long as there's a party, she'll be there.

Just...don't blame her if you wake up with no pants on.

Godseed: Dionysus

Powers:

Thine cup runneth over: You recieve a large iron jug that is filled with neverending wine.

Theme(s):
P!nk - "Raise Your Glass" (Main)
Ke$ha - "Blow" (Secondary/Battle)
P!nk - "Fuckin' Perfect" (Sad)
Last edited by sam4books on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Garethcool » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Oh joy. Her and my bookworm are going to get along so well!

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 pm

She'll probably try to get him to loosen up a bit :3
In passing

Postby Garethcool » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Well Sam... I do believe our characters must meet and see who ends up alive, or drunk.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Five bucks Celeste'll get drunk first :D
In passing

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 pm

...Anya will be able to talk party stories with her,
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Keiran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 pm

DONE!

Name: Bao Yong

Appearance:
Bao always layers his clothing, a white or black long-sleeved t-shirt under a short sleeved brightly coloured one. Soft blue jeans and bright red sneakers cover his lower half, and he usually has a simple bright purple backpack with him.

Personality: Bao is young and naïve, even more than a teenager like him should be, mostly because he was sheltered. Adopted by a South Korean gay couple, he was homeschooled by his fathers so he would not be bullied. He was only adopted by one parent because of legal constraints. He loves freely and cares openly, but he takes a child-like delight in hurting people he doesn’t like and often takes a long time to change his opinion of people. He hates all and any mentions of homophobia and will hurt people if they make fun of gays.

Bao has been mute since birth and he is constantly carrying a small phone, made by one of his fathers. It’s not actually a phone, it’s just a screen with a keyboard underneath. He writes on it and shows people if he needs to tell them something, but he doesn’t use it often. He loves listening to people, hearing their stories, but doesn’t tell anyone. He loves thinking that he is a vault that people can use to tell their secrets to and help themselves, but then not letting anyone else know their shame.

Godseed: Harpocrates- God of Childhood and Silence/Secrecy

Powers: Evesdropping: You immediately hear any secrets told between people nearby.
Last edited by Keiran on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:...Anya will be able to talk party stories with her,

BEST FRIEND 8D
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm

GOOD GIRL, BEST FRIEND!

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 pm

...My CS is itty bitti compared to yours....

Postby sam4books » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 pm

I wouldn't worry too much.

I can't seem to write anything less xD
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Yeah, I know. It'll be fine Trag.

Postby Mike Temple » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Right, I'm working on the whole Bio thing. Not sure if I'll really have a picture, though, so bear with me.

If I really have to duke it out with someone, I'd rather it be for the spot I want, so I'll go with Ares. If that's quite alright.
Nobody gets out of here alive.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 am

You dont need a picture... but you know what they say, a picture says more than a thousand words.
Mephobiac

Postby Tartaurus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

Tradgedy and Comedy, you are accepted! The mighty Zeus bestows upon you the godseed of Hestia. Your begining power is as such.

Home is where the heart is:You can create a warm shelter from thin air.

Sam4books, you are accepted! The mighty Zeus bestows upon you the godseed of Dionysus. Your begining power is as such.

(Yours is more a tool than a power first...)
Thine cup runneth over: You recieve a large iron jug that is filled with neverending wine.

Kerian, you are accepted! The mighty Zeus bestows upon you the godseed of Harpocrates. Your begining power is as such.

Evesdropping: You immediately hear any secrets told between people nearby.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby sam4books » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Awesome. A never ending source of wine 8D
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm

I can just see Celeste getting everyone drunk. Including herself.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing