Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

Postby Geomancer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 am

*shrug* It's not great but it is acceptable. I hope you flesh him out during gameplay. Accepted.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:36 pm

The IC may be up tomorrow. However, it is more likely that it will be up Sunday.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm done. Comments?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Looks fine to me. Accepted.

GMancer

Postby Soul » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 pm

By special request from Karo.

Name: Balthazar “Baali” Valtharan

Race: Magi

Job: Dark Knight

Appearance: The young man has only recently matured and been able to use the dark magic in his bloodline. Aside from his chosen weapon his armor and clothing are very plain. A cloth tunic rests underneath a set of black painted steel chain armor, kept down from sway by leather straps that also hold light metal plates over the wrist and forearms. A studded leather belt holds up a pair of dark cloth pants. His rune blade is wrapped in a dark purple cloth scabbard held together by leather straps and pieces of metal situated at the top and bottom of the holster. His belt has various little satchels around it carrying various macabre ingredients for poisonous and dehabilitating concoctions. The young man has a light complexion with dark hair. It is held in a ponytail just long enough to reach the bottom of his neck and two strands of hair hang on either side of his face, somehow always escaping the hair tie.

Special Possessions: Runed Greatsword. Balthazar’s weapon is forged specifically for a Mage Knight. The runes carved into the weapon with a deep red dust. The arcane runes resonate with their Mage Knight and grow in power, making it useless to anyone else who would try to wear it. Mage Knights are very attached to their sword, any who would try and steal it would find the weapon’s abilities resembling that of a decorative and very dull sword, but in Balthazar’s hands it is a very deadly weapon.

Special Abilities: Balthazar is an avatar of Hades.
Unseal the Gate: Balthazar’s Strength and Magic attribute increase and his runeblade begins radiate a dark red gas that rarely adds some sort of negative status effect

Open the Gate: Baali’s strength and magic increase further and his runeblade’s chance of adding a status effect increases as does the deadliness of the effect. His armor becomes shrouded in a black robe with red embroidery around the cuffs, base and hood. The inside of the hood is covered in small plates allowing easy movement and optimal protection. His skin becomes even more clammy and death like.

Enter the Gate: Baali becomes a vision of the Lord of the Underworld, he pulls his hood up as he transforms into a skeletal avatar and his eyes burn a dark red. His runeblade now almost always inflicts a devastating status effect that can quickly lead to something’s demise.

Natural Magic: All members of the Magi race can use magic naturally without having to use Materia, drawing it from a monster, learning it from an esper, innate from a weapon and buying it from some dick in a store. Obviously because of Baali’s affiliation to Hades his magic naturally leans towards poisonous magic such as Bio, Blind, Old, Break, Doom and Death for some examples.

Mundane Reagents: Balthazar can use the various ingredients he has carried on his belt to enhance the power of his magic, either creating the initial damage more potent or increasing the chance of success on spells such as Break.

Personality: For someone who looks so sinister and most likely gives the villain impression Balthazar is actually incredibly nice. He goes out of his way to help people and please those around them. Infact it almost seems like he is completely unaware of the fact that he looks like he’d punt a small child for kicks, leaving him frequently confused when someone gives him a bad reception just for his looks. In addition to his somewhat out of place niceness Baali’s tends to be rather serious with matters concerning the safety of those around him. Unfortunately he also seems to be a very heavy drinker, often bum rushing a pub the second he gets into town.

Background: Mage Knights are taken early to be trained to use physical prowess and magic in harmony. Very few however are chosen to be avatars of the gods, and in most cases those who are candidates do not survive the process. Being an avatar of Hades Balthazar’s ceremony was incredibly dangerous and almost resulted in the boy’s death, but because of his natural talent with the magic’s used by the Lord of the Underworld he managed to survive. Injected with different poisons Balthazar was left to die in his temple as the poison coursed through his body, changing him from the bright colorful boy transformed in the clammy skinned dark haired knight that he is today. Time was slow as the poison began to eat away at him and keeping his resolve until the fatal injection ran its course. For his astounding endurance and willpower to overcome one of Hades’ more potent concoctions injected directly into Balthazar’s bloodstream, he was granted contract to the Lord of the Underworld and his traditional rune blade was finally imbued with the essence of his god. After a few months of recovering from the test Balthazar headed out into the world, his bright disposition unchanged unlike his looks. He set out from his order to do what all Magi attempted to do, keep magic in check and the people of the world safe from its destructive nature, and with the power of Hades at his command he could do just that with extreme efficiency.
Last edited by Soul on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Karo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Yay! <3
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Would you have to add Skills for your class for example Learning for a blue mage or Darkside for a Dark Knight?

also you said something about adding second characters being okay because I have one that I took much more time on. Here

Name: Celio Duran

Race: Hume

Job: Squire

Appearance: A short bright blonde hair, emerald eyed boy, Celio stands at 4’8”. Celio wears a red open jacket with a green shirt underneath, a pair of black cargo shorts, and yellow and black shoes. He has a scabbard on his back that holds a sword. He has a pale complexion and a small build. His hair is styled as a short razor cut.

Special Possessions: Holy Sword, given to him when he became a paladin-to-be.

Special Abilities: He is an Avatar of Alexander, and as such gives off a faint light. He can also use white magic easily as a result of this and has immunity to disease. His aging process is also gradually decreasing almost to a halt.
Unsealing the gate: When Celio unseals the gate he gains a bit of muscle as well as shining veins running throughout his body. His eyes become pure white and his shoulders have small bumps as well. Though his attributes increase, he mostly relies on defense and strength.

Opening the gate: Celio now has small cannons on his shoulders where the bumps were. He also gains a crown on his head of light and his skin hardens almost like armor.

Entering the gate: Celio becomes a small version of Alexander, becoming a walking hulk of metal with large angel wings protruding from the back, he also has the all powerful Holy Judgment at his disposal. He will fight to protect all he loves.

Personality: He is a cold boy because of a past experience that caused him to become an Avatar. He usually shrugs off friendship because he knows everyone must die in the end. However he does want to protect all that he can despite his low physical prowess. In a battle he will usually try to hold his own and heal where needed, he underestimates his powers and barley uses them except for healing magic.

Background: Since Celio was born he was almost always sick. He had not gotten much exorcise and was bed ridden for many years of his young life. Being bedridden he never got a chance to run and play like the other kids, or make friends. He eventually become used to his life of solitude in bed, reading books of all kinds and learning much. He didn’t think much of his life and even faked an illness when he found out that he was healthy for a little while. He couldn’t become used to it until he finally decided to go outside. He saw people running around and felt the air on his skin, the soft sound of the wind passing his ears, and the warmth of the sun. After that small amount of exposure he actually did become sick once more. If it wasn’t one thing it was another. A cold, a stomach flu, a fever, pox, you name it. He always seemed to have something. His family had spent much money trying to heal him and eventually turned towards the clergy. Anything for their son. But this could only work for so long.
Three years ago he had been diagnosed with some unknown incurable disease that would have killed him if not for Alexander. He saw the holy blade floating above him as he thought he was about to die. But the god instead told him that Celio would become an Avatar, to relive the childhood that he had missed, and to allow him to become stronger than his frail self. After obtaining a new life, Celio listened to the god’s words and got out of bed healthy as a full grown chocobo. He told his parents what had happened and how he wanted to go outside.
Celio was happy as he felt the embrace of the sun, and the cool touch of the wind. He tried to make friends but the children had heard that he had been sick most of his life. Until a young girl came up to him and tried to befriend him, her name was Emily. The two played together for a couple weeks until he found that she too had become sick with a frightening disease. She would die. Celio tried to help Emily but no one could cure her. She died peacefully in her sleep. Celio was devastated. The one person that was willing to be friends with him had died, and no one thought to help her.
After this event Celio’s personality changed from happy-go-lucky, to a cold refusing personality. He knew that everything must come to an end. He wanted desperately to keep the same thing from happening again and tried to become a paladin. But he was told that he was too young, and must become a squire first. Now he trains in holy magic and to become a great paladin, to help all in his town and the world over if needed. But something odd has occurred to him as well, his aging is coming to a gradual stop. Perhaps there are bigger plans for him in the future.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm

SOUL!!! It's great to see you. Accepted!

BoC... you don't have the necessary skills for two characters. Focus on the one, at least for now.

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 pm

k. I'll save it for now then.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Soul » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Bradao did you even bother to fully read my character's CS? He quite literally looks totally evil in practially every way, and further more there is nothing in your CS that suggests he knows anything about the Dark Knight job or anything about the Mage Knights, but only monster skills. And since Mage Knights are extremely reclusive in both their history and Balthazar's background how would he know anything about them?

So answer me this. Why exactly is your character who would be so comfortable around a character who is the avatar of the Lord of the Underworld and looks like a villain?

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 pm

A character that has lived in a town where everyone else is, studies alot, and has ulterior motives... wants to be part of something bigger... He wants to be as strong as he can be... Of course I could've waited a little.

Postby Soul » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 pm

All Magi live in one spot. No Magi go anywhere to live other than this one village. In Final Fantasy 6, or 3, they lived on the Crescent Island, and in this world I'm sure they'd be just as reclusive.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Just thought I'd make you feel special, Soul. Racism, ho!

GMancer

Postby Karo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

This is not going to end well. XP
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Well I assumed that is what Soul wanted.

GMancer

Postby Soul » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Yes, Geo, it is. Thanks.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:58 pm

If you wish not to fight, simply post one more non-fighting response.

GMancer

Postby Soul » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I dunno. I'm still kind of expecting a fight. XD

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 pm

If you want a fight... I'll happily provide.

GMancer

Postby Soul » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I didn't say I wanted a fight.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 pm

So sorry about the post. I had to do it through my phone. I'll fix it in the morning when I get to a computer.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 am

Pfft, all these knights and dark knights and what have you. You need someone with class, someone with elegance.

Name: Rikard Vyrstholm

Race: Human

Job: Red Mage

Appearance: Rikard is average sized, neither tall nor short, not skinny but lean. His hair is blonde and a bit long, although he keeps it well groomed and tied back. His face is quite clean and shaven, and Rikard is fairly handsome. He walks with a particular grace and certainty.

In dress, Rikard dresses like a standard FF red mage. A fanciful get up, primarily red with white and black lining. It doubles as armor, with leather cleverly worked into it and visible shoulder guards. A massive red cloak covers it all, right til his black boots and white gloves. It has light tracing, simple designs but with occasional iconography of feathers and fire. To top it all is, of course, the red cap with a phoenix feather on it.

Special Possessions: His sword is thin and simple, with an exceptional hilt guard. In the front pocket of his coat Rikard keeps a notebook, small, and yet with an strangely large number of pages, more than one would think could fit in it. The phoenix feather in his cap is certainly magical, an emblem of his avatar status. Although it was initially used up reviving him, it burned to ash and formed anew. It is warm to the touch, and never seems to get damaged or dirty.

Special Abilities: Rikard is multi-talented fighter: as befits his job and personality, he's mastered many skills. He's both an expert fencer, and well versed in a variety of spells, mostly from Black and White magic. He's also learned, though not perfected, Doublecast, allowing him to weave two spells into a single action.

Beyond this, however, Rikard is also the Avatar of Phoenix, the Flame of Rebirth. It's a rather recent happening, and he's still becoming used to it.
1. Unseal the gate: The air around Rikard glows slightly, a bright reddish glow. His eyes in particular take on a yellow light. All of his attributes are enhanced equally, although none spectacularly.

2. Open the gate : His face changes slightly, extending out and becoming more hawkish. The glow around him intensifies, becoming multi-colored like a rainbow, although red still predominates. Feathers sprout from the sides and back of his head, and two small wings appear on his back, giving him just a bit of flight, mostly gliding. His fire magic is improved slightly, but his healing magics greatly improves and creates a warm feeling in wounds. His spells also all improve against undead, as the phoenix's power that leeches into his spells naturally wounds them.

3. Enter the gate: His wings shift forward as his arms merge into them. His head changes into a hawk's, and clothes disappear and give way to a multitude of feathers covering his body, all red with a rainbow multitude of colors near the bottom. His feet change into talons. The glow grows and radiates heat and light. No longer able to fight with his sword, he's still able to sling magic. Taking to the air with full flight, he works best in a support role, casting offensive spells and providing intensive healing for any allies he may have. He can strike with his talons or beak, though this is often a last ditch effort.

Personality: Born a nobleman, Rikard typically acts a gentleman, kind, polite (especially to women) and calm in most situations. Well trained for social situations, he's naturally good at talking. However, as a learned man, and with a slight habit to show it, he's also drawn towards large, fanciful words and long, long speeches. He's been across the world, and he's picked up the local customs of many lands and so has some experience with the lower classes, although he still deals much better with finer folk. While some might expect him to be arrogant or haughty, he's not particularly, with a polite demeanor even if he does fancy himself more intelligent than most. Rikard has a great deal of certainty in himself, boarding of foolish, at times. Rikard is a bit of a know it all. He's learned a bit of most every subject and isn't afraid to state so. Still, he's gotten only minor mastery of most, more a jack-of-all trades, like his fighting style. He's recently come to the conclusion that this is a problem and now forced to stay in one spot, has decided to try and gain deeper knowledge of all subjects.

Background: Rikard was born into a noble family in a far off land, a home of no small wealth. The youngest of three sons, he often spent his time in the library, reading books and learning new things, although his attention span was often divided among many subjects. Despite his initial reluctance, his brothers forced him to learn combat, and Rikard naturally drifted towards fencing and dueling, using speed and skill rather than brute strength. His parents wealth afforded him much, and he was raised with the finest things and the demeanor of a nobleman expected of him. His oldest brother was a true knight, and having passed an unknown trial far away. became an avatar of the Phoenix. Long ago the house's founder had been an avatar, and the phoenix and birds had been their motif ever since, although Rikard's brother was the first avatar in their family since then. Thirsting for knowledge, especially firsthand experience, Rikard decided to travel, and explore the world.

As he left, his brother gave him a single phoenix feather, in case he should ever need it, right as he left as well. Rikard traveled far, visiting distance lands but never staying in one for too long, as he was far too eager to see it all. Still, he kept in touch with his family somewhat through letters, however long it took for them to travel. His brother, meanwhile, joined a band seeking a mysterious person who was hunting down avatars. He was killed by Chaos as it was unleashed. Rikard barely escaped the destruction of the world, behind quite close to Cornelia at the time as the world faded. Down to his last coin, Rikard took to adventuring to replenish his funds. On a particularly harrowing trip, death nearly claimed him, and the phoenix feather in his cap activated as he mused on his life and the end of his family line. The feather burst into flames and turned to ash. As he stood up, he felt a new strength within himself, and Unsealed the gate to defeat the monsters that had slain him. For one reason or another, he had been chosen as the Phoenix's next avatar.
For the Greater Good

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 am

Shit, we're moving. I should get in there.

Also, remind me, does paladin's generally like dark knights? Does Alexander like Hades? Because I think I can deliver in the "racism" department, and it'll be more than a passing thing.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:00 am

Any room for an armored mage/warrior hybrid?
Basic spell-type is enchantment-type attacks (think firey blades or status debuffs applied on hit)

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 pm

@BoC: Stop posting through your phone.

@Neo: Accepted. And nice to see you again.

@Veg: Oh, the guard will be back. And, no, Paladins don't generally enjoy the company of their opposites, nor does Alexander get along with Hades.

@Zel: There's room for a lot

GMancer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing